PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 218 Discussion [Bleach]

Galth
March 02, 2006, 03:24 PM
The 217 Goodies can be found here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1689.0

Predict away! :amuse

Fortisdiablos
March 02, 2006, 04:15 PM
Hmmm, it seems the prediction of Ichigo fighting Hichigo came true after all, or so it seems. I guess we'll just see more of this fight along with Chad's and Ishida's training. Maybe we'll catch a glimse of what Aizen is planning next as well?

Galth
March 02, 2006, 04:25 PM
Hirako got something right in his face... That must've hurt :D

Anyways, what do you think will happen during this Ichigo vs "I do not have a name" fight? DUring the times Hichigo/Vichigo/Wichigo or how everybody calls him... came out of Ichigo he suddenly became much stronger, will he be able to defeat him next chapter?!

cygnus
March 02, 2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, its kinda obvious what next chapter is going to be about.

Galth
March 02, 2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, its kinda obvious what next chapter is going to be about.

O RLY?! whats it gonna be according to you then? XD

Hermie
March 02, 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, I think the Ichigo's will sit down, and solve their problems through positive dialog and mutual agreements. :oh

antukecik
March 02, 2006, 10:14 PM
i think it will be another battle chapter.. between ichigo and his hollow

Galth
March 02, 2006, 10:17 PM
Well, I think the Ichigo's will sit down, and solve their problems through positive dialog and mutual agreements. :oh

:loool
<using that smiley a bit too much lately>

cygnus
March 03, 2006, 05:20 AM
Its time for a comical training montage and the "thats our wichigo!!" comic scenes.

conan
March 03, 2006, 11:49 AM
well we are going to see a good fight, hirako believed ichigo is at the right level to this, by the way which side is zangetsu going to take,
whos going to fight with zangetsu and who will zangetsu fight with :blink
at least after this we will be able to go back to aizen and his story.
cant wait to see ikkaku again with keigo.
all those shinigami are a hilarious lot.

Galth
March 03, 2006, 12:03 PM
Ehmz, zangetsu isn't even there, it'll be Ichigo vs Anti-Ichigo one-on-one...

And indeed, i expect to see some shots of Keigo's sister hitting on Ikkaku and Keigo hopelessly objecting while Keigo goes something like "wtf is this women trying? useless humans..."

Miso
March 03, 2006, 12:32 PM
I also think that it's obvious that we will see a battle between Hichi and Ichi....there aren't many other possiblities to predict this time, ain't it?

btw: the Hiyori Walker was soooo :loool

Galth
March 03, 2006, 12:37 PM
We can predict who will be the winner, right? :eyeroll

RegulasFade
March 03, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think, just because its so obvious, that there gonna go away to somthing else for the next chapter or two.

Miso
March 03, 2006, 05:49 PM
Could be possible but .... nah......
Why? Because I won't like it....what? You say that this is not objective!???....damn...:darn

Ok...I'll end this soliloquy now. :p

lexiefaye
March 03, 2006, 07:50 PM
Next couple chapters: Lots of verbal and physical pwnage at the end of which Hichigo almost eats away at Ichigo (shown somehow - maybe by Ichigo's outer body growing his mask while the Vaizard watch) until at the last moment Ichigo does whatever it takes (I so want it to simply be an Ichigo foot in the face kick - but thats not gonna happen - too bad) to "devour" him and make it a part of his soul perminantly.

freespace2dotcom
March 04, 2006, 05:34 AM
Well, I'm suspecting that this might just be the training for the real fight which will be later, as it didn't look like they were in ichigo's internal world. I could very well be wrong though, as seeing I usually am. :)

seriously though. if/when the real fight comes down, I betcha that zangetsu is gonna help ichigo restrain his hollow, as it having something to do with what he said in the internal sequence back when ichi was fighting zaraki.

if I remember correctly, it was that ichigo should trust in zangetsu in order to stop the 'rain' in the internal world, which I suspect has to do with ichigo's fear/ sadness over the hollow taking ichi over. this seems really likely the context since zangetsu said it right after the hollow said that "his power will be mine someday"

but then who knows? I'm also agreeing with the possiblilty of positive dialogue and mutual agreements. :) the would would be so much better if only people did that more. :)

Leen
March 04, 2006, 01:00 PM
My predictions?

Hichigo Vs Ichigo

Who will win? Who will lose? Majesty reign supreme or overthrown by white guard?

That's what I think will happen in the next chapter. Hichigo will go one on one with Ichigo and at the same time, we will see the Vaizards talking and discussing about Ichigo's health.

