PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 264 Discussion [Bleach]

Tamerlane
February 16, 2007, 09:24 PM
Well with chapter 263 finally out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15158.0). It is time to make your predictions on what you think is going to happen next.

Chapter 264 is out! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15680.0)

Will Rukia fight Kaien? What is going to happen to Chad? What is going on with everyone else?

o.o

Tell us what you think!

mugen
February 16, 2007, 09:30 PM
Renji is gonna fight Notoiria
and Rukia is gonna show us bankai later on :noworry

urinnerchild87
February 16, 2007, 10:05 PM
I think Rukia pulling out a bankai would be a little too "cliche" even for kubo.

mugen
February 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
yeah but it would be lame too if she'd didn't have bankai :notrust
unless she shows us her kidou skills :p

SporkNinja
February 17, 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm interested in how Rukia will be able to fight someone who she had a crush on. She might not release her shikai because it's Kaien, even the hollow in him beats her to death.

I'm guessing Noitaria would go after Renji or Ichigo(I doubt, since Grimmy is in lust with him, but with Ichigo's riatsu Noitaria would go crazy not fighting someone who can pose a threat to him)

Silhouette
February 17, 2007, 12:30 AM
The execution squad will deliver the finishing blow that Noitora refused to do himself. There is one way Sado can survive and that is if Tousen interferes. Yes Tousen, the guy's sense of justice/moral justification is so freakin twisted no one knows what it is for sure. However, if Tousen interrupts the execution of Sado, it will be goodbye to the Chad we know because he will turn into a blood thirsty hollow/arrancar or maybe even Espada.

I think Noitora will be fighting Renji not Ichigo just because GJ wants to kill Ichigo and won't allow anyone else to interfere.

Ichigo will come face to face with GJ.

Rukia will have a hard time fighting the 9th Espada because of the mental and emotional pressure she is facing from seeing Kaien's face (it sucks to have to kill someone you admire twice)

Caspis Sinclair
February 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking that Renji is going to end up fighting Noitora...

If what he says is true, Noitora is Espada #1.

If Ichigo couldn't beat an un-released Espada #6 while using his hollow powers then what possible chance could Renji stand against #1?

mugen
February 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
not much but then again grimjow appears to be stronger than #6
I mean he beat Luppi pretty easy or it could have been because Luppi was tired :noworry

Silhouette
February 17, 2007, 12:55 AM
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking that Renji is going to end up fighting Noitora...

If what he says is true, Noitora is Espada #1.

If Ichigo couldn't beat an un-released Espada #6 while using his hollow powers then what possible chance could Renji stand against #1?

I doubt Noitora is is Espada 1. He claims to be the strongest and neglected to mention his rank when he first appeared against Chad. My guess is Noitora isn't Espada 1 and he is not happy about it. This is why he is trying to fight stronger opponents to change his rank.

Caspis Sinclair
February 17, 2007, 01:05 AM
I doubt Noitora is is Espada 1.

Hmmm... you may be right. Perhaps Noitora is just a bit full of himself.

After reading a different translation of Chapter 263, I'm starting to think that I'm wrong, and most everyone else is right.

Maybe Noitora IS going to fight Renji.

If so... I hope Renji impresses us. Back in the Soul Society Arc whenever he showed up something bad was going to happen... I hope he ends up regaining his old mystique.

cielorossas
February 17, 2007, 01:18 AM
well, i read somewhere that probably ulquiorra (pardon the spelling) is #1 but may not be the strongest. He is #1 because of aizen's trust in him and because of his eye... so probably noitora is the strongest but is ranked lower.. but i bet his in the top 3 espada. aizen has the final say in anything right? lol

if you think about it, noitora's zanpakutou is larger than normal.. like ichigo's, which is in "perma-shikai" state but i guess arrancars are a lot different than shinigamis..

prediction: #9 is really kaien but also is the hollow that merged with him. sort of having a dual personality.. or maybe kaien is just testing rukia's skills if she can pull off his plan for revenge?

next is that they will leave chad for dead or for the execution squad to take care off.. someone will manage to help him.. probably the big worm hollow will come out of the ground and take him away or something. haha

then maybe a renji fight.

