PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach Chapter 261 Review

Athena
February 06, 2007, 05:47 PM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4026/aizentaichomn0.jpg

As Ichigo moves closer, Aizen watches over everything as if nothing has happened. So villainous…

Boooooooo, you’re always late.

I know, sorry everybody for the very late review. If I tell you why it’s late you won’t believe me but in short: I tried to change my IP address but I screwed up so bad I had to reinstall my windows! Being pissed at my computer I forgot to backup my files and everything got deleted after I formatted my drive. My original review was pretty good, I worked a lot on it but I don’t have it anymore. So I decided to write this one instead. I Hope you enjoy reading it.

Chapter 261

This was a really nice chapter. It started with Chad showing off his new powers and beating the crap out of a former Espada and ended by his ass being handed to him by a new Espada. As I predicted earlier, Chad is not kubo’s favorite character but this was a very mean thing to do to Chad. Poor guy didn’t even have time to celebrate his first victory.

First lets’ start with Chad’s abilities. From the start I didn’t think Gantiban wasn’t much of an opponent for Chad. Gantiban attacked him full force but Chad just used one hand to stop him, and then counter attack so powerful it even broke the wall next to him!

Talking about his abilities, it seems his La muerte (attack of the devil) is very similar to a cero. Well it may not be a perfect comparison; however, do you remember when ichigo was fighting his hollow inside of him? His other hollow was fighting Vizards using his real body and he was about to use his cero when Ichigo finally came out.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5814/41304464km5.jpg

But what’s more interesting is what happens after the fight. Unlike that loser, ishida (see [1]), and like ichigo he fought like a man; a true knight. After he defeated his opponent, when he saw him injured on the ground this is what he did:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9222/22yf7.jpg

How touching! (in your face ishida)

now before we get to this new Espada, let’s take a look at Ulquiorra (I believe he is a vasto lorde but that’s only me)
As we know Ulquiorra is espada number one. The main villain; Byakuya of Hueco Mundo with super-awesome-kick-ass powers which we haven’t seen yet! My point is that he is powerful; you don’t mess around with him. Remember when Grimmjow was about to release his Zanpakuto? He arrived and just put his hand on grimmjow’s sword and the poor guy didn’t say a word although he was pissed as hell!
Now the first time we see this Noitora guy, here is how he talks to Ulquiorra:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4622/11102477yy0.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4269/67982417yy7.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7477/44818053xs4.jpg

Early Conclusion:
He is either too confident, crazy or has incredible amount of power and doesn’t give a damn about his opponent. Either case Chad is in deep trouble.

Noitora
What is it with this guy? To be honest, he looks like as drug addict. Why the hell is he so slim? Reminds me of those anorexia-loving models in London fashion show! ewwwww…

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7334/10387556lc0.jpg

This druggy also has an eye patch. Very similar to Zaraki in my opinion. Is he holding back against Chad? Oh man, with his abilities sealed, chad couldn’t do anything now imagine his full power. Scray…

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2760/86128785is3.jpg

Former Espada

There is an interesting point regarding former Espadas. They are not happy with what’s happening in H.M. well, I wouldn’t be either if, not long a go, I was at the very top and now I’m not in the circle of power anymore. What we saw at the end of ichigo’s fight was a sacrifice by an espada as an appreciation for not killing him. But perhaps it's little more complicated than that. Maybe they don’t like Aizen period! They went against his orders; they knew they’ll die if they do so.
This seems very interesting if we look at the last page of this chapter.

some people need to learn manners. How Rude!

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1848/liliht0.jpg

Now having that in mind, Can the blood be Gantiban’s? If I’m proved to be right, then former espadas may all be thinking the same and that’s definitely good news for ichigo and his friends.

[1]
Based on an incredibly accurate survey, Ishida is still “the most hated character” in Bleach. This survey was done by nobody else but me since I could not find anybody more reliable and trustworthy. The results of this survey are very accurate and all the small details were considered. He got most of the votes and in the end, to make sure he will stay on top, I added two dozen to his votes. Manually adjusting the results, is justified when dealing with Evil characters. As it can be seen, I was merciful even toward the most ruthless, the most annoying and the most hated characters in the universe. May he die in agony.

EXTRA…EXTRA!

