PDA

View Full Version : Question What is the Purpose of Gantz?

Gold Knight
February 07, 2007, 12:40 PM
This is the most interesting mystery to me in the whole series, and one that I doubt will be explored thoroughly until the end of the whole story. But we might as well talk about it, and put our thoughts out there.

What is GantZ? He looks like a shaved human being connected to a big ball loaded with weaponry and technicks. Could be an alien. He seems to be invulnerable to all attacks. This guy with his machine is apparently able to revive any one person from memory, and keep all their personality traits, etc, though it can wipe out anybody's memory and restore them to regular life when they've "won the game." (However, it's a little imperfect, so might this affect later revivals?)

Is he a top-secret invention of the government designed in order to help the human race defend themselves against alien invasions? Why is it that nobody can see the aliens most of the time, and they aren't reported to be killing people until the Gantz "soldiers" show up and fight them? Is Gantz also similarly making the aliens invisible (until recently)?

Is it just playing an elaborate, mind-bogglingly destructive game? Is it creating the players and the monsters both, acting as a kind of futuristic DM? (Dungeon Master). Is it the final enemy in the end?

(If that's the case, I don't think the vampires we've seen in the series so far would be part of its creations, because they appear to always be around.)

Just some thoughts. What do you think?

xi0
February 07, 2007, 01:56 PM
It may very well be that in the end Gantz is the enemy, and the aliens are just another creation of it. Is each Black Ball operating on it's own, or are they all connected in some way? If it becomes apparent that this is the case, how will the Gantzers fight back? They'll have to find out Gantz's origin, all the while still fighting for their lives in missions. The Vampires are by no means good guys, but maybe their plan to destroy Gantz wasn't so threatening to the Gantzers after all. Maybe the Vampires view the Gantz team members as collaborators in Gantz's plans, and don't realize that they are being forced to fight.

BRIONICMAN
February 08, 2007, 06:53 AM
there still are the international gantz teams.izumi and nishi know something that ties all teams together. the Gantz in germany has a cult following so its probably the central ball. Vampires will be added more and more in the storyline. the final target will the gantz and it will be defeated. But to go along with the sadistic nature of the manga, when people think its all over, another ball will show up repeating the cycle.

Gold Knight
February 10, 2007, 01:48 AM
It may very well be that in the end Gantz is the enemy, and the aliens are just another creation of it. Is each Black Ball operating on it's own, or are they all connected in some way? If it becomes apparent that this is the case, how will the Gantzers fight back? They'll have to find out Gantz's origin, all the while still fighting for their lives in missions. The Vampires are by no means good guys, but maybe their plan to destroy Gantz wasn't so threatening to the Gantzers after all. Maybe the Vampires view the Gantz team members as collaborators in Gantz's plans, and don't realize that they are being forced to fight.

I think that's definitely the case there xi0. I think the Vampires are going to be very surprised by how the Black Ball actually forces these people to fight the aliens, etc., and they're going to end up being allies. I think they were always under the mistaken impression that the GantZers were some kind of vampire hunter group that had been fighting because they wanted to.

Though the vampires definitely are bad guys in the end, too...

there still are the international gantz teams.izumi and nishi know something that ties all teams together. the Gantz in germany has a cult following so its probably the central ball. Vampires will be added more and more in the storyline. the final target will the gantz and it will be defeated. But to go along with the sadistic nature of the manga, when people think its all over, another ball will show up repeating the cycle.

Yeah, that cult following is something that I think will come up later. Must be similar cases happening over there.

Davox
April 24, 2007, 10:10 PM
I for some reason think that Gantz is also an unwilling participant I mean when ever people show up he says "your lives belong to me or that is how it is supposed to work" that is definitely uncertainty. That and for some reason Gantz just doesn't seem real to me that guy in the ball is I think just their like an energy source.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 08:38 AM
i think it might be a ultimate weapon that made by the goverment to protect the world from alliens....

it might be just a stupid game , like a maniac likes to play....

or it might be a guy that gives people second chances , cause people dont like dieing....

he is from one side a bad guy and a good guy,and u know why the weapons dont effect him cause he made them he can teleport them from place to place he inplants bombs into heads , so he can make those guns be efective or not

schleifenbaumj
May 13, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think the whole thing makes no sense and GANTZ was only created for showing us the side of humanity, that we would never have expected.