Uchiha-Itachi
February 17, 2007, 03:48 AM
Good point cielorossas, maybe what u say is true, Noitora might not be the #1 espada but compare to the fighting power, i think he is the strongest of all. :amuse

Noitora zanpaku size is just different from others espada similiar like Ichigo zanpaku size different from others shinigami. And I also think that Ulquiorra maybe the #1 espada becoz of his intellegent n royalty to Aizen :p

I predict Rukia gonna have some hard time with #9 espada :(

ninetailfox
February 17, 2007, 05:48 AM
noitora is in the top 3, not the strongest, i think. is till feel ulquiorra is the strongest!! plus hes so cool!! :p

Urazz
February 17, 2007, 06:37 AM
If we do get a Renji/Noitora fight I hope Chad rejoins the fight against him half way through it and we get a Renji/Chad tag team fight. That's the only way I could see Noitora being beaten at the moment. Ichigo might have a chance solo but I doubt he would win unless he can keep his mask on for a longer period of time.

hmalik1003
February 17, 2007, 09:07 AM
next is that they will leave chad for dead or for the execution squad to take care off.. someone will manage to help him.. probably the big worm hollow will come out of the ground and take him away or something. haha

yea good point. the worm can come and take him underground and spit all over him to heal him

Kopien
February 17, 2007, 10:44 AM
Mark my words. Ulquiorra is a Vastro Lord.

SporkNinja
February 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
And some of the other's aren't? Ulq is diffinately one because his hollow outline was shown in Toshiro's debrief of them to Ichigo. I think anyone from Grimm and up might be a vastrolord.

DeeperCut9
February 17, 2007, 12:06 PM
Its possible, but I definately dont think that Ulquiorra is the strongest espada. He might be ranked #1 because of his relationship with Aizen as other's have mentioned, but not the strongest. Id support this as way back when Ichigo first fought Yami but couldnt control his hollow Ulq thought "whats with this guy... his reiatsu is fluctuating... when its low he's worthless trash, but when its high <i> it's greater than mine </i>. Id definately place Ulq in the top 5 strength wise, but not in the #1 seat because of that, IMO anyway :p

Spaceman
February 17, 2007, 01:37 PM
Ihis reiatsu is fluctuating... when its low he's worthless trash, but when its high <i> it's greater than mine </i>. Id definately place Ulq in the top 5 strength wise, but not in the #1 seat because of that, IMO anyway :p

*agrees.

My guess is kaien still is kaien. If you think about it, why would kaien lure here in that dark space, he gives a pretty good argument, b/c aizen is watching outside. Then he has a plan en she comes near, just when she is near kaien he senses a spy or something en he makes it look like he attacks her.

About sado, he will prolly be saved by (one of) the others. he won't die yet.. what was the point of getting that left arm otherwise xD

bayanbatn
February 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
I agree that Ulq is a vastelord, but thought I should point out that the hollow outline in discussion has a hole in the middle of its body, not on its throat...

SporkNinja
February 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
I agree that Ulq is a vastelord, but thought I should point out that the hollow outline in discussion has a hole in the middle of its body, not on its throat...
I think that was prior to the hougoko(whatever it's called) and Ulq was still full hollow, since it shows both sides of his helmet as where now he has half of a helm and a hole in the neck.

*agrees.

My guess is kaien still is kaien. If you think about it, why would kaien lure here in that dark space, he gives a pretty good argument, b/c aizen is watching outside. Then he has a plan en she comes near, just when she is near kaien he senses a spy or something en he makes it look like he attacks her.

About sado, he will prolly be saved by (one of) the others. he won't die yet.. what was the point of getting that left arm otherwise xD

The speech bubbles on the last page has two Kuchiki coming from Kaien like two personalities. So he is still not in control of his body which he lead Rukia to believe.

gigantor21
February 17, 2007, 07:58 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't want Chad to try and keep fighting against Noritora. He's already prepped for dissection, for God's sakes--if he comes to and puts up a fight against Noritora (with or without Renji), when he couldn't when he was in full health, it'll just be ridiculous on Kubo's part. So I'm positive he's down for the count, And I'm sure Renji is who Noritora will fight, because he didn't have to face a Privaron and would therefore be the closest. Not only that, but there's actually some hope there, since Renji had Bankai already when he sparred with Chad, so it could've developed more.

So I'll place my bet on Renji putting up more of a fight against Noritora.

bayanbatn
February 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
Renji will go down though. Ichigo couldn't beat the other espada in bankai (though his hollow was messing with him at the time). So, renji, who has a weaker bankai, will lose without much problem

aoritsuki
February 17, 2007, 08:39 PM
Huh, I'm predicting that whatever otherpersonality Kaien has, it's not the hollow which get killed with him.

~Lilium~
February 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
*agrees.

I hope he is. He doesn't seem to be such a bad guy. Besides, i think he and rukia will make a perfect couple and ichigo will be with inoue :hbunny

gigantor21
February 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
Renji will go down though. Ichigo couldn't beat the other espada in bankai (though his hollow was messing with him at the time). So, renji, who has a weaker bankai, will lose without much problem

Yeah, I can agree on that. Renji is NOT beating Noritora. Hopefully, the fight will be more interesting than wen Noritora fought Chad--that's really all I'm hoping for at this point.

