PDA

View Full Version : Hangout The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

Miso
March 01, 2006, 05:18 PM
:amuse Ok, this deals with sport, as the topic title already says.

What's your favourite sport? To do yourself? To watch?
What do you like about this sport?
Which sports do you hate?
Which is the funniest sport?

----

Me likey Taekwondo to do myself as well as Volleyball and Basketball.
Taekwondo is interesting because you work out your whole body and learn your own strength.
Volleyball and Basketball are dynamic team sports which are fun to play.
(However, atm I don't do any sports actively :p.)

What I really hate do practice is gymnastics - I totally suck at it.... :notrust

Now, your turn!

walkie
March 01, 2006, 06:53 PM
my favoruti sport is football (soccer)...but i havent played football myself for almost 10 years?!?!?

i play voleyball very much for last couple of years and like it...
and i like to watch tennis games

especially avoid watching boxing  (seems very barbarian to me, a sport should not depend on crushing someones face)

Galth
March 01, 2006, 09:43 PM
Boxing isn't about the damage you do, but the training on your defense/reflexes and resistance etc. It's mostly a defense-focused sport.

My favourite sport would me Badminton i guess... Or squash, where you almost don't need to think, just let your speed and reflexes do the work... ( and i have plenty of those ;) )... Otherwise i like Running itself...

The funniest sport :eyeroll would have been invented by two bored roomservice cleaner persons, who after cleaning the floor with their brooms, decided to do some wacko game with a piece of trash they had to make land in a ring on the ground by only using their brooms on the floor to alter it's speed :D curling!

rykarreolacr
March 01, 2006, 11:36 PM
I love football (soccer)!!!!!
I've played it all my life, and I also like to watch it on TV.
My favorite team is Inter.

Football it's such a great sport!!!!! :smile-big

I've been on football teams all my life, and right now I'm playing in an indoor football team whith my dad and my brother.

Sports I hate:
American football (sorry all americans :p)
It's a sport you enjoy only if you drink 10 beers...

Baseball (sorry americans again)
I also hate it, you could drink a cup of coffe while playing it.

Gold Knight
March 05, 2006, 06:18 AM
FOOTBALL! ( Eyeshield 21 type )

I played it and practically watch every college football and NFL game that comes on TV.

And I used to hate football (soccer) btw, rykar, until I started reading Whistle! the manga and started understanding the game more in depth. I think you probably have to understand American football strategies to like that game too.

rykarreolacr
March 05, 2006, 06:48 AM
And I used to hate football (soccer) btw, rykar, until I started reading Whistle! the manga and started understanding the game more in depth. I think you probably have to understand American football strategies to like that game too.

Maybe you're right GK and it's just me who doesn't understand american football... ;)
I've never read Whistle!, but I really love Captain Tsubasa!!!!!!!!! :smile-big
In fact I've participated (and still am) in a couple of scanlations of Captain Tsubasa in spanish. :smile-big
I love Captain Tsubasa, but I'm sure you wouldn't like it much, just as I don't like Eyeshield 21.
You really need to love football (soccer) to love such manga as CT, that's why it's a big hit in Europe (especially Italy, Spain and France) and Latin America, and that's also why it's not licensed in USA... :darn

Gold Knight
March 05, 2006, 07:47 AM
Actually, I'm not all that sure Eyeshield 21 represents football well (it uses a LOT of jock stereotypes that doesn't really exist anymore in today's world) but oh well, whatever. ;) But I'd put Whistle! over Eyeshield 21 as a manga that sells its sport (and story) much better.

Still, Eyeshield 21 seems to have made American football fans out of people in other countries. So it's done the job to an extent I guess.

I've heard of Captain Tsubasa though and I actually may give it a try sometimes, but for now I'll stick with Whistle! ;)

JanneK
April 10, 2006, 10:43 AM
I love playing floorball and badminton with my friends! :smile-big

The only sport I can stand watching is Hockey, and that's just when Finland plays against someone.

I´m thinking about learning Tennis, since it seems fun! ( That's right, I´ve read prince of tennis! SO SUE ME! )

Gold Knight
April 10, 2006, 12:35 PM
LoL, we have a PoT forum, Jannek :D

JanneK
April 10, 2006, 12:50 PM
LoL, we have a PoT forum, Jannek :D
Yay! You´ll be seeing me there soon!

destinator
April 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
Hm I like skating (board/inline) doesn't really matter as long as it brings fun but sadly i haven't practiced it for quite a long time now and and bastketball rocks too :)

Well and I am interested in all kinds of asian/japanese arts of fighting.

Sport I dont like? Hm especially soccer ( on tv = super boring) playing is ok :)

JanneK
April 10, 2006, 06:33 PM
I also like skating with my inlines, and snowboarding too! Can't wait until summer so I can skate everyday :amuse

Bibichan
April 11, 2006, 10:41 AM
I love soccer; playing an watching. My favourite team would be Borussia Dortmund. I'm not active in a team or something, but I play with my brother and his best friend every now and then. I'm only good at keeping though. :sweat

What I do actively is Ninjutsu. You learn a lot about your body and what you can do with it.

I despise gmynastics and I suck at athletics (except throwing).

Rampages
April 12, 2006, 06:02 PM
Anyone gonna watch soccer this summer ?

JanneK
April 12, 2006, 06:19 PM
Anyone gonna watch soccer this summer ?

Nope, I hate soccer, no offense! It´s just so boring. People running to get to the ball, and when they get it, they kick it away just to start the chase all over again! :o Again, no offense, I also like silly things!

Rampages
April 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
Nope, I hate soccer, no offense! It´s just so boring. People running to get to the ball, and when they get it, they kick it away just to start the chase all over again! :o Again, no offense, I also like silly things!

Hehe, I absolutely agree with you, believe it or not. I've never really been able to watch an entire game of soccer. But the sport is great, I play all the time. When my friends start talking about players and games I just get confused, tough, lol. That's why I kind of want to learn more about soccer; to hold an interesting conversation. I hate to be the guy that just stands there and pretends he understands what the others are talking about :p

And hockey is the only sport I watch too! It's fast and furious XD

Go habs!

The only sport that I really hate watching is baseball, sowwy all you baseball fans :(

JanneK
April 13, 2006, 06:03 AM
And hockey is the only sport I watch too! It's fast and furious XD

Go Finland!

I cannot describe in words how much I agree with you.

Miso
April 13, 2006, 08:35 AM
I also don't like to watch soccer either. It's incredibly boring to sit in front of your TV and see the players running around....I like Basketball better to watch (and to play).

Rampages
April 13, 2006, 01:40 PM
lollll

how dare you quote me saying "Go Finland" ? :p

Remove that right away!

Gold Knight
April 13, 2006, 03:10 PM
I don't enjoy watching basketball all that much either - it's one of these sports I would probably enjoy playing more than watching, just like soccer.

Now, American football on the other hand... *heaven* :amuse

I enjoy hockey too.

karasu
April 15, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hi guys...
I like soccer so much...
I like arsenal and liverpool.. rooting them to gain their place (liverpool 2nd, arsenal 4th) in premier league..
expecting so much out of this year's world cup..
rooting for Japan and Brazil..
go! beat Australia!

and i played softball back in singapore, don't really like it.. i prefer baseball though..

and footies.. urgh.. footies in australia (both NFL and Aussie Rule) are just excuses to drink beer... man, no one was sober when they left the stadium..then the drunks started fighting in the city, bus, pubs, etc... don't have anything against the sport though...very physical but i don't really see much technique.. but i do like eyeshield 21 though :D

the reason i liked soccer because it's beautiful and consists of all sorts of quality.. physical, technical, and strategical...

basketball..humm..used to like it but gets boring nowadays.. don't pay much attention to it anymore...

i played tennis when i was 6-11...
haha.. you know when you're a kid, you have to hit with all your power to get to the other side...
so i stopped playing for 10 years already now... and just yesterday my GF's dad asked me to play with him...
my god... i hit the ball with no power at all... it was a homerun...

*MANGA*
Uhm, about soccer mangas...i have lots of them... Captain Tsubasa, Whistle, Our field of dream, Striker, Offside, Shoot! (all sagas), Fantasista, Monaco no Sorae, (one women soccer manga which i forgot the title..Bean? i think...)
i can say the best one out of all those are Fantasista.... realistic, technical, and strategical... very recommended! too bad no one's doing the scanlation.. (i do have the paper copy from the start till the end 1-25, really2 wanna start a scanlation project, but time and resources don't allow me to..)

Miso
April 17, 2006, 08:18 AM
*MANGA*
Uhm, about soccer mangas...i have lots of them... Captain Tsubasa, Whistle, Our field of dream, Striker, Offside, Shoot! (all sagas), Fantasista, Monaco no Sorae, (one women soccer manga which i forgot the title..Bean? i think...)
i can say the best one out of all those are Fantasista.... realistic, technical, and strategical... very recommended! too bad no one's doing the scanlation.. (i do have the paper copy from the start till the end 1-25, really2 wanna start a scanlation project, but time and resources don't allow me to..)

There is a thread about this: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1393.0
You may want to take a look.

KTFS
April 17, 2006, 02:27 PM
FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!(american) play it & watch :) GK your a man after my own heart.
Snowbording but I can only do that in the winter. :( But the upside is I can skate in the summer

JanneK
April 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
Snowbording but I can only do that in the winter.

Snowboarding is so much fun! Can you do any certain trix? :)

KTFS
April 18, 2006, 09:00 AM
Snowboarding is so much fun! Can you do any certain trix? :)

Yesir indy grab (first trick I ever learned),ollies,backside 180,360 it took me forever to do(i've tried a 720 about 10 times and made it once. It hurt the 9 times i missed) the funny part is I can do a haaken flip not perfect but I can do it.  Anyway so how about you ? Do you board if so what trix do you do? :tem

JanneK
April 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yes, I do board, and I LOVE IT. :)

I can do ollies, 360, rail and from there 180/360 (though I usually fail :P) , and a simple grab. Then there's 1 more but I dont know if they have any specific names ;___;

Next time I´ll go boarding I´ll try to do some trix at the half-pipe, If I dont chicken out like last time :oh

KTFS
April 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
boarding is the sport of the brave I alway say and your are. All that really happens is you fall but get right back up. And when you do the trix right you feel like your on cloud 9. Man i wish it snow now I wanna go boarding...

dEr HüHnChEnBeScHwÖrEr
April 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
I like to do Ninjutsu a kind of martial art (like bibichan...we have training in the same dojo :)) and I'm general interested in martial art.
Also I do Batminton :)

I like to do all kind of sport...maybe volleyball is the sport I don't like so much xD

Rampages
April 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
I prefer tennis over badminton, it's much more challenging, IMO!

Bibichan
April 30, 2006, 01:55 PM
I prefer tennis over badminton, it's much more challenging, IMO!

Actually, it's a researched fact that badminton is more exhausting than tennis.
badminton > squash > tennis
But it's probably subjective as well. :) I prefer squash.

Rampages
April 30, 2006, 05:34 PM
Actually, it's a researched fact that badminton is more exhausting than tennis.
badminton > squash > tennis
But it's probably subjective as well. :) I prefer squash.

I didn't say it was more tiring, I said it was a harder sport to play. I used to play badminton at school all the time, trust me, I know. It's much harder to be good at tennis than badminton.

JanneK
May 02, 2006, 02:06 PM
It's much harder to be good at tennis than badminton.

Amen! I just started playing tennis, took my first lesson a few days ago and boy was it hard XD I like to consider myself good at badminton, since I´ve played it for over 5 years before, and the difference in skill you need is HUGE!

Rampages
May 02, 2006, 05:49 PM
Amen! I just started playing tennis, took my first lesson a few days ago and boy was it hard XD I like to consider myself good at badminton, since I´ve played it for over 5 years before, and the difference in skill you need is HUGE!

I know! I thought I wouldn't suck so much at tennis since I was already pretty good at badminton but it was completely different than what I had expected. :darn

JanneK
May 03, 2006, 04:25 AM
Well, how long have you been playing now, and was it difficult to learn the basics?
And what racquet(s) do you use? :)

CheckMate
May 06, 2006, 07:43 AM
I like Football/soccer very much.. and I love to play it too.
My fave teams are bayern munich, milan AC, and Juventus.

I like chess but only if i am involved in the game (wel u know, ppl normally dont watch chess match, dont they?

The sport I dont play but i like is basketball (NBA only), and tennis.

Sport I dont like: cricket (boring, isnt it?, and what's that btw?)

Obito
May 09, 2006, 06:26 PM
What sports you like tends to reflect on where you live, for instance in Europe soccer/football is a very popular sport however basketball and baseball, and american football aren't as popular contrary to the United States.
I like all those sports though and reading manga about them just makes even better. My favourites include Basketball, Soccer and tennis + a whole lot of others.

