PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 319 Discussion/ 320 Predictions

goldb
February 07, 2013, 05:37 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

kidopitz27
February 15, 2013, 01:09 AM
Instant Pawnage :D hahahahah

Thuwa25
February 15, 2013, 01:29 AM
the white knight rises...

shinsengumi
February 15, 2013, 02:01 AM
i'm happy about gajeel's development but what the hell is iron shadow ? it makes no sense . seriously ..

redhairSH
February 15, 2013, 02:04 AM
i'm happy about gajeel's development but what the hell is iron shadow ? it makes no sense . seriously ..

It's probably the same as Rogue, in that he can hide and evade his opponent by becoming shadow, and when he attacks, instead of using shadow enhanced arms and legs like rogue, he uses shadow enhanced iron dragon attacks

jues
February 15, 2013, 03:20 AM
Looks pretty awesome, I didn't have much expectations of Gajeels powers but these spoilers have erased those delusions completely. Can't wait for the chapter to be released!

kidopitz27
February 15, 2013, 04:17 AM

well fire and lightning dragon doesn't make sense too :D as long as they are powerful then it will make sense :D

Kuza
February 15, 2013, 04:58 AM
I'm more intrested in that knight, is it Arcadios or another palace guard? Cause if you ask me - the number of guards and executioneers that have already been beaten is really enough for plot development. But if Mashima will keep sending different guys against Natsu's group it will eventually end as in Charlie's premonition, Natsu will destroy the palace.
I just compared their cloaks, they look pretty similar, but still are a bit different, so my guess is there are like 5 or more knights in king's guard, each with different capabilities. Arcadios is probably #4, this guy is #5
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215103527/fairytail/images/a/ac/King_of_Fiore_%26_Arcadios.png
http://102.imagebam.com/download/nz5IGMNnXFhsevSE-nkGTg/23737/237360171/05.jpg

mstarsup5
February 15, 2013, 05:01 AM
It is Arcadios. He disappeared in the last chapter. That guy is the incarnation of evil, I wonder what he's up to next, and what became of that ex-Sabertooth girl.

ahyousoft
February 15, 2013, 05:04 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/319

Kuza
February 15, 2013, 05:07 AM
Okay, it is Arcadios. Executioners again, lame.

mstarsup5
February 15, 2013, 05:11 AM
Hmmm there's nothing on the last page, nothing telling chapter is over, and nothing about next week's chapter... That's kinda unusual, is there a page missing?

Curryman
February 15, 2013, 05:19 AM
So the princess is the liar...Interesting. So she's a fake/possessed and the shadow is also involved. Im hoping Raven Tail is somehow involved because of they got some terrible treatment.

Impossibility
February 15, 2013, 05:30 AM
It was good to see Gajeel in action, wrecking Rogue. I'm interested in the shadow, and seeing exactly what the princess' role and intentions are.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
I liked it better when they were pointing the finger at future Lucy...

But I did like the battle. Seeing all that extra shadow magic was cool, and the conclusion was nice. Plus Frosch at the end. I always like seeing Frosch.

KingOfNight
February 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
That was very, VERY quick.

There isn't anything interesting at all in this chapter, it was very short and simple. But the last page was weird, I'm almost 98% sure there is a missing page.

One last thing, who's brilliant idea was it to turn a combined roar of shadow and iron into a shining white laser ?

Marzarret
February 15, 2013, 05:39 AM
I liked it better when they were pointing the finger at future Lucy...

But I did like the battle. Seeing all that extra shadow magic was cool, and the conclusion was nice. Plus Frosch at the end. I always like seeing Frosch.