On a more general note, I'm not sure how much longer this arc is going to last if no one is strong enough to beat the enemies that are left. I'm sure Kubo isn't going to write in more weak-sauce characters just to spin the arc out more, and I DEFINITELY don't want to read it if he does.

atmaweapon
February 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
Huh, I'm predicting that whatever otherpersonality Kaien has, it's not the hollow which get killed with him.

Of course it's the same hollow - the reason Kaien regenerated in Hueco Mundo was most likely because the hollow was killed while fused with him. Also worth noting that Kaien was himself when he said goodbye to Rukia before he died. The question is whether good Kaien is fighting the hollow for control or not.

Rukia was already a lower seat than Kaien when he was a shinigami, so her only chances now against an arrancar are 1) she unleashes a bankai (which I think would still just give her a slight chance), or 2) the good part of Kaien takes control and allows her to kill him (again).

I predict something different for Renji (probably not even in the next chapter, unless it's in the last couple pages). He won't face a former espada, since Rukia broke than chain, but he won't face Noitora right away, how lame would that be having an arrancar jumping from one chapter to another taking everyone down. New arrancar time! Hopefully one with a big "true form" to match his bankai for a huge battle.

Koen
February 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
Kaien being kaien is kinda true. Attacking rukia may be because it is necessary for something. The way he acted, talked to rukia it could all be an illusion? But attacking her, was I believe for the reason aizen and ichi gin are watching the whole scene.

My prediction: the guy noitora wants is renji I think. Renji is the only who has gotten an opponent. Ichigo nah, can not believe that. Or maybe it's someone we don't know

mugen
February 18, 2007, 05:51 PM
so does Aizen know #9 is actaully Kaien?
anyways by the way Kaien was speaking it seems he is gonna die :scry again......
anyways Renji and Noitora make contact and we see yet another bankai become worthless...

ninetailfox
February 19, 2007, 08:38 AM
next chapter: rukia kills kaein, again!! so sad :o
aizen will talk about kaein and explain to us, he actually knows its kaein and his relation with rukia, go go evil aizen sama :p

Umbra037
February 19, 2007, 09:38 AM
I'm holding on to Kaien isn't evil. He is either putting on an act or can't control himself.

Koen
February 19, 2007, 11:16 AM
any one thought of kaien being the opposite of ichigo. Ichigo starting being (or has been) a hollow, but turning himself in a shinigami, who tries to control his hollow side wichigo. While kaien being a hollow, turned into a arrancar/espada, who tries to control his hollow good side Kaien

SporkNinja
February 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
Well Kaien is different. First off Ichigo's hollow is the same coin of his soul as Zangetsu i.e they are all one soul. Kaien never awakened a hollow side of his soul like Ichigo, he kinda of had his soul raided by another soul that was already a hollow, so in Kaien's body there is a 2 way soul merge. *Fusion-ha!* Even though they are two different beings (Kaien+Night Hollow) together they broke the wall between shinigami and hollow making Kaien a Vaizard or the Holllow in him an Arrancar.

I don't think Kaien can control the hollow inside of him, because it's not his soul and you expect something that can takeover your mind and body can fully be able to control you. That would be pointless for the night hollow to merge with someone and just be submissive.

Killing Kaien+night hollow, would be pretty useless. When Rukia killed Kaien in the past the hollow reformed in HM because Aizen was able to give it that ability every time it died. That ability also worked on Kaien. *Source M7 Scanlation* I'm kinda of interested in how Rukia will get out of this pickle. Aaroniro can't be killed, everytime he does it's back to HM. Just need Toshiro to put him in a block of ice.....

cielorossas
February 19, 2007, 12:49 PM
About Rukia and Aaroniro.. Maybe Aaroniro wants to test her if she already has a bankai, which i think she does. The bankai test will be a gauge if she can carry out his plan.

I believe Rukia has had her bankai for a long time, the reason why she has no seat in her squad is because of Byakuya right?

Super prediction (beyond the next chapter): I think that Ikkaku will be the perfect match for Notoiria. haha.. sorry kinda off-topic. I was thinking of who can match up to Notoiria's power would be the one with the most destructive bankai: Ikkaku's!

