PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing GTO and GTO - Shonan 14 Days by Fujisawa Tohru

Epul
February 14, 2007, 05:32 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/pandoraliz/MH/MH%20Shounen/cover_gto.gif

GTO
By: Fujisawa Tohru (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=756)
Genre: Comedy, Delinquent, School Life, Classic
Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Magazine
Mangaupdates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=185)

I like this manga a lot. So I've decided to start a thread for this manga since MH still doesn't have one. This shonen manga is created by Tohru Fujisawa. This manga is very very popular. I mean aside from the manga, there is anime based on the manga and even a drama was made based on the manga! The popularity of this manga can rival even Naruto and One Piece.

The story is about an ex-biker/gangster/loser/playboy who has a goal to become the greatest teacher in japan. Given his background it is almost impossible for him to be a good teacher hence to even be employed as a teacher. He somehow managed to become a teacher(read the manga for further info :p) and his first assignment is to take care of a 'problematic' class which is full of trouble makers. In order to gain respect from his student he uses many unconventional methods to deal with his students.

If you haven't read this manga, you should cuz it is one of THE BEST manga ever made! seriously! If you don't believe me try reading a few chapters. you won't be disappointed.
[hr]
http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-covers/2854.png

GTO: Shonan 14 Days
By: Fujisawa Tohru (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=756)
Genre: Comedy, Delinquent, School Life
Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Magazine
Mangaupdates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44731)

Follow the mysterious adventures of Eikichi Onizuka for 14 days when he returns in Shonan and faces misfit children of a juvenile care facility.

phoenixz
April 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
yep i wud agree with ya, this manga is definitely one of the top rankin/best manga ive ever seen :D so read it ppl!

erikrhys
April 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
this manga can be pretty strange at times, but is still funnny as hell to read. It is one of the few mangas i have ever read to make me actually laugh out loud. I would reccomend this manga to anyone who hasnt read it and wants to see a classic. Also i suject seeing the anime, just as funny, and good voice acting. 9/10 stars ^0^

Epul
April 12, 2007, 08:02 PM
This manga is not just funny, it is can also be heart warming since it teaches a bit about human compassion, the reality of life and also friendship.

Sorata
April 14, 2007, 06:26 PM
I agree GTO is a must read, i rate him 9/10 too(i only rate Berserk 10/10), this manga is great and isn´t just funny, it teaches a lot of things about life.
And you don´t need to read just a few chapters to be addicted, it´s a great manga(and anime) since the beggining.

yoniekai
May 03, 2007, 10:51 AM
this is like a once in a lifetime series... reading the synopsis would get you addicted immediately. the plot is so addicting, the characters all lovable. plus the author is so well informed, like many allusions and mentions to a lot of aspects of pop culture and the like... after the urumi miyabi drama it got kinda predictable and the plot a little different but yeah, definitely on the top of my favorite mangas. 10/10 (one piece is 11/10 :))

unal34
October 01, 2007, 09:48 AM
ok im at 43 episode I wanna start the manga from what chapter should I start? uper 43 episod?

Epul
October 01, 2007, 11:12 AM
I suggest if you wanna read the manga, you should start from the beginning. Cause there's a couple of things that are different in the anime than in the manga.

Sorata
October 01, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, the manga is very different from the anime, they are both great bit different, you should start reading from the beggining.

rtyd1
October 05, 2007, 05:15 PM
Great manga but the ending was poor in my opinion. What kind of things are different in the anime

Epul
October 06, 2007, 02:28 AM
exactly. The ending in the anime is pretty lame i would say but the mang has more satisfying ending. Moreover the story in the manga goes beyong the one in the anime.

rtyd1
October 07, 2007, 05:32 PM
where does the anime end

yoniekai
October 07, 2007, 07:09 PM
the last episode of the anime is the miyabi the killer part, just right after okinawa. this part is not in the manga. so the anime stopped following the plot after the okinawa arc.

terrorei
October 20, 2007, 05:06 PM
After I have seen the Anime GTO and I hat lots of fun watching I got interested of the beginning Story of Onizuka so is here anyone who has a clue where I can get GTO: The Early Years?

Sorata
October 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
http://the-evil-empire.net/index.php?act=fsystem&cat=0
or
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/serieslist/

First read Bad Company,then Shounan Ju´nai Gumi and then GTO(very different from the anime). Enjoy:)

yoniekai
October 21, 2007, 12:01 AM
chronologically published its shounan > bad company > gto, but the shounan scanlations are only up to a few volumes

terrorei
October 21, 2007, 03:19 PM
Are there any Websites where I don't have to make a regestration?

rtyd1
December 02, 2007, 03:15 PM
Just register its not difficult, doesnt cost money
You could use #lurk but you have to register your name on the server

Epul
December 03, 2007, 03:58 AM
@terrorei- you can also try:
www.stoptazmo.com
or
www.realitylapse.com/pages/selectmanga.php

Mr. T
January 19, 2008, 09:01 AM
At which chapter does Shounan Jun'ai Gumi end? @ stoptazmo.com it goes only up to chapter 65.
I heard that Shounan [...] has 31 Volumes. Is that right?

