PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character in GantZ?

Gold Knight
February 07, 2007, 12:07 PM
So, tell us here who are your favorite characters in GantZ, and why. What makes them special characters to you? What would you like to see them accomplish by the end of the manga series?

manu
February 07, 2007, 12:11 PM
My favorite character was Kei at the begining. I actually felt a connection with him. We were both jerks. The joy that a main character can be a jerk and get laid in the hallway and blow out alien brains was so cool. But apparantly that was acceptable and he had to "grow up." Though my faith in Kei came back when he killed all those vampires singlehandly. With a flashlight no less.

Um unfortunately I didn't have the same love for that homocidal sword guy who pretended to be a black terrorist. The fact that he could kill so many people is a bunch of bullshit from my perspective but it was a cool fight nonetheless, just wish he didn't have to pose to be a black terrorist. That and he killed innocent people which is a big no-no.

Gold Knight
February 07, 2007, 12:19 PM
I've really grown to like Kei. I didn't like him so much when he was a jealous jerk, but he's really come to earn my respect throughout the series by, yes, maturing and not becoming so shallow as he used to be, as well as recognizing the value of life as Katou did early on, but at the same time not being so hesistant to act. He's turned into an amazingly capable leader.

But Katou is still my favorite. I relate more to him - and he managed to keep the team human (just look at the Osaka team, without their morals), but I understand why he wasn't the main character, he was already pretty much established as a do-gooder, and there wouldn't have been any dynamic character development. But I've always liked him, and it wasn't surprising to me at all that he did eventually inspire Kei to be a better person in the end. I was glad to see him come back to be able to take care of his brother.

I'm hoping that this time he will stick with the team to the end, regardless of Kei's possible future involvement as the new leader or not.

I don't like Izumi at all, no. But it's become obvious he's kind of supposed to be a Sephiroth-type character in the series. Long hair, long sword, kills innocent girl, and just a homicidal killer.

xi0
February 07, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure whether it can be said that I liked Izumi, but I think he played an important role in the story. His apathetic, homicidal, and socio-pathic personality was a big change as far as the main characters of the story go. He was also clearly the best all around Gantzer statistics-wise. I think towards the end of his life he recognized the more important things in life. He would definitely be my go to guy if they needed to revive a strong character.

I also think that Kaze is very interesting character. Is he really just a country bumpkin with an appetite for destruction? Takeshi being introduced made Kaze seem just that more endearing.

Gold Knight
February 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah, he'll probably be back. I wouldn't be surprised to see them summon him back realizing strength was absolutely essential if they were ever to be free of GantZ. Still doesn't mean I like him though. But he makes a good villain and erstwhile ally for the story I suppose.

I also like Kaze, but he's sort of cliche as manga characters looking to be the "best fighter in Japan" go. I AM interested in seeing how he grows as a result of his relationship with the Takeshi, though.

Emery
February 10, 2007, 04:43 PM
My favourite so far is Izumi. He's just one of those guys that you love to hate, and he's awesome like that. Like it was said earlier, he has that Sephiroth complex, and it's just awesome. He took out an entire mob of vampires, so he basically went down like a champ.

Close in second is Kei Kurono, for the same reasons as posted above me.

Third would be Nishi. I don't know why, I just love his sarcastic, cynical ass.

venicia777
February 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
I dont have an absolute favorite. It was kurono's initial attitude of apathy and selfishness as well as his lucidly sexual orientations that got me interested in the show. I told myself-- what a crazy guy-- this looks pretty good- it looks like somebody i know (and this is true :p).

Then after many chapters Katou's character held more sway for me. I loved his attitude although i wished he was a little colder somehow.

Kei's metamorphosis- with Katou and others deaths in the series. His character became so adorable and lovable when he was normal and fighting those vampires with a flashlight.

And then Izumi-- boy i loved the change that guy brought into the show. I cant stress that much.

So, these 3 guys have been to me the pillars of the show- and my favorites thus far.

Gold Knight
February 11, 2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I have to admit Kei was remarkably very realistic as your "normal little jerk" - and it also helps you sympathize a little more with these type of people in real life too. I suppose that's one reason I did keep reading, because Kei was so human in how he thought about life, the other people around him, and at that age I definitely remember having the same type of horny feelings, heh.