I think the Manga will end with the Aliens winning against the whole GANTZ-Organisation in a big 50 Chapter Fight with many tragic scenes and so on.

Stupid Newb
May 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
Maybe the buhuddist priest was right, and they all are dead and this is a test to see whether they are worthy of heaven/paradise. Or maybe the Gantz is just as trapped as they are and something else is controlling him in a similar way...

warbandit66
May 18, 2008, 04:33 AM
I think Gantz really is just a sick game and all the aliens have been created by it.

GAT-X252
May 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
A sick game created by God Like Aliens...

Vancyer
May 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
its probably come under discussion before but what if...and this may seem crazy....

the aliens were in an alien version of gantz. and by killing gantzers they won points? like gantz for aliens....that would be very interesting and cool :)

kinda

GAT-X252
May 18, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hmm..IMO they are just Livestock, created with the only purpose to be hunted.

But they can do whatever they want until that moment...:D

Vancyer
May 18, 2008, 08:49 AM
they could play uno :)

but seriously,

i suppose your are right, but it would have been a nice twist. ohh and i think after the osaka mission we will finally get some closire to the whole black ball situation. but does anyone have any more info on that the hell is going on in germany

ohh and sorry for the illedgible typing. its really late and i'm tired.

TheGenius
May 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
I think more of an extinct race of humanoid aliens, out to get revenge on the other species and at the same time protecting Human Beings.

lnjm4
May 25, 2008, 07:19 PM
I Think Gantz (or his race of gantz people) were the creators of life kind of like Gods, and this is them enjoying their power, or maybe to restore some kind of balance

IStillDontKnow
May 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
I can't believe Gantz came to earth because he would do that. I think he was sent by someone (or a organization), like a mission, and the purpose of this mission is cleaning the earth from the aliens, until no alien is left. The aliens are livestock, of course, and they surely came from another world (Some of them can't breathe oxygen O.O). What do they want in this world? Who the fuck knows??? Maybe a new chance to start life (Look at Onion, with his father *_*)
and maybe to start secret empires (Nurarihyon, with right and left arm, and the 1 point slaves), or even maybe to stay in crews (Shorty aliens). There are still the ones that feel more safe hiding (Buddist aliens as statues, Dinos as reptile models in a museum), and last, the ones that looks like humans (Oni aliens), and join the world civilization.

GAT-X252
May 26, 2008, 09:45 AM
Do you really think there is a planet of Aliens with onion heads?

fistsofrage
May 26, 2008, 11:22 AM
I think gantz was created from alien tech found by the government because I don't think that humanity(in the manga) is capable of the kind of feats gantz has been showing us. Basicly I think gantz is a protype form of defense the government was able to come up with based on alien tech that they discovered and they are using people who's lives they consider to have already ended as test subjects for their discoveries. If im right with all the reporters around and people questioning the black balls existence it shouldn't be long before we're able see to the people pulling the strings behind the gantz operation.

TheGenius
May 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
I think we will get a couple of answers from Oka after this mission.

He was created for that purpose, but I hope he dies afterwards, coward.

GAT-X252
May 26, 2008, 04:55 PM
A Brave man would be dead right now, and we don't know if he is coming back or not...and his dead would really suck IMO.

He is the most interesting chapter right now, he may have more info than Nishi...i'm waiting the end of this mission just to see Osaka Team score.

Specially the Funny faces.

fistsofrage
May 27, 2008, 10:28 AM
I think we will get a couple of answers from Oka after this mission.

He was created for that purpose, but I hope he dies afterwards, coward.

I don't think Oka's a coward...he just doesn't like playing hero. He could take nuri on if he wanted but he really doesn't like the idea of risking his life for other people at the moment. I think he realized that nuri was more dangerous than he originally thought and decided that he didn't want to put in the effort necessary to kill him.

Hollow Kurono
May 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
Its easy,Gantz purpose is to protect humanity,there must be a hidden reason why do these aliens keep visiting out planet..but i think its just to protect the planet and he doesnt care how you do it as long as you do it and as long as you keep it a secret or else BOOM!

