PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippūden: Anime vs. Manga

Uchiha Slayer
February 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
I just wanted to know which one is better to the naruto fans out there. The anime or the manga. This is a never ending discussion as long as naruto shippuden is alive :smile-big

As the anime series keep coming along post your opinions on which one is better the anime or manga.

Post away!!! :whoo

****What I'm going to do is refresh the POLL every 5 Shippuden episodes, so that if anybody minds changes as the anime progress with the manga they'll have the option of changing their answer to the poll question every 5 Shippuden episodes.Thanks!****

laughing@you
February 19, 2007, 11:50 AM
1st post wohoooot!! :smile-big

Ok Right now I started reading the manga after the spoilers began. Cuz my naruto introduction was way after the anime started. So i'm towards the anime cuz thats what I saw first. Besides I loved the intro. I think it was the shit!!!!!!

It really gets the viewers into it!!!

roohani9
February 19, 2007, 11:52 AM
second post........ :) u know the manga has it's goods and bads same as the anime...... but I prefer the manga ...... that's my opinion

baboysai
February 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
of course the manga has the story in advance. But personally, I think the anime did it justice, and elevated the experience to a higher level. [br]Posted on: February 20, 2007, 01:56:31 AM_________________________________________________that's specifically for shippuden, right? Because if it was a comparison of the naruto anime and manga in general, that would be totally different.

kiddo7
February 19, 2007, 03:35 PM
I actually liked the Manga version of the beginning of part two more. It just had a bigger impact on me, it was more emotional and felt fresh. At least that is how i remember it anyway. Don't get me wrong the anime was good too but I think they gave away one of the greatest spoiler moments in part two. That knocked it down a peg or two for me.

rokudai(ME)
February 20, 2007, 03:13 AM
i believe the manga is better cuz thats where it all started...but the animation is great on naruto shippuden its just like the movies...well i still pick the manga over the anime on part one but now i love them both... :smile-big

4thHokage
February 21, 2007, 08:15 AM
as a manga reader i feel like the anime did good, however from a thirds perspective they should held back the reappearance of sasuke... why? because around the time sasuke reaapeared in the manga there was a huge buzz on the sasuke reapearance.... i dont know i just like the chronological order on how the manga progresed.
The akatsuki theme is awsome!

however abit off topic if they do make flashbacks of kg...itl just murder the story

juUnior
February 21, 2007, 01:13 PM
You know, it's to early to judge, it Shippuden is better than manga part 2.. it was only one episode now (double :x). If it would mean for that between first chapter manga part 2 and 1 episode Shippuden, I would choose SHippuden. Great animation, graphic, and awesome music. But in overall, I like manga better ;p Anime is just another plus to manga ^^ So yeah, I vote for manga xD

donkeyhigh
February 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
I actually, for the first time, I'm gonna vote for the anime.
The new music and drawings impressed me beyond words.
Now it feels like, how should I put it. It's like, when I read the manga, It kinda feels like I'm just reading a script, and I'm just waiting to see how it unfolds on my TV later on. How it's edited, animated and played out.

baboysai
February 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
I actually, for the first time, I'm gonna vote for the anime.
The new music and drawings impressed me beyond words.
Now it feels like, how should I put it. It's like, when I read the manga, It kinda feels like I'm just reading a script, and I'm just waiting to see how it unfolds on my TV later on. How it's edited, animated and played out.

well said.

lexx
February 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
The pacing in the new anime series is painfully slow.

Other than that, the studio seems to still love making Naruto's eyes independant of each other. Cross-eyed Naruto was a problem during the Forest of Death Arc but by now they should've learned their lesson...

The Boff
February 22, 2007, 07:41 PM
the manga wins, it contained Kakashi Gaiden. shippuden did not. when that changes i will consider to maybe reconsider my opinion.

godofthesunn
February 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
so far the manga is better but the anime is great though. a new feel and it looks fantastic.

I kinda wish that i had never read past the gaiden now because it would be soo much more intresting.

I just hope that the stop deviating from the story line and do the story justice.

Jammin
February 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
Manga for me. The anime would be better if they weren't being intentionally slow.

If the anime was all like the first five minutes of the shippuden then i would like the anime better by quite a margin.

