PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 262 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21
February 08, 2007, 08:15 AM
262. Unbendable

Well, I bet no one saw THAT coming.

We started out with Chad getting the shaft from Kubo again, with the very first page showing Noritora’s scythe slashing through him and the Right Arm rather effortlessly (so much for “the power to defend”, eh, Kubo?). But when you look at Chad’s fight record, it’s not really that surprising. If he were a boxer with that many losses, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have retired yet.

Next, Ulquiorra reminded us how heartless of a bastard he is, basically saying that he doesn’t get why Orihime would worry about such weak friends if they obviously had no chance. I highly doubt that Orihime expected him to give her any sympathy, as he claimed, but he (and Kubo) probably just wanted to make sure.

I’m glad that Orihime smacked him; he was asking for it. She can only be so nice.

But of course, the star of the chapter was A’Roniro—or should I say “Kaien”?

Obviously, the most important question right now is “Is he or isn’t he?” Because if he is, then I’ll bet money that he isn’t going to be beaten in this arc, especially by Rukia. That’d be as random as making Isshin a Shinigami or giving Ikkaku Bankai—awesome but completely random plot twists that were probably first revealed only to buy time and rally the fans. If not, then he’s probably a mind-reading shape-shifter, as many in the spoilers thread suggested. But then that begs the question—how could someone with such a potent ability and obvious strength (he does Shunpo like Byakuya) only be ranked 9th?

Personally, I don’t think his colloquial way of speaking to Rukia was any indication for either side. It would still make sense either way. In any event, that makes him the most interesting Arrancar we’ve seen yet (and yes, that includes Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Luppi, HAG, et al.).

It’s certainly made the arc much more interesting.

Rating – 4.5/5

Ulquiorra getting bitch slapped by Orihime and “Kaien” being an Espada? Yes, please.

sahugani
February 08, 2007, 11:37 AM
beautiful review as always. all of your points ring completely true. as to the whole issue of beating Rukia during this arc, i've got a new idea on his future as it applies to my grand scheme theory for the arc. i believe that Tousen will be taken down at the end of this arc (partially due to Wanderweiss, but that's a whole theory in its own right) so i think that at the arcs end, Kaien will take his place as Aizen, Ichimaru, and Kaien ascend to start the next major arc as it relates to the royal key and family.

i've got to thank you for urging me to get in on this. I always find it fun to read educated analysis and now i'm one of the educated analyzers

gigantor21
February 08, 2007, 11:52 AM
beautiful review as always. all of your points ring completely true. as to the whole issue of beating Rukia during this arc, i've got a new idea on his future as it applies to my grand scheme theory for the arc. i believe that Tousen will be taken down at the end of this arc (partially due to Wanderweiss, but that's a whole theory in its own right) so i think that at the arcs end, Kaien will take his place as Aizen, Ichimaru, and Kaien ascend to start the next major arc as it relates to the royal key and family.

i've got to thank you for urging me to get in on this. I always find it fun to read educated analysis and now i'm one of the educated analyzers

You're welcome. Personally, I think yours was better, which is why I'm glad you're here.

As for Kaien, that may be the case. The only reason Aizen recruited Tousen is because his blindness (ironically enough) is the only 100% foolproof defense against Kyouka Suigetsu's hypnosis. But what I can't think of is why Aizen would've recruited Kaien in the first place.

My only guess would be that the Noble Families are more closely affilated to the Spirit King than the Gotei 13, and the elders might know where the Ou Ken is located, too. So having a subordinate in a Noble Family with access to that info would've been vital if that were the case. But that's based on several assumtions:

- That A'rondiro is Kaien, and that Kaien willing joined forces with Aizen.
- That the Noble Families know more about the Royal Family than Gotei 13.
- That Kaien was the successor to the Shiba Family, and would've received that information.
- That Kaien had already recieved that info before he faked his death.
- That it was possible for Aizen's experimental Hollow to awaken Kaien's hollow, and Aizen knew it.
- That Kaien, if not all Shinigami, have inner Hollows.