IStillDontKnow
May 27, 2008, 04:44 PM
Do you really think there is a planet of Aliens with onion heads?
After i saw dreamcatcher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher_%28film%29), my friend, i started to think there are planets of aliens with female-siberian husky-brown left eye-blue right eye-only one ear heads, and pig-panda-armadillo body! lol

Specially the Funny faces.
Funny faces totally rocks! :D

Its easy,Gantz purpose is to protect humanity,there must be a hidden reason why do these aliens keep visiting out planet..but i think its just to protect the planet and he doesnt care how you do it as long as you do it and as long as you keep it a secret or else BOOM!
With a few words you said everything i would read.

TheGenius
May 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
I don't think Oka's a coward...he just doesn't like playing hero. He could take nuri on if he wanted but he really doesn't like the idea of risking his life for other people at the moment. I think he realized that nuri was more dangerous than he originally thought and decided that he didn't want to put in the effort necessary to kill him.

True it was a little too much...It's a very cold way of surviving. He must've seen 100 of Gantzers passing through the game.

kaliayev
May 30, 2008, 08:02 PM
A Brave man would be dead right now

kuwabara was the bravest of them all and he's still alive. until oka rapes nura's nasty, currently decomposing form (eyes and anus are probably the only viable routes left), i will see him as a total failure. i suppose i could accept him if he also pulled something off like george did against the doggy. oh, george, why did you have to go and get your head squeezed off by a pile of interlocking breasts?

GAT-X252
May 30, 2008, 10:29 PM
kuwabara was the bravest of them all and he's still alive.

He was sick. that is not a demostration of valor, that is a demostration of perversion...when he saw Nuri, he didn't saw a 100 pointer, he saw a giant women made of a lot of women.

IMO George is bravest than Kuwabara...

Even if Kato succeded with the Gantz Sword...it would be the same...Nuri can regenerate himself over and over. In the next chapter he is going to regenerate again and gain some really ugly ability and is going to kick Kaze's ass.

kaliayev
May 30, 2008, 11:05 PM
i'm sorry but skull f'ing something that can bite off half your body qualifies as brave, even if it was motivated by perversion. i believe that you are mistaking bravery with courage, since the actions of george and kuwabara could never be classified as courageous. and now, someone will criticize me for caring too much about semantics.

GAT-X252
May 30, 2008, 11:41 PM
i'm sorry but skull f'ing something that can bite off half your body qualifies as brave...

No, no, no...IMO he was not thinking in those things when he f'ked Nuri, he was out of his mind because he is a sex addict doing what an addicts does.

FRANKYHOUSE!!
June 03, 2008, 02:25 AM
bravery is being afraid but still going through with it. A good example is katou approaching nuri laying on the ground when he is scared shitless.
==========================================================================

anyways here's my idea of what gantz is all about:

All the 'aliens' we've seen the hunters fight were all creations of Gantz. This also includes the vampires and every rediculous conception we've seen (Keyword is rediculous, it's insulting to my intelligence that there are aliens living on our planet which happen to represent monsters in popular myth. It's just way too convenient and not very believable). It is likely that the psychics as well as vampires are creations made by Gantz. All the technology we've seen from the hunter side represents the technology of Gantz.

Why does Gantz make dead people play this stupid game?

Well I believe the game is actually a experimental simulation of warfare using the most cutting-edge gantz technology & weaponry. The poor hunters are simply lab rats. The reason why gantz only takes in dead people is because even the Gantz people adhere to a experimental code of ethics. The loophole in the code of ethics is that they are not allowed to experiment of living beings so instead they get around this by copying blueprints (DNA) before people die and reproducing their bodies for the sake of the experiment.

why do i think so?

Though this idea might seem 'out there' to some of you it is evidensed by the very fact that Gantz has NEVER taken in any person that has not been killed. For one reason or the other Gantz can ONLY make hunters from people that died. The reason I implicated a code of ethics for Gantz is because this is a reasonable explanation as to why gantz only seems to copy bodies of dead people. Gantz has shown that he has the technology to copy people, but he NEVER goes after people that are still alive!