Yeah, I agree on both.
Frosch is less annoying that Lector.
And at least now it is confirmed that that shadow was not part of Rogue's power but a different entity that use the Dragonslayers as his vessel. I think that this time it will target Sting.

mstarsup5
February 15, 2013, 05:40 AM
Hmmmm.... At first, seeing how Arcadios was acting regarding Zeerf, I thought he was a really, really bad guy... But as the chapters advanced, something felt wrong, he seems to feel like compassion and seem to follow the "right path"... After this chapter, I am convinced that:
- Arcadios has been manipulated (shadow or something)
- The princess is that ex-Sabertooth sister, she has been taken away by Zeref's fanatics (the Shadow, or possibly something even bigger) and is now also manipulated.
- Still wondering about that ex-Sabertooth girl... I see no reason for her to join in for the Eclipse... Either she is the bad one (in that case, the princess may not be manipulated but might be on to something with her, since in my opinion they are sisters), or she has also been manipulated, along with the princess.

Murim
Could it be that Arcadios is/was also possessed by that shadow?
It would explain his obsession with Zeref at the beginning of the arc

R3D
ok , how did arcadios get out of the hell place watever it was called while FT is still there ? Iron shadow dragon roar - FT 1 point ... thats worth at least 10 freaking points if it were up to me =P and did anyone else notice levi's panty shot XD

Chris38
February 15, 2013, 06:01 AM
Good chapter. Gajeel's fight was pretty good in my opinion, and the Princess is the one who is lying - well, from the looks of it, Mashima wants to use the confusing effect as much as he can, regarding the Eclipse plan and the things related to it - and for know, I have to say that he is doing a pretty effective job, with it.

And the Executioners or whatever they are called, are back... honestly I thought that fight was already over... hopefully they demonstrate something better, compared to the previous battle against them...

EMS
February 15, 2013, 06:06 AM
so predictable that gaeel was going to defeat rogue and of course the shadow guy will run away and it is a twits that isn't lucy 2.0 lying but the princess, what are her motivations ..

Teleuton
February 15, 2013, 06:12 AM
Hello guys!

This is my very first post in the Mangahelpers forum, eventi if i have been following you for a long time. If i was supposed to make a welcome post somewhere else, i apologise in advance ;(

Concerning Fairy Tail, i found today's chapter a bit dull, since Mashima made the usual "u pown me/ i power up/ i pown u/ u power up/ u pown me" fight, something i wished he would'nt have done.
However, it was indeed interesting seeing that the shadow was "something else", and i bet it is Zeref-related or it could also be from Tartaros, even if this set of things doesen't match up with the fact that Jellal have been sensing this presence for almost 7 years.

Neither i did like the return of the Garou Knights, since they were so badly and totally annihilated. Now Mirajane is away, though, so things could be more interesting.

I really appreciated the revelation of the last page, since i never expected the Princess to be the liar.
The point now is: why is she telling lies? Doesen't she want to save her kingdom?

Another thing that came to my mind is the possibility that Yukino is also involved in this. I know it's a bit farfetched theory, but that Black Key did seem a bit suspicious. What if she is a uber-strong villain behind that angelic face?

P.S: This forum is fantastic! ;)

##

sarutobi_sensei
February 15, 2013, 06:22 AM
Gaaah Im getting more confused with each passing chapter. The hell was that shadow? How did it know Gajeel?

The hungry wolves are back? Haven't they learned their lesson?

Future Lucy wasn't lying but the princess is? And Arcadios looks badass with that armor.

kidopitz27
February 15, 2013, 07:17 AM
i really think that shadow is from Raven tail the one that attacked Wendy

what if the one who's lying is the Future Lucy? what if she lied so that she can save FT from their deaths because in the future FT beat all the dragons even injured Zeref but that cost their lives :(

Giga_Gaia
February 15, 2013, 07:54 AM
Those executioners think they can win this time around, so cute. Apparently, they're a bunch of masochists who likes to get the crap beaten out of them.

Kuza
February 15, 2013, 08:29 AM
Gaaah Im getting more confused with each passing chapter. The hell was that shadow? How did it know Gajeel?

-Raven tail imp (I vote for this 1)
-Zeref's magic
-Acnologia's magic
-Phantom lord ex master Jozu
-Put here your option

Natsu will simply firelightining roar the fuck out of those executioners+guards+whoever, what may be the reason of castle to colapse.