But it was good to see him get past all that and start maturing, too.

ttxdragon
February 11, 2007, 12:16 PM
favorite character, huh?

can't say i really have a favorite.
Of course Kei grew on me too, his normal lazy teenager attitude changing to a still usual teenager who can take risks and tries his hardest for everyone and not only him.

but all in all the "nobody is safe"-style of the series made pretty much everyone special, their own style to get over the dangers, how they handled having to kill aliens.... i can't even say i hate any of the gantzers. not even izumi....
when there are that many unknowns and you got a really fucked up life, i can understand how you grow a tad bit too insane.

even kato as the extremely strong sissy who can take command if need be is such a unique and great character...

heck even the panda was fun XD

so, all in all, i'd say i got no favorite in particular, but kei grew on me a bit because of the long time we've seen him...

Nami
February 12, 2007, 08:46 AM
Actually my favourite character is Kato - his sense of justice in the beginning, stood out as compared to Kei, who seems like such a coward earlier on. And kato used to look upon Kei as a role model when they were young.. It just tickles when you think how the role reverses between them now when it shows how in the beginning of the story - with Kei being frightened by Kato in school sometimes, and later on Kato actually kind of acts as the leader and trying to protect everyone.

Oh yah, there was this moment that Kato was sweating so much when he & Kei first appeared in the Gantz room, he was just trying to stop some 'unpleasant' incident from happening and Kei kind-of freak out then .

Besides, they show this responsible brother side of Kato- trying hard to stay alive in Gantz to return to take care of his younger sibling. And yah, I was majorly disappointed when he was killed! as I expect him to be one of the main characters.

Well, now that he's back, :whoo I expect him to lead the team safely and not make 'silly' mistakes and to bring of course, Kei, back to life again.

Gold Knight
February 14, 2007, 11:44 PM
:hi5 @ Nami

Yeah, Katou rocks for all the reasons you mentioned. But I almost wonder if we're going to see any flaws from him now. He was ALMOST too perfect in the beginning. I'm a bit nervous to see what Oku has in mind for him now.

ForteAnly
March 09, 2007, 11:52 PM
From the guys it would be Izumi because of his badass sword skills. Followed by Kei and Kato. For the women it would be hands down Reika.

vaiobob
March 10, 2007, 12:30 AM
My personal favorite would be Kurono because of his well-written evolution from sociopath to hero followed by Cherry for his Spiderman-esque desire to repent for deaths he was responsible for.
To be honest I hated Izumi at first but really because of his seemingly cliched evil foil to the protagonist role. As he began to evolve however I did find myself more interested in him. After seeing the respect Nishi had for him as the former leader and seeing him give his life to save his girlfriend I still would not rank him as a favorite character but would definately put him as one I am most anxious to see revived.

xi0
March 10, 2007, 02:38 AM
Izumi a protagonist?! I can see how he isn't exactly an antagonist, but I would never consider him one of the good guys.

Hmmm...I suppose I can understand why he could be seen as both because of Gantz's apparent ambiguous comparison of Good and Evil. I think Gantz is very realistic in this manner. There may not actually be truly Good people and truly Evil people, only Good deeds and Evil Deeds.

2ndKurono
March 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
my fav is Kei he looks just like me , from the face , height , eye color and everything , not only that im a jelous , power wanting jerk...but who wants something that noone wants and when u say some u want everyone laughts at you ....Kei is an Insperation for me a guy that i can learn from

Davox
April 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
KAZE that man is a beast he fights some of the hardest bosses with no weapons at all and in the dinosaur mission damn he took on a raptor with no suit and still beat the crap out of it.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 08:32 AM
yeah and Kei with no suite killed the whole army of those raptors.....

Davox
April 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
yeah and Kei with no suite killed the whole army of those raptors.....

Even though Kei is definitely strong, and undoubtedly has the strongest will to survive, in the raw strength category I have Kaze in the lead by a lot.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 03:06 PM
he has the strongest will not to surender and fight to then end and thinking about others before himself,forgot to add this one in,shit i miss Kei in da manga......

oh and yeah Kaze is definantly the strongest one on one with no suite

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 09:11 PM
I like Izumi.

For me, he is the best Gantzer of Tokyo.

I look very much like him, maybe thats why he is my favorite character..