The most simple, reasonable explanation is that Gantz does not have the freedom to photocopy bodies from genes of people that are still alive. From this we can deduce that there is a higher power in the hierarchy which gantz adheres to and it all makes sense if Gantz is actually a scientist adhering to a code of ethics.

Though the gantz is advanced in science his/their morality is probably very skewed. Gantz must have some arbitrary definition on what life is considered precious and what isnt. Apparantly a clone's life isn't worth much to Gantz people. In any case, I have strong reason to believe gantz is adhering to a code of ethics for what end Im not exactly certain.

what is Gantz????

Their technology suggest they are NOT people from the present day Earth. That leaves 2 possibilities, humans from the distant future OR aliens with superior technology. Since Gantz assumes a humanoid form the former may seem likely but it's really a toss up. I have to argue against time travelers because from my understanding killing people in osaka and in other parts of japan would disrupt the normal flow of time and create a paradox. Maybe someone can explain to me current theories that apply to these situations. My understanding is that disrupting the past disrupts the future.....so Gantz would cease to exist? I think I'll go with aliens....but it's a toss up at this point, ill need to think about this more another time!

GAT-X252
June 03, 2008, 11:55 AM
Gantz has shown that he has the technology to copy people, but he NEVER goes after people that are still alive!

In fact, it seems he goes after people who are about to die..but sometimes they don't die like Kishimoto...and then it's all f'ked up XD

I don't think is a simulation, IMO is like a game...the "Aliens" like to watch us fight with those strange beings or they just want to mess with us...XD

I think they are too evolved, they should see us just like we see the insects...

FRANKYHOUSE!!
June 04, 2008, 06:23 AM
In fact, it seems he goes after people who are about to die..but sometimes they don't die like Kishimoto...and then it's all f'ked up XD

I don't think is a simulation, IMO is like a game...the "Aliens" like to watch us fight with those strange beings or they just want to mess with us...XD

I think they are too evolved, they should see us just like we see the insects...

if they had such low regard for us and were far superior why dont they simply just conquer?

Why not just implant bombs in anyone's head? Or copy people that are still alive? It's not like the human population is going to go down much anyway.

GAT-X252
June 04, 2008, 10:07 AM
IMO is a game, and we are the players...maybe they just like to watch and have fun, ┬┐why conquer us?

Maybe at the end there is a reward for the top player.

TheGenius
June 05, 2008, 01:40 PM
if they had such low regard for us and were far superior why dont they simply just conquer?

Why not just implant bombs in anyone's head? Or copy people that are still alive? It's not like the human population is going to go down much anyway.

Why would they? They seem to work with limited results and cannot be involved. Kind of like the movie Constantine, where the angels and the demons can only "suggest" stuff. He had to convince Izumi to go on a rampage and bring a lot of people in, but very discreetly.

And my post was deleted? Haha, funny.

georgemarvin
June 06, 2008, 11:33 PM
Nishi said something about an alien invasion and the end of the world, and he repeated it on his website. But he's not exactly known for his truthfulness. Besides, any information he had probably came from Gantz himself. Gantz looks at least as alien as any of the targets. He has weaponry and machines that are as far above our level of technology as we are above a caveman. That means he isn't a government project, he is just too far beyond our abilities. He's probably an alien himself. If he was a time traveller, he would have the death records of people, so he wouldn't accidentally make copies of people who weren't dead. Nishi mentioned one, and mishikoto was another.
The case with Tae showed that there are probably a lot of rules we don't know about; he needed her memory erased, but couldn't do it while she was alive, so he had her killed, stored her in memory, then when Kei used his points to bring her back, he finally managed to erase the memories. I don't know whether he just took pity on Kei, or if he had to store her in the memory because he isn't allowed to kill living humans.
Gantz enjoys the hunts. He plays deadly games with the players' lives, like sending Kei out all by himself to kill dozens of aliens. Or telling Kei he has to get 15 points or die. The timer is another way to provoke the action.
When Gantz gets bored, people die. He sent Izumi to kill hundreds of people just so he could get a few new recruits.
The verdict: Gantz is evil.
The aliens don't really seem evil. They usually say something like "we didn't do anything to you. Why are you killing us", in one form or another, except Nuri. Some of his followers did say "Gibe Back Ou Rand", meaning that Gantz had taken something from them to start the fight. Another group put their hands behind their heads and said "Bleaze Hulp Uz" before they were slaughtered. The big onion alien asked for forgiveness. The little alien that killed Kei's classmates said that Gantz had started it, and he was just seeking vengeance and justice.
The vampires have been targeted by Gantz in the past, but they aren't aliens. Kei's brother became one. They seem to be earthly creatures.
Even Gantz doesn't call Nuri an alien. He's a target, but he could very well have earthly origins.
I don't think the aliens, vampires and other creatures that Gantz targets are as big of a threat as Gantz himself. None of them did anything until they were targeted. The onion alien had a post box with his name on it, the second target bought lots of chocolate every day at the local shop. He attack until Nishi shot one of the little birds. Then he was as mad as a parent whose child had been murdered. Which he apparently was. The third was guarding a temple. They only fought after Gantz sent a team to kill them. On the other hand, Gantz booby-traps people, forces them to fight, makes sadistic rules, blows the heads off anybody who tries to go home, sends people into battle totally unprepared, etc.
At the rate it's going, we'll all die of old age before Oku decides to give us explanations of most of the mysteries. If he ever does, I don't see any way Gantz can be the hero of the story. He is either an accomplice or the master villain.