Renji will probably face another arrancar first before an espada so as to build some momentum. haha

venicia777
February 19, 2007, 01:01 PM
Renji is gonna fight Notoiria
and Rukia is gonna show us bankai later on :noworry

i wish!!! i just dont want Renji to fight Noitora yet. Maybe he should get ichigo but it will be another de ja vu. Grimm is for ichigo.

mugen
February 19, 2007, 01:51 PM
i wish!!! i just dont want Renji to fight Noitora yet. Maybe he should get ichigo but it will be another de ja vu. Grimm is for ichigo.

yeah hopefuly this time it will be the last fight between Grimmjow and Ichigo cuz three times Ichigo getting his ass kicked is not cool :nono
but then again it seems Ichigo has not improved so maybe he will lose :p
cuz I doubt he'll find somewhere to train in Hueco Mundo......

dfcarolinaguy
February 19, 2007, 05:04 PM
I bet we see renji and Noitara will fight because it will be cool to see how Renji has improved

ninetailfox
February 19, 2007, 09:51 PM
lol, renji will get owned by noitora for sure!! hehe :p

dfcarolinaguy
February 19, 2007, 11:29 PM
lol, renji will get owned by noitora for sure!! hehe :p

I don't think so because I have this weird feeling Renji is going to have a new kind of bankai attack or something. I hope. :noworry

Vegetoacs
February 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
Hehe, i've staved off predictions for a bit, as Kubo throws another curve ball into the data or information that we have to predict with.

The next chapter should give us a clearer indiction of Kaiens mental state, and whether or not he is the dominant soul in his body. I dont think Kubo will just simply kill him off again. It would be a severe waste of a character, espicially if they only brought him back to life for a few chapters.

I also think we'll finally see some more renji, who will probably fight either Noitoria or the highest ranking of the privarion espada. I'm unsure at this point because I feel kubo is done with the nest of the tres cifricas, and consequently most of the arrancar in it. We might see a resurgance of them later as more or less soliders for the winter war.

I'm chiefly interested in what Ichigo's been up to. I also get the feeling that his hollow powers might become slightly more powerful to give him an edge against the espada. Towards the end of his fight with Dordorini, Dordorini tells him to "Leave the chocolate here, and become a demon". The major problem that's been blocking ichigo's use of his hollow powers is his resistance to them. The vizards mentioned that he was afraid to put himself in the hollow's hands for even a moment, and i beleive thats still a large problem. The other aspect to consider is that he is now in the hollow's natural enviroment. Chad was able to develop his powers a bit just by being in the enviroment most attuned to them. That alone might bolster his strength, and he'll need it, being in the espada's natural enviroment too.

As a prediction for the long term as well here, looking at the way things have been going, I dont think they're going to reach Inoue, or if they do it will be because she's done what aizen needs her to do and he'll have no use for her.
The battles will only go so much further before something major that causes Ichigo and co to withdraw happens. I'm unsure whether soul society will intervene, but i doubt it, given they are focused on their own defenses.

The other major thing to consider here is that unlike soul society, where they were given large amounts of help and certain levels of amnesty, they'll be cut down with little to no remorse throughout HM for the most part.

To shorten things out a bit, in terms of Ichigo, i believe he'll meet with grimjaw again, and this time be able to fight his unreleased form at least fairly close to evenly, but we wont see grimjaw's true power until the winterwar. Ishida i'm undecided about, but given that he used his trump card on the 5th tres cifricas, he's going to be beaten next time, probably by an espada. Chad i'm up in the air about, as he's currently at the mercy of aizen, or better said, noitoria. Renjia and Rukia at his point as also in question, given we havent seen great deals of them over the past 15 weeks.

To clarify, the only reason i'm starting to look further than the next chapter is to try to figure out where kubo is trying to eventuate this arc, and i severely doubt it will be Soul Society going to HM half prepared for war.

Inuhanyou
February 20, 2007, 12:33 PM
As i've already said many times, im pretty sure they are going to get beaten and then sent bac home with little or no progress. mabye with kaien in tow or somthing..cause the odds are against them

ZomzLeviathan
February 20, 2007, 01:57 PM
People seem to be forgetting the foreshadowing of Ulquiorra's speech when he went in to Inoue's room. He says that she shouldn't care about whether they die or not, because it will happen eventually, and that if it were him, he would be angry at them for coming to Hueco Mundo with no concept of how powerful the enemy are.

The only one who's got a chance is Ichigo. Chad is down, Rukia won't release a Bankai (she would have done this when GrimmJow was beating up on Ichigo when she used her Shikai instead), Renji is nowhere near a match for an Espada, and Ishida pulled out his trump card on a Privarion Espada.

Ichigo might come and fight an Espada, come to a stand still, but then be informed that all of his friends have lost, and are all in grave peril. He will have to make the choice to either save them and flee Hueco Mundo, or pursue Inoue and let them die. Of course, Ichigo will save them instead.