CheckMate
May 17, 2006, 01:04 PM
hey, hey how about something starts on June 9th this year :p

rykarreolacr
May 17, 2006, 04:02 PM
hey, hey how about something starts on June 9th this year  :p

I hope Italy wins it!!!!

Tanuki-dono
June 03, 2006, 11:38 PM
OH, man. There's a reason I stayed away from this topic... I'm going to have to hold back or I'll get too long-winded!

I love sports. They can be good for the mind and the body, if you remove abusive coaches from the mix.

I don't play so many sports anymore, but my favorites to play were softball, volleyball, and soccer.

In softball, I played shortstop and defense was my favorite thing to do, though batting was awesome despite getting my thumb shattered twice and having girls purposely be given the sign to throw at my face. The problem with batting is that when you hit well, not everyone is a good sport about it. And giving the sign to hit a girl with a pitch ("Pitch at her") is very unsportsmanlike. I was a very good softball player - good enough to play collegiately, but I didn't. :p I say this with some reservation, but I was a heck of an infielder. That's just how it was.

Volleyball is tons of fun to play. I was a setter. I was a pretty good volleyball skills player - couldn't spike though. Too short and couldn't jump. I had a killer serve that is called a "floater" - like a knuckle-ball the moves. XD So much fun! I was a good setter at least, though. My passers sucked. They gave me passes far away, super high and spinning like crazy. Still, it's such a fun sport to play, especially the digs and the saves.

Soccer was something I played up till high school - then I picked volleyball. Oh, it was so awesome though. If our school team hadn't been so green, I might have played there. I could dribble well and I played forward, or whatever else you might call that. I had one other friend who was an awesome forward. She could shoot really well. So, I dribbled through all the traffic and she usually shot. Therefore, I wound up usually getting more assists than actual goals. And I always got stuck doign throw-ins and corner kicks for some reason, though I'm not sure why. My big sister was the goalie back then and let me tell you - she was wonderful! She must have had a natural talent for that sort of thing (she was also the catcher in softball and she threw tons of people out to me at 2nd!) - because she could *punt* that ball upfield! Man! And I'd been waay upfield waiting, cause I was the one who knew she could do it. When she punted, it was usually when I scored goals - me vs. goalie. Wow - I didnt' realize how much I missed it. For those of you who find it boring to watch, let me tell you - it's an absolute blast to play!

I did play basketball, but I wasn't very great at it. :p I had more fun rebounding and catching the ball when people tried to slam it off my legs out-of bounds (their faces when I caught it at my ankles - so very funny!) than I did actually playing. At one point, I shot pretty well, but I wasn't too interested and found it boring to play, so I lost interest and kind of lagged at practicing. Basketball is too repetitive to me. Dribble back and forth. Shoot. Dribble back and forth. Pass. Shoot. Some people live for that, but it's not in my blood.

A sport I wish I'd played > Competitive Swimming! Fun!

Now, I like to actually watch Baseball and Softball. Don't ask me why, I just love it. I hate watching basketball. Everybody "carries" instead of dribbling nowadays and it just seems less about skill now! Those guys are so tall, I think the goal should be raised. Soccer is all right to watch, but I don't watch a lot of it. Now, a sport I adore watching is TENNIS. So very awesome - all those shots and running back and forth. Must take some super skills to play tennis! Ooo! And though I don't have the initmate understanding of football (American not soccer) as far as the more specific ruls and plays go, I ADORE watching it. It's very exciting. I watched a lot of college football this last fall.

karasu
June 04, 2006, 10:59 AM
ooh softball.. was it a mixed?
i played softball back in singapore..but it was all guys..
our school was a famous one for softball..
i played 2 matches and won during the southern singapore preliminary..
one was a close one, and they called me the lucky batter..
coz i was a newbie.. very2 nervous in the batter box and i never noticed the coach's sign..
even when i noticed it.. i forgot what the sign meant..
runner at 3rd, 1 out, and score is 3-3... i suppose he wanted me to bunt i think.. but i couldn't think at all..
but yeah..i hit.. the ball lobbed a little bit above the pitcher's hand, he can't reach it, and the ball dropped between him and the 2nd base..
i ran to first.. runner ran home.. they threw at home.. but too late, he was safe..i had enough time to 2nd base..
and after 2 blunder pitch (he was shocked..).. i ran home :D we won by 2 points
corz the coach was mad... it was a real lucky shot...

i had my wrist injured in the 2nd match... we were winning by 35 points or so... they stopped the match just after 6 innings... coz they can't stop us at all (no out, first and 2nd pitcher too tired, no other pitcher left.. they put someone who can't pitch as pitcher then.. ) and the sun is setting.. they gave up.. but yeah.. i was over excited after scoring 1 points.. (i got 2 batting turns in one inning :D) and injured my wrist when i bat :(

we lost at the national finals.. i didn't play during the finals due to that injury..

Galth
June 04, 2006, 09:14 PM
THREE GUESSES WHICH COUNTRY JUST WON THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP FOR SOCCER UNDER 21!!

Yes, right on the first guess, it was THE NETHERLANDS!! ^^

... you saw it on tv? oh, yeah... unfair guess then.

Only a minor thing, the "under 21", but still... now for that World Cup!!

Verena
June 04, 2006, 10:50 PM
Never liked Football...
Gotta love Rugby, such a fun sport to watch!
Cricket is better to play than to watch, unfortunately.
In school, we're forced to play Badminton (err) Netball (errrreerrr) HRE(Health related exercise =3) Althletics (=3) Dance (>.<) and Gymnastics (>.<)
Why can't we do something useful, like a matial art? Tut-tut.

Tanuki-dono
June 05, 2006, 09:36 PM
ooh softball.. was it a mixed?
i played softball back in singapore..but it was all guys..
our school was a famous one for softball..
i played 2 matches and won during the southern singapore preliminary..
one was a close one, and they called me the lucky batter..
coz i was a newbie.. very2 nervous in the batter box and i never noticed the coach's sign..
even when i noticed it.. i forgot what the sign meant..
runner at 3rd, 1 out, and score is 3-3... i suppose he wanted me to bunt i think.. but i couldn't think at all..
but yeah..i hit.. the ball lobbed a little bit above the pitcher's hand, he can't reach it, and the ball dropped between him and the 2nd base..
i ran to first.. runner ran home.. they threw at home.. but too late, he was safe..i had enough time to 2nd base..
and after 2 blunder pitch (he was shocked..).. i ran home :D we won by 2 points
corz the coach was mad... it was a real lucky shot...

i had my wrist injured in the 2nd match... we were winning by 35 points or so... they stopped the match just after 6 innings... coz they can't stop us at all (no out, first and 2nd pitcher too tired, no other pitcher left.. they put someone who can't pitch as pitcher then.. ) and the sun is setting.. they gave up.. but yeah.. i was over excited after scoring 1 points.. (i got 2 batting turns in one inning :D) and injured my wrist when i bat :(

we lost at the national finals.. i didn't play during the finals due to that injury..

Wow - sounds exciting! (I didn't play mixed, nope. I played fastpitch all-girls high school ball. I'm considering playing mixed elsewhere, though. They have it available in some places... I miss it so much that I might join a league or something.)

Hehee... Your experience in the batter's box is something I can related to. Signs can be an annoying thing to contend with, especially when the pressure's on. My freshman year, we had an insane coach that liked to change the sign every inning, and during the inning, they changed according to how many outs we had. He was paranoid and often looked like he was dancing rather than giving signs. But he was mentally insane in the end (I'm not kidding) and he got fired, so the years after...I didn't have to deal with it.

You lucky, batter you. A win by 2 points is an adrenaline win - how high was the tension during that last inning? Heh, yeah, the coach probably wanted a bunt, but what you gave worked just as well. :thumbs Almost like a slap or something, then, haha! That's really fun,though. I bet it's a great memory to have! And the 2nd match - dang! You guys were winning by <i>how</i> many points? 35?! Man, you whooped up on the other team for sure. :p

Injuries stink, don't they? <s>Gods, I know about that feeling...</s> Maybe you could have helped your team out if your wrist had cooperated! :)

The Boff
June 05, 2006, 09:44 PM
if you remove abusive coaches from the mix.

hey now! sometimes you have to be a little abusive. trust me, ive coached 2 rugby teams (one dudes and one dudettes) and sometimes
you have to be a hardass... i dont like doing it but sometimes you gotta.

Tanuki-dono
June 05, 2006, 10:17 PM
hey now! sometimes you have to be a little abusive. trust me, ive coached 2 rugby teams (one dudes and one dudettes) and sometimes
you have to be a hardass... i dont like doing it but sometimes you gotta.

There's a difference between a "little" abusive and "a lot" abusive, which is what I went through. :) I agree that you have to stay on people in order to bring out their full potential. But I like consistent strictness.... I hate it when I feel like I'm walking on eggshells, and the rules can twist, bed, and change at any given moment. The coach I'm referring to was mentall unstable. Of that I'm sure. He rocked back and forth when he was upset, he was a bit...er...sexual towards the players, etc, etc.... :scry

The Boff
June 05, 2006, 10:34 PM
There's a difference between a "little" abusive and "a lot" abusive, which is what I went through. :)
he was a bit...er...sexual towards the players, etc, etc.... :scry

yeah i probably fall under the "sometimes abusive" category.
WHOA??? holy shit.. just kick him in the nuts! HARD!

Tanuki-dono
June 05, 2006, 11:10 PM
yeah i probably fall under the "sometimes abusive" category.
WHOA??? holy shit.. just kick him in the nuts! HARD!

Alas. If I were the same confident girl then that I am now, I would have done much more than that. For starters, I would have gone up in the pyramid of authority when he banned us from drinking water during conditioning. (That's actually really dangerous!) But it's hard to explain...all of us were timid and caught in this...psychologically disturbing fog, maybe? I can't precisely describe it in words...

I bet you're a tough coach, but I doubt you're abusive. The best coaches I've had have, consequently, worked me the hardest. As long as the coach is secure and trustworthy, working hard and getting in trouble is bearable. :thumbs

Brede
June 09, 2006, 07:04 AM
Alas. If I were the same confident girl then that I am now, I would have done much more than that.

i know what u mean. with hindsight we sometimes go "why didn't i do this or that". that coach sounds to have gone beyond a 'little' abusive. he must belong to the "what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger" camp of thinking.

but wow! you're a real sport nut (meant as a compliment) :smile-big. reading your post really makes me envious...i'm not much good at sports...In fact, school has left me with a slight phobia of any team sports...i was always the last one picked for teams - basketball, softball, soccer. very bad hand-eye-feet coordination. in my final year...there were only 11 in my class. guess who was the veteran 'Reserve' for all team events? :amuse So, i ended up going for track and field events like the sprints. Loved the 100m sprints. But back in those days...we didn't really pay much attention to warm-ups or stretches or such. just get on the track and run your heart out :smile-big ended up injuring my (L) knee from one sport meet. nowadays i stick to aero/gym work-outs. plan to pick up yoga soon.

Tanuki-dono
June 10, 2006, 02:05 PM
i know what u mean. with hindsight we sometimes go "why didn't i do this or that". that coach sounds to have gone beyond a 'little' abusive. he must belong to the "what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger" camp of thinking.

but wow! you're a real sport nut (meant as a compliment) :smile-big. reading your post really makes me envious...i'm not much good at sports...In fact, school has left me with a slight phobia of any team sports...i was always the last one picked for teams - basketball, softball, soccer. very bad hand-eye-feet coordination. in my final year...there were only 11 in my class. guess who was the veteran 'Reserve' for all team events? :amuse So, i ended up going for track and field events like the sprints. Loved the 100m sprints. But back in those days...we didn't really pay much attention to warm-ups or stretches or such. just get on the track and run your heart out :smile-big ended up injuring my (L) knee from one sport meet. nowadays i stick to aero/gym work-outs. plan to pick up yoga soon.

^^; Sport-nut, huh? Maybe a bit. I'm not so bad anymore, since college started. And in the end, pointless injuries sent me home with my tail tucked. I stick to gym/aero now, too. You mention yoga - I tired it last week! It was actually very nice. Challenging, but a good workout. You have to keep you chest and hips so aligned and hold for so long! :O

As for picking teams, sometimes I didn't get credit. And I'd get picked towards the end in P.E.. I played up age groups with my sister and older peers usually (in teams and such), so my own peers really didn't have a gage on what I could do. It always made me mad and and I wound up catching fire and playing my heart out. Plus, that stuff was based more on popularity, anyways, so I wasn't up there in the picking part. -_-; I don't exactly look terribly athletic either. I'm in shape, yes. But I mean, I have muscles and stuff sure, but I was always round and soft, so people thought I wasn't the tomboy sports-girl where I live. Yet, the towns all around always respected me and knew my name. Weird, huh?