FRANKYHOUSE!!
June 07, 2008, 01:06 AM
It's safe to say the concensus is that gantz doesnt have much morals when it comes to humans. He treats humans like lab rats or cattle. There is no feeling of finality in the story unless everyone finds out the truth of gantz and goes after gantz himself.

What's interesting to me is that at least kurono is aware the gantz apartment is and he's actually located it by himself. He needs to somehow remove the bomb from his head and bomb that apartment or something. This could be done by freeing yourself from the game and keeping a written diary to tell yourself about gantz and to destory him. Sad thing is...even then there might be other gantz balls in different areas too....I think there are anyways.

TheGenius
June 07, 2008, 01:28 AM
Interesting GM, I like the time traverler theory.

But Nishi said that the Aliens were in a war on earth, and they invaded a Earth slowly. Which could link these mythical figures to the current aliens. Maybe Gantz is indeed a time traveler, trying to prevent a uproar, a planned attack or a great surge in the alien population. For all I know, true, his method are quite radical and on the verge of being completely humanless. But it is still a chance for people(minus Kishimoto) that were suppose to die, to have another chance at living. Which is quite valuable and also is a fair trade.

Could you post your thoughts of an ending here?

maraxusofk
July 05, 2008, 01:59 AM
Though this idea might seem 'out there' to some of you it is evidensed by the very fact that Gantz has NEVER taken in any person that has not been killed. For one reason or the other Gantz can ONLY make hunters from people that died. The reason I implicated a code of ethics for Gantz is because this is a reasonable explanation as to why gantz only seems to copy bodies of dead people. Gantz has shown that he has the technology to copy people, but he NEVER goes after people that are still alive!

Though the gantz is advanced in science his/their morality is probably very skewed. Gantz must have some arbitrary definition on what life is considered precious and what isnt. Apparantly a clone's life isn't worth much to Gantz people. In any case, I have strong reason to believe gantz is adhering to a code of ethics for what end Im not exactly certain.

i dont think forcing the gantz team to hunt a living person (tea) that is close to one of the team members no less is exactly moral. hell that would make gantz a hypocrite because although he doesnt take in living people, he forces people to hunt OTHER living people.

FRANKYHOUSE!!
July 06, 2008, 05:17 PM
i dont think forcing the gantz team to hunt a living person (tea) that is close to one of the team members no less is exactly moral. hell that would make gantz a hypocrite because although he doesnt take in living people, he forces people to hunt OTHER living people.

i think tae might really be a creation of gantz, just like kurono (this is a speculative plot twist). Kurono is 'special', so are the people around him (tae, akira)

BigCamaro
July 06, 2008, 05:54 PM
When Izumi killed all those people he said Gantz was looking for some stronger people to add. or did Gantz himself display that? at any rate it wasn't everybody Izumi killed. and some were old, some were schoolgirls. So it wasn't all the most fit. Yet Izumi, Kaze, the psychics, and the 4 black americans all went automatically. It can't be a coincidence that they went to the black ball room as they all are rarity's in Shibuya and had to be among the most powerful/fit of those killed. Maybe there was a cap on how many he could take.