REN KOUEN
February 15, 2013, 08:33 AM
was the shadow just testing rogue?
will gajeel.retain this power?
interesting chapter but i feel like i know.less now than before i read it

Buggy
February 15, 2013, 08:47 AM
Good chapter except one thing - the executioners. Owned just few chapters ago, back to get owned once more?

I felt like being caught in some crazy time loop (think Kabuto in Itachi's jutsu).

exacta
February 15, 2013, 09:12 AM
The fight with Rogue ended way too quickly.......I thought it would at least last most of the chapter. No explanation of how Gajeel knows him either. Ughhh.....and the Executioners are back? Seriously Mashima? I also like the idea of Future Lucy being the liar better.....so 10,000 dragons is really going to happen now? Have to admit, Arcadios looks badass in his battle armor. Only thing I liked about the chapter.

REN KOUEN
February 15, 2013, 09:18 AM
i am also not a fan of the executioners coming back, even if powered up somehow we all know what is going to happen

i love the idea of the city being attacked by dragons, this is how things become epic, i dont see any way that it wouldnt be amazing

Krono
February 15, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hmmm there's nothing on the last page, nothing telling chapter is over, and nothing about next week's chapter... That's kinda unusual, is there a page missing?

No, the scanlator just erased the next chapter title on the last page instead of translating it.

- The princess is that ex-Sabertooth sister, she has been taken away by Zeref's fanatics (the Shadow, or possibly something even bigger) and is now also manipulated.

Yukino's missing sister is pretty blatantly Angel of the Oracion Seis.

exacta
February 15, 2013, 09:34 AM
i am also not a fan of the executioners coming back, even if powered up somehow we all know what is going to happen

i love the idea of the city being attacked by dragons, this is how things become epic, i dont see any way that it wouldnt be amazing

Well it does seem cool, at first glance but here's my problem with it. Think of the bullshit Mashima had to pull just to save Fairy Tail from ONE dragon. Do I really want to know what he'll have to pull out of his ass to save them from 10,000? I suppose he could have Igneel, Grandine and Metalicana save them, but could they really take down that many by themselves? Probably I guess.

Krono
February 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
Well it does seem cool, at first glance but here's my problem with it. Think of the bullshit Mashima had to pull just to save Fairy Tail from ONE dragon. Do I really want to know what he'll have to pull out of his ass to save them from 10,000? I suppose he could have Igneel, Grandine and Metalicana save them, but could they really take down that many by themselves? Probably I guess.

The catch there is that Acnologia is pretty much the strongest dragon, strong enough that he's called the dragon king. Other dragons likely have varying strength, and some may be much weaker.

Moogle Mango
February 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
The catch there is that Acnologia is pretty much the strongest dragon, strong enough that he's called the dragon king. Other dragons likely have varying strength, and some may be much weaker.

Even if some of the other dragons being weaker is relative. Humans vs. Dragons? Dragons are dangerous, regardless of their level of strength.

KingOfNight
February 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Mangastream translation is out !
(http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/15803633/1)
Title of the next chapter is "Fierce Lightning". So will we finally be seeing Laxus-Dono's action ?

I just hope he doesn't eat Orga's lightning :-_-

Athrin
February 15, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mangastream translation is out !
(http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/15803633/1)
Title of the next chapter is "Fierce Lightning". So will we finally be seeing Laxus-Dono's action ?

I just hope he doesn't eat Orga's lightning :-_-

A lighting DS not eating lighting? Asking for a bit too much with that one.

KingOfNight
February 15, 2013, 11:03 AM
A lighting DS not eating lighting? Asking for a bit too much with that one.

But Orga's lightning is a god lightning. You aren't supposed to eat it...just no. I'm sick of this "Imma eat and power up" thing.

Razh
February 15, 2013, 11:30 AM
But Orga's lightning is a god lightning. You aren't supposed to eat it...just no. I'm sick of this "Imma eat and power up" thing.

Tell that to Natsu. I smell Lightning Dragon God's Roar, or something like that...