2ndKurono
April 29, 2007, 03:28 AM
wow ur Izumi im Kurono,now only thing missing is da black ball and for us to die on go killing aliens :D whos Katou

Davox
April 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
I'll take Kaze I have a beard, though I don' have anything else in common with him

2ndKurono
May 17, 2007, 12:37 PM
i might have something with Izumi i just love beeing alive and feeling the adrenaline i would definantly die if i could get to the room.shit Gantz land on earth damn it.

correojon
May 18, 2007, 02:55 AM
I like Kurono, he´s become a great character. In the beginning of Gantz I hated him so much, but since the Buddah mission he has matured a lot (they guy really needed to have sex :P).

Katou is another great char, the first Gantz leader and the typical lead character in any other manga: strong, determined and with high ethics. I want to see him loose his head in a mission and go all out, something like what Kurono did in the buddist temple...he´ll surely put up a good show. Hmmm.....maybe against the Osaka team?? XD

Muscle Man is another one of my favourites, his relationship with the little kid is making him more interesting and I really loved when the little boy used Kaze´s back attack in the Osaka mission. The kid couldn´t have felt in better hands, I really hope one day they accidentally find the kid´s parents and Kaze avenges the kid.

Apart from these I also like Reika, the 2 psichycs (sp?) and the vampire leader, he reminds me a lot of K´from KOF...In fact almost all the chars in Gantz are really well done and developed.

2ndKurono
May 18, 2007, 07:48 AM
nah he didnt only need sex he needed suport and love like he got from Tae and all those guys in da jurasic mission.they were all gongratulating him,Reika got in love with him,thats what he needed.cause if hes parents hate him and forget about him,hes brother is lucky and loved bt everyone around and is a vampire.man hes life is hard.now hes dead its even more stres,hope Katou wll bring him back.

correojon
May 18, 2007, 08:42 AM
nah he didnt only need sex he needed suport and love like he got from Tae and all those guys in da jurasic mission.they were all gongratulating him,Reika got in love with him,thats what he needed.cause if hes parents hate him and forget about him,hes brother is lucky and loved bt everyone around and is a vampire.man hes life is hard.now hes dead its even more stres,hope Katou wll bring him back.
Hey I was joking, I know that Kurono´s change wasn´t because he had sex with Sakuraoka before the Buddah mission (though it had some relevance). However his change isn´t only because of the new group supporting him, in fact the new group supports him because he´s changed; they wouldn´t be following the old Kurono as their leader. The real facts that made Kurono change were:
1-His crush for Kishimoto, that made him tired of the real world and made him want to get back to Gantz. Once there, he felt free and went all out (and having sex with Sakuraoka gave him a plus of confidence. Also Sakuraoka was cheering for him all the mission and even gave her life to protect him). This is when he discovered his strength at the begginning of the Buddah mission.
2-Kishimoto´s death
3-Kato´s death
4-Sakuraoka´s death
5-Kurono almost dying in the Buddah mission
2, 3, 4 and 5 affected him tremendously and stopped him from wanting to go to Gantz.
6-Kurono almost dying in his lonely mission
7-The shorty alien following him to the real world and killing his classmates. This didn´t seem to worry much Kurono, but it was the final step towards making his relationship with his girl something real.
6 and 7 made Kurono hit his lowest point in the series...but...
8-His relationship with his girlfriend growing stronger: this made him care for others and want to survive Gantz to return back to her after every mission.
That was it, his relationship with his girlfriend is what had more effect on him.

Reika loving him doesn´t have any importance in Kurono´s development, as Kurono only knows it when he is being transferred out of Gantz and freed from it. By that time Kurono had already become the great leader.

I have to say this again: Gantz´s character development is probably the best I´ve seen in any manga :)

2ndKurono
May 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
agree with u man,but i think that when they will bring Kurono back to life he wont go to Gantz world,to bad.But if something bad happens and Gantz will have to stop some alien who is super strong he would have to bring Kurono back(Izumi to),and that would be cool,hope Katou wont die cause he once didnt fulfill his promise to his brother hope he wont do that again.

correojon
May 18, 2007, 02:41 PM
Maybe Kurono will go back directly to Gantz, he had recovered his memories from the Gantz missions so he could be an exception....anyway, it´s pretty clear that one way or another we´ll have him back :) Hope it´s really soon, we miss him :(

GAT-X252
May 19, 2007, 11:01 AM
Or maybe he dont return.

Would be very interesting if that happens.