Other's who are taken it seems there death time just has to coincide with the mission fairly closely (the baby). He seems to take a lot of large breasted women (Reika, Kishimoto, Sei), Those killed together in groups (families, Kei and Katou, the psychics, the black americans, Pretty boy and Sadako). And he liked to have a pet though we don't know what killed them (dog, panda). Of course Oku just liked to diversify his manga with these characters. Why wasnt Kei taken the second when he died right before the mission? Izumi was. I think in the previous mission Gantz was really damaged which is why they're all visible. Maybe they're being moved over to the Osaka ball permenantly, and he couldnt take on any new people (except HS and Girl vamp who broke in). Then again he was still good enough to wish those back from the dead.

Hellas Spectrum
July 15, 2008, 05:46 AM
When Izumi killed all those people he said Gantz was looking for some stronger people to add. or did Gantz himself display that? at any rate it wasn't everybody Izumi killed. and some were old, some were schoolgirls. So it wasn't all the most fit. Yet Izumi, Kaze, the psychics, and the 4 black americans all went automatically. It can't be a coincidence that they went to the black ball room as they all are rarity's in Shibuya and had to be among the most powerful/fit of those killed. Maybe there was a cap on how many he could take.

yea gantz himself said that as izumi showed kurono a small black ball with the message.

maybe gantz was getting a team ready for the upcoming Nurarihyon mission or maybe gantz was tired of watching a one man Kurono team and decided to contact an old tokyo member to get recruits.

the most people gathered in a room was like 12-13 i believe...i could be wrong though.

dynatious
July 21, 2008, 05:44 PM
It seems obvious to me that GANTZ is "summoning" these aliens to earth for the sake of mankind. If this manga is taking place in modern times, the world is currently in a state of impending crisis, whether it's natural or manmade destruction, the world is most likely nearing its end. GANTZ is bringing/creating these aliens on earth in hopes of bringing the human race together, by giving it a common enemy.

At the beginning of the manga, in the first mission, we saw how the people involved were divided by their beliefs (the people following the priest guy and the others) and we know that it resulted in the loss of life. The GANTZ'ers teamwork has been advancing throughout the manga as the opponents get tougher and tougher. GANTZ even gives us a reminder of how important teamwork is in the most recent mission. Oka the "strongest human" was indeed strong, but he lacked in one department; teamwork. That is why Nuri sought him out after their fight and killed him.

that's all for now, i will return with more thoughts tomorrow.

putopooche
November 15, 2008, 12:57 AM
im believing that gantz is an advance technology from the past.. like our true history.. our past is full of mystery.. so i think the the old past human's created gantz.. they create gantz to annihiliate the allien's.. I guess alliens are also made by old past humans to experiment god like powers and to make them immortal .. And they failed.. so they create gantz to exterminate alien.. i also have a guess about those vampire's but i wont put it here .. :tem

cassaruby
March 05, 2009, 12:17 PM
theory:

Something is trying to wipe out humanity because humans are selfish and dangerous. Like possibly it's humanities time to go because another thinking/speaking creature (alien) does not like us. It's kind of a mad scientist concept; something is turning humanity on top of itself.

This current mission uses humans own creations and expressions of art to wipe them out. That's a slap in the face. It makes sense catastrophe would be nuclear weapons because they are mankinds most powerful creation. I think catastrophe would involve something else, but if mankind uses nukes on itself the mad scientist (whatever it is) would be quite successful.

Now gantz is mankinds only hope to stop this. Kurono is the perfect being to play his part and do something about it, he's ready... and he has Katou & Nishi who will help. Katou and Nishi are opposites, but still useful.

The only problem is no one has control except for the mad scientist puppeteer, pulling all the strings so far. After catastrophe the culprit(s) might be exposed and humanity might have a chance for control. After the problem is taken care of people might think in a more positive less destructive manner. Throughout history we've gone from controlling and warring, to smarter yet more peaceful people stepping up for control. So, Gantz is forcing a change and giving a chance.