I think there are too many unexplained points in the series to say that for sure. But what the hell? It's just a theory.

sahugani
February 08, 2007, 11:59 AM
regarding Tousen, at some point i'll put down my whole theory regarding Tousen and Wanderweiss's futures in the biblioteca cause its one of my more intricate theories

regarding Kaien's recruitment, if his memory is intact, i think that Aizen would have a bigger reason to recruit him for the fact that he was the 13th division vice-captain than the noble family angle. information about the royal key is passed on by Division 13 captains. As Ukitake was in bad health and trysted many of his affairs to Kaien, he may have stumbled upon that information and given it to Aizen

gigantor21
February 08, 2007, 12:13 PM
regarding Kaien's recruitment, if his memory is intact, i think that Aizen would have a bigger reason to recruit him for the fact that he was the 13th division vice-captain than the noble family angle. information about the royal key is passed on by Division 13 captains. As Ukitake was in bad health and trysted many of his affairs to Kaien, he may have stumbled upon that information and given it to Aizen

Yeah, maybe...but considering the fact that Yamamoto specified captains, I think he would've only told Ukitake. But then again, Ukitake does care for his subordinates more than the rules in Soul Society--he proved that when he tried to stop the execution with Shunsui. So that could just be another venue through which Aizen manipulated Soul Society through his subordinates.

juUnior
February 09, 2007, 07:19 AM
Nice review, as alwaws, Gigantor :D

We started out with Chad getting the shaft from Kubo again, with the very first page showing Noritora’s scythe slashing through him and the Right Arm rather effortlessly (so much for “the power to defend”, eh, Kubo?).

The first moment, and first moment that I was wrong with that blood. I was hoping so much that the blood is from Noitora. Now, if defend power of Chado was cut be swordi thing of Noitora, I think that for espada arrancars, that type of defend is rather pure.. or maybe Chad was wron out, which I dont fit in it actually. Chad was beaten by one of the slash, and thats it.

Next, Ulquiorra reminded us how heartless of a bastard he is,

I like him even greater hyhy :D

I’m glad that Orihime smacked him; he was asking for it.

Orihime surprised me with that ^^

But the best thing was when Ulquiorra said, that he will "give" her food haha xD

About Kaien looking arrancar. I'm with that he is not Kaien, but it;'s ability of the arrancar. Or I'm hoping for that. If this is Kaien (or hollow which devours Kaien) than it would be for me not interesting, because I liked how it ended, when real Kaien was killed in the hands of Rukia. SO it's only my opinion on that fact.

For me chapter would be 4/5.

gigantor21
February 09, 2007, 09:29 AM
Nice review, as alwaws, Gigantor :D

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it.

The first moment, and first moment that I was wrong with that blood. I was hoping so much that the blood is from Noitora. Now, if defend power of Chado was cut be swordi thing of Noitora, I think that for espada arrancars, that type of defend is rather pure.. or maybe Chad was wron out, which I dont fit in it actually. Chad was beaten by one of the slash, and thats it.

I'm sure all of us hoped that it wasn't Chad's blood. But as Sahugani said in his review, many of us were just fooling ourselves, myself included. Hopefully, Chad'll pay back both him and Yammi after he "levels up" again.

About Kaien looking arrancar. I'm with that he is not Kaien, but it;'s ability of the arrancar. Or I'm hoping for that. If this is Kaien (or hollow which devours Kaien) than it would be for me not interesting, because I liked how it ended, when real Kaien was killed in the hands of Rukia. SO it's only my opinion on that fact.

Fair enough. Personally, I'm not arguing it either way until Kubo tells us, but it's just as reasonable to assume one way or the other at this point--especially if you think it'd be better for the story.

For me chapter would be 4/5.

Aww, why not 4.5? This was the first chapter in a while that threw everyone for a loop AND might have very important implications for a main character's role in the story (if it is Kaien).

Then again, it is your opinion, not mine.

alekosss_kenpachi
February 12, 2007, 12:57 PM
I didn't know such a thread existed..I really liked the last chapter!It has been a long time since a chapter excited me!

As for Chad beaten it was only SUPER natural...It would be way too lame for him to be on par with an espada..It is too early for the strong espadas to be beaten especially by Chad.

As for Kaien i think that he is really Kaien.Instict.We will see.
""think i am gonna hang out more in this thread from now on"" :)

gigantor21
February 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't know such a thread existed..I really liked the last chapter!It has been a long time since a chapter excited me!