2ndKurono
May 21, 2007, 08:32 AM
actualy he wasnt killed by the Gantz team,and he died by the hands of da vampires,and this is stupid actualy why didnt he go to the room again,Izumi did KUrono not,crazy.And he didnt teleport to da memory bank the same way Tae did,oh i remeber we were discusing that aliens cant be revived,but no they cant caue its only a bank where humans are only stored.

to bad that Kurono might not comeback.but this is fcuked up realy.

GAT-X252
May 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
actualy he wasnt killed by the Gantz team,and he died by the hands of da vampires,and this is stupid actualy why didnt he go to the room again

Because he was free, so Gantz dont need to put him in the database if he dies.

yoniekai
May 21, 2007, 10:22 AM
Because he was free, so Gantz dont need to put him in the database if he dies.
but izumi got free, and he died. but he came back again. personally i cant wait to see what happens to kuruno. him and izumi are my faves. the adrenaline rush thing, feeling alive, that feeling is so freaking great

GAT-X252
May 21, 2007, 12:12 PM
but izumi got free

Yes, thats true.

but he came back again

Because Gantz made a deal whit him+he had a black sphere to comunicate whit him, i dont think that Gantz is going to made a deal whit a dead guy.

Hmm, that guy in your avatar is Zeratul right?(so many years waiting for that second part..sniff)

yoniekai
May 21, 2007, 12:40 PM
oh yeah, that makes sense, izumi was like "pending"

yep, zeratul! i cant wait for II either. he looks more badass than before

2ndKurono
May 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
but izumi got free, and he died. but he came back again. personally i cant wait to see what happens to kuruno. him and izumi are my faves. the adrenaline rush thing, feeling alive, that feeling is so freaking great

man u dont know the half of it,man i would definantly go to that room if i had a chance,cause that feeling u have is great its better then going on rides.Cause i actualy only have basketball in my head and anime,maybe i would find a cute girl there and fall in love and that would be cool fo me.

But i actualy dont understand Gantz at all,why didnt he bring Kurono back there,he himself said he doesnt want weaklings any more and he already remebered everything he would come back and who knows what would go on in Osaka right now.

GAT-X252
May 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
Well, that wasnt exactly like that.

He choosed the strongest people who died that afternoon, in that only mission. Because in the Oni Alien mission, he choosed Takeshi...man, im really sure that an old man can be strongest that this little kid.

But well, it can be that since then Gantz is choosing the strongest people avaliable, who knows..

correojon
May 22, 2007, 03:19 AM
But i actualy dont understand Gantz at all,why didnt he bring Kurono back there,he himself said he doesnt want weaklings any more and he already remebered everything he would come back and who knows what would go on in Osaka right now
Kurono earned his 100 points and chose to be free, it is different from Izumi who willingly decided to reenter Gantz. If Gantz decides to bring back Kurono it will be as if he breaks his promise of getting free by earning 100 points, so I guess there´s no other choice but to wait for the Gantzers to revive him. Also, if they revive them something else must happen for Kurono to return to the game, he is no longer a Gantzer and hasn´t asked to go back to the game.

xi0
May 24, 2007, 12:53 AM
There are definite differences in the circumstances in the case of Izumi returning and Kurono possibly returning. The most important thing to remember is that it feeds into the theory that Gantz may indeed be some maniacal force that acts completely random and with no conscience.

2ndKurono
May 24, 2007, 06:08 AM
nah he is just a guy that doesnt give a shit.thats all , he doesnt care if you stay alive or not ,its if u beat the enemy ill heal and u can live on and comeback and so on.

yoniekai
May 24, 2007, 07:17 AM
could be also that the tokyo gantz is the only one apathetic and maniacal. the osaka gantz is different and etc

xi0
May 24, 2007, 11:00 PM
nah he is just a guy that doesnt give a shit.thats all , he doesnt care if you stay alive or not ,its if u beat the enemy ill heal and u can live on and comeback and so on.

That's if "it" is a guy. I know there's a dude inside, but since there is more than one black ball, calling it "him" might be wrong.
[hr]

could be also that the tokyo gantz is the only one apathetic and maniacal. the osaka gantz is different and etc

Now that is a theory! The possibility of each Gantz having it's own personality is amazing yet frightening at the same time.

GAT-X252
May 25, 2007, 12:22 AM
That person is a "human"(Gantz Manual), and he is the one who controls the sistems of the Gantz sphere.