_ATMA
February 26, 2007, 12:38 AM
for me its a combination of both x.x the manga can explain stuff but the anime can make things flow a bit better but its sometimes cool when they add filler to the episode to spruse it up from the manga but sometimes it can suck but i prefear the manga since its there first XD lol

~Lilium~
February 26, 2007, 12:41 AM
I like the manga better cause of the fillers!!! :mad I hope they do a good job with shippuden though

strongarm85
February 26, 2007, 12:56 AM
This is really the wrong forum to be asking this question. I mean the name of the website is "Mangahelpers". Naturally most of the people who come here will be looking for information regarding the manga or links to download scans. So in the end most people who come here will be bigger supporters of the Manga than they are of the Anime.

In short from a Statistic stand point it really doesn't matter what the outcome of the poll is. Because of the sample that'll reply to it, the results will be screwed because they took place on this forum.

Uchiha Slayer
February 26, 2007, 06:38 AM
This is really the wrong forum to be asking this question. I mean the name of the website is "Mangahelpers". Naturally most of the people who come here will be looking for information regarding the manga or links to download scans. So in the end most people who come here will be bigger supporters of the Manga than they are of the Anime.

In short from a Statistic stand point it really doesn't matter what the outcome of the poll is. Because of the sample that'll reply to it, the results will be screwed because they took place on this forum.

Everybody is intitled to there own opionion just as you strongarm85. So far there has been 16 post to this forum without any complaints. No moderators has said anything to me about the topic, so I guess this subject is ok. So if you dont care for this topic, they're plenty of topics to choose from.

venicia777
February 26, 2007, 06:48 AM
i honestly will say that for those who have read the manga-- opinions here are going to be very skewed in favor of the manga. And even though filler sentiments are not to be brought in here at all-- its dislike still simmers in many :rofl

The thread presupposes one to have already read the manga-- which is a superb original. Anime is going to lose for a while if not for a long time.

I personally dont have a choice at the moment. although i will say that the first shippuuden episodes(001--002) were supremely superb.

baboysai
February 26, 2007, 07:43 AM
I guess fillers don't have to be considered in this thread because it states: shippuden, anime vs. manga. Which means that we're discussing shippuden now, fillers not included. So to have a bias because of fillers is off topic I guess.

strongarm85
February 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
Off topic it may be, but when you get comments like:

I like the manga better cause of the fillers!!! :mad I hope they do a good job with shippuden though

Then its obvious that the results are already being scewed.

Uchiha Slayer
February 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
Off topic it may be, but when you get comments like:

Then its obvious that the results are already being scewed.

Thats right, yay70 is intitled to her opinion. If that person likes the manga because the filler suck thats is the opinion that person is intitled to.

strongarm85 you must not seen the title of this forum. NARUTO THEATER AND ARCADE. Key word THEATER. The word anime is associated with theater. I created this thread not for just one person opinion, but for everybody who wants to put there input on which one they like better anime or manga. Yes some of these people way of thinking may be scewed, when it comes to selecting their choice. The fact of the matter is the same, this is a discussion a thread, made for opinions and people input!

This is not a thread for bashing topics. Moderator, if your out there can you nip this in the bud. So we can get back on topic please.

venicia777
February 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
i dont think it should be that much of an issue. The nature of the anime right now irrespective of whether one is considering shippuuden alone or all the anime is that sentiments concerning fillers have become inbred- part of the general sentiment of fans concerning the naruto anime as a whole.

so from the beginning even if it is only shippuuden the disgust will still be simmering. But after a few more weeks-- things should get back to just shippuuden against Manga.

ttxdragon
February 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
um, yeah, how should i end this kind of subtle argument best?
Say something like "Get back on topic" or "no bashing"?
i guess everybody knows that and will have to face the consequences if they are breaking the rules, so i won't go into detail there.

However i'll say it to ya: please stay on topic.

The topic adresses one thing alone:
Naruto Shippuuden vs. Naruto Manga Part 02

This means:
- No talk about the filler-seasons.
- No Part 01 of the manga.
- No other topics but the comparison.

Thank you.

and now my opinion:
I like the manga better because they screwed the timeline and happenings of the re-union. The animation at least of ep01/02 is really bad, too....
And the fact that they have shown us that much of the retrieval arc beforehand kinda got me on the wrong foot too. what shall anime-only fans think?! they are left in utter confusion.

Just my opinion though.