As for Chad beaten it was only SUPER natural...It would be way too lame for him to be on par with an espada..It is too early for the strong espadas to be beaten especially by Chad.

As for Kaien i think that he is really Kaien.Instict.We will see.
""think i am gonna hang out more in this thread from now on"" :)

YOU HAD NO IDEA AT ALL!? THAT'S CRAZY!!!

Seriously, though, I'm glad to have new people posting in one of these things, so the more the merrier.

In regards to Chad, I wasn't expecting him to be at Espada level when Ichigo and Ishida aren't. But I also wasn't expecting him to get his ass stomped in the first page of the chapter after we see him use the Left Arm for the first time. I just wish that there had been some sort of delay.

As for "Kaien", I'm not sure about how I'd feel if he were legit. Consider Grand Fisher--he was the first Hollow that Ichigo couldn't beat, his mother's killer, and the first Arrancar we saw in a fight. Despite all the potential that Kubo could've taken with him, he ended up being cannon fodder for Isshin to reveal his Shinigami powers. Maybe it was how Kubo executed it or the fact that Ichigo didn't get his rematch, but it seemed like such a waste of a character rich with potential for the story.

If "Kaien" ends up being like that, then I don't want it to really be him.

alekosss_kenpachi
February 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
The fact is that 90% Aroniro is Kaien..it makes preety much sense..when he encountered Rukia he was no hostile towards her which indicates he is her friend.It cannot be explained otherwise..An enemy comes in ur territory and u just talk with him???It just can't be!!

I dont think so iKaien or A'roniro will play that kind of role..I mean wtf?Who could pawn him that way?I think that ever for Ichigo vizard mode he could be a formiddable opponent!!
But who knows maybe Yama-jin comes and releases Ryoujin Jakka and>>>>>Kaien pawned.

gigantor21
February 13, 2007, 12:59 PM
The fact is that 90% Aroniro is Kaien..it makes preety much sense..when he encountered Rukia he was no hostile towards her which indicates he is her friend.It cannot be explained otherwise..An enemy comes in ur territory and u just talk with him???It just can't be!!

Well, if he could read her mind and form Kaien's face, then it could easily just be a part of the act. That's why I didn't think the way he spoke to her meant anything, especially if he didn't say he was Kaien, or throw down some generic shonen line like "It's been a long time...Rukia."

alekosss_kenpachi
February 13, 2007, 01:25 PM
hm u have a point there but i do not understand why would he have to do that?I mean c'mon Rukia is just a pawn in front of an espada..He moved behind her and never saw that..There is no reason for him to try and decieve her.!!
Actually i think that Kubo purposely did not clear to us if he is really Kaien or not in order to keep us in agony!!!

gigantor21
February 13, 2007, 01:36 PM
hm u have a point there but i do not understand why would he have to do that?I mean c'mon Rukia is just a pawn in front of an espada..He moved behind her and never saw that..There is no reason for him to try and decieve her.!!
Actually i think that Kubo purposely did not clear to us if he is really Kaien or not in order to keep us in agony!!!

Yeah, Kubo does that pretty often...

And looking at it from the angle of "Kaien" being a fake, he could use it as a way to infiltrate Soul Society by lying and saying that he faked his death in order to find out who had made the hollow that "killed" him, and didn't want to worry her and Ukitake by doing it while still a Shinigami.

After all, it's like you said--A'Roniro could've easily pulled a Byakuya, and killed Rukia then and there. The fact that he didn't do it means that he is Kaien, ot that he's planning on manipulating Rukia into letting him into Soul Society by pretending he's Kaien. I'm sure that he could pull it off, since Aizen had already develpoed a method for Hollows to seal their spirit energy--and since no one in the real world detected Grimmjow and company when they first came to Earth, I'll bet they can use it. That's just my speculation, though.

kiddo7
February 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
I actually was not surprised at all that he never attacked rukia. What should have been more surprising is that Noitora attacked chad!
Remember the scene where Grimjow volunteered to kill the intruders? Aizen spirit-pwnd him in front of every one. You would think that they all got the message that he does not want anyone to fight them until further notice. After that little incident the kaien wannabe's actions make more sense. even ulquiora said to orihime that Noitora acted outside of aizens orders and i think he even refered to him as a fool.

gigantor21
February 13, 2007, 04:35 PM
I actually was not surprised at all that he never attacked rukia. What should have been more surprising is that Noitora attacked chad!
Remember the scene where Grimjow volunteered to kill the intruders? Aizen spirit-pwnd him in front of every one. You would think that they all got the message that he does not want anyone to fight them until further notice. After that little incident the kaien wannabe's actions make more sense. even ulquiora said to orihime that Noitora acted outside of aizens orders and i think he even refered to him as a fool.