Inoue got angry and slapped Ulquiorra, almost a sure sign that she knows it to be true, and that they never stood a chance.

Codejunky
February 20, 2007, 07:08 PM
I think that as the arc continues, everyone will get captured except for Ichigo. So as Ichigo progresses towards where they are being held, the rest of them will be escaping. That's what I think at least. I think they will have to escape because the espada are way to powerful for them. Also that as they are about to escape, somebody is going to die, possibly; so it will be a huge cliff hanger. I think it would be Orihime because of the regret she feels of her friends being in danger.

On a side note, I looked at the whole Adjuccas and Vastro Lorde thing and I think that most of the espada, when they release their zanpakutos transform into Menos. Like the Adjuccas looked similar to Yammy and the Vastro Lorde looked similar to Ulquiorra. It would be interesting, also given the fact that none of the Espada have shown their released states yet.

I don't know what Kaien will do, I'll just wait and see in the next chapter. Maybe he has a secret plan or something. Or maybe he might transfer his power to Rukia, like when Rukia transfered hers to Ichigo...

Si Long
February 20, 2007, 10:20 PM
maybe as everyone gets captured. Aizen's interest in Ichigo will return after Ichigo woops GJ's ***. he'll want to study the hell out of Ichigo since the powers of a Vaizard is what Aizen is aiming for. So in exchange for his friends release Ichigo will turn himself over... :psomewhat unlikely but a guy can dream i guess

Vegetoacs
February 20, 2007, 10:28 PM
On a side note, I looked at the whole Adjuccas and Vastro Lorde thing and I think that most of the espada, when they release their zanpakutos transform into Menos. Like the Adjuccas looked similar to Yammy and the Vastro Lorde looked similar to Ulquiorra. It would be interesting, also given the fact that none of the Espada have shown their released states yet.

I think the key thing to remember, for our understanding of the espada released based upon the precursors to the current generation, the privarion espada, that each espada release is different, and totally unique. Even the numeros that attacked krakura town had entirely unique releases for each of them, and they were gillians, who all look exactly the same in their original masked forms.

However, it does make one want to see an adjucas or two, unmasked, and maybe a vastro lorde. Oh well, beg for the winter war we see one or two. :D

Espada released might be interesting however, given that they are a superior blend of hollow and shinigami, so perhaps we'll see some crazy new forms :D

Jacky Lungs
February 21, 2007, 02:22 AM
Whenever I read about the whole Rukia part of the story I can't help but feel that Kaien is an illusion created by an espada who either knows her history or has been told her history. Either that or he's testing her or doesn't want people to know he's crossed over.

I really can't wait for 264

Kyuubi_no_Gaki
February 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
I just realised something......
The Inoue brother could be an arrancar!
Do y'all remember how he removed his mask at the very beginning?
DUDE! When do you suppose that'll appear?
If this is a spoiler please delete it, mods :)

Jacky Lungs
February 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
You've got a point there but that was developed very early in the series but you never know.

Kyuubi_no_Gaki
February 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
That's the thing.
Chad's arm was "the power to protect". We discovered that what.... 200 chapters ago? Now we discover that he was thrusting forward a shield that whole time!
I think Orihime's brother will indeed be an Arrancar. He DID pull off his mask after all... Then again he DID seal himself with Ichigo's zanpakutou.... perhaps i'm wrong we'll have to wait and see :P[br]Posted on: February 22, 2007, 03:12:29 PM_________________________________________________As per the Nonimo, it's pretty much anyone's game right now.
We know that the dude was eccentric to say the least.
Also, as a vice captain (at least from what we saw of how ferociously he fought that hollow), I wouldn't put it past him to do something as dickish as to make her think he's her enemy just to test her power.
Also, back to Orihime, I don't think she agrees with ulq at all. She has total faith in her friends. Although she could be angry at them for coming into Huenco after she surrendered her own life to spare theirs. She'll slap Ichigo and then kiss him when this is all over.
With a cheesy ass line like "BAKA!..... I can't believe I was able to finally kiss you..."
And yes, she WILL deny the existence of the hyougoku because she'll firther refine her powers every time she heals an Arrancar.
Loving it. Buzzing for 264