VietKnight
March 05, 2006, 12:26 PM
0_0 i bet i mean it kinda predictable the sisters are going to play some role in this SO i predict that ichigo will lose to Hichigo and then blah blah blah, he met up with his sisters, his sister did something ( prob cry alot) and then he turn him back to the orginal ichigo

venicia777
March 05, 2006, 10:43 PM
his sisters havent been shown to have much going for them- i will be surprised if suddenly they had some unknow powers to interact with ichigo in shinigami mode too much.

ichigo versus Hichigo or is it hochigo!!! few pages devoted to the talk b.n these two before their fight begins. few pages on the fight and some on others worrying about where ichigo is and the vizards discussion of what is transpiring in ichigos fight.

i would really love to see some of the traiinings for chad and inoue and any others- like rukia especially.

Fortisdiablos
March 05, 2006, 11:59 PM
if I remember correctly, it was that ichigo should trust in zangetsu in order to stop the 'rain' in the internal world, which I suspect has to do with ichigo's fear/ sadness over the hollow taking ichi over. this seems really likely the context since zangetsu said it right after the hollow said that "his power will be mine someday"

Ichigo's fear of his hollow taking over wasn't an issue when he was fighting Zaraki.

Gold Knight
March 06, 2006, 12:58 AM
Ichigo didn't know it was his Hollow at the time, either. He wasn't really in any danger of the Hollow taking over until his battle with Byakuya, remember?

I think Zangetsu Oji-san pulled "Hichigo" out of Ichigo's soul so that they would fight to determine if Ichigo was worthy of Zangetsu's sword, but didn't give any indication as to who "Hichigo" was - Ichigo thought he was just something Zangetsu Oji-san conjured up for the occasion.

Since it WAS Ichigo's "mind's world" that they were fighting in, and Ichigo was in terrible danger of losing his life at the time, Hichigo hid who he was at the time and just tried to help Ichigo get out of that situation. From Chapter 112: "That guy is the owner of this world after all - it'll be problematic if he doesn't win. So however unwillingly, I had to help."

"I've done the job, so send me back already..."

"He's strong..."

"Train him well... because one day, that power will become mine!"

And now, it looks like Hichigo means business.

cygnus
March 08, 2006, 03:08 AM
I think Urahara meant to turn Ichigo into a vaizard. He will eventually beat the hollow somehow or else this manga would be waaaay too good.

mercycubed
March 08, 2006, 01:26 PM
seriously though. if/when the real fight comes down, I betcha that zangetsu is gonna help ichigo restrain his hollow, as it having something to do with what he said in the internal sequence back when ichi was fighting zaraki.
Where is the old man, zangetsu? He seems to be key in this matter. I thought he would be a larger part in this.

Dragonzair
March 08, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think, just because its so obvious, that there gonna go away to somthing else for the next chapter or two.

I agree. It might go off to either his family...or anyone other character. :P I'd really love to see some Urahara and Chad training scenes.

*begs for some Soul Society scenes to the Gods*

conan
March 08, 2006, 04:29 PM
ah.
thats a good possibility.
i would like to see chad and urahara training too,images of chads armour on his hand extending to become a full body armour image just flashed through my mind. :blink

j0ny
March 09, 2006, 07:52 AM
So much happens in Bleach Manga it is the equivalent to 4 chapters of Naruto.[br]Posted at: March 09, 2006, 04:51:23 AM_________________________________________________Oh I also think we'll see Chad training for a bit but mostly Ichigo fighting his hollow.

cygnus
March 09, 2006, 08:11 AM
I think it will be out in exactly....6 hours and 34 minutes...

venicia777
March 09, 2006, 12:59 PM
6 hours- too long. how did you know that. hmm!!! bleach is late today- come on out Hichigo- brawl now!!!
i cant wait

T0FFe3m@n
March 09, 2006, 03:56 PM
Raw is out by the way. Check the download section.

Theres an awsome double colour page of Ichigo and the vaizards in it.

Predator
March 09, 2006, 04:08 PM
Cool, it was fast and intense. Did not expect for both of them to release Bankai this fast. Next chapter will be pure speed demon fight. Imagine two Bankai-ed Ichigos making a speed fight. Maaaaan, there will be only stripes there, mortals won't see anything.

animefeen
March 09, 2006, 05:11 PM
I think Hichigo is feeding off some of the power that Ichigo has I remember what he said when they first fought he's power he just didnt know how to use his power..I think Hichigo and Ichigo together would be a power unlike anyone in the Bleach universe has seen.

zetman
March 09, 2006, 05:44 PM
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4986/girl8hg.png

Anyone know who is this girl's name?

darion
March 09, 2006, 05:46 PM
Risa Yadoumaru <-thats her name

zetman
March 09, 2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks darion...

conan
March 09, 2006, 06:22 PM
did i just see that girl holding two zanpaktous. :s

i think i did.
well i love two sword fighting.
thats i like sougyu no kotowari and kyouten kyokutse,ukitakes and kyourakus zanpaktous.
this is getting intense ,cant wait to see ichigo kick hichgos butt. :guns

Koen
March 09, 2006, 07:07 PM
Man, I'm somehow hope that de hollow ichigo has the same bankai as ichigo himself but then with a white suit and white zanpaktou, it would be nice... Man, that hollow side is something strange, it's strong an has its own personality but is he that bad, come on he needs ichigo to survive (it's like kyubi and naruto), ichigo must submit him to his and zangetsus will and ichigo will become far more stronger...