Thanx in advance

Sorata
January 19, 2008, 04:16 PM
At which chapter does Shounan Jun'ai Gumi end? @ stoptazmo.com it goes only up to chapter 65.
I heard that Shounan [...] has 31 Volumes. Is that right?

Thanx in advance

Yes it´s true, Shonan Ju´nai Gumi has 31 volumes, only 7 are scanlater:(, or you bie the american ediction or wait for Illuminati scanlations.

maraxusofk
September 29, 2008, 02:49 AM
the first time i read GTO, i was in such awes that to this day it is the only manga i have ever rated as 10/10 because it truly has everything. anyway, when i reread it after i read thru shonen junai gumi, i found out that i missed alot of references to characters. ppl who played huge parts in the manga were alluded to throughout GTO, so reading shonen before GTO defintely enhances the experience. ppl like abe and matoko get references!

Unholy
October 05, 2008, 05:56 PM
It is in fact a master piece, onizuka is mostly an idiot that makes u laught but when the time comes he always does and says the right thing.The ending was not all that great i wasent all happy with it the author could have done a better ending but it was still good.The only things that bothered me about the manga is how the students got away with whatever they did no matter how horrible with just a little talk, like myiayu and sho, the girl fucked the whole class plus her teacher and nothing happened to her (suicide is just easy way out it dosent count as punishment), the guy was even worse he tried to kill onizuka with hundreads of people as witness, he shoot a police officer and burn down the school and he got away with it.I dunno maybe im a bad person but i wanted to see the bad guys get a worse punishment.I also wanted to see onizuka ending up with someone maybe urumi but the author never really gave romance a big whole on the story.

GGpX
May 30, 2009, 05:46 AM
Bump to celebrate the return of GTO in Weekly Shounen Magazine.

Meromorphe
May 30, 2009, 07:30 AM
OMG, that's what I call big news.
I try to read some other works of Fujisawa Tohru (shonan Gumi, Tokko, Hip Hop Rose, Kamen Teacher) and I am convinced he was in a state of grace when writing GTO. Other works are rather average imho.
So, I have good hopes, but I am also afraid.

Sorata
May 30, 2009, 07:54 AM

Are you serious????????????

Firebird
May 30, 2009, 11:50 AM
Are you serious????????????

Yeah. Read this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-30/gto/shonan-14-days-marks-return-of-great-teacher-onizuka

Sorata
May 30, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah. Read this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-30/gto/shonan-14-days-marks-return-of-great-teacher-onizuka

Who this is the biggest manga news of the year, the only thing that can topple this is if Inoue sensei decides to continue Slam Dunk.

Firebird
June 08, 2009, 04:34 PM
First spoilers:
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1741/gtorestartsharuhiitasha.jpg

Sanzoku_Densetsu
June 09, 2009, 01:04 AM
Has anyone put their hand up to scanlate this yet?

Name-Undecided
June 09, 2009, 05:03 PM
Amazing, a "sequel" after all these years. It's just a side-story but it's still pretty entertaining. I hope it runs for a while longer, I haven't quite had enough of Onizuka yet.

Meriken
June 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
Is there demand for this? I was thinking about translating this (the first raw is up) but I didn't bother.

Name-Undecided
June 11, 2009, 03:38 AM
Reaction has been rather subdued, but that shouldn't be the determining factor. If you like GTO and want to work on it, why not?

EDIT: Okay, I googled my way to a couple of translations which seem pretty accurate (http://www.onibakubanzai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3368). Without doing a comparison with the raw I can't say for sure. Hope someone decides to edit and share the love.

Kuthrow
June 11, 2009, 08:20 PM
Has anyone put their hand up to scanlate this yet?

If no one else does, I'll be working on it when I find some time...

*Contemplates quitting his job so he has more time for Id, SJG & New GTO*

Skrymir
June 14, 2009, 12:20 AM
I don't know who the scanlators are, but here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1zohzzv5tad

This chapter has renewed my love for Urumi.

Sorata
June 14, 2009, 09:30 AM
I don't know who the scanlators are, but here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1zohzzv5tad

This chapter has renewed my love for Urumi.

Just read the chapter. Onizuka continues as awesome as ever :)

SuicideNote
June 14, 2009, 11:29 AM
finally a comeback for our beloved naughty teacher . .i''ve fall in love with this manga from the first time i read it when i was in form 1 , glad to read this manga again. .hope it will have more - and more chapter. .
my personal favorite character is kanzaki , and i notice that she like onizuka? i hope that they will get intimate soon LOLS!
cant with for the next release . .hope it will be out soon muahahaha

MaZe
June 14, 2009, 05:58 PM
I am so glad to see this I just finish GTO a few weeks ago and feel in love with it, It was much better then the anime.