Since I was late for this review I decide to do something extra. As we all know bleach anime has gone back to the Manga storyline. Does that mean we are all happy and are going to celebrate? @#$% No! You ask why? Because the quality of the animation is so great most of us almost die of laughter at the beginning of the show. I’m utterly speechless by the beauty hidden in their drawings! Take a look:

Fantastic animation, is this suppose to be Orihime?!
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7995/bleach20201112020large2lb3.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8286/bleach20201112020large2if1.jpg

This one is my favorite, do you know what the original looked like?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4307/lastoneug4.jpg

Surprised? Me too!

what with their faces? it's tringle. i can draw better
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/7458/bleach20201112020large2qq3.jpg

This is Ichigo, I recognized him from his “sword”
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9554/fuglymy4.jpg

Shinji at it’s best:
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/8769/e11130ho7.jpg

Click to see the original:
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4063/llllastmp9.jpg

Bottom line, read the manga, forget the anime! (and I was merciful enough not to show those bount dolls)

Rating: 4.5, I wanted to give this chapter a 4 but because there is a new Espada, I added 0.5 point.

Credit: M7 as usual for their super awesome scans, www.Bleach7.com and www.randomc.animeblogger.net/ for their Bleach anime pictures. And finally www.animepaper.com for their amazing wallpapers

We have one day until the new chapter comes out! Let me know what you guys think.

Inana
:kkthumbs

gigantor21
February 06, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wow, inana--this was hilarious. I loved the extra part at the end--I already thought the first Hybrid Arc episodes were ugly as hell, but when I saw them next to the corresponding manga panels I couldn't stop laughing. And your captions made it so much better ("Is THAT supposed to be Orihime!?").

As always, great job. And I hope you're computers working fine, now.

Athena
February 06, 2007, 06:53 PM
Wow, inana--this was hilarious. I loved the extra part at the end--I already thought the first Hybrid Arc episodes were ugly as hell, but when I saw them next to the corresponding manga panels I couldn't stop laughing. And your captions made it so much better ("Is THAT supposed to be Orihime!?").

thanks man :) the animation really disappointed me especially with Naruto-2 starting to air from next week i wanted to enjoy Bleach but it doesn't seem animators care T________T

if this delay-review trend continues next week, chapter 263 will be out before my 262 review! and btw Don't ever, EVER use "WinProxy-IP Plutonium", that program is a computer killer!

mugen
February 06, 2007, 07:09 PM
guess i wasn't the only one to notice the anime faults :noworry
anyways good review :thumbs

kiddo7
February 06, 2007, 07:35 PM
I like the style of your reviews very much, but I think that you are a little harsh when dealing out judgment. NOne the less a very enjoyable read.

sahugani
February 06, 2007, 08:45 PM
love the review. it sums up alot of points very nicely and the analysis through use of old chapters makes it beautiful. i also agree with alot of your opinions, but have my own take on some of them.

1. about Chad's attacks - evr since Urahara's comment started to imply a hollow or arrancar nature to Chad's attacks, i've always thought of his right hand blasts to be more similar to cero. Now that Chad's powers have been truely revealed i've got a more advanced thought on his powers as it relates to his arms. His powers are all about the amplification and compression of energy. His right arm amplifies the energy which allows him to create the massive blasts. It also allows him to apply that amplified energy over the entire surface of his body, allowing his shield to be so tough and also explaining his speed increase upon the shield's creation. the left arm can take that energy and compress it to a huge degree. he compresses the power into each of his fingers and is released full force upon impact.

2. i agree that Ulquiorra is a Vastrolord and Espada #1. the only other Espada who doesn't look too akward for #1 or has a wrong personality would be the gloved guy we saw, but i still think Ulquiorra is #1.

3. as far as Noitora goes, i think he just doesn't care about anything. he's probably closest to Ikkaku in terms of personality although in a more sinister way

4. I also don't like Ishida very much. Of all the earth warriors he's the only one not to lose a fight after he joined the good guys (not counting against his dad or against Tousen) when Chad is so much more deserving

i may start Bleach reviews at some point as well, but i just started One Piece reviews, so i might just see how that goes first

qwan3356
February 06, 2007, 11:36 PM
great review, Can't wait for the next one^^

gigantor21
February 07, 2007, 09:21 AM
1. about Chad's attacks - evr since Urahara's comment started to imply a hollow or arrancar nature to Chad's attacks, i've always thought of his right hand blasts to be more similar to cero. Now that Chad's powers have been truely revealed i've got a more advanced thought on his powers as it relates to his arms. His powers are all about the amplification and compression of energy. His right arm amplifies the energy which allows him to create the massive blasts. It also allows him to apply that amplified energy over the entire surface of his body, allowing his shield to be so tough and also explaining his speed increase upon the shield's creation. the left arm can take that energy and compress it to a huge degree. he compresses the power into each of his fingers and is released full force upon impact.

I'd say that's the most intelligent theory I've ever heard since I started reading Bleach. It makes perfect sense.