But man. I really respect you for doing track! That's hard stuff. (At least, to me.) Shin-splints and all that crap goes along with that sport. And for some reason, I could never run very hard for track. For me to be at my fullest, I had to be chasing soemthing. ^^; I'm such a dork - Sorry to hear about your knee, though. >.< Stretching and warmup is very important. But I'm sure you know that in hindsight, neh? What exactly happened? Did you fall or did it just jam up? :(

Gold Knight
June 10, 2006, 09:12 PM
And though I don't have the initmate understanding of football (American not soccer) as far as the more specific ruls and plays go, I ADORE watching it. It's very exciting. I watched a lot of college football this last fall.

Hey, if ever have any questions, Erin, shoot away ^^ ( I'm probably the biggest football-nut on the forums. )

And sorry about the abusive coach; there's definitely too much of that going on. I guess that's what you get when you have so many schools and teams across the country and not enough nice people to take care of these kids. It happens more often than we all would like to believe...

I ran track too myself, Brede. But I didn't like it too much. I mainly did it to get faster for football, but it just bored the heck out of me. No offense. Plus, we had a guy on the team that was worlds better than everybody else, it tended to make me feel a little inadequate back then. I was even happier to get back on the football field and be the "top dog" again, if ya know what I mean (especially my senior year).

Although they did need me to start off a relay race 'cause somebody had to go home. It was for a county championship, and we won, so that was something I never dreamed I'd be a part of - so I still had good memories.

Then there was that one time where I went on the gunshot and ran half the track not knowing there had been a false start... and somebody had to jump out in front of me to tell me to stop XD ( For once, I thought I was in the lead all the way! )

Brede
June 12, 2006, 05:18 AM
Then there was that one time where I went on the gunshot and ran half the track not knowing there had been a false start... and somebody had to jump out in front of me to tell me to stop XD ( For once, I thought I was in the lead all the way! )

:loool i suddenly remembered a scene from the movie Forest Gump where he was running on the football field and ppl were trying to tell him to stop running...

But I'm sure you know that in hindsight, neh? What exactly happened? Did you fall or did it just jam up? :(

yeap. my leg sorta jammed. i didn't fall or anything, just suddenly felt this sharp tug in my (L) thigh and knee and of course pain. it was like a really bad case of cramp. I actually thought that it was just a cramp and after some 'rudimentary' massage, i went back on the track. Something along the lines of 'my team needs me'...rather stupid really since there're much faster ppl on the team anyway :darn 2nd event, sharper tug, worse pain...end of story for my knee. never been quite right since then :smile-big i decided track was not my thing after all...

Tanuki-dono
June 12, 2006, 06:13 PM
yeap. my leg sorta jammed. i didn't fall or anything, just suddenly felt this sharp tug in my (L) thigh and knee and of course pain. it was like a really bad case of cramp. I actually thought that it was just a cramp and after some 'rudimentary' massage, i went back on the track. Something along the lines of 'my team needs me'...rather stupid really since there're much faster ppl on the team anyway :darn 2nd event, sharper tug, worse pain...end of story for my knee. never been quite right since then :smile-big i decided track was not my thing after all...

Awww... I'm sorry to hear that. I hate that "mind over body" thing we tend to do. Usually, it winds up being bad for our bodies. >_<

Gold Knight
June 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
^ That is true. But everything requires sacrifice, if you really want it. That's just how life is.

My fingers, for one thing, will probably never be the same again, I jammed them so much playing football... >.< But at least I can still draw XD

Rampages
June 13, 2006, 05:48 PM
Argh, I broke the door to the computer room with my foot, and now can't play soccer for about 3 weeks...lol

Brede
June 14, 2006, 03:33 AM
Argh, I broke the door to the computer room with my foot, and now can't play soccer for about 3 weeks...lol

how did you do that? u can't play football becos your foot is injured or as punishment for breaking the door? :headscratch

JeffDoogins
June 14, 2006, 04:19 AM
Never liked Football...
Gotta love Rugby, such a fun sport to watch!
Cricket is better to play than to watch, unfortunately.
In school, we're forced to play Badminton (err) Netball (errrreerrr) HRE(Health related exercise =3) Althletics (=3) Dance (>.<) and Gymnastics (>.<)
Why can't we do something useful, like a matial art? Tut-tut.

Oh My God! we think along the same lines except the female sport part and i dont mind football (ie soccer) where are you?

any way the best sport in my opinion is rugby league or union, it may just be my kiwi genes speaking out here but i dont care GO THE ALL BLACKS!! KICKASS LIKE LAST YEAR!! :XD :smile-big

and to the sports i dont like or just plain dont understand.......

Grid iron - the only thing i like about it are the movies ie the replacements or remember the titans. The sport is strange to me because i like games that are almost continuos, not just play for 7 seconds then set up the field again, also all those injuries?! from what? bunch of whooses, in rugby you get spear tackeled drop the ball get up straight away then pin the guy who just tackeled you to the ground....and all that padding used, thats probably what hurts them........

AFL (Australian Football League, not soccer ) - ok i grew up with this sport and understand it pretty well but for the love of god, it is the most energetic and yet boring sport you can come across (except maybe lawn bowls and curling but there not energetic :amuse) . It's aparrently the most aussiest of sports, despite the fact that it originated in Ireland from the game Galic Football. I probably dont like it more because where i am its everywhere, the media just absolutely flood it and heaps of people i know just cant get over it

then the rest of the sports i dont mind as much - baseball, basketball, cricket, ice hockey (i have never ever ever seen a propper game whether it be on television, the internet or the real thing, except of course the 3 mighty ducks movies :smile-big) volleyball, tennis, etc

Rampages
June 16, 2006, 08:47 AM
how did you do that? u can't play football becos your foot is injured or as punishment for breaking the door? :headscratch

Well I hurt my foot while breaking the door (I was on a rampage :s ), so now I can't play soccer cos it hurts lol. I can only watch it on tv and wish I was playing XD

Lesson of this story: Don't break doors by kicking on them!

Brede
June 19, 2006, 02:56 AM
Lesson of this story: Don't break doors by kicking on them!

...erm...how 'bout don't break doors? :rofl anywayz, hope your foot gets better real soon!

Rampages
June 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
...erm...how 'bout don't break doors? :rofl anywayz, hope your foot gets better real soon!

Thanks lol, I just hurt my finger today, it got twisted in a weird position...guess I have to give up basketball for a while as well hahaha...ha...

Tanuki-dono
June 19, 2006, 08:03 PM
Rampage, you total nut! :D Be careful!

Rampages
June 19, 2006, 09:07 PM
Rampage, you total nut! :D Be careful!

Yeah, I will, and I hope I recover in time for my job next week :D

Today's the hockey finals between Carolina and Oilers, btw!

Macan
June 22, 2006, 12:51 AM
i was always the last one picked for teams - basketball, softball, soccer. very bad hand-eye-feet coordination. in my final year...there were only 11 in my class. guess who was the veteran 'Reserve' for all team events? :amuse So, i ended up going for track and field events like the sprints. Loved the 100m sprints. But back in those days...we didn't really pay much attention to warm-ups or stretches or such. just get on the track and run your heart out :smile-big ended up injuring my (L) knee from one sport meet. nowadays i stick to aero/gym work-outs. plan to pick up yoga soon.

You're lucky at least you get picked you for teams . Me, I was never on the list at all and yes, I also end up going for track and field events but I do the 400m & 200m relay race. :noworry

Back in the old days (approx. 11 years ago), I'll usually riding my mountain bike to the local palm oil plantation sometimes covering up to 30 kilometres a day. It's fun back then coz It's between me and the surroundings. But since I've got a two wheels with engine, I've started to go out of shape (easily get tired etc). I miss the old days very much *sigh*. :crying :crying :crying

Brede
June 22, 2006, 01:45 AM
But since I've got a two wheels with engine, I've started to go out of shape (easily get tired etc). I miss the old days very much *sigh*. :crying :crying :crying

lol...that's 'progress' for you. :smile-big

@ rampage: *at lost for words* you going out for the 'most injuries of the year' award or something?!? take care of yourself! its not like we can pick up spare parts for this body of ours :smile-big get better real soon!

Macan
June 22, 2006, 02:40 AM
lol...that's 'progress' for you. :smile-big

Yeah, 'progress' alright, a troublesome one that is. :)

@ rampage: *at lost for words* you going out for the 'most injuries of the year' award or something?!? take care of yourself! its not like we can pick up spare parts for this body of ours :smile-big get better real soon!

I guess maybe he's going for the award. :amuse

@rampage: I hope you'll get better soon and don't add more injuries to your body. Like Brede said, there's no spare parts for our body.

Gold Knight
July 03, 2006, 06:00 PM
Lol, be more careful there Rampages.

LadyHatake
July 19, 2006, 09:00 PM
I'm not very 'up' on baseball, but I root for the Braves whenever I get the chance, seeing as my father hails from Georgia. Anyone want to tell me why the heck they're playing sooooooo badly this year?

*sigh* I always root for the losing team, it seems. Doens't matter what sport it is: soccer, football, baseball, hockey...My team always ends up losing. And as soon as I start rooting for another team, the one I switched from begins to win. Dang it.

I also found out today that I might have patellar tendinitis. *sigh* I have no luck.

Off to go moap in self-pity.
<3 :kkbook

Gold Knight
July 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
I have an obsessed Braves fan friend who would probably tell you all about it. Living in East Tennessee, there are a lot of Braves fans around here. I'm a Cubs fan though. Which isn't much better this year (which isn't unusual).

Patellar tendinitis? >< Take it easy...[br]Posted on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:33 PM_________________________________________________* * *

Here's what my Braves-obsessed friend says:

Josh (12:45:41 AM): Our bullpen blows ass
Josh (12:45:50 AM): and we're tied for the ML lead in blown saves
Josh (12:45:54 AM): That's the answer right there
Josh (12:46:06 AM): we have 20 blown saves
Josh (12:46:07 AM): 20!!!
Josh (12:47:31 AM): If we won the division it wouldn't be making history thou, so I guess it can still happen

LadyHatake
July 23, 2006, 02:59 PM
Still...they used to be so great, but now my friends harass me about rooting for the worst team.

Oh well. I didn't realize the braves had 20 blown saves. sheesh. That's ridiculous.

Maybe next year? *sigh* Not with my luck.

Gold Knight
July 26, 2006, 12:37 AM
If your friends harass you about the Braves losing, it's just because they've been waiting so long for it to happen. The Braves have always pulled through to make the playoffs on an every year basis, and you know what that breeds? Jealousy for fans that don't like the Braves.

Now, harassment for the Cubs losing... that's different for some reason, more like friendly joking, because we go thru it every damn year XD

[Trial]

Abused Boy: *sniff*
Judge: Who would you like to be your new guardians?
Abused Boy: The Cubs.
Judge: What? Why the Cubs?
Abused Boy: They can't beat anybody.

LadyHatake
July 26, 2006, 09:34 AM
[Trial]

Abused Boy: *sniff*
Judge: Who would you like to be your new guardians?
Abused Boy: The Cubs.
Judge: What? Why the Cubs?
Abused Boy: They can't beat anybody.

OMG...lol. It took me a second to get it, but that's funny! lol. Maybe one day the Cubs will make it to the playoffs.

Maybe.

Gold Knight
July 26, 2006, 10:10 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

The Red Sox did win.

So there's hope yet. Damn the Curse of the Billy Goat.

LadyHatake
July 27, 2006, 10:01 AM
So there's hope yet. Damn the Curse of the Billy Goat.

:rofl

Any NFL predictions, since it's coming up soon? I'm rooting for the Colts this year. Peyton Manning is great :D

I'll probably root for the Falcons, too, but...I don't know how well they're going to do. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

Gold Knight
July 28, 2006, 11:10 PM
Damn, you're a NFL fan too? Can I move to Virginia and marry you already?

When I wasn't modding the Naruto Avenue, I was best known at NF for my NFL Predictions threads on a weekly basis over in their Sports forum. If there's enough interest here, I'll definitely do it again. I'm also rooting for the Colts as well, this year. Peyton Manning is from my university, I've met the guy, and he's one of the main people who really got me interested into playing football. He's practically a legend in my area. So yeah, I'd like to see him win the big one sometimes. However I am actually a Titans fan, but I don't see much happening for them this year as Vince Young is just a rookie and will probably sit this year out. I'm just hoping that Coach Jeff Fisher will manage to do well enough that he'll keep his job, because they shouldn't fire him for the bad job the GM has been doing.

As for the Falcons, they're always in it as long as they've got Vick. Their problem is the playoffs, where they'll run into teams too three-dimensional to let an one-man show stop them, so they have to have weapons around Vick.