So...maybe there is another person in the Osaka room, or all the Gantz of the world(if there are more tha one) are copies of an original one..

xi0
May 25, 2007, 01:03 AM
I was objecting to him calling the man inside the ball "Gantz", not whether he was a human or not.

2ndKurono
May 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
well when u say personalities may be different then one team might be a good one taht thinks about his team the next one not,yeah it might be amazing.

correojon
May 26, 2007, 08:49 AM
Now that is a theory! The possibility of each Gantz having it's own personality is amazing yet frightening at the same time.

I agree, cool theory there! This opens a lot of possibilites: what if there´s one sadistic Gantz who forces the players to kill each other? Or a traitor Gantz, who teams up with aliens and Vampires? This last one could explain how the vampires knew that the Onis would be the next target and so they were with them waiting for the Gantzers....And a fur loving Gantz who only summons animals? Imagine a squad made of a dog, a panda, a squirrel, a koala and a camel :D

metaloid
May 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
The way gantz is going...its getting lame. Since Kurono died. Anyway my favs are Reika and Kurono. I have a feeling he'll come back. The reason why he's not transported to the room is so he dosent have to be in gantz anymore. Whereas if he's resurrected, he is still considered freed.

Davox
May 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
I can't imagine that the Osaka gantz would be kinder then the tokyo one considering they are a much more sadistic team. And by assuming that the man's personality can affect their actions like handing out points, a nicer gantz would not tolerate some of the Osakans behavior, and they would not have gained that stronger weapon.

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 06:01 AM
my favorite is kurono kei .. from the start i always laugh and laugh because of his crazyness an stupidity... but now i like his killer instincts wahaha.. he got the technique ang guts now...:p

Kozar927
November 16, 2008, 04:53 PM
I always liked cherry

tasuki00
December 24, 2008, 05:55 AM
kurono because his character really changes in such a well thought out way.

Uruner
December 24, 2008, 07:22 AM
Nishi is my favorite character. I understood his thought pattern, and noticed how you guys miss-classify him as a monster. Most of you guys would become him if you had same experiences as him.

El Samurai Guapo
December 25, 2008, 06:02 AM
Katou.

NumeroUno
December 28, 2008, 11:36 AM
I would have to go with Uruner and say Nishi. Kurono used to be.

Mr.Aaron
December 31, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have an emotional attachment to a lot of the characters, which I guess isn't good considering most of them die.

Lesseee~

I would have to say Nishi tho'. The serial killers usually get me, like Kazuo Kiriyama from BR.

warbandit66
January 02, 2009, 09:56 AM
Nishi is my favorite character. I understood his thought pattern, and noticed how you guys miss-classify him as a monster. Most of you guys would become him if you had same experiences as him.

You understood his thought pattern? Are you also a 13 year old with murderous urges who becomes sexually aroused at the thought of killing something? If so I suggest you seek help from a proffesional quickly.

Mr.Aaron
January 02, 2009, 03:20 PM
You understood his thought pattern? Are you also a 13 year old with murderous urges who becomes sexually aroused at the thought of killing something? If so I suggest you seek help from a proffesional quickly.
He said understand, not relate. :tem

warbandit66
January 02, 2009, 06:40 PM
Ah... but how else wouldhe be able to understand?

ryakugo
January 19, 2009, 12:20 PM
my fav has to be gantz himself! he's witty,strict and caring lol. i mean he's not that bad
he live's in a huge ball and has people sticking fingers in his ears give him a break!

Giriel
January 19, 2009, 04:39 PM
It's Kei, because he changed a lot to the better. He turned to a, if not THE, leader, he is a skilled hunter, survived every mission and owned aliens, without having a suit on. (Dinosaurs and the Tanakas)

cassaruby
January 20, 2009, 05:01 PM
Nishi and Katou. Ying and Yang. I dunno, they just make me crack up. I relate more to Katou, but I can't imagine not having Nishi, he's also the best...prolly 'cause he thinks out of the box (and just doesn't care about stuff most people's conscience would make em hesitate on... Nishi's just like "I already did it", no second thoughts about it).

But I think if you give Nishi too many panels in a chapter Oku's gonna make him do something not so good.. but he gives pretty good advice if you know what he's saying.

Amigo!
January 23, 2009, 01:42 AM
it used to be kaze but im starting to lean towards inaba im hoping that he hooks up with reika and becomes a fucking badass.