But seriously, Laxus gives me the impression that he's way over Orga's league, even without resorting to eating some black electricity.

exacta
February 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

He's probably stronger than any one of those dragons individually, but the problem is thats 10,000 combined.....I'm sure if they all fired a blast at once it would do more damage than Acnologia's by himself. I wouldn't be that surprised if Acnologia could defeat all of them though.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Two words. God. Flames. :derp

Maybe the "inedible" property was only a characteristic of God Flames, and God Lightning has a different property? Then again the inedible property being associated with God Slayers fits with the Anti-Dragon Slayer magic created by Zeref theory. Laxus is clearly out of Orga's league though. I'm more interested in what Jura will do. He should win. I think Laxus and Orga might team up to beat him though. Would be more fitting with the title.

Lozmaster
February 15, 2013, 11:44 AM
First thing I have to say: HOLY COW, A DRAGONS ROAR ATTACK ACTUALLY WORKED??? I literally can't remember the last time that a dragons roar managed to knock someone out.

All this talk of god flames... It's quite likely the only reason Natsu couldn't eat them is because they were stronger than his flames.

Notice how both Wendy and Shelia didn't eat each others attacks, when they were mostly an even match? Yeah. And that before Jura turned up Orga has clearly taken damage, as has Laxus? If either of them could eat the others magic easily, one of them wouldn't have been damaged at all.

It's entirely possible that it's was either a property of Zancrows magic and not godslayers in general, in that he thought his flames couldn't be eaten (Obviously he was wrong!).

i really think that shadow is from Raven tail the one that attacked Wendy

It wasn't a shadow that attacked Lucy. It was Obras "Imp". I don't think he ever showed the ability to turn into a shadow.

Yukino's missing sister is pretty blatantly Angel of the Oracion Seis.
I disagree. She's "pretty blatantly" Meredy, if she is anyone that we've already met.

Kuzumikun
February 15, 2013, 12:36 PM
The fight was predictable, but awesome haha. I don't know what to believe, the princess is lying? Or future Lucy? (I feel like I'm watching one of my drama shows).

Razh
February 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
I disagree. She's "pretty blatantly" Meredy, if she is anyone that we've already met.

Meredy... Suuuuure.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5vekZYZB1riqkbyo1_400.png

It's not really Agatha Christie novel material.

meepers4982
February 15, 2013, 01:11 PM
I like how we get the cliffhanger that the princess is lying. What im even more curious about his just what she's lying about...hmm. I think she wants the dragons to attack but why i have no idea.

Ifrit
February 15, 2013, 01:11 PM
Felt like the fight ended quickly, but liked Gajeel new powers his face expressions reminded me in the bad ass Gajeel back in Phantom Arc.

I would say this is a good chapter, but then the Executioners appeared.:no ( With another comment how Mirajane is very strong, but yet she lost the only decent fight she had against Azuma, and now she disappeared again in a the sake of repeating the same thing).

As for next chapter I really hope we won't get to see a Lightning God Dragon roar ...enough with the dragons roar stuff. I would hope to see Laxus + Orga Vs Jura....this make the title fit more, but again Laxus is a beast ...we never know. Mostly will be the first evenly match in this Arc...can't wait to see it.

Jura & Laxus those two can't disappoint you..no way They will be testing each other strength instead of fighting till "DEATH" which make the fight more interesting that either side could lose or draw maybe.

KingOfNight
February 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Meredy... Suuuuure.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5vekZYZB1riqkbyo1_400.png

It's not really Agatha Christie novel material.

Just wanted to note...that's a creepy picture.

gaston42
February 15, 2013, 02:31 PM
This whole "the princess is lying" cliffhanger smells troll a mile away. I'm not saying that she does not have an agenda, but many things don't sound right :
- She's not the one who told the 10000-dragon story.
- She was really concerned about saving Arcadios, who looks more like a pawn than someone essential to her plans.
- Someone thinking "my plans keep backfiring" is not qualified to be an Aizen-ish villain who has planned everything in the last 7 years.

And we still have other suspects, like the minister or the shadow.