3of4
March 09, 2006, 10:19 PM
No she only had the scabbard in her left hand and then throwed ist away

T0FFe3m@n
March 09, 2006, 11:24 PM
Risa Yadoumaru <-thats her name

Ah, Risa. The 217 M7 scanlation called her "Lisa", oh well... they sound near enough the same anyway.

conan
March 09, 2006, 11:59 PM
aghh bad luck.
well what can i say , quality of raw makes people do that sometime.
i still have ukitake and kyouraku,cant wait ro see them in action,
hopefully soon.

xallisto
March 10, 2006, 02:01 AM
Wichigo and Zangetsu the same person :s any ideas.

Wichigo will probably have a white Ban Kai cant eait too see that :)

graphic_content
March 10, 2006, 02:57 AM
as curious I am to see the conclusion of this fight (all though this much is obvious...Ichigo will win, he is the main character afterall, hahahaha)...

...im really curious to hear some more backstory on Ishida's father and the process by which he will return his powers...

...does anyone get the process so far???...im a little confused at the details...something about special glass and arrows breaking through...could some kind person, please clarify...thanks.

Gold Knight
March 10, 2006, 06:04 AM
Djudge did a nice summary of 218, but I'm waiting on a full translation to see what exactly was said about Zangetsu's relationship with Anti-Ichigo before jumping to any conclusions regarding that.

Anyway, it was a fine chapter of action. It makes sense that while Ichigo and Anti-Ichigo would be fighting, Ichigo's body would begin to be controlled by the "Hollow" and attempt to attack the Vaizards. I guess in the next few chapters we may be seeing what the Vaizards are made of especially if Ichigo gets overwhelmed at all. The cliffhanger with both Anti-Ichigo and Ichigo both performing ban kai gave me chills.

Nice color spread too; I really do appreciate that Tite Kubo does that so often. It's nice to know what the characters look like in color, especially for all the fan artists!

as curious I am to see the conclusion of this fight (all though this much is obvious...Ichigo will win, he is the main character afterall, hahahaha)...

...im really curious to hear some more backstory on Ishida's father and the process by which he will return his powers...

...does anyone get the process so far???...im a little confused at the details...something about special glass and arrows breaking through...could some kind person, please clarify...thanks.

Ishida's father is trying to help Ishida regain his Quincy abilities by testing him in a closed-in, impenetrable environment. I doubt anybody knows the specific details either - we'll just have to wait until we get re-introduced to Ishida again, which I doubt will be until after this storyarc...

venicia777
March 10, 2006, 03:14 PM
did i just see that girl holding two zanpaktous. :s

i think i did.
well i love two sword fighting.
thats i like sougyu no kotowari and kyouten kyokutse,ukitakes and kyourakus zanpaktous.
this is getting intense ,cant wait to see ichigo kick hichgos butt. :guns

where did you see that- of course not in soul society. she is a vizard - and since we dont know much about them i wasnt suprised at all. hers is more like Ukitakes. isnt it said that only ukitake and kyouraku use two sword style zanpaktous in soul society.

Koen
March 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
where did you see that- of course not in soul society. she is a vizard - and since we dont know much about them i wasnt suprised at all. hers is more like Ukitakes. isnt it said that only ukitake and kyouraku use two sword style zanpaktous in soul society.

I think he's wrong, I believe she has one zanpaktou and the other thing that she throws away is the thing where they put their zanpaktou in, or I am wrong

xallisto
March 10, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah i aslo assume it was a sheath

graphic_content
March 11, 2006, 01:34 AM
my guess is that she wields the sheath and sword as a pair...much like Ikkaku does when he battles...

...i definetly did not expect Hacchi to have pink hair...honestly, i think its hilarious...:)

MadTact
March 11, 2006, 03:41 AM
I think Urahara meant to turn Ichigo into a vaizard. He will eventually beat the hollow somehow or else this manga would be waaaay too good.

Hmm, That doesnt sound too right from what we have seen, because Ichigo said Urahara probably would have told him how to control or how to do something about it.

Damn, Ban Kai too soon, lol well i hope it means a speedy end to this part.

venicia777
March 11, 2006, 04:03 PM
i just wish for once ichigo loses. his transformations are soo quick. why dont the other shinigamis or cast of this manga gain such transformations. it is almost seemingly unreal to me- particularly becaus i have seen too many instant power bursts.

as cygnus said above- it will make the manga really good.

vaizards
March 11, 2006, 04:09 PM
yeah really how fast ichigo gain bankai comparing to other shinigami..