102jayday
January 24, 2009, 02:36 AM
i use to love kurono (not in a gay way XD) but Hiwika is the best, his awesome plus his hair is cool, he looks cool in a formal suit, he smokes a cig so cool lol and he is always calm. plus his favourite weapon is the sword. oh and icing on the cake he is a vampire and vampires are cool as long as they dont eat u.

Charlie
January 31, 2009, 04:03 PM
I like alot of them, but my favorite is Sei, she was bad-ass in the Buddha mission if only dumb-ass Kurono could of revived her first.

I also like Rekia, she has shown she can fight when needed.

Then there was that sniper guy also.

Lastly Kurono himself ofcourse lol.

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 09:55 PM
My favorite character is teacher. I hope he comes back, he was awesome
with his esp. Kaze is no joke too, he fights just with his hands. He's a mans
man for ya.

102jayday
February 01, 2009, 05:47 AM
yeah but sataka said dont u dare bring me back//

JediKnight
February 02, 2009, 12:08 AM
I know he said that but still, he was cool. Especially how he told cherry
not tell the others to help him, when Izumo was bein attacked by vampires.
I doubt we'll see teacher again:(

Amigo!
February 02, 2009, 04:43 PM
you remember when teacher was like my body is aging cause i use my powers, why didnt gantz fix that when he transferred?...

gantz8213
February 15, 2009, 04:26 PM
I liked Kei at the start of the manga, but towards the end of buddha mission he started to become, more katou like...then came the dino mission and he was katou but kick ass at the same time...then during the fight with the vamps (when he was free) i thought i got my freakin kick ass kei back...then he dies and i was like: 'OMG you f#$%ing vampires he just got back to being awesome and you kill him...'...now his to much into morals and saving people...

So on that note, my new fav is nishi, cuz he hasn't changed..to bad we know very little about him...i also loved the past about him going on a killing spree in his class...i was pissed when i thought that he was going to be murdered just when we started learning about him...

well i hope Kei goes back to awesome by the end of the series and shows the German team whos boss (you know the germans are going to be a uber-bad ass team...) and show them that hundred pointers and shit...

as for nishi, i want to have him to have a flash back revealin his old missions, and i want like 20 chapters just about him...that would be freakin awesome...and i swear if he dies agian, or kei doesn't save him, or someone leaves him for dead then i will be pissed...

JediKnight
February 16, 2009, 06:22 PM
I finally made up my mind Katou is my favorite character. He's a good
leader and friend, and is very strong. I would luv to see Katou interact
with Izumi. I think they're mirror images of each other.

Renan
February 17, 2009, 03:25 PM
At first I liked Katou the best, after the Tanaka alien mission I grew fond of Bishonen Kurono (Hojo), after the Buddha mission Kei Kurono became my favorite character and remains my favorite. Honorable mentions are Sakurai, Akira, and Katou.

El Samurai Guapo
March 04, 2009, 03:00 AM
Masaru Kato is my most favorite character in Gantz! :p

He is very cool when he saved the homeless man from being run down by the train. There are countless times when he really tried to save people.

When he died during the Buddha mission, I almost stopped reading Gantz. However, I kept on reading...hoping that he will be back. I really kept on waiting.

When Kato was revived, that was the most memorable moment in the story (for me, at least).

I do not care much about the other characters. Any other character can die over and over again....but not Kato. I wish, Kato survives until the very end of the series. :D

Yeah I hope so too, but I also want Kei to survive with him. I want them to be the two last men standing as well, up against the final boss of the story (if there is one).

xi0
March 04, 2009, 07:22 PM
I am okay if Kurono survives, as long as Kato survives with him.

To be honest, I do not like Kurono. I do not hate him like I hate Sasuke from Naruto, but it does not mean that I like Kato as a person. :p

While I think Kurono and Katou are good people, they sort of work as a foil to one another as far as heros go. Kurono is sometimes portrayed as less of a genuine person, and is seen as a reckless-type. While Katou is more chivalrous and pacifistic. They each have their fans though.

Personally I find Kurono more interesting because he is the main character after all, and Katou didn't have much development while he was dead :oh

Renan
March 04, 2009, 09:08 PM
You actually hate Kurono? After all his crowning moments of awesome and heartwarming? Wow, I mean Katou is a pretty sick character, but Kurono for life. It's too bad Akira can never come back. :/

JediKnight
March 05, 2009, 10:29 AM
Sakata, Kaze, Sei, and Katou are the best characters in Gantz.