SuicideNote
June 14, 2009, 09:09 PM
I am so glad to see this I just finish GTO a few weeks ago and feel in love with it, It was much better then the anime.

yea that's true. .the manga show's more perverted scene right? lols
i have the same thought like you , the manga version is definitely more interesting than the anime. .when the anime release i was hoping that it will be more like the manga version but it's not. .just like naruto the anime version have more plot than the manga itself .

Onomatopoeia
June 16, 2009, 06:24 PM
Finished both of the previous installments of GTO a few weeks ago so I'm definitely excited for this new one.

In fact going to read the first chapter now.

vSe7en
June 17, 2009, 12:29 AM
I was so lucky to found this today lol.
big fan of Onizuka -GTO- and his bad company/ shounan gumi. x]
if any of you guys have time, please subb this ;P.
^_^

MaZe
June 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
yea that's true. .the manga show's more perverted scene right? lols
i have the same thought like you , the manga version is definitely more interesting than the anime. .when the anime release i was hoping that it will be more like the manga version but it's not. .just like naruto the anime version have more plot than the manga itself .
Well I saw the anime first so I didn't know that there was a diffrence but I like the manga because they have the whole mayu,yuki and angel incident and they add more to urumi then the anime does

Moogle Mango
June 18, 2009, 07:01 PM
I love GTO! Best series ever!

But one thing that I am curious is its setting. It is said to be after Teshigawara shot Onizuka. So this is before the Angels' arc with Daimon?

Name-Undecided
June 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
I enjoyed it so much I read the raw, then I read the English version, and now I'm reading the French version. :p I'm already eager to read chapter 3.

Meromorphe
June 23, 2009, 03:23 PM
Is there demand for this? I was thinking about translating this (the first raw is up) but I didn't bother.
The first english scan on MH was rather successful (50 thanks), so there is a public that will read scans.

I read the first chapter. At the end of the chapter I found Onizuka's epicness again. there were also funny moments, but the re-introductions of the other characters were based only on some clichés about them (the scene with Kanzaki for example).
I did not find the flow of dialogues very good. Not as witty as it should be.
I think the scenario will work and the situations of the children or the way Onizuka will help them won't be too stereotyped or at least will be diligently tackled without easy shortcut.

I will continue to read it until the end, it is Onizuka after all :o

PS: Best cross-over ever in the color page.

Name-Undecided
July 01, 2009, 02:48 PM
Looks like Onizuka is going to get beaten up every single day for all 14 days.

Epul
July 06, 2009, 07:14 AM
WOW!!! I just found out about this!! Yaay!! :jbya I'm gonna go download now!!!

btw, thanks meromorphe for updating this thread!! :worship

shouryuujo
July 06, 2009, 01:51 PM
if i were onizuka i def. take up on Urumi's offer :). Well after shes done with school of course

Epul
July 07, 2009, 06:41 AM
You can't shouryuujo.... she's a minor....... you can get arrested for that.....XD

shouryuujo
July 07, 2009, 08:20 AM
You can't shouryuujo.... she's a minor....... you can get arrested for that.....XD

thats why after she finishes school :). But yeah it is so sad onizuka still a V... well in the drama he solved the problem...

Skrymir
July 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
Well, in the current series, Onizuka has yet to solve Miyabi's problems, so he might've gotten some after rebirthing.

boemshiika
July 17, 2009, 08:44 AM
hilarious as ever, but i still don't know where he gets the patience to deal with these spoiled brats i'd have taken them hostage on day 1.

hope the story reaches 50 chapters at least.

YanDaMan
July 25, 2009, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know how often chapters get released? Still waiting for chapter 7 after 2 weeks of the first 6 chapters.

Name-Undecided
July 27, 2009, 04:43 PM
No chapter 7 last week, author was on break. Next chapter should be out this week.

YanDaMan
July 28, 2009, 08:07 PM
So are these chapters weekly or bi-weekly? Also what days are they usually out? Thursday like bleach/naruto and them?

Name-Undecided
July 30, 2009, 04:35 PM
Weekly, dunno which day it comes out.

Helltroll
December 10, 2009, 03:08 AM
Chapter 17 (http://www.onemanga.com/GTO_-_Shonan_14_Days/)

Can anyone privide me with DDL links for the english scans of 17? i only find french ones :(

jacknkh
December 11, 2009, 09:18 AM
Btw, u guys know where i can get a decent quality if raw of this manga?

Knicky
January 19, 2010, 01:24 AM
This is probably the exact wrong place to post this but I'm at work and having trouble with the website.

Does anybody have the raws for GTO Shonan 14 days?

I'm working my way through translating the first volume right now so...

Cheers.

WordlessDemon
November 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
One of the best manga ever, it has that somthing that doesn't let you drop it, it has enough fights and humor and some echi. I thinks it's really amazing. The 14 shonan days let me down a bit because it isn't so hilarious like the the first one