LadyHatake
July 29, 2006, 04:27 PM
Damn, you're a NFL fan too? Can I move to Virginia and marry you already?

Sure XD

I love the NFL. It's so much fun to watch. My dad used to play football, and I really enjoy sitting in the living room with him on monday nights and the game. My mom and brother aren't really interested in football, so it's kinda our "father-daughter" time together. :)

When I wasn't modding the Naruto Avenue, I was best known at NF for my NFL Predictions threads on a weekly basis over in their Sports forum. If there's enough interest here, I'll definitely do it again.

I'm definently interested. Count me in ;)

I'm also rooting for the Colts as well, this year. Peyton Manning is from my university, I've met the guy, and he's one of the main people who really got me interested into playing football. He's practically a legend in my area. So yeah, I'd like to see him win the big one sometimes.

Lucky. He's my favorite in the NFL. He's really talented, and seems like a nice guy, as a opposed to some of those other NFL players. I've rooted for the Colts the last two years in hopes they'd get to the Superbowl and win, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year is the lucky year.

However I am actually a Titans fan, but I don't see much happening for them this year as Vince Young is just a rookie and will probably sit this year out. I'm just hoping that Coach Jeff Fisher will manage to do well enough that he'll keep his job, because they shouldn't fire him for the bad job the GM has been doing.

As for the Falcons, they're always in it as long as they've got Vick. Their problem is the playoffs, where they'll run into teams too three-dimensional to let an one-man show stop them, so they have to have weapons around Vick.

I don't really follow the Titans, but it sucks about the coach. What exactly has the GM been doing?

Yeah, Georgia has Vick, but that's about it. :( Maybe the rest of the team will figure it out and step up their game this year. It's been about 7 years since they went to the superbowl. I'd like to see them back again.

Gold Knight
July 30, 2006, 01:26 AM
Sure XD

I love the NFL. It's so much fun to watch. My dad used to play football, and I really enjoy sitting in the living room with him on monday nights and the game. My mom and brother aren't really interested in football, so it's kinda our "father-daughter" time together. :)

I'm definently interested. Count me in ;)

Problem is, I don't think there's many NFL fans here at MH. More like soccer lovers. Ah well, we can always exchange PMs if nothing else :love

Winner gets to have the wedding in his/her home state :D ;)

Lucky. He's my favorite in the NFL. He's really talented, and seems like a nice guy, as a opposed to some of those other NFL players. I've rooted for the Colts the last two years in hopes they'd get to the Superbowl and win, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year is the lucky year.

It was only the briefest of meetings, but I can assure you that he's not fake at all. The funny thing is I actually know another NFL quarterback named Chad Pennington, from when I was in middle school. He plays for the Jets. His father used to be my PE teacher, and his mother worked in the same high school as my own mom. Oddest thing is the new place that we are moving to, we just found out we are the Penningtons' neighbors (both Chad's parents and grandparents) and Chad has his vacation house there. It's crazy. But anyway, Chad is another guy who's pretty cool as well. Both Peyton and Chad are absolute football fanatics, though.

One problem with his family though... his dad's awesome, but my mom and his mom don't get along. Apparently Chad's mom always talked about Chad like the "perfect son," and my mom did likewise about me... so naturally there were some sparks. So, gah. XD

There are also like four NFL players right now who I've played against or known in college: John Henderson (he's a 6'8" 300 lbs. monster!) of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason Witten (tight end) of the Dallas Cowboys ( I played against both of them in high school playoffs ), Gibril Wilson (up and coming DB) of the New York Giants, and Cedric Houston ( RB ) of the New York Jets ( both from my college ). A really good buddy of mine is playing running back for the Auburn Tigers right now, but I don't know if he'll make it to the NFL.

I don't really follow the Titans, but it sucks about the coach. What exactly has the GM been doing?

He's been mismanaging the salary cap... a good GM will always try to keep his veteran players. We've let Eddie George and now Steve McNair go, and these two guys were the foundation of our team for the last 10 years. These two guys took us to the Super Bowl. They deserved better than they got. Yes, George was slowing down, and McNair got hurt all the time, but they were still the heart and soul of our team. When you let the heart and soul go, what's left?

Not only that, but we've been losing important players every year, and it seems like they're putting way too much pressure on our rookies to step up and take over. Which leads to our rookies being discouraged. It's just a no win situation.

I still love the Titans, but if Coach Jeff Fisher goes, I'll probably have to pick another team. I'm not really so much a team fan as I am a coach/player fan in the NFL. (The Cubs are enough for me...)

Yeah, Georgia has Vick, but that's about it. :( Maybe the rest of the team will figure it out and step up their game this year. It's been about 7 years since they went to the superbowl. I'd like to see them back again.

Yeah. Well, Vick may have his best team yet, actually, so we'll see. :)

LadyHatake
July 30, 2006, 11:27 AM
Problem is, I don't think there's many NFL fans here at MH. More like soccer lovers. Ah well, we can always exchange PMs if nothing else :love

Winner gets to have the wedding in his/her home state :D ;)

Works for me. :) ;)

It was only the briefest of meetings, but I can assure you that he's not fake at all. The funny thing is I actually know another NFL quarterback named Chad Pennington, from when I was in middle school. He plays for the Jets. His father used to be my PE teacher, and his mother worked in the same high school as my own mom.Oddest thing is the new place that we are moving to, we just found out we are the Penningtons' neighbors (both Chad's parents and grandparents) and Chad has his vacation house there. It's crazy. But anyway, Chad is another guy who's pretty cool as well. Both Peyton and Chad are absolute football fanatics, though.

One problem with his family though... his dad's awesome, but my mom and his mom don't get along. Apparently Chad's mom always talked about Chad like the "perfect son," and my mom did likewise about me... so naturally there were some sparks. So, gah. XD

Aw. Both moms were proud of their sons. :)

There are also like four NFL players right now who I've played against or known in college: John Henderson (he's a 6'8" 300 lbs. monster!) of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason Witten (tight end) of the Dallas Cowboys ( I played against both of them in high school playoffs ), Gibril Wilson (up and coming DB) of the New York Giants, and Cedric Houston ( RB ) of the New York Jets ( both from my college ). A really good buddy of mine is playing running back for the Auburn Tigers right now, but I don't know if he'll make it to the NFL.

You're really lucky to have met all of these guys. I wish I had that kind of luck.

He's been mismanaging the salary cap... a good GM will always try to keep his veteran players. We've let Eddie George and now Steve McNair go, and these two guys were the foundation of our team for the last 10 years. These two guys took us to the Super Bowl. They deserved better than they got. Yes, George was slowing down, and McNair got hurt all the time, but they were still the heart and soul of our team. When you let the heart and soul go, what's left?

Not only that, but we've been losing important players every year, and it seems like they're putting way too much pressure on our rookies to step up and take over. Which leads to our rookies being discouraged. It's just a no win situation.

I still love the Titans, but if Coach Jeff Fisher goes, I'll probably have to pick another team. I'm not really so much a team fan as I am a coach/player fan in the NFL. (The Cubs are enough for me...)

Yeah. Well, Vick may have his best team yet, actually, so we'll see. :)

Wow. That GM isn't very smart. I agree with you. When you get rid of your heart and soul, there's nothing left to keep the team going. That's alot of pressure to put on those rookies. usually they look up to the players who have been there longer and that's where they learn and get their inspiration form, but if those players aren't around, who's there for them to look up to and stuff?

Yeah, I root for players more than teams. The main reason I support the Colts is Peyton Manning. BTW, Who's his brother playing for?

I root for the Falcons because that's my dads "home team" and it's who I grew up watching. Just like the Braves.

I also root for the Vikings, on occasion. My mom's from Minnasota, so I have to support them, too. :)

rennokun
July 31, 2006, 05:48 PM
My fav sport would be Rugby union, Golf, Judo

i use to played Rugby union in high scholl but i changed to Judo i played Golf almost every week

for rugby i love to smash people and union its the way to do it ref never see a thing

Judo is really Fun every1 should try

sport i h8
gota be soccer h8 every1 who dive 4 no reason in soccer

The Boff
August 04, 2006, 07:32 PM
hmmm... I think its time to tell the world about my.... SPORT INJURIES!!!!!
i used to play swedish rugby and that can get pretty rough and im a little dude so people used to literally throw me around.
so these are the injures i got from 3 years of playing:

6 concussions, 1 was so heavy that i had to sleep at the hospital cause they thought i was gonna die :D and another one of em gave me amnesia... thats pretty scary BELIEVE me!

one hit made me brake 2 ribs and the bone that holds together all your ribs in the center of the chest, that hurts.

3 broken fingers, now my right ringfinger has a weird angle in the middle.

crushed my right elbow many many times. i honestly stopped counting at 15...

broke my leg twice my arm once.....

i crushed my right hands knuckle for the little finger, so now i dont have a knuckle there anymore...

ummmmm, yeah thats about it..
I love rugby! :XD

LadyHatake
August 04, 2006, 09:22 PM
hmmm... I think its time to tell the world about my.... SPORT INJURIES!!!!!
i used to play swedish rugby and that can get pretty rough and im a little dude so people used to literally throw me around.
so these are the injures i got from 3 years of playing:

6 concussions, 1 was so heavy that i had to sleep at the hospital cause they thought i was gonna die :D and another one of em gave me amnesia... thats pretty scary BELIEVE me!

one hit made me brake 2 ribs and the bone that holds together all your ribs in the center of the chest, that hurts.

3 broken fingers, now my right ringfinger has a weird angle in the middle.

crushed my right elbow many many times. i honestly stopped counting at 15...

broke my leg twice my arm once.....

i crushed my right hands knuckle for the little finger, so now i dont have a knuckle there anymore...

ummmmm, yeah thats about it..
I love rugby! :XD

Glutton for punishment, ne? :XD

Let's see...I currectly have a broken ankle (Not from sports, though)
From sports:
Broke my leg in gymnastics in 5th grade
patella tendinitis from field hockey
broken right pointer finger from soccer
concussion from soccer
ACL tear from soccer
Broken rib from field hockey
concussion from field hockey.

I think that's it, aside from major bruises from field hockey :XD Some of those suckers are the size of a baseball!

EDIT: 250th post! I'm a senior member now :knk :spaz: :woo :party

rennokun
August 05, 2006, 02:50 AM
lol congrats lady hatake

talking about injury nvr really have that much problems except my shoulder keeps pooping out when ever i rplayed rugby and i got about 5 serious concussion so far all from Rugby. oh yeah i broken my anke when i was 10 from falling down the stair.

Gold Knight
August 06, 2006, 09:41 PM
You're really lucky to have met all of these guys. I wish I had that kind of luck.

Weeeell, in the case of John "Baby Shaq" Henderson, I think I was more unlucky than lucky. :lmao And he wasn't the only big guy on his team, either... his team totally kicked our team's ass in the state championship game 36-14, and I think I still have bruises from having to deal with him ( he also played tight end at the time ) XD Trying to hit a monster like that at full speed - I don't recommend it at all.

But I did get an autograph from him in college for some girls who were big fans of him, so that was cool.

Wow. That GM isn't very smart. I agree with you. When you get rid of your heart and soul, there's nothing left to keep the team going. That's alot of pressure to put on those rookies. usually they look up to the players who have been there longer and that's where they learn and get their inspiration form, but if those players aren't around, who's there for them to look up to and stuff?

Hear, hear.

Yeah, I root for players more than teams. The main reason I support the Colts is Peyton Manning. BTW, Who's his brother playing for?

The Giants. And actually, that's the first game of the season! Colts at Giants. On my birthday, too. Peyton's first game against his little brother. It'll be majorly cool.

While I love Peyton to death, he probably could get away with losing this game, though. His legacy as a great player is already sealed, both in Indianapolis and the NFL. Eli really needs the support of his city at the moment to get his career going, and winning this game would probably give him a good momentum. So I'm kinda neutral on who I'll be rooting for in that game, although my heart will probably go for Peyton. He probably doesn't want to be beaten by his little brother at all.

I heard a funny story the other day from one of my friends about how Peyton and Eli (who would talk about football all the time) was talking about it this past summer, and Peyton was like "hey how is that new guy on your defense doing?" And Eli is like "oh, he's GREAT, he's one of the most athletic --- hey, are you drilling me?" So they couldn't talk about football like usual because their game against each other is the first one this season. So they looked at each other and they both had to shut up about it. :amuse

I bet they still get hints from their dad, though.

I root for the Falcons because that's my dads "home team" and it's who I grew up watching. Just like the Braves.

Figures. What college team does your dad root for, the Georgia Bulldogs or the Georgia Tech Jackets? Heh.