2. i agree that Ulquiorra is a Vastrolord and Espada #1. the only other Espada who doesn't look too akward for #1 or has a wrong personality would be the gloved guy we saw, but i still think Ulquiorra is #1.

Yeah, that's the gut feeling I get too--mostly because of Aizen's favoritism for him over the others, especially in comparison to Grimmjow. Unlike Ulquiorra, Aizen doesn't seem to take him very seriously at all.

i may start Bleach reviews at some point as well, but i just started One Piece reviews, so i might just see how that goes first

That'd be awesome! I'd love to see more people reviewing Bleach, especially seeing how inana has brought vitality back to the section. So if you think you can, then go for it!

sahugani
February 07, 2007, 10:10 AM
I'd say that's the most intelligent theory I've ever heard since I started reading Bleach. It makes perfect sense.

thank you. that is quite a compliment

Yeah, that's the gut feeling I get too--mostly because of Aizen's favoritism for him over the others, especially in comparison to Grimmjow. Unlike Ulquiorra, Aizen doesn't seem to take him very seriously at all.

i noticed that among the Espada, Ulquiorra is the only one he really seems to put faith into. All others seem to be falling into his mental games. even Tousen seems to be prey to these games, but not Ulquiorra, leading to my theory that Tousen will not survive this arc or at least will be captured by SS

That'd be awesome! I'd love to see more people reviewing Bleach, especially seeing how inana has brought vitality back to the section. So if you think you can, then go for it!

i think i may just do that

Athena
February 07, 2007, 02:12 PM

there is something else also, Ulquiorra seems to worship Aizen. The only Espada so far who has done everything Aizen has told him with no question and the only Espada which i think Aizen "truly" trusts is Ulquiorra. Remember the chapter he talked to Urihime and after that "Noitora"? i kinna felt bad for him at some points; he's acting like goebbels in Nazi Germany(minister of propaganda!). Well perhaps not the best comparison but they both sure have the ability to manipulate!
Regarding Grimmjow, something’s telling me Aizen is evaluating the idea of getting rid of him somehow. The way he looks at him or the way he treats him is very harsh. But again Aizen in general doesn’t give a damn about his subordinated.

I like the style of your reviews very much, but I think that you are a little harsh when dealing out judgment. NOne the less a very enjoyable read.

Granted, I was little (just a little!) harsh toward one specific character and in some places my language was perhaps angry. I’ll do my best not to be like that :)

love the review. it sums up alot of points very nicely and the analysis through use of old chapters makes it beautiful. i also agree with alot of your opinions, but have my own take on some of them.

4. I also don't like Ishida very much. Of all the earth warriors he's the only one not to lose a fight after he joined the good guys (not counting against his dad or against Tousen) when Chad is so much more deserving

Completely agree with gigantor here again, that's an excellent explanation for your first point. Your 4th comment was fantastic. I almost cried; i love you!! T__________T

It's great to hear you're going to write reviews too! :) Alternative view points are always better than only two. We support you!! :amuse We gonna beat that Naruto review section! muhahahahaha

gigantor21
February 07, 2007, 05:25 PM
It's great to hear you're going to write reviews too! :) Alternative view points are always better than only two. We support you!! :amuse We gonna beat that Naruto review section! muhahahahaha

YES!! *laughs like Sagat from Street Fighter II*

And on the Ishida point, I agree that Chad's needs more wins under his belt. He's the most humble person in the group, after all.

sahugani
February 07, 2007, 05:29 PM
it's decided. i'm putting out a bleach review of my own this week. thanks to both of you for the support.

and to once again bring up Ishida, he better not take down an Espada if Chad doesn't get to at some point. and even then, i think Renji should get that chance more than him

gigantor21
February 07, 2007, 09:06 PM
it's decided. i'm putting out a bleach review of my own this week. thanks to both of you for the support.

YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

and to once again bring up Ishida, he better not take down an Espada if Chad doesn't get to at some point. and even then, i think Renji should get that chance more than him

I agree that Ishida shouldn't beat any Espada's if Chad can't, but I doubt that anyone will at this point, to be honest. I think we've already passed the halfway point of this arc.

sahugani
February 07, 2007, 09:15 PM
YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

hahaha i look forward to the chapter coming out so i can start

I agree that Ishida shouldn't beat any Espada's if Chad can't, but I doubt that anyone will at this point, to be honest. I think we've already passed the halfway point of this arc.

i hate to bring it up (cause its ishida's big victory), but in SS arc Ishida got to fight Maiyuri and we saw the Renji/Byakuya fight (he didn't win but it was still a decent fight) and both of those were in the 2nd half