Possibilities who might be the puppeteer/mad scientist:
humans
aliens
vampires
god (or something very powerful like Nuri's great grandfather)

ace3106
March 05, 2009, 12:25 PM
u realy think the sick bastard gantz wants peace it is a nice theroy though lol gantz lol smiled wen the fag nd the gurl died on the gantz esp on dvd

cassaruby
March 05, 2009, 12:41 PM
not saying this is a mastermind exactly. it could be natural that something tries to wipe out humans, infact probability is something will (based on history of the Earth).

Armigidion would be sweet, but too biblish, which wouldn't be all that bad. But I hope Oku makes his own ending and doesn't use religion.

woohoo 100 posts.

ace3106
March 06, 2009, 08:47 AM
i think the purpose of gantz is to give people a second chances to live also to kill off the ailen but i wonder y gantz wont let them keep there menmories

digitaldude
March 06, 2009, 10:22 AM
It`s probably so that they won`t tell anyone about gantz and to discourage them from leaving let`s say you spent 1 year in gantz and got 100 points you would probably stay, think about it.

I think gantz is for entertainment purpose where aliens bet on which gantzer stays alive or dies in a mission.

ace3106
March 06, 2009, 10:55 AM
It`s probably so that they won`t tell anyone about gantz and to discourage them from leaving let`s say you spent 1 year in gantz and got 100 points you would probably stay, think about it.

I think gantz is for entertainment purpose where aliens bet on which gantzer stays alive or dies in a mission.

lol i guess your right if i was there i probely wouldnt want 2 leave but why do they want to leave so bad i understand katuo reason but not the others

roxas_strife2
April 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
I think Gantz's purpose is to protect humans from extinction due to being killed by alien invaders. Although, the aliens haven't exactly been clear in what the big idea is for them and have been inconsistent. Gantz has, just not in a very direct method. The secrecy makes sense considering Gantz is being manufactured and distributed from a country that is supposed to have limited military resources, and just to make sure that there isn't total chaos from people finding out of course.

I think he uses people who have died because it gives them a second chance at life in exchange for their services. A lot of the boundaries and rules are there for the goal of offing aliens. All the psychology Gantz uses complements this idea too.

There really isn't anything that conflicts with this idea.

BrazilianGantzer
April 24, 2009, 08:35 AM
@roxas_strife2 - Well, if the Gantzers are there as a service to Gantz and, by extension, to humanity, why would Gantz not tell them (or force them) to wear the suits, explain what the hell is going on, or give them the better equipments straight up?

It seems more like Gantz is making a sick little game with them, whilst he is ridding the world of aliens.

cassaruby
April 24, 2009, 10:46 AM
There is a high learning curve initially.
First your mind is blown, the newbies have to accept their reality.
Then they find out it's a losing game and probably their death bed.
Finally, it's a test to see what humanities capable of.

If it were defending/doing a specific job, the clues don't point to it being the most effective method.

So I'd guess it's the test of humans.
Why are they being tested?

I think the aliens think humans are alot of trouble, and they need to earn their planet before they tear their own home apart.

Possibly, right now, the aliens being transfered to Earth, by Gantz, are also troublemaker aliens who failed their Gantz test and are the last remains of their planet. Some of the aliens already on the planet know what's going on and are taking advantage of Earth or are a different aspect of the test.

Aeth
May 09, 2009, 10:47 AM
It might sound like a silly idea and someone else might have already had this theory, but after the awakening of the man inside the ball I had an idea about Gantz.

What if everything that the people do do in Gantz gets fed to that man, eg. the experience in killing certain aliens, via the suit that they wear. Maybe these guys are the final super soldiers who will fight against the aliens or whatever in Katastrophe?

Gantz screwing up recently might be something to do with the man becoming more and more conscious inside the ball? Like for some reason, the more conscious they are, the less energy/concentration he has to run Gantz?

Obviously I could have completely missed something which means that this idea would be invalid, but thought I'd share it anyway :p

EDIT: after reading another post, the microchips in the brain could be used to detect various impulses during the missions, which may be used as "experience" again?