Navarr0Newton
February 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
UNRELATED ;)

beleve it or not the whole viazard thing came fom the begining of the series.It was premeditated .shinj was a character who was supposed 2 appear early on in the series.Look at the first opening credits when rukia and ichigo stand back 2 bac.in tha frame there is a bunch of faces in squares.his is one of em.or look on the first page of the first issue.
RELATED.
i think that the guy who saved chad respects noitoria but doesnt agree with his means and so he will offer 2 carry chad 2 zuerrapollo and on the way will stop and talk 2 chad.Also Rukia will talk with aaronari and his hollow side will take over.they will fight and she will have 2 kill him using her bankai.also ichigo will have 2 fight with his hollow side since feeling chads loss put a dent in his pride or power 2 suppress the hollow.the hollow will take over and nell will reveal her zanpakuto and say that she is the number one espada.MUAHAHAHAHA.
but seriously i think that nell mybe the highest class of hollow.next 2 the thing who was behind the hollows in episode 60-62(dunno wich one so....)
sooo..........there ya go thats my predictions.
and alsp

I just realised something......
The Inoue brother could be an arrancar!
Do y'all remember how he removed his mask at the very beginning?
DUDE! When do you suppose that'll appear?
If this is a spoiler please delete it, mods :)

i think that may be true.LOL.(SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!)

ninetailfox
February 23, 2007, 08:22 AM
for the prediction

rukia will shout ban kai!!! but it never happen!! she fail her first attemp to do ban kai and then get owned!! por rukia

MR. Satan
February 23, 2007, 02:02 PM
hm good thoughts all. BUt I don't know if the hollow ever let go of Kaeins body. Although he might come to his senses after a short battle with Rukia..I don't think he was lying about having a plan to take out Aizen though.I just think it was for a selfish reason as a Hollow..

rai-chu
February 23, 2007, 07:29 PM
prediction.

I have to guess that rukia and #9 will have their fight to start. Then rukia will get emotionally drained thru fighting Kaien

Silhouette
February 23, 2007, 11:26 PM
Rukia will have a hard time fighting the 9th Espada because of the mental and emotional pressure she is facing from seeing Kaien's face (it sucks to have to kill someone you admire twice)

Well, thanks to Espada 9's over-confidence that Rukia would do any thing for him, my prediction didn't come true.The fact that she would kill herself if he asked for it is what made him ask Rukia to kill her comrades. I am glad Rukia saw through him.
And man this is the first time I see her making such a scary face...I like her even more <3 now. She is so mad that even if she loses she will stare at to death :s

Why on Earth does Espada 9 have Kaien's zanpakuto? it's the same hilt isn't it?

It's a good thing that the hollow with Renji fell some where else, cuz now he won't be a distraction in the fight.

I don't see Zaer's zanpakuto!! I hope it's not that ear piece :p
Or may be that Zaer didn't bring his zanpakuto with him because he has set filled the place with a lot of leathal traps!
Renji needs to be extra careful

Crello
February 24, 2007, 01:41 AM
Man, good thing Ichigo didn't hear what Rukia said [that she'd be willing to be killed by Kaien]. I think he'd be rather ticked off at her!
She does win the contest for making the angriest face! :p

It's a good thing that the hollow with Renji fell some where else, cuz now he won't be a distraction in the fight.
lol, totally. Rukia should finish this fight by herself, if only to prove to something to herself.

Koen
February 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
Man, I was suprised that rukia wanted to give her life repenting on what she did with kaien. The fact she wants to save inoue first was really good, it's the mission of being in HM. But why didn't rukia let kaien speak. Kaien was going to say something important, I think collecting her teammates was something different for kaien then killing them as rukia thought. Apollo vs renji, damned renji, you gonna do your best and then you fall in such an easy trap.

Btw, apollo: was it that espada who send dead esquadrons without infroming aizen?

Ulq not being friendly with gin, not trusting gin. The way gin reacted, that's the gin we know...

Silhouette
February 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
She interrupted him because she realised it wasn't the real Kaien after he asked her to kill her comrades

and yes Zaer is the same espada who sent the death squad[br]Posted on: February 24, 2007, 07:58:34 AM_________________________________________________This chapter makes me think Rukia will definitely achieve bankai not because she needs it to fight Espadas or the scary face she made but because of the strength of her resolution. Rukia's determination to achieve her goals is more important to her than the person she loved the most and this shows not only bankai but a captain material as well. Yes Rukia is deifinetly destined to become a captain who can greatly influence people under her command. The most important thing now is her surviving HM.

sharingan_kakashi
February 24, 2007, 09:12 PM
o might have missed it but where did it say that Kaien is #9 espada? based on the seating arrangements (chap 237) i would hav guessed he is #5 but he doesnt seem all that powerful.

Jack Van Burace
February 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
Aaroniro Alulueri sez it himself when he appears...

I think it's on 262 - Unblendable.