SK-Hao
February 15, 2013, 02:46 PM
Someone is lying and future Lucy seems suspicious. Being completley useless, not telling them any relevant information about the future. Except that they fail. She diddnt come with a plan, and she doesnt have 12 keys or a way to prove she is the real Lucy. And why cant Natsu beat up a couple hundred guards? He could do that at the beginning of the manga.

Krono
February 15, 2013, 03:07 PM

Right, let's see the evidence that Yukino's sister Sorano is Angel:

Angel:
Was captured by Zeref cultist slavers.
Is using a code name, not her real name.
Has the same sentence ending verbal tick as Sorano.
Has the same hair color as Yukino and Sorano.
Sorano's name contains Sora, a Japanese word for sky. Angel's wish was to fly in the sky like an angel.
Lots of people were calling Yukino "Angel 2.0" when Yukino first appeared.
After which we learned that like Angel, Yukino was a Stellar Spirit Wizard.
Sorano's hairstyle (http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v34/c303/13.html) as a youth that we can see, matches Angel's hairstyle as an adult (http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v16/c133/19.html). It also matches what we can see of young Angel's hairstyle (http://i.imgur.com/7OWxS3k.jpg) in the anime.
They have the same voice actress in the anime.

Evidence for Meledy being Yukino's sister:
Grimoire Heart killed everyone her her town except her.

Evidence for Hisui being Yukino's sister:

Yeah. If you want to go on believing that Meledy or someone we've never met is Yukino's sister, be my guest. Just don't claim it's an asspull when it finally gets explicitly revealed that Angel is Yukino's sister.

1337 haxor
February 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
Completely forgot about commenting the chapter... XD

First of all, Gajeel is awesome! I dunno why but he just looks so much better when kicking ass than Natsu that this chapter should have been entirely dedicated to him.

In fact if it was dedicated to Gajeel the chapter would have been totally epic but Mashima had to buckle things up by bringing the scene back to Natsu and even restoring that lame execution squad to boot.

What really drops the cake though is Arcadios armor, that thing looks really weird and perhaps explain why Erza never wears a helmet, Mashima just doesn't know how to make good looking one.

Anyhow, pretty decent chapter.

Also, WTF is going between the princess, future Lucy and Arcadios? Seriously, one of them is lying or are they both telling the truth yet know false information?

Jellal's comments on future Lucy not being real are even more of a mindscrew, it really lampshades that this future Lucy might be a Zeref fabrication, a puppet homunculus fabricated to make the real Lucy complete the Eclipse and create the Great Magic World.

zerocooldx
February 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
So the leader/strongest members of the whack ass knights has yet to show up? Great, thats going to be another chapter of a meaningless fight. Even this Laxus vs Orga vs Jura fight is going to very lame due to the fact that it won't last longer then one chapter, two at best. I don't see the point in these one sided short fights other then them being a really, really fast way for Mashima to prove FT is still the strongest guild even though the plot has already moved away from that.

kkck
February 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
Based on what we have seen so far I doubt the princess is lying. Then again we have to consider the possibility of lucy not lying either. What if she was hypnotized and sent from the future? She would gennuily believe in her cause and every word she is saying and still be working for the wrong team. Perhaps the disaster that will occur soon is simply different from what is about to happen.

As far as the fight between gajeel and rogue I would argue it went as expected. I am somewhat disappointed in that the apparent merger or elements was not quite right though. With natsu the combination of elements seemed more fluid to some extent. I guess it is because iron is a physical thing while natsu deals with two intangible elements. My greatest question would be whether gajeel will from now on be able to use shadows as a second element of sorts. Natsu got lightning from laxus and he kept it and was even able to use it comfortably against enma so there is a very real possibility of gajeel keeping this. Perhaps it is fair, I would argue that plotwise it makes sense for gajeel and natsu to remain close in combat power.