I also root for the Vikings, on occasion. My mom's from Minnasota, so I have to support them, too. :)

Kinda reminds me of when I rooted for the Carolina Panthers, just 'cause my mom is from North Carolina and my aunt and uncle go to their games all the time, heh. They might have a good team this year too... but they'll have to go up against the Falcons, huh. XD

EDIT:

Wow, LadyHatake! :o That's some injury list... weird thing though, having played football, baseball, rugby, and ran track, you'd think I'd have sustained more injuries, but the only one I really got on the field was a lacerated chin - only 6 stitches, though. That's it. o.O

But I bet I'd get more injuries now.. I'm old these days :amuse

LadyHatake
August 07, 2006, 10:16 AM
The Giants. And actually, that's the first game of the season! Colts at Giants. On my birthday, too. Peyton's first game against his little brother. It'll be majorly cool.

While I love Peyton to death, he probably could get away with losing this game, though. His legacy as a great player is already sealed, both in Indianapolis and the NFL. Eli really needs the support of his city at the moment to get his career going, and winning this game would probably give him a good momentum. So I'm kinda neutral on who I'll be rooting for in that game, although my heart will probably go for Peyton. He probably doesn't want to be beaten by his little brother at all.

I heard a funny story the other day from one of my friends about how Peyton and Eli (who would talk about football all the time) was talking about it this past summer, and Peyton was like "hey how is that new guy on your defense doing?" And Eli is like "oh, he's GREAT, he's one of the most athletic --- hey, are you drilling me?" So they couldn't talk about football like usual because their game against each other is the first one this season. So they looked at each other and they both had to shut up about it. :amuse

I bet they still get hints from their dad, though.
That's going to be one heck of a game. I'll probably root for Peyton, though. I know what he's capable of and I've been supporting him for awhile now. Eli has to impress me first. XD I'm sure that once I've seen Eli play I'll probably root for him, too.

Figures. What college team does your dad root for, the Georgia Bulldogs or the Georgia Tech Jackets? Heh.
He was a Bulldogs fan, actually :) Still is. He and my cousin Steven (who just graduated from UnivGeor) went to a game last fall and my dad had the time of his life ^^

Kinda reminds me of when I rooted for the Carolina Panthers, just 'cause my mom is from North Carolina and my aunt and uncle go to their games all the time, heh. They might have a good team this year too... but they'll have to go up against the Falcons, huh. XD

I rooted for the Panthers 3 or 4 years ago when they were at the Superbowl...Lost $50 on a bet :darn But yeah, I am excited for the Falcons. I can't wait for the season to start! I love Monday Night Football XD My favorite part of the football season is that it's during the holidays. I love watching football on Thanksgiving. My dad and I laze around in front of the televison while my mom cooks XD It's so much fun.

EDIT:

Wow, LadyHatake! :o That's some injury list... weird thing though, having played football, baseball, rugby, and ran track, you'd think I'd have sustained more injuries, but the only one I really got on the field was a lacerated chin - only 6 stitches, though. That's it. o.O

But I bet I'd get more injuries now.. I'm old these days :amuse

I'm so injury prone. >.< Mostly because I'm not worried about getting hurt, so I do whatever I can to win. I hate losing XD Field hockey season started today. My team had practice this morning. I went, but I can't play for another few weeks yet. I get the cast off in a week or two, I think. The sooner, the better. I hate having to sit on the sidelines and watch my team play :crying

EDIT: Did you see the Raiders/Eagles expo game? That one guy from the Eagles (Forgot his name :headscratch oh yeah, Perry.) got hit so hard he lost the feeling in his extremities! That has to be one of the scariest things that could happen. They said he's okay now, though. Overall, it was a good game. Philadelphia had a 55-yd field goal. Alot of turnovers, though :\

Gold Knight
August 07, 2006, 03:24 PM
He was a Bulldogs fan, actually :) Still is. He and my cousin Steven (who just graduated from UnivGeor) went to a game last fall and my dad had the time of his life

Bah, Volunteers all the way XD When I went to UT I was able to to go to every home game at Neyland Stadium and it was always awesome, 'cause it's such a biiiig place. Orange everywhere (Naruto'd love it!)! XD Though I have to say Georgia has been our toughest rival lately.

^^I rooted for the Panthers 3 or 4 years ago when they were at the Superbowl...Lost $50 on a bet :darn

Doggone these stupid Patriots >.<

But yeah, I am excited for the Falcons. I can't wait for the season to start! I love Monday Night Football XD My favorite part of the football season is that it's during the holidays. I love watching football on Thanksgiving. My dad and I laze around in front of the televison while my mom cooks XD It's so much fun.

Always a nice way to spend Thanksgiving :D

I'm so injury prone. >.< Mostly because I'm not worried about getting hurt, so I do whatever I can to win. I hate losing XD Field hockey season started today. My team had practice this morning. I went, but I can't play for another few weeks yet. I get the cast off in a week or two, I think. The sooner, the better. I hate having to sit on the sidelines and watch my team play :crying

Let us know how your team does here, maybe we can send some positive vibes to them :D Btw, I think it's the other way around... if you worry too much about getting hurt, that's usually how you get hurt. I never worried about it either and I didn't get hurt often, so... but if you run into a wall, whether you're worrying about getting hurt or not, chances are you'll get hurt either way XD

EDIT: Did you see the Raiders/Eagles expo game? That one guy from the Eagles (Forgot his name :headscratch oh yeah, Perry.) got hit so hard he lost the feeling in his extremities! That has to be one of the scariest things that could happen. They said he's okay now, though. Overall, it was a good game. Philadelphia had a 55-yd field goal. Alot of turnovers, though :\

Wow, you even watch preseason games XD Yeah, I caught some of that game while I was writing my Ten Comments. ^_^

LadyHatake
August 07, 2006, 04:44 PM
Bah, Volunteers all the way XD When I went to UT I was able to to go to every home game at Neyland Stadium and it was always awesome, 'cause it's such a biiiig place. Orange everywhere (Naruto'd love it!)! XD Though I have to say Georgia has been our toughest rival lately.
huh. That's something I'll have to look into if I end up going to Virginia Tech next year XD
Free games? You bet I'd volunteer!
Georgia is teh best. :D Bulldog pride, my friend!

Doggone these stupid Patriots >.<
YEAH! Down with their constant winning and Tom Brady!! :XD I want to see someone else in the Superbowl for a change! lol.

Let us know how your team does here, maybe we can send some positive vibes to them :D Btw, I think it's the other way around... if you worry too much about getting hurt, that's usually how you get hurt. I never worried about it either and I didn't get hurt often, so... but if you run into a wall, whether you're worrying about getting hurt or not, chances are you'll get hurt either way XD

Thanks, I'll do that. It's looking pretty good (Better than expected, I mean) and we have 20 freshman trying out o.O
My coach usually only keeps 18 per team XD So for JV alone, thats like 30 girls trying out for 18 spots. Varsity, on the other hand, is only about 15, meaning a few younger girls (sophmores, most likely) will be pulled up to varsiity
I walk into my door way every morning on the way too the bathroom XD Guess I'm never awake enough to keep myself from walking into it. :D Maybe I just have bad luck, as far as injuries go...I got kicked in the face by a goalkeeper once. My coach laughed at me :notrust

Wow, you even watch preseason games XD Yeah, I caught some of that game while I was writing my Ten Comments. ^_^

Of course I watch preseason games ;) How else do I find out who's a worthy opponent? XD
I still haven't read any of your ten comments :darn I guess I'll go check them out ;)

I marked my bedroom calender for the Colts vs Titans game on the Sunday, Spetember 10th. I put little hearts around it XD God I love the NFL! That's your birthday, too, right? What a good birthday gift ^^

Gold Knight
August 08, 2006, 04:24 AM
Go back to your calendar and mark out Titans and put Giants there instead ;)

As for preseason games and worthy opponents, I have to warn you, the preseason is never really a good way to gauge teams. Most teams don't even show one play from their "real" gamebooks for half these games. It's part of the reason why I don't really get excited about preseason games anyway, because half the time the preseason winners end up being losers...

And stupid goalkeeper... >.< Kick her butt next time! And 20 freshmen trying out.. . heh.. my high school team used to have like 80-90 players so I always had a lot of competition to deal with, too. But somehow I managed.

LadyHatake
August 08, 2006, 12:36 PM
Go back to your calendar and mark out Titans and put Giants there instead ;)

>.< My bad.

As for preseason games and worthy opponents, I have to warn you, the preseason is never really a good way to gauge teams. Most teams don't even show one play from their "real" gamebooks for half these games. It's part of the reason why I don't really get excited about preseason games anyway, because half the time the preseason winners end up being losers...

I suppose so, but I still love watching them ^^ Gives me something to look forward to.

And stupid goalkeeper... >.< Kick her butt next time! And 20 freshmen trying out.. . heh.. my high school team used to have like 80-90 players so I always had a lot of competition to deal with, too. But somehow I managed.

It happened in like 8th grade...she's long graduated. It was one of two times that I ever played a field position. I've always been a goalkeeper. but if we're up by 10 goals or somehting usuallly the coach just lets us play around. Nevertheless, I haven't played field since -.- I don't mind getting hit by one of these once in awhile:
http://www.teamskyline.com/productImages/FHBP_1a.jpg

But getting kicked in the face made me realize something: I'd rather be doing the kicking than getting kicked XD. Those balls really hurt though...it's like getting beamed with a solid plastic baseball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...Floyd Landis has tested positive for drugs and may be stripped of his Tour De france title. Why am I not surprised? -.-

The Twins lost to the Tigers :crying Why do Minnasota teams never win??

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
August 08, 2006, 07:45 PM
Well since I dont watch football, I'm gonna give you a list of my sports injuries.

- fractured left shin from football (soccer) when i was 9
- broken nose from getting punched in a pencak silat (a form of martial art from Indonesia and Malaysia too, i think) tournament.
- fractured left knuckles from the same tournament.
- torn left calf muscle from a football tackle
- dislocated left shoulder from aikido
- dislocated left ankle from another football tackle (i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)
- fractured left knuckles from football (actually, it happened in a football riot)
- chipped two of my front teeth in a football match.

I really need to get rid the left side of my body. Anyone can hook me up with a great cyborg scientist?

LadyHatake
August 08, 2006, 07:49 PM
All of your injuries were major serious...o.O Compared to you mine were mere scratches XD

- dislocated left ankle from another football tackle (i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)

:spaz :whoo :woo I'm a goalie too ^^ IN both football/soccer and field hockey.

I really need to get rid the left side of my body. Anyone can hook me up with a great cyborg scientist?

Yeah, I know a really good one over in London. He's does decent work, and he isn't too expensive. Want me to give you his card?
XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
August 08, 2006, 08:17 PM
All of your injuries were major serious...o.O Compared to you mine were mere scratches XD
:spaz :whoo :woo I'm a goalie too ^^ IN both football/soccer and field hockey.
Yeah, I know a really good one over in London. He's does decent work, and he isn't too expensive. Want me to give you his card?
XD
No, it was not a really serious injury. Wow, i played hockey too for a year and a goalie too! But somehow i never got any serious injury, except for that time when the opponent's hockey stick somehow went full speed to my groin. God bless the person that invented those metal cups.
Thanks for the info, I tried looking for an automail shop, but haven't found any.

yeste
August 09, 2006, 07:33 PM
(i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)

Sometimes they just do!!! :p because they are …

You guys sure suffered a loot of injuries… That always suck!!!! Anyway here’s mine….

Destroyed my right elbow on a basketball game when I was 12-13… Surgery, wires in arm, two month bandage ( no not bandage but I don’t know the word, sorry… other thing that immobilizes the arm so that you cant move it, hard stuff… ) rehabilitation, after a year another surgery to take the wires out… again a month or two with bandage… Suckedddddd a loooooooot!!!!!!!!! It still hurts sometimes…. I started playing BBL right after hehehe!!!!!! Played for 6-7 more years… I hardly do nowdays…

Broken one tiny little bone in my left hand – palm, two months of that thing on my arm, in a bike incident!!! Lost some of my skin too…

Those are the two major ones that I can remember, kind of cooled it down when I turned 20.

ZOMG NFL fans here!?!!!! I started to watch NFL 5-6 seasons ago… I’m not a big fan meaning that I don’t know jack about players/teams and stuff like that ( OK I do know team names and towns they come from… ) but I like watching the games…

First one I ever watched was NY Jets – Miami Dolphins and what a game it was. Jets wore down hard in the half time, it was something like 26-3 not sure, and I was like hehehe they’re f-ed, but the commentator kept saying “wait, in this game turnovers happen like in no other, the Jets can do it…” Yeah, right, you’re gonna lose your job dumba**!!! And WOOOWWW the second half continued, and what a turnover… Jets totally owned Miami!!!!!!!!! WTF did just happen there???? So I continued to watch every Sunday, very late at night here, and watched the whole season ( which doesn’t last very long… ) Yes, I liked the sport very much even dough it had a very strange name ( I’m just joking around… Soccer fan here boys and girls… ) and I kinda sympathized the Jets back then…

Later on, people told me that the Jets SuCK ( and I saw this line many times in the movies, almost as much as the line “ ahhhhh Knicks suck!” :p) and that they wore the equivalents of * looks around for Tothenham fans, sorry in advanced!!!* of Tothenhamm Hotspurs… But I still like to watch their games sometimes…

So basically I’ve watched all seasons from then, except the last one ( damn tv station canceled broadcasting…) so I’m kind of a NFL fan aswell. And there are loads of people I know who are just NFL crazy…

Also watched NBA for the last 10-12 years. Now, that’s something I know almost as much about as European football.