You're absolutely right. But to be honest, I don't think Aizen really gives a shit--if anything, he'll just use it as an excuse to screw around with the Espada some more, since he's probably WAY stronger than even #1 (who I'm sure is Ulquiorra, but that's another story). Like Gin and Ulquiorra have said, this entire arc has simply been a game to him--to quote Ulquiorra directly (from M7's scanlation):

"To Aizen-Sama, all this is merely child's play. If it works out, fine. If not, still fine."

So when Ulquiorra criticized Noritora, I think it was more due to his loyalty to Aizen than to his faith in Aizen's goals. That may sound contradictory, but that's how I interpreted it.

Athena
February 13, 2007, 11:03 PM
as always happy to read your reviews :)

i didn't have time to write anything this week so what i wanted to say in the review, i'll ask here; it's about this picture:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1449/bleach26204gd5.jpg

why is ichigo in his shikai form? didn't he talk about how stupid he was for not going Bankai in the first place and putting the life of Nell in danger? where did all that go suddenly?!?! espadas are fast, damn fast, does he think he can easily avoid the first attack in his shikai form?
Duh!

Inana

kiddo7
February 14, 2007, 01:09 AM
I kinda feel like he actually has a limit to how long he can stay in his bankai.
I know there is absolutely nothing in the manga that would suggest this but it would seem to mee like staying in bankai takes some amount of energy and that he reverts to shikai to conserve that energy for later use.

entirely crackhead theory,
entirely mine.

gigantor21
February 14, 2007, 09:35 AM
I kinda feel like he actually has a limit to how long he can stay in his bankai.
I know there is absolutely nothing in the manga that would suggest this but it would seem to mee like staying in bankai takes some amount of energy and that he reverts to shikai to conserve that energy for later use.

entirely crackhead theory,
entirely mine.

Makes perfect sense to me. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Ichigo could stay in Bankai all the time and always have quick access to the mask if he needs it. I think that might end up being a side effect when he masters the use of his mask (since it bucks the rules of Shinigami power as it is), but that's just more speculation.

And you aren't doing a full review, inana!? WHY!?

Navarr0Newton
February 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Ichigo could stay in Bankai all the time and always have quick access to the mask if he needs it. I think that might end up being a side effect when he masters the use of his mask (since it bucks the rules of Shinigami power as it is), but that's just more speculation.

And you aren't doing a full review, inana!? WHY!?

DONT U GUYS REMEMBER THAT ICHIGO`S bANKAI DAMAGES HIS ODY BADLY.i mean wen he was fighting byakuya he though byakuya was going faster wen in fact he was going slower.his hollow side came out and laffed at him for gtting so beat up by his own Bankai .so i wud think that maybe he still doesnt know everything sbout the bankai and has 2 be careful so that his bones arent broken ,muscles torn or a massive loss in spiritual power.

gigantor21
February 14, 2007, 06:24 PM
DONT U GUYS REMEMBER THAT ICHIGO`S bANKAI DAMAGES HIS ODY BADLY.i mean wen he was fighting byakuya he though byakuya was going faster wen in fact he was going slower.his hollow side came out and laffed at him for gtting so beat up by his own Bankai .so i wud think that maybe he still doesnt know everything sbout the bankai and has 2 be careful so that his bones arent broken ,muscles torn or a massive loss in spiritual power.

You're absolutely right. But tha has been far less of a problem since he got back from Soul Society--before he trained with the Vaizards, the only real issue was that his Hollow powers spilled out more and more the longer he stayed in Bankai. Now, it looks like using the mask takes a much greater toll on him, since he didn't show any signs of fatigue until he used it against Doldooni. So it's not as big a deal now.