Everything is pointing out to the Old man beeing number 7 espada: remember when Aizen introduced the intruders? Well, the 5 first Espadas to say something about it were Grimmjow (6), Zael (8), Yammy (10), Aaroniro (9) and the old man.

Aizen then mentions that they should be worried, for they were once called Ryokas, but challenged the 13 captains and lived. And this time the remaining, besides the lazy guy, are the ones to say something about it. They supposedly only worried after Aizen's warning towards the "first group" of espadas, the 6-10 espadas. So, I guess Sado did loose to Noitre because he was out of his lead, and if he recovers, we'll still see him winning some Espada afterall.

Plus, there's that theory saying the Old-espada is Oscar, the Abuelo. If Gin's manipulation really did put everyone in a path that has a meaning, then Zael Grantz will fight his deceased brother's (Il Forte Grantz) assassin, Rukia will fight Kaien's assassin, and Sado will meet again with his grandpa. Ichigo will fight Grimmjow for Gin did like Luppi better, and thus he wants Grimmjow to have his S kicked. Now, I couldn't think of a reason to put Ishida vs. Yammy, but anyway, would be a funny brains vs. brawl fight...

venicia777
February 25, 2007, 05:22 AM
sado's grandpa? Do we have any idea of who sado's grandpa is in the espada ranks? or that is a prediction?

The only mention of sado's abuelo i remember was in the spoiler section-- from a fake spoiler that came out.

well, whatever the case-- Gin is soo damn sneaky. It looks like Ulquiorra went to the office where Gin was just to make sure somebody wasnt manipulating our heroes movements. From the way he spoke, ichigo and co were probably not supposed to be at their current locations so soon.

what the heck is that Gin doing? And he lied through his teeth that he didnt want to see anyone get hurt :rofl

sahugani
February 25, 2007, 05:30 AM
sado's grandpa? Do we have any idea of who sado's grandpa is in the espada ranks? or that is a prediction?

The only mention of sado's abuelo i remember was in the spoiler section-- from a fake spoiler that came out.

well, whatever the case-- Gin is soo damn sneaky. It looks like Ulquiorra went to the office where Gin was just to make sure somebody wasnt manipulating our heroes movements. From the way he spoke, ichigo and co were probably not supposed to be at their current locations so soon.

what the heck is that Gin doing? And he lied through his teeth that he didnt want to see anyone get hurt :rofl

i remember that Abuelo spoiler. i was rooting for it really hard until we got wind of the even bigger twist with Kaien. While i still think it would be great plot development for Chad (and i really want him to get it), i doubt Kubo would put 2 espada with connections that deep to members of the hero party

as to Gin and Ulquiorra's meeting, it's all just a ploy by Kubo to leave Tousen out of Aizen's inner circle, or so i believe

ok i need sleep. good night all

venicia777
February 25, 2007, 05:38 AM
as to Gin and Ulquiorra's meeting, it's all just a ploy by Kubo to leave Tousen out of Aizen's inner circle, or so i believe

hmm!! i have seen talk like this somewhere?

anyways-- Tousen leaving aizen's inner circle is a big possibility. He is definately a pawn in Aizens plans. But i also like the idea that Aizen didnt get to where he is with only agreable followers but was able to convince people like Tousen to his course. it could be that aizen will try harder to keep Tousen in his grasp rather than shove him aside. Good for storytelling but yeah-- it wouldnt a shocker if when Aizen is about to move He removes all possible kinks in his armor like Tousen away.

sahugani
February 25, 2007, 05:51 AM
damn almost got to bed then realized some stuff i had to do

i don't actually think Aizen will actively try to remove Tousen. I think his attitude is more along the lines of demoting him and giving his trust to Ulquiorra instead. the one that will actually do the removing will be Wanderweiss (with maybe a bit of assistance from Ichigo, Komomura, or Hisagi). This is probably my favorite Bleach theory i've come up with because it focuses on Wanderweiss, who i really want to reenter the story

Jack Van Burace
February 25, 2007, 08:31 AM
Well I never said it WERE Sado's grandpa. Of course it's a theory. And it is explained in the post itself. All the Espada who pronounced themselves sooner were 6-10 espadas: Grimmjow, Yammy, Aaroniro, Zael and the Old man. He is almost certainly number 7, as the remaining Espada only concerned themselves about the intruders when Aizen warned the first espadas that they should be worried... (this scene is in "The way without enemies". There are clearly 2 distinct groups of Espada, but only a theory so far, and could very well be unrelated)

Anyways, Gin's talk this chapter IS the key for Kubo to make these encounters of the Suicide-team and the espadas something meaningfull. He explicitly mentioned he hates sad stories (talking about Rukia/Kaien, Renji/Il Forte's bro., Sado/perhaps Abuelo?) and that he liked Luppi better (Ichigo vs. Grimmjow). I think all the meaning behind this talk is to justify the "coincidence" of the five charachters meeting an Espada which they have a backstory with, somehow.