And about Euro Football or soccer, I refuse to talk about it, or think about it, and that’s how it will be for me for a some time, because of the plays and the rankings of my national team in the World Cup – dead last… A*sh***s!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

LadyHatake
August 09, 2006, 08:03 PM
Destroyed my right elbow on a basketball game when I was 12-13… Surgery, wires in arm, two month bandage ( no not bandage but I don’t know the word, sorry… other thing that immobilizes the arm so that you cant move it, hard stuff… ) rehabilitation, after a year another surgery to take the wires out… again a month or two with bandage… Suckedddddd a loooooooot!!!!!!!!! It still hurts sometimes…. I started playing BBL right after hehehe!!!!!! Played for 6-7 more years… I hardly do nowdays…
That arm thing might be claled a cast or a splint. That sucks though. I had surgery on my knee when I tore my ACL. The only other time I've had anesthesia was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled a month or two ago. That was alomst as bad as the ACL surgery and subsequent rehab.... :darn

ZOMG NFL fans here!?!!!! I started to watch NFL 5-6 seasons ago… I’m not a big fan meaning that I don’t know jack about players/teams and stuff like that ( OK I do know team names and towns they come from… ) but I like watching the games…

First one I ever watched was NY Jets – Miami Dolphins and what a game it was. Jets wore down hard in the half time, it was something like 26-3 not sure, and I was like hehehe they’re f-ed, but the commentator kept saying “wait, in this game turnovers happen like in no other, the Jets can do it…” Yeah, right, you’re gonna lose your job dumba**!!! And WOOOWWW the second half continued, and what a turnover… Jets totally owned Miami!!!!!!!!! WTF did just happen there???? So I continued to watch every Sunday, very late at night here, and watched the whole season ( which doesn’t last very long… ) Yes, I liked the sport very much even dough it had a very strange name ( I’m just joking around… Soccer fan here boys and girls… ) and I kinda sympathized the Jets back then…

Later on, people told me that the Jets SuCK ( and I saw this line many times in the movies, almost as much as the line “ ahhhhh Knicks suck!” :p) and that they wore the equivalents of * looks around for Tothenham fans, sorry in advanced!!!* of Tothenhamm Hotspurs… But I still like to watch their games sometimes…

So basically I’ve watched all seasons from then, except the last one ( damn tv station canceled broadcasting…) so I’m kind of a NFL fan aswell. And there are loads of people I know who are just NFL crazy…

Also watched NBA for the last 10-12 years. Now, that’s something I know almost as much about as European football.

And about Euro Football or soccer, I refuse to talk about it, or think about it, and that’s how it will be for me for a some time, because of the plays and the rankings of my national team in the World Cup – dead last… A*sh***s!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

NFL fans for life, baby!! XD

I'm not too into the NBA though. Basketball has never been my thing. It gets too repetitive for me :|

Yeah, well, America didn't do so great in the WC either, so don't feel too bad. Ryk's the only one who got a happy ending XD

Gold Knight
August 09, 2006, 09:07 PM

Saw that game. Was a Monday Football game, wasn't it? One of the few times my dad ( a Miami Dolphins fan, btw ) actually stayed up to see the end of a game, and his team lost in unbelievable fashion. =/

I think that soured him on NFL ever since. Too bad.

yeste
August 10, 2006, 03:47 AM
Sunday, Monday who knows anymore… I get lost with the time diference!!! I remember the game ended in 6:30 am and an hour later, I went to collage/university for lab practices or something like that…But I cant remember if it was Monday or Tuesday here… You’re probably right!!!

Who’s good this year??? I mean which are the favorites??? You know, now that I think about it, everyone can tell the favorites in euro football leagues every year because there are up to 5 ( overstatement!!! ) teams in every league that have dissent chances of wining it… And one of that 5 teams, ok 2-3 would be more precise, wins it every year… The only thing I cant tell is who will win the Champions League.

I think this is not how it is in the NFL, or I just don’t know enough… But I remember when Tampa won it ( I won some sweet money on that one, they had +3 on them and won with more than 20 points if I remember correctly – stupid bookies!!!! Serves them right ) they didn’t even go to the playoffs next year… Does this happen often, or do you have like 5-6 teams that are considered favorites every year!!! Or is it more like NBA???

LadyHatake
August 10, 2006, 10:01 AM
Sunday, Monday who knows anymore… I get lost with the time diference!!! I remember the game ended in 6:30 am and an hour later, I went to collage/university for lab practices or something like that…But I cant remember if it was Monday or Tuesday here… You’re probably right!!!

Who’s good this year??? I mean which are the favorites??? You know, now that I think about it, everyone can tell the favorites in euro football leagues every year because there are up to 5 ( overstatement!!! ) teams in every league that have dissent chances of wining it… And one of that 5 teams, ok 2-3 would be more precise, wins it every year… The only thing I cant tell is who will win the Champions League.

I think this is not how it is in the NFL, or I just don’t know enough… But I remember when Tampa won it ( I won some sweet money on that one, they had +3 on them and won with more than 20 points if I remember correctly – stupid bookies!!!! Serves them right ) they didn’t even go to the playoffs next year… Does this happen often, or do you have like 5-6 teams that are considered favorites every year!!! Or is it more like NBA???

Well, the NFL seems to fluctuate as far as who's the strongest team. One year a team will go to the superbowl, and the next they'll be at the bottom of their divison. Don't really know why though. It's possible that drafts, player trades, and injuries change the team dynamic (for better or for worse).

yeste
August 10, 2006, 03:37 PM
Maybe the system in the US is more fair than the one in Europe. Maybe?

You know, there are no such things as limits for the money involved, or draft!!! It’s a free market here so the big guns are now fighting over who will give out the most millions to have some 14 year old talented player form somewhere in their team. Basically, almost everyone can be bought…

But then again, even with the restrictions in the US, there is way more money involved than in Europe. I mean I know there are limits to money when it comes to transfers ( here there isn’t!!! So the clubs spend awesome amounts just to bring the player to sing for them. ), but players have way bigger salaries in the US… So, I don’t know…

Which one is more fair… I cant decide…

Luckas
August 10, 2006, 04:57 PM
I don't know NFL, but in NBA the worst teams could draft the best new talent and the salary cap limit the number of good player a team coul enlist, so in some years a team very low in the ranking could be capable of winning the championiship. I'm not sure but I think San Antonio Spurs before to draft Duncan wasn't very strong, now the team is one of the best.

yeste
August 10, 2006, 05:51 PM
I don't know NFL, but in NBA the worst teams could draft the best new talent and the salary cap limit the number of good player a team coul enlist, so in some years a team very low in the ranking could be capable of winning the championiship. I'm not sure but I think San Antonio Spurs before to draft Duncan wasn't very strong, now the team is one of the best.

Yeah, I know this… But do you think this way is more fair than open market for players…

And... Yes you're right!!! They did have David Robinson back then but diliberately played bad season so they can draft Duncan...

Luckas
August 10, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I know this… But do you think this way is more fair than open market for players…

Sincerely, I didn't think a lot about this, but with open market in soccer only team with a lot of money to buy player are strong, in NBA obviously money is important but things seem a little more fair, but I really don't know a lot.

BlueChild
August 21, 2006, 06:49 AM
The sport i love the most definitely is VOLLEYBALL :D

i like a lot of sports, there are only a few which i don't like.

I used to do sports my whole life XD
i played Badminton for ages (4 years i think it was...), did swimming when i was little, canoing in a school working group, dancing for a year (but i didn't like it very much and i wasn't very good at it...), did athletics for 2 years and gymnastics for 3 years (when i was...5 years old? XD) i'm sure i forgot something...oh well XD
After i had some big arguments with my badminton coach i quit after 4 years because my coach was pissed off at me for beating her son at Badminton over and over again...
after 3 months without sports i couldn't stand it anymore and tried to play Volleyball. (my whole family plays/played Volleyball, so it's kinda family sports for us XD) Now i'm playing Volleyball for 9 years, and i can say that my team and me are really successful for a team with the average age of 18. We play in the 4th German Leauge. We also play A-Youth in the highest west german youth leage and won the West German's Championship twice and were qualified for the German's Championship (where only the 16 best youth teams of germany can participate). We became 5th and 8th there. =)

Sports i hate...
Golf x_x That's the most boring sports i can think of!
i also don't like Soccer very much (even though the World Cup was really cool to watch because of all the euphoria in Germany XD). I don't like to play it and i don't really like to watch it.

I think that's about it...XD

rennokun
August 24, 2006, 04:42 AM
Sports i hate...
Golf x_x That's the most boring sports i can think of!
i also don't like Soccer very much (even though the World Cup was really cool to watch because of all the euphoria in Germany XD). I don't like to play it and i don't really like to watch it.

Golf its fun. well maybe not when ure wathcing it on Tv thats boring. if u wana make golf more fun puts a wager on it with your friends that gona make the games gets more competitive and fun. i agree with u on soccer h8 them cant stand them especially when their is crying and diving involve :XD

DesiSkull
August 24, 2006, 05:18 AM
@BlueChild. discribe me one of the funniest moment u ever had while playing volleyball.
@Rennokun. dont be hating on soccer bro. depending on the sports u see crying and diving in other sports too.
i absolutely love beach/ volleyball, cricket, soccer and field hockey. i have played several other sports as well

rennokun
August 24, 2006, 06:20 AM
Well i kidda like watching soccer for betting purposes :p
wat other sport involve crying and diving?

Leen
August 24, 2006, 06:48 AM

I don't think that there's any sport out there that involves crying, unless you are talking about cycling. :p

Cycling, we have the three biggest tour, namely Tour de France, Tour de Italia and Le Tour De Langkawi.

Diving..:s I don't know much about this sport even though I like to watch them in Olympics. XD

Luckas
August 24, 2006, 08:13 AM
What is "Le Tour De Langkawi"? I don't know it.

rykarreolacr
August 24, 2006, 08:17 AM
Me neither... I always thought the biggest 3 were: Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta de España.

Luckas
August 24, 2006, 08:24 AM
I found this in Wikipedia: "Le Tour de Langkawi (French for "Tour of Langkawi") is an annual cycling race which is held in Malaysia."

DesiSkull
August 26, 2006, 12:53 AM
baskerball, baseball, even in football

BlueChild
August 28, 2006, 11:21 AM
@BlueChild. discribe me one of the funniest moment u ever had while playing volleyball.

sorry for the late reply!

the funniest moment i had while playing volleyball...? i think during the matches there were hardly any funny moments because we normally take matches seriously ^^;
well...one situation was pretty funny...Saturday evening, we had our top match agains our old, beloved *coughs* rival. And we bet the hell out of them. :D It was one of the best matches we ever had. They came from a little village near the frontier of Holland. They came with about 200 fans and they cheered for them like hell. it was really so much fun to kick their asses, especially in an atmosphere like that. After the match we went out to celebrate out glorious victory - and everybody was pissed. XD The only problem was: we had to play the next match next sunday morning at 9 am, and more than half of our team suffered from a hangover...well, we had that opponent...who wanted to beat us...and we just wanted to lose...and we were playing like that...we lost the first set...everyone was happy, only 2 more sets to lose and we could go home sleeping...during the middle of the second set we started to realise that we had more points than we thought...and suddenly we noticed that the difference between our points and our opponent's points became bigger and bigger...and suddenly we realised - shocked as we were - that we won the set. Our opponent was pissed off and declared that they won't lose against a team like ours...well, actually, after a declaration like that we bet them quickly and went home to our beds again XD

there were several really funny situations, but not during matches. On Cups or so when we had free time XD

DesiSkull
August 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
hah its always sweet to get ur rivals and beat them good. for me, i was playing with friends. 5vs5. the match was getting heated up and everyone was getting agrressive. spiking as hard they can, diving, screaming. atomshere was pretty tense. and i was so pumped up myself and this guys blocks my spike outta no where i didnt even see the guy go up. after that he goes ooh yeh how'd you like that. i smiled and gave him the look to watch out. [remember my english wasnt good at that point and i only moved to usa about a year ago] so i asked my friend to set me the ball long and little away from the net. and when he did. i came running hard and timed the spike real nice and the same guy who block me he couldnt get outta the way. i nailed him in the chest. everybody is laughing. and I say On Ur Face. lmao. everyone started looking and laughing at me and im looking all consufed. tht was really funny.
PS the correct way is In Ur Face. lol

BlueChild
August 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
lol, we had a similar situation against that rival i was talking about earlier in another match: They had service, so we had the first attack. our setter setted me the ball little high and fast and Jacky (who played in our team, but left because we were only "mobbing" her...yeaaah, sure...she changed the clubs and went to our dear rival...) blocked me so that the ball was on the ground before myself again x_x She showed me her fist and looked at me as if she wanted to say "see, i've always been better than you, you'll never be able to beat me!". well, again, they were to serve the ball. our Setter gave me the ball once more, this time not right next to her, but a really fast ball 2 meters away from her. and i timed the spike really well, fooled her (she tried to block me right next to the setter, just that i was 2 meters away from there XD) and smashed the ball on the ground - 3 meters away from the net. One of my best spikes ever :D And my team started singing "Don't let yourself get fooled" (for the germans: "lalala lasst euch nicht verarschen! es lebe die Mediamarkt-werbung! XD). and Jacky looked at me as if she wanted to kill me. I couldn't help and looked into her face and started laughing like hell XD

DesiSkull
August 28, 2006, 12:38 PM
LMAO. yeh i can so imagine that.
PS dont hate me for this but once i was co-ed volleyball. basically we were chilling and enjoy. and outta no where i see this perfect set. my eyes all got sparkley and i couldnt stop myself and jump the ball and spiked it. and the worse thing happend. i spiked a girl in the face. i tried and not laugh. luckily she wasnt uptight. and laughed it off. but that was not cool. i do not wish to spike at female like that.