Toad Sage
February 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
So far I feel the manga has been portrayed nicely by the anime, however, there was one scene in episode three in which Naruto used rasengan to destroy I a tree that didn't care for much. I liked the way they are trying to expand the battle, as I feel this is a better sort of filler than literal filler. It's just in that one particular case it seemed kind of like a slower way to accomplish what Sakura was doing quite efficiently in the prior scenes.

Oh, one other misrepresentation I didn't care: the same rasengan scene, we see Naruto use a bunshin to create the rasengan effect. Heretofore, that delicate point (at least in my mind) has neither been confirmed nor denied. I really feel, as I'm sure most will agree, the anime should be careful about stepping on the manga's toes :P

kyubisharingan
February 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
MANGA ALL THE WaY!!!!!!!!!! dont forget its the "foundation" for the anime XP. but i like the anime too^^

Rokudaime Hokage
March 02, 2007, 07:04 AM
manga by far..... the shippuuden episodes look like crap imo...
I always liked the manga better... crappy anime...bah!

Redklaw
March 02, 2007, 07:27 AM
The manga.

The quality of the animation is far lower than what I had hoped for (it seems to be somewhere between the quality of the fillers and that of episodes 20 - 40 of the original series for the most part). I was particularly thrown off by the animation of garaa in the most recent episode (the random arm flailing that jarred back into a standing posture with a camera angle change). Also Naruto and Sakura just look off when compared to Kishi's work. The opening to episode one, however, was very well done, hopefully the animation quality raises during most important scenes to match that level.

Even that aside, when it comes down to it the manga will always be prefered to most of us that follow both, simply because while Kishimoto actively creates something he is an artist by more than the virtue of drawing some artwork. The animation team is limited to coping his work (or atleast would be in an ideal world, after all we've seen what happens when SP gets a creative liscense).

Uchiha Slayer
March 09, 2007, 08:41 PM
I created the thread and have yet to post my opinion. genius.

Well its very early so I have to point out the one thing I like from the anime that the manga didnt do for me. I really like the way the anime made Diadara alive. In the manga you kinda question his gender. But by hearing the voice and seeing the crookedness in his eyes, the anime really made his character stand out more than anybody we have seen in the NS anime so far.

baboysai
March 10, 2007, 10:45 PM
oh I agree with that one, Uchiha. Deidara was really questionable in the manga. Even his "art" couldn't entirely be appreciated. But animating them made me feel his eccentricity.

Kaervas
March 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
The animation and drawing in shippuden is PATHETIC

Examples:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7241/snapshot20070223150532qc5.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3418/snapshot20070223150603sl3.jpg
(zomg look at those eyes)

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2334/snapshot20070223150700em9.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8752/snapshot20070223150719kt4.jpg

I expected better drawing and high quality animation (sort of the beggining of the arrancar arc in bleach; the animation and drawing proved to be of surprisingly high quality)

Of course, i stick with the manga.

juUnior
March 12, 2007, 06:12 AM
You know what Kaervas.. yeah, sometimes art is really bad, but dont compare Blech anime to Shippuden ;>

I expected better drawing and high quality animation (sort of the beggining of the arrancar arc in bleach; the animation and drawing proved to be of surprisingly high quality)

omg xD, but in Bleach arrancar saga the episode which has some good quality overall was nr 118.. everything else was pure, in animation and art. If it means, I would say Shippuden is better.. :x
[and now I'm doing comparison..]

Uchiha Slayer
March 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
I also like how the anime made Kakashi look like a the ultimate ninja. That extended bell test fight seens where priceless something the manga failed to bring to life.

Good news the poll is back up, and you can start all over with your choice.

Zaloof
March 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
ill hold my comments till i see the four-tailed naruto in the anime
that part was the best till now in the manga (personal opinion :p)

OrangeV
March 16, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yup manga all the way...but that damn opening <3 sigh 40 days left.. :sad

ornis
March 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
Naruto manga leaves truncated battles left open for the mind to finish them. Anime just televises a director's interpretation of the absent glory. Know it promotes how variable manga-based actions and dialogue could be---but a fan could embellish the view beyond the anime perspective. And the 2nd Bell test Shippuuden Episodes could've been better. Worse? Yeah, but I didn't like them. Manga was frank... though it left me hungry. Seeing an extended view had great moments. I find compromise in accepting the first few eps though---except for the forward view of Sasuke against Team 7. But I got hooked on something small since the rest of it felt like well-animated filler to me: Sakura's initial punch in the Manga looked awesome, facial expression---sexy. Naruto's and Kakashi's facial expressions in the Manga--awesome---in the anime, alright. Views changed to show the battle's possible girth... took away from my inital reaction. Take Part 1, Episde 30: that was some vision of Sasuke and Orochimaru's first dance: it redefined my reaction. Rain of Tears... damn. I think it'll take some time. I'm not content yet.