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 10:33 AM
kei is my fav chacter bcuz he kicks ass got a gurl dat he cares bout and have dat ill save me n her only if i have to attiude

xi0
March 05, 2009, 06:50 PM
Kato and Kurono are definitely foil. They complement each other's personality. They are definitely opposites. They are like water and oil. :p

Kato is my most favorite character; Kurono is the worst character in my mind. I want Kato to survive until the very end of the story; I want Kurono to die permanently. I love Kato too much; I hate Kurono too much.

Jesus...why do you have such vitriole for Kurono? He did revive Katou after all (with someone else's points).

I wouldn't say they're like oil and water. I think Nishi and Kurono are oil an water...likewise with Izumi and Katou.

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 06:52 PM
yeah y u hating on the best charcter on the show

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 07:25 PM
the hell wit the hobo y wud he risk his life again savin a got damn hobo lol hell i dnt no y he did it the first time

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 07:49 PM
not sayin dats wrong but y wud he risk his ownself and katuo just a hipercrite

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 07:57 PM
lol u seen he waz about 2 kill his own aunt

xi0
March 05, 2009, 09:07 PM
The Hobo incident was only to illustrate the apathy of people in Oku's eyes. It was to illustrate Kurono's apathy and selfishness at the start of the series...his ignorance. Since then I'd say Kurono has changed dramatically.

Pervert? Who cares? He's not a deviant or anything. I don't see your dislike of Kurono as being really rational Gantz556, I just think you have a thing for virtuous characters...or those who were that way right off the bat, like Katou.

And ace3106, is the l33t sp33k necessary? Try to express yourself a bit normally. It helps to understand eachother when we discuss things. And try to avoid one-line posts unless it's warranted. Thanks.

xi0
March 05, 2009, 10:13 PM
I completely agree with your observations. Hatred is like love. It does not have to be irrational.

Going back on topic...

I really hate Kurono. I am not trying to start a controversy. These are just my personal feelings.

I might have hated Kurono, for the simple fact that Kurono does not die easily. He keeps on going like an Energizer bunny. I celebrated when Host Samurai finally got him.

I admit, Kurono is a better warrior than Kato, but Kato is still my most favorite.

I want to be become like Kato in real-life. He is my role model. :p

Then it's fair to say you dislike Kurono sometimes?...because hating him just doesn't make sense to me, lol :sweat

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 10:20 PM
I completely agree with your observations. Hatred is like love. It does not have to be irrational.

Going back on topic...

I really hate Kurono. I am not trying to start a controversy. These are just my personal feelings.

I might have hated Kurono, for the simple fact that Kurono does not die easily. He keeps on going like an Energizer bunny. I celebrated when Host Samurai finally got him.

I admit, Kurono is a better warrior than Kato, but Kato is still my most favorite.

I want to be become like Kato in real-life. He is my role model. :p

but why would you want katuo as your role model hes good and all but that every1 comein home act can get him beat up are killed hes lucky that the biker chumps was punks lol:amuse

ralvyn
March 12, 2009, 05:54 AM
I seriously hated Kurono before, he's more like a desperate virgin wanting to get his first experience when he was introduced (in the anime). but i kinda liked him like after when kishimoto and katou died, he gradually changed that time. the character development on him surely did a great impact why i like him

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
Kei Kurono is my favorite character of all time. I relate to him, and his development has been a big inspiration for me. I love the characters that have been positive influences on him just by association almost. I don't think I need to explain much more than that since you guys all know how he has progressed over the series.

Gantz566: I don't understand how anyone who loves Katou can hate Kei after he has changed so much. Both are excellent characters.

How the hell can anyone call Katou weak? Clearly they're opinion is biased as can be. He has a lot of willpower and tries very hard to live up to his responsibilities, and he's a good combatant too. There is no logical reason to call him weak at all.

BrazilianGantzer
April 23, 2009, 08:02 AM
I seriously hated Kurono before, he's more like a desperate virgin wanting to get his first experience when he was introduced (in the anime). but i kinda liked him like after when kishimoto and katou died, he gradually changed that time. the character development on him surely did a great impact why i like him

Yes, true. Kurono's character development was definately one of the best one's we have so far. I think he's only rivalled in this sense by Nishi's development.