RockLee
March 11, 2006, 07:56 PM
Urahara did the same thing.

Also, it seems Renji gained it rather quickly, and I assume Ikkaku did, too.

Miso
March 11, 2006, 08:02 PM
But nevertheless Ichi was the fastest in gaining strength if you compare his whole development.
And I think noone can top Ichigo's-gaining-a-Bankai-in-3-days, not Renji and not Ikkaku.

xallisto
March 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
Ichigo went from a nroaml highschooler to Bankai in about 6 month's and he gained bankai in 2 days. i recall yourichi saying that there was 1 day of traing left and then renji coming and telling them thet the execution had been moved forward a day.

graphic_content
March 12, 2006, 12:45 AM
if i remember correctly....byukuya stated that the ten years of training of required to gain Bankai...not only to GET Bankai...but to know HOW to wield it masterfully...

...Ichigo...without ten years prior...broke Byakuya's blade...Renji...could not...

...the guy is definetly talented...Im curious tho...if Hollow-Ichigo had not come out during the final battle with Byakuya...would he have had the chance to win...considering his state???

Saithan
March 12, 2006, 07:10 AM
but, considering that we're being introduced to Ban Kai at such an early stage of this fight, wouldn't this mean that there might be something surprising hidden here like, ichigo in his "world" fighting his hollow side, will beat the crap out of those outside his world (the Vaizards), it seems that his fight in his "world" is physically carried out in the real world. Which could explain why the vaizards are taking turns to fight him, (I'm assuming they take turn from how they spoke)

And I wonder if his Zangetsu changes shape in the real world, when he goes Ban Kai in his own "world", if it doesn't that could mean that by defeating his Hollow side, Ichigo will become expotentially stronger ?!

venicia777
March 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
he will become as strong as if not stronger than some of the vizards. of course that depends on how the classification of his hollow been special means in terms of strength. you are supposed to become stronger if you manage to beat down your hollow- become stronger than it and make it part of you. the same goes for ichigo. But if you look at it the vizards are not particularly afraid of ichigos hollow. At this time in the world of Hochigo it looks like he takes over ichigos body in the outside world- that is why the vizards have to contain ichigo whilst he is trying to defeat hochigo.

according to hochigo he is now the master of zangetsu- am i mistaken? if that is so- it means he has become more powerful than zangetsu and has mastered all of zangetsus techniques. if this is correct then it means ichigo is in for a sound beating. which is exactly what i am hoping fo. this is partly rbecause he didnd master all of zangetsus techniques before he even fought with byakuya.

MadTact
March 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
Yes the hollow would have an advantage but Ichigo is still the king XD

Miso
March 13, 2006, 07:01 PM
according to hochigo he is now the master of zangetsu- am i mistaken? if that is so- it means he has become more powerful than zangetsu and has mastered all of zangetsus techniques. if this is correct then it means ichigo is in for a sound beating. which is exactly what i am hoping fo. this is partly rbecause he didnd master all of zangetsus techniques before he even fought with byakuya.

Well, Hochigo claims that he is stronger than Zangetsu. And that means he is the spirit in control now because he has overpowered Zangetsu.
I also think that the fight now will be tough but hopefull Ichigo will learn a lot from this concerning wielding Zangetsu besides putting down his Hollow.

Predator
March 13, 2006, 07:14 PM
I think that the way vaizards spoke and acted, if Ichigo gains control over his hollow, he'll become stronger than all the vaizards. I still remember and take into consideration the scene where Hichigo scared the crap out of Sarugaki (the little girl). Considering that all the vaizards are experienced and mature enough to beat their hollows, it's a nice indicator showing the level if Hichigo compared to current vaizard inner hollows.

venicia777
March 13, 2006, 07:16 PM
Well, Hochigo claims that he is stronger than Zangetsu. And that means he is the spirit in control now because he has overpowered Zangetsu.
I also think that the fight now will be tough but hopefull Ichigo will learn a lot from this concerning wielding Zangetsu besides putting down his Hollow.

good point. I just am expecting something different from Kubo this time. like th is time ichigo will  have to have an alliance with Hochigo- instead of just beating Hochigo up and becoming stronger like he always does. If my deduction that hochigo  means he has full control to zangetsus powers and everything - then ichigo needs to come up with something- something real special.

Saithan
March 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
no, that won't do, I think it would be interesting to have the hollow in command for a bit, a chapter or two, and let 's see what kind of a havoc it'll wreck, then I'd like to see Ichigo suppress it or something, some emotionelle distress would be fine to get all this started.