Silhouette
February 26, 2007, 04:56 AM
damn almost got to bed then realized some stuff i had to do

i don't actually think Aizen will actively try to remove Tousen. I think his attitude is more along the lines of demoting him and giving his trust to Ulquiorra instead. the one that will actually do the removing will be Wanderweiss (with maybe a bit of assistance from Ichigo, Komomura, or Hisagi). This is probably my favorite Bleach theory i've come up with because it focuses on Wanderweiss, who i really want to reenter the story

I like your theory, it's very interesting and fits the manipulative nature of Aizen and the whole power struggle in HM. But I can't help wonder if this theory is true, why would Aizen want to remove or demote Tousen? I mean Tousen seems to be blindly loyal to Aizen (excuse the pun). The way Tousen got too emotional about GJ moving without orders should make Aizen happy because he can use Tousen anyway he wants ! Therefore, pleasing Tousen should be more useful to Aizen

All the Espada who pronounced themselves sooner were 6-10 espadas: Grimmjow, Yammy, Aaroniro, Zael and the Old man. He is almost certainly number 7, as the remaining Espada only concerned themselves about the intruders when Aizen warned the first espadas that they should be worried... (this scene is in "The way without enemies". There are clearly 2 distinct groups of Espada, but only a theory so far, and could very well be unrelated)

Anyways, Gin's talk this chapter IS the key for Kubo to make these encounters of the Suicide-team and the espadas something meaningfull. He explicitly mentioned he hates sad stories (talking about Rukia/Kaien, Renji/Il Forte's bro., Sado/perhaps Abuelo?) and that he liked Luppi better (Ichigo vs. Grimmjow). I think all the meaning behind this talk is to justify the "coincidence" of the five charachters meeting an Espada which they have a backstory with, somehow.

That's an interesting observation about the Espadas and their rankings, the pattern you noticed is true.

Also your observation about Gin and how he got certain opponents to face each other shows how much manipulative he is and how he preys on people's sadness. I however, have a different opinion about Abuelo and the Gants "brothers" part. I don't think the old Espada has anything to do with Abuelo and I don't think the Gants are brothers. Abuelo was a huge dude and the old Espada is just...well small! Hollows don't keep thier human names so two Gants could have just been given similar last name. I know there is a big similarity in thier facial features but maybe that's why Gin did what he did...you know to make it harder-at least emotionally- on our heroes. But I again It's just my speculation and if KT keeps doing his magic...it will either fail suddenly or last without confirmation for a while.

sahugani
February 26, 2007, 05:02 AM
I like your theory, it's very interesting and fits the manipulative nature of Aizen and the whole power struggle in HM. But I can't help wonder if this theory is true, why would Aizen want to remove or demote Tousen? I mean Tousen seems to be blindly loyal to Aizen (excuse the pun). The way Tousen got too emotional about GJ moving without orders should make Aizen happy because he can use Tousen anyway he wants ! Therefore, pleasing Tousen should be more useful to Aizen

thats why i specified that he only wants to demote him and replace him with Ulquiorra. as Ulquiorra is still an Espada and Tousen is still a shinigami, this replacement is not exactly official, but more related to amount of influence they are allowed to wield. Wanderweiss's destruction of Tousen wasn't in Aizen's plan, but it doesn't really phase him that much as unlike Ulquiorra and Gin who are directly useful to him, Tousen is just a tool

Silhouette
February 27, 2007, 08:13 PM
Every one in the end is a tool in Aizen's hands. I can't see Tousen being destroyed by Wanderweiss or any Espada for that matter, Tousen is much stronger than the time he was beat by Zaraki...the way he easily cut GJ's arm says so....GJ who Ichigo, while in Visored mode- and Shinji managed to only land a few attacks on him and he wasn't even in released state.

Besides, Tousen's influence is very important to Aizen since he keeps Espadas in check. Demoting Tousen will only result in sacrificing at least one of the Espadas. If Ulquiorra becomes any closer to Aizen, at least Noitora will be pissed off and considering how jumpy Noitora is he will try to pick a fight with Ulquiorra just like he did before but this time one of them (most likely Ulquiorra) will kill the other.

All I am saying is there is too much power struggle among the Espadas and favoring any of them will sooner or later bring chaos to HM which will be inconvenient to Aizen. I am sure Aizen won't allow that after all the efforts and experiments he did to engineer the current Espadas.