BlueChild
August 28, 2006, 04:02 PM
why should i hate you for something like that...? i think if the girl doesn't react in time it's not your fault, isn't it...? ^^;
at least that's my opinion XD

At school i always loved to play with the guys during sports lessons. there was one other guy who played volleyball in a club, and two others who were pretty good at volleyball. one of them played soccer, the other played water ball. so we always had a 2 vs 2 match on the volleyball court in the gym XD that was always funny. the others mostly stood around us and watched us playing ^^

Gold Knight
September 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
I found this in Wikipedia: "Le Tour de Langkawi (French for "Tour of Langkawi") is an annual cycling race which is held in Malaysia."

Hehe, and Eileen lives in Malaysia. ;)

Btw, Bluechild, I like playing volleyball too :) But I haven't played it in sooooooooo long, I probably suck at it now.

Kratos
September 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
my favorite sport is Soccer and i like everything about it (what else can i say)
there are othere sport that i like, like Tenis and swiming.
but the sports that i hate are baseball, football, and basketball
i dont like baseball and football because there are too slow, and dont like basketball because is too fast
that's why i think soccer is perfect, not too fast not too slow, and is more about team work

bax
October 16, 2006, 01:21 PM

Trust me. That thing, out of 10 average Malaysians, I bet only 5 knows about it. No publicity at all if not very little. People in Malaysia is not into bicycles. They're more into soccer, which is probably the crappiest and most troublesome sport there is in Malaysia.

I'm from Malaysia, I know the condition.

Haha.. I actually not noticing this thread at all :p
Well, let see.. sports and me has good and bad times together.

I was a national rugby player (retired because of permanent injury). I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Thailand for international matches and tournaments. They usually pwnd us. Haha... I must look up to see their faces. Haha.... I bet they were saying "Little boy!!!".... :p

I played volleyball, only managed to get to represent my school. Soccer, hhmmm...., only to district level. Not much to comment on that. I tried hockey, but sucks at it. I'm better at golf than hockey. Well, you could say that I'm hyper active in sports. Haha.... But right now, I only play futsal every now and then.

BlueChild
October 16, 2006, 06:07 PM
Btw, Bluechild, I like playing volleyball too :) But I haven't played it in sooooooooo long, I probably suck at it now.

nah, you just need to get used to it again ;)
after some time you'll rock again for sure :D

ILUVATAR
October 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
>_> never had any great interest in sports...meaning i never had any sport that i was good at.
i was at the local TAE-KWON-DO team for about 9 years, won some medals, went to half-black belt and stoped it cause of school v_v
when i was younger i tryed both football and basketball.....but i was only good at defence in both sports :D not tall enough for basket, not skillfull enough for football
anywayz, now with the uni i have hardly enough free time for myself to go read a book or something >_>

mozetsu
October 20, 2006, 07:04 PM
Trust me. That thing, out of 10 average Malaysians, I bet only 5 knows about it. No publicity at all if not very little. People in Malaysia is not into bicycles. They're more into soccer, which is probably the crappiest and most troublesome sport there is in Malaysia.

I'm from Malaysia, I know the condition.

Haha.. I actually not noticing this thread at all :p
Well, let see.. sports and me has good and bad times together.

I was a national rugby player (retired because of permanent injury). I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Thailand for international matches and tournaments. They usually pwnd us. Haha... I must look up to see their faces. Haha.... I bet they were saying "Little boy!!!".... :p

I played volleyball, only managed to get to represent my school. Soccer, hhmmm...., only to district level. Not much to comment on that. I tried hockey, but sucks at it. I'm better at golf than hockey. Well, you could say that I'm hyper active in sports. Haha.... But right now, I only play futsal every now and then.

really? i know the Tour de Langkawi..i mean doesn't it appear on the headlines of the Sports section everytime it happens? I mean it IS one of the things Dr. Mahathir was pushing for to make Malaysia more well known, no?

mmm...i used to be very into football(soccer)- represented my school, i played basketball too. Dabbled abit in squash and badminton, enjoying playing touch rugby and softball, and was(and still) very into martial arts, though currently not practicing any..would really like to learn Kendo though. I think i'm probably best in swimming- represented school and was for short while in the state water polo team.

bax
October 20, 2006, 07:12 PM
really? i know the Tour de Langkawi..i mean doesn't it appear on the headlines of the Sports section everytime it happens? I mean it IS one of the things Dr. Mahathir was pushing for to make Malaysia more well known, no?

True it appears in daily newspaper, but the point is, did you read it? I for once, only follow it until the second season. No offense on that part, but they should put up more efforts into that sport.

mozetsu
October 20, 2006, 07:19 PM
mm yea true i just glanced across the headlines and proceeded to the EPL page. I guess i dont see the point it putting more effort in that sport anyway i mean its not like Malaysians are major champs in cycling. Its more of international recognition, just like F1 in Malaysia- we have the tracks then we say oh this fella is good for F!, and in we thrust Alex Yoong into F1- and se what happened to him after one season.

aniway
November 14, 2006, 06:18 AM
I love judo and after not training for a month I miss the smells of the mat and the feel of my gi on my body, and just pairing w/ female team members and grappling w/ them just thinking about make me miss it more

blasta
November 17, 2006, 11:37 PM
I like lots of sports but basketball is my fav just like it a lot and fun to watch/play. Lots of exciting young players and I love seeing nice dunks. Football is great too but I especially like watching running backs do there thing great to see! Barry Sanders! I don't like Poker just not a card player and it seems to be on one of my sports channel a lot and I hate it lol.

The Boff
November 26, 2006, 11:02 AM
ok, so ive been talking a lot about swedish rugby earlier on in this thread and now i actually found a clip
on youtube that shows this years game. I used to play for the white guys. Vallhalla Vikings.

so if youre curious just take a look here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=20cS1KVnQp0

ijoit3k
December 14, 2006, 07:21 AM
football (soccer) of course..my fav team was arsenal and france..my fav player was henry

Madel5566
December 15, 2006, 08:56 AM
My favourite sport would be Netball and volleyball.
Netball because I'm a netballer myself^^ and volleyball because it is fun.

I personally like to watch tennis and ping-pong matches

Gymnastics is the most hated sport for me. Practically because I'm bad at it and it's difficult to practice.

LadyHatake
December 15, 2006, 10:01 PM
Gymnastics is the most hated sport for me. Practically because I'm bad at it and it's difficult to practice.

I used to love gymnastics. Until I broke my foot >.> When I was ten I was a level three, almost level four, and I was practicing a front handspring dismount for my beam routine, and I ended up landing on my foot wrong and I cracked a few bones in it. >< it hurt so bad. I was in 5th grade, and I remember my crutches being a tad bit too tall for me xD

But I still love watching it. I usually watch the college meets on television and I watch it during the Olympics.

bax
December 16, 2006, 12:02 AM
Gymnastics o.O I just love to see people doing gymnastics ^^

Ever since I got this permanent injury from rugby, I stopped playing high risk sports. But currently, I'm playing futsal at the nearby futsal center. And also swimming ^^ Both are great sports.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 16, 2006, 04:16 AM
Gymnastics is one of my favourite sports to watch. I can't even begin to imagine myself doing all those moves, backflips, jumps, etc. that gymnast do.
I usually play futsal too, but currently my workout regiment consist of chewing food, a bit of walking and typing.

Madel5566
December 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
I just realised that the post above me before said his fave sport is soccer, and his fave team is Arsenal...plus France because of Henry...

That make us mates! Arsenal rocks~ Whee~

Gynmastics are fun to watch, but not really nice to practice. I almost broke my neck back there...

ijoit3k
December 16, 2006, 05:35 PM
mm yea true i just glanced across the headlines and proceeded to the EPL page. I guess i dont see the point it putting more effort in that sport anyway i mean its not like Malaysians are major champs in cycling. Its more of international recognition, just like F1 in Malaysia- we have the tracks then we say oh this fella is good for F!, and in we thrust Alex Yoong into F1- and se what happened to him after one season.

well u can see that he drive minardi at that time which is very poor car in F1, look at now at A1GP..i think he just doing great plus won both sprint and feature race at czech and now still manage to get point to close the gap between hulkenberg which is Jerman driver..

I just realised that the post above me before said his fave sport is soccer, and his fave team is Arsenal...plus France because of Henry...

That make us mates! Arsenal rocks~ Whee~

Gynmastics are fun to watch, but not really nice to practice. I almost broke my neck back there...

yes, agree Arsenal Rocks~ add u into my buddy list

Seiken
December 19, 2006, 06:41 AM
well u can see that he drive minardi at that time which is very poor car in F1, look at now at A1GP..i think he just doing great plus won both sprint and feature race at czech and now still manage to get point to close the gap between hulkenberg which is Jerman driver..

yes, agree Arsenal Rocks~ add u into my buddy list

Yay! I'm not alone! There are other Arsenal-fans here! :smile-big

juUnior
January 03, 2007, 11:33 AM
My favourite sport was table tennis, when i first encounter that when I was like 8 or so. After one play I really liked it, than love it ^^ Now i don't have time to play, but from some big holidays I play with friends :x
About doing myslef, it will be table tennis like I said xD , tennis, basketball (I like it very much) and football.
To watch it will be footbal of kors and table tennis (that super speed doubles ^^)

About table tennis? Really, i don't know.. I just maybe that when I was younger I was best, firstly in friends, than in whole school, but where I live there were nothing special clubs or whatsover to train children :/ Probably that's why i like it :D
About basketball - fast play, and of kors that you pick a ball with hands xD
About footbal - becasue it's soccer ;p

hmm probably i don;t have one..

Funniest, funniest.. For me funny look hokey on the grass.. but thats only me.

Babii-Boo
February 17, 2007, 10:02 AM
Uhm... is ice-skating cast as a sport? If not then it's soccer/football or swimming.
To watch - football/soccer.

Ice-Skating - you fall down painfully ^_^
Soccer - It's about teamwork and footwork.

Rugby, American football.

=S There's a sport that's funny?

The Boff
February 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
=S There's a sport that's funny?

curling is loads of fun when youre hungover. im all like: DOOO IITT!!!! C'MON!!! swinging my arms wildly but not understanding the rules one bit :D

miyi
March 26, 2007, 03:47 PM

My favorite sports are College/Professional Basketball, and College/Professional Football.

I'm also into Baseball, but I can't say I'm an avid baseball fan. I only pay attention to it when the season is almost over, especially the Post Season, which to me is very exciting. But I don't consider myself a beseball expert, but I know enough to participate in some sort of discussion about it.

The same applies with tennis, volleyball, boxing, and golf, I'm only fimiliar with the basics of it.

I also enjoy Futbol (Soccer), especially got into it during this recent World Cups. Soccer is relatively difficult to get into if you live in the USA, because they hardly show it on television, so there's less exposure. I'm still learning the sport, so I'm not as expert at it as I'd like to be. But there's no denying that this sport is exciting and fun to watch.