I did like how the two of them fought though. Shadow element seems to be extremely versatile and adds an entire new dimension (perhaps literally) to combat and movement. It seems to be more about speed and agility than offense and defense itself so perhaps it is a perfect fit to gajeel's iron. Iron being solid has proven to be perfect for offense and defense at large. Natsu had fire which is great offensively and granted him some jet-like abilities however he still does not get significant boosts in other areas. Lightning worked similarly to fire in that regard, it does not have any special benefits to defense.... natsu seems to be pure offense to some degree. Laxus has actually transformed into lightning and gajeel can transform into shadow, perhaps natsu will eventually be able to transform into fire or lightning. Lightning in particular would be useful for moving fast.

As far as the shadow we just saw I would have two theories. The first is that the shadow is connected to the imp that raven tail guy had. Perhaps they are both demons created by zeref? The other theory would be that the guy who took over rogue was rogue's dragon parent. Perhaps rogue's dragon parent is an enemy of humans.

Krono
February 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
So the leader/strongest members of the whack ass knights has yet to show up?

This is why liberal translations are bad. I assume you only looked at the Mangastream translation. Here's the Mangapanda translation:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/319/17

If that doesn't make it clear enough to you between the two translation, the one that fought Mirajane is saying that Mirajane isn't there. They aren't talking about some nebulous unknown member of the Garou Knights.

MechR
February 15, 2013, 04:33 PM
And why cant Natsu beat up a couple hundred guards? He could do that at the beginning of the manga.Maybe he's trying not to kill them? Yeah, I dunno.

Zasz
February 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
The Executioners are a pain the ass, but seeing Gajeel trashing Rogue was awesome.
I'm starting to think that the thing which possessed Rogue, is just the imp of RT.
It's just too shady...

Krono
February 15, 2013, 07:02 PM
Maybe he's trying not to kill them? Yeah, I dunno.

Likely this. He's trying to not murder hundreds of royal guards by launching a dragon's roar and either frying them, or bringing the ceiling down on them.

chess4
February 15, 2013, 09:45 PM
the Shadow that possessed Rogue said"so this is the extent of Rogue's power". Zeref said the same thing about Natsu. I think that the Shadow is working for Zeref. I dont think that Zeref will ultimately be the bad guy. I think Zeref took the blame for someone else. I think that all the Dragon Slayers(Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, and Zeref) were are warriors hundreds of years ago, and somehow they knew something major would happen in the future so they made deals with the Dragons to take care of them when they reappeared in this age to raise them when this threat reappeared.

Uriel
February 15, 2013, 10:06 PM
You know, this chapter gave me some things to think trough a lit better. I don't usually praise Mashima, but the spins this arc are actually good. I'm somewhat confused and unable to predict anything at this point. That is either for the randomness proper of Fairy Tail or Mashima doing his job better than previous occasion.

Morlun
February 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
This is why liberal translations are bad. I assume you only looked at the Mangastream translation. Here's the Mangapanda translation:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/319/17

If that doesn't make it clear enough to you between the two translation, the one that fought Mirajane is saying that Mirajane isn't there. They aren't talking about some nebulous unknown member of the Garou Knights.

"Now you will here mine."

I don't know about you, but I don't put much faith in Mangapanda's translation.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their work, and I'm really thankful for the quick fix they provide when I'm jonesing for a chapter, but if they can't write proper English, that doesn't inspire trust in their translation skills.

jues
February 15, 2013, 10:28 PM
It was a great chapter indeed, just because the fight between Gajeel and Rogue was so aesthetically pleasing. I predicted several chapters ago that Future Lucy most likely won't be holding evil intentions and Arcadios strengthened that point of view in this chapter.

everydaygamer
February 15, 2013, 11:52 PM

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their work, and I'm really thankful for the quick fix they provide when I'm jonesing for a chapter, but if they can't write proper English, that doesn't inspire trust in their translation skills.

i was confused too but reading mangastream's translation again I'm almost certain they are referring the mira not being there.

Morlun
February 16, 2013, 04:37 AM
Okay, now I hope Gajeel's hangover from eating a second element isn't too severe, so that he's up in time to beat the crap out of whomever tries to scar Levy's pretty face.

MonkeyLuffy
February 16, 2013, 05:32 AM
Good 1st part(the fight),Bad 2nd part (Natsu had to beat them all by himself without even try),quite good 3rd part except Arcadios and that he had to limp!

Razh
February 16, 2013, 01:45 PM
The part when they fight the guards should be like when you're playing an JRPG, pretty farmed and leveled up, and disposing of random encounters with default attacks in one turn. And the executioners should take about 2-3 turns. Why they all survived longer than one chapter is beyond me. Nobody wants to see our champs in a filler fighting. Get down to business already!

Zasz
February 17, 2013, 07:39 AM
The part when they fight the guards should be like when you're playing an JRPG, pretty farmed and leveled up, and disposing of random encounters with default attacks in one turn. And the executioners should take about 2-3 turns. Why they all survived longer than one chapter is beyond me. Nobody wants to see our champs in a filler fighting. Get down to business already!

LOL, I liked your analogy.
But seriously, they should have all stayed underground, except cosmo and Kamika. :teehee

exacta
February 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
I suppose we have to consider the possibility that both Lucy and Princess Hisui are lying.......I don't know this back and forth thing about whose lying and what the real Eclipse Plan is is too confusing. Who knows how it will really play out. And yeah if it wasn't for this Natsu and co. going to the castle the tournament would probably be over now.

Krono
February 19, 2013, 10:41 AM

Bad grammar, and clear difficulty translating are problematic, but they're less problematic than flat out making things up. Here are a few examples from the latest Naruto chapter 620:

Mangapanda: Wha.. What presence!!
Official Viz: N-Now we're talking presence, like seriously!
Mangastream: Yup... Just soiled myself...

Mangapanda: You're always the same *******-sama.
Official Viz: You haven't changed a bit, Lord *******.
Mangastream: *******-sama... Don't scare me like that...

Mangapanda: The world is always at war...
Official Viz: Always conflict, no matter what the era...
Mangastream: It's always something with him...

It varies from chapter to chapter, and series to series even with the same translator doing both series. But that's the sort of problem Mangastream's had for a while now.

TheBoss
February 21, 2013, 03:47 PM
So I guess all dragonslayers can eat other things that not their element? Or is just a natsu, gajeel thing?

Morlun
February 21, 2013, 06:11 PM
Bad grammar, and clear difficulty translating are problematic, but they're less problematic than flat out making things up. Here are a few examples from the latest Naruto chapter 620:

Mangapanda: Wha.. What presence!!
Official Viz: N-Now we're talking presence, like seriously!
Mangastream: Yup... Just soiled myself...

Mangapanda: You're always the same *******-sama.
Official Viz: You haven't changed a bit, Lord *******.
Mangastream: *******-sama... Don't scare me like that...

Mangapanda: The world is always at war...
Official Viz: Always conflict, no matter what the era...
Mangastream: It's always something with him...

It varies from chapter to chapter, and series to series even with the same translator doing both series. But that's the sort of problem Mangastream's had for a while now.

True. Mangastream's latest One Piece chapter was particularly jarring. I even did something I don't usually do: I read the Mangapanda version afterwards. I usually only read MP when MS is not available, and always read the MS version when it becomes available.

Alas, since they are the only two quick scans I know of, there's not much choice. Are there any other teams working on Fairy Tail?

Krono
February 22, 2013, 02:08 AM
True. Mangastream's latest One Piece chapter was particularly jarring. I even did something I don't usually do: I read the Mangapanda version afterwards. I usually only read MP when MS is not available, and always read the MS version when it becomes available.

Alas, since they are the only two quick scans I know of, there's not much choice. Are there any other teams working on Fairy Tail?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone working on Fairy Tail other than Manga Panda and Mangastream. Manga Rule does One Piece pretty quickly, OP, Bleach, and Naruto all have various other translations floating around for them. But it's just MP and MS for Fairy Tail.

Morlun
February 22, 2013, 03:26 AM
Oh, well... I guess I'll just always read both from now on. Thanks!

R3D
February 22, 2013, 03:45 AM
so is there gonna be a chapter today ? been waiting all day and nothing , hope at least its late and not no chapter this week x.x