So my specialty is Basketball and American Football. I play them once in a while as a hobby, but I terribly suck at it. I was good enough to be in Varsity League basketball, but I was merely a bench/substitution player. I enjoy playing football, but my small body and lack of physical conditioning make me an unfit player.

I hate sports such as hockey, skateboarding, bicycle tricks, or whatever it's called (BMX?), figure skating, nascar racing, and a few other stuff.

The reason I dislike these sports isn't necessarily because they suck, but because I know little about them. I'm sure if I learn it, I'll appreciate them more.

And last, the funniest sport is Sumo Wrestling (no offense, I don't mean it in a bad way at all). They're just funny to watch, that's all.

PaperYomiko
March 28, 2007, 08:37 PM

My favorite sport to watch is baseball ~ it took a while for it to grow on me, I guess, but since I live in New England, it's pretty hard to avoid getting sucked into it, with the whole Red Sox - Yankee's rivalry. And I am a Red Sox fan, by the way!

I also love watching soccer (and, to all non-Americans out there, I totally agree that it's the REAL football :amuse) The world cup is the only thing that can get me to stay inside and watch tv during the summer instead of going to the beach :)

I used to play field hockey and lacrosse... now I do a lot of running, swimming and skiing ~ i love downhill skiing!!! and somehow I've managed to never break a bone...yet...

Don't really hate any sports, although I'm bothered by sports like gymnastics and skating that put ridiculous pressure on girls (and guys) for their weight and appearance. That sort of pressure can be so devastating and takes all the joy away from the sport :darn

And the funniest...would have to be curling. I've tried to understand and gain some kind of appreciation for it when the olympics are going on, but... I just don't get it. Though I can see how it might be fun when hungover...or drunk, maybe, as someone... the Boff...said

luxxifer
April 04, 2007, 07:47 PM
My favorite sport to watch is tennis and soccer, i dunno why, maybe just because i play them

I hate wrestling, no offense to those wrestlers out there, but i absolutely hate it

funniest sports........don't really know, i mean theres some weird sports out there like underwater football, but to be funny?

krazy_k
August 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
Favourite sport to play i'd say volleyball or badminton
to watch,tennis i dont't know why but i find it amusing also soccer
i have know idea why i like them, they're fun to play perhaps?
don't like to hate stuff
and ummm funniest sport has to be curling

Uchiha Slayer
September 04, 2007, 03:49 PM
I can see nobodys talked about the Michigan vs. Appilation St. game yet, so its time for me to bust it wide open...

Michigan is OUT the top 25...
First time ever a BCS team was put out the top 25 after a loss...
First time Michigan ever, looked so embarrassed after a loss...

What is college football coming to or Appilation state just that damn good.WOW

To me that loss to Appilation St. makes the Big 10 look bad, maybe thats just me.

dandy65
September 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
My favourite sport is Tennis! (rare huh :P) I like playing it competitively, socially and watching the pros play on TV! Good role model there...

I like this sport because I get to run around hitting balls xD Tennis balls, that is. Really fun to vary shots and make people run, hence one of my favourite manga The Prince of Tennis.

I hate Wrestling(the WWE/TNA sort. Arm wrestling is fine :O). It's people acting like they bash people up when they're just making sound effects. I'd call acting a sport then...The wrestlers are muscular though, body building. Worth learning.

The funniest sport is Online Gaming. We get to play and earn money at the same time! I find that funny. And fun.

pezyuan
October 23, 2007, 02:08 AM
Badminton! badminton! badminton! lol

just let yourself go and react to birds flying toward you but at the same time you need the placement to make sure your opponent will have a hard time hitting it back :D

curling... hands down XD love watching those guys with the brooms :D

Hollow Kurono
February 23, 2008, 04:16 PM
What's your favourite sport? To do yourself? To watch?:Basketball by a mile.

What do you like about this sport?:Preety much everything,i love it,i love to go at people.Goin threw defense and just i love playin it,i love to compete,i made many enemys just by playin and made some friends to,i think im realy good at it,i wouldnt change it for any sport there is.

Which sports do you hate?:Amh,dont have one,i used to have somethin against soccer but right now,i have nothin against i kinda like it in someways.

Which is the funniest,most boring sport?:Chess.

Gecko Moria
July 13, 2009, 03:31 AM
Tennis, ping pong, badminton (any racquet sport)

All racquet sports are fast-paced and require precision and skill. I love the fact there are numerous playing styles and ways to win.

Cricket (too slow sometimes), swimming (too repetitive)

Bowling (I laugh when the pros get a strike nearly every time and I gutter half the time :p)

Black Lagoon
July 14, 2009, 01:32 AM
Basketball, and to watch I think everything

Preety much everything,i love it,i love to go at people.Goin threw defense and just i love playin it,i love to compete,i made many enemys just by playin and made some friends to,i think im realy good at it,i wouldnt change it for any sport there is.
Which sports do you hate? the slowest

Which is the funniest sport? curling

Bugzee
April 13, 2010, 06:39 PM

Athletics & football to play and watch.

Football - Fun (it's never boring for me, anyway), a team game is always better imo. I love the runs and the tackles. ;) Joga Bonito all the way! :shakefist

Athletics - I love running!

Golf, Baseball, Curling (what kind of f... sport is that?) & Cricket (I can't stand it! :bored)

Curling - because it's just so pathetic to watch and play.
Sumo Wrestling - Awesomeness.

Gymnastics & Ice Skating. :D

Black Lagoon
September 05, 2010, 05:06 PM
What a tragic accident I saw today ... Moto2 rider, Shoya Tomizawa died after a crash at the San Marino Grand Prix (19 years old). :(
RIP Shoya Tomizawa

juliadesusa
December 29, 2010, 06:26 AM
my favourite sport is football,I want to like to watch it,The main thing in the sport is that you can make your body active for every work.And Football is the sport by which you can get more exercise from it.I like it very much.

rudorofu
January 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mainly play tennis and badminton both recreationally and competitively :P I'd say I'm the type of person who can play all sports, but some better than others. I realized I have a thing for racquet sports when I first started getting tennis lessons and then played badminton on the streets with a friend; ping pong I play from time-to-time. The only racquet sport aside from those I'd like to try and play is squash :3 Tennis is the only sport I watch being that Roger Federer is my favourite athlete ^^ Sports that I hate: baseball and football :x Funniest sport...Not entirely sure, but I want to say golf or something :S

Schabrak
February 12, 2013, 08:54 AM
Just read that wrestling is to be removed from the summer olympics by 2020... I don't understand what was going on when the committee had come to that decision. "Let's take away one of the first games of the olympics. :3c"

goldb
February 16, 2013, 05:36 AM
There's a reprieve in September but it's unlikely they will overturn the decision. I believe it was mentioned about it being dropped before, for 2012 or 2016; just can't find the article anymore, but I'm pretty sure about it. It was at the same time reviews of the events were being discussed.

It's a shame to get rid of such a sport, I'll have to read the full article to find out the exact reason the executive board have given behind their decision. I personally think there are "lesser" sports/events that they could be rid of...

Zehahaha
February 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
Is there anyone who lifts in here ? Powerlifting or Bodybuilding

Schabrak
February 23, 2013, 07:18 AM
I do, at first to strengthen my back after some nice time with lumbago, now I'm going three times a week for the aesthetics and to stay fit. It's a breast/trizeps, shoulder/back, leg split.

Zehahaha
February 23, 2013, 06:27 PM
I do, at first to strengthen my back after some nice time with lumbago, now I'm going three times a week for the aesthetics and to stay fit. It's a breast/trizeps, shoulder/back, leg split.

What's your stats ? (For squats, deadlift, OHP and benchpress)

Schabrak
February 24, 2013, 06:53 AM
Benchpress is stuck at 70kg, squats are around 80kg, while deadlift is at 75-80kg, depends on my wrist's state for the day. Not doing OHP and don't really intend to with that split. Got a new PR for leg press with 240kg X 8 reps though and some massive calves at that. :P

I don't do starting strength, if that's asked.

Zehahaha
February 24, 2013, 09:40 AM
Benchpress is stuck at 70kg, squats are around 80kg, while deadlift is at 75-80kg, depends on my wrist's state for the day. Not doing OHP and don't really intend to with that split. Got a new PR for leg press with 240kg X 8 reps though and some massive calves at that. :P

I don't do starting strength, if that's asked.

SS + GOMAD is like asking for being fat
SS is a good routine if your goal is powerlifting anyway

But eh, as long as you eat and do your compounds, you're doing good

My stats here

Benchpress : 120 kg
Squats : 100 kg (was close to end up into T-Rex mode, had to stop going heavy for squats)
Deadlift : 160 kg
OHP : 60 kg

OHP sucks big time hehe

Schabrak
February 24, 2013, 11:48 AM
Oh those mighty quads, gone the thin road only to end up big again. But I would rather miss something else than miss the leg day. I wonder if I should try less reps on the deadlift for more weight. Damn wrist is to weak. :/

I'm doing this for far to long to go SS now though, don't want to bulk big just to see gains.

Zehahaha
February 24, 2013, 12:16 PM
Oh those mighty quads, gone the thin road only to end up big again. But I would rather miss something else than miss the leg day. I wonder if I should try less reps on the deadlift for more weight. Damn wrist is to weak. :/

I'm doing this for far to long to go SS now though, don't want to bulk big just to see gains.

For deadlifts I always do 2 warm up sets, and then do 1x5 with max weight

Yeah the Quads are troublesome, had to change nearly 4 pants because they got bigger, but I like it, gotta love it when girls notice those solid glutes

Usually for the compounds, I just do 5x5 (except deadlifts), and for isolations do 3x8, worked nice for me so far

Doraku
November 12, 2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone loves Chess here? Avinand - Carlsen game was intense.

xi0
November 12, 2013, 07:32 PM
I actually saw that it was being broadcasted on Twitch.tv, but while playing Chess can be fun, I'm not sure about watching it :XD

Schabrak
November 12, 2013, 07:51 PM
He was happy to have survived. ^^

There are four or so more matches left, right?

Doraku
November 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
I actually saw that it was being broadcasted on Twitch.tv, but while playing Chess can be fun, I'm not sure about watching it :XD

Oh it was? I don't know how it works on Twitch though, I saw it on different website. They have commentaries and then some, and to be honest watching a Chess match is not as dull as some people think.

xi0
November 12, 2013, 10:22 PM
Oh it was? I don't know how it works on Twitch though, I saw it on different website. They have commentaries and then some, and to be honest watching a Chess match is not as dull as some people think.

They had all that. Well, I didn't watch it for long...

Doraku
November 13, 2013, 04:37 AM
They had all that. Well, I didn't watch it for long...

Funny that I came across this article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-24904517). :XD Oh well, maybe I'm the weird one.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

He was happy to have survived. ^^

There are four or so more matches left, right?

I'm not too sure. I saw somewhere it's suppose to be 12 rounds.

Hakuteiken
November 13, 2013, 04:53 AM

It's the same as watching a Snooker match for me. Without focus, it might kill you from boredom. With focus, it can get pretty exciting. I watched the Candidates Tournament matches before and it was thrilling towards the end.

Doraku
November 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
It's the same as watching a Snooker match for me. Without focus, it might kill you from boredom. With focus, it can get pretty exciting. I watched the Candidates Tournament matches before and it was thrilling towards the end.

It requires constant focus, but even without putting your tryhard pants on, it's still fun figuring out what the next move is going to be. I don't know jack about Snooker, so probably I'll say the same thing if I watch one.

Hakuteiken
November 13, 2013, 06:39 PM
It requires constant focus, but even without putting your tryhard pants on, it's still fun figuring out what the next move is going to be. I don't know jack about Snooker, so probably I'll say the same thing if I watch one.

Yeah, I know. I didn't mean as trying that hard, either. But this isn't something like soccer you can glance from time to time.
Snooker is considered like "chess of the billiards", since it's highly strategy involving. I'd recommend it to everyone who doesn't know the sport.

Hardy
June 16, 2014, 07:43 AM
This thread is dead, but I dunno where to post this.

Schumi is out of coma (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-16/schumacher-out-of-coma2c-leaves-hospital/5527892), yay :zomg

zelllogan
June 19, 2014, 12:31 PM
This thread is dead, but I dunno where to post this.

Schumi is out of coma (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-16/schumacher-out-of-coma2c-leaves-hospital/5527892), yay :zomg
I don't take this as a good news. Such a champion basically resumed to a speachless vegetable, I really think it who be better for him to be dead. Both for him and his family. Now, if he has a chance to get back a normal life, it could be worth it but I doubt it.

goldb
June 22, 2014, 03:52 AM
Can't believe it's been half a year already.

Doctors say he'll always be dependent on others and an "invalid". It could take him months to learn how to string basic phrases together, I guess. It's amazing news that's woken up, but the longer youre in a coma, the less likely you are to lead a normal life again.