AkabBalam
March 16, 2007, 11:20 AM
Even though I got my introduction through the Anime I say the Manga is better, Given that the anime from time to time has it's moments.

Jammin
March 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
You know i'm beginning to suspect that drawing fillers may have destroyed the animators ability to animate things properly. The first episode was so good but every episode since has had at least one glaring animation error.

The latest being in episode 5 where Garra's sphere of sand is stationary the whole time then Kankuro looks up and it's moving around like a coked up sparrow.:o I realize animating is hard and they have rough deadlines, but I don't think its unreasonable of me to expect a little higher quality than that.
Although, even with all these mistakes if they could produce a few episodes without those errors and speed things up a little the anime would quickly become my favorite.

Zaloof
March 16, 2007, 11:45 AM
You know i'm beginning to suspect that drawing fillers may have destroyed the animators ability to animate things properly. The first episode was so good but every episode since has had at least one glaring animation error.

The latest being in episode 5 where Garra's sphere of sand is stationary the whole time then Kankuro looks up and it's moving around like a coked up sparrow.:o I realize animating is hard and they have rough deadlines, but I don't think its unreasonable of me to expect a little higher quality than that.
Although, even with all these mistakes if they could produce a few episodes without those errors and speed things up a little the anime would quickly become my favorite.

bleach had fillers, but the series animation just kept better and better especially after the fillers

Uchiha Slayer
March 16, 2007, 11:52 AM
Naruto manga leaves truncated battles left open for the mind to finish them. Anime just televises a director's interpretation of the absent glory. Know it promotes how variable manga-based actions and dialogue could be---but a fan could embellish the view beyond the anime perspective. And the 2nd Bell test Shippuuden Episodes could've been better. Worse? Yeah, but I didn't like them. Manga was frank... though it left me hungry. Seeing an extended view had great moments. I find compromise in accepting the first few eps though---except for the forward view of Sasuke against Team 7. But I got hooked on something small since the rest of it felt like well-animated filler to me: Sakura's initial punch in the Manga looked awesome, facial expression---sexy. Naruto's and Kakashi's facial expressions in the Manga--awesome---in the anime, alright. Views changed to show the battle's possible girth... took away from my inital reaction. Take Part 1, Episde 30: that was some vision of Sasuke and Orochimaru's first dance: it redefined my reaction. Rain of Tears... damn. I think it'll take some time. I'm not content yet.

You know what I kind of had the same thought with the bell test. In the manga Sakura did look more fierce and Tsunade like confidence in her eyes. The anime kinda made it look average.

****What I'm going to do is REFRESH the POLL every 5 Shippuden episodes, so that if anybody minds changes as the anime progress with the manga they'll have the option of changing their answer to the poll question every 5 Shippuden episodes. So look for the POLL to be refresh after the 10th Naruto Shippuden episode. Thanks!****

CetLot
March 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
ok ..I'm a manga reader,I prefer the manga BUT if naruto anime had the quality the first Shippuuden intro had i would give it a second thought.....but it DOESN'T HAHAHAH
stupid directors they could do it better if they wanted to....I was wondering...is the bagget that low that they can't make it like the intro or they just try to make money out oh nowhere....(excuse my english)

ornis
March 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
You know what I kind of had the same thought with the bell test. In the manga Sakura did look more fierce and Tsunade like confidence in her eyes. The anime kinda made it look average.

****What I'm going to do is REFRESH the POLL every 5 Shippuden episodes, so that if anybody minds changes as the anime progress with the manga they'll have the option of changing their answer to the poll question every 5 Shippuden episodes. So look for the POLL to be refresh after the 10th Naruto Shippuden episode. Thanks!****

Good idea. Animated Naruto quality often takes time, but don't we love it?

gian
March 19, 2007, 09:35 AM
No it's just hard to release something of that quality every week. If they were able to do it once a month I'm sure we'd get incredible animation.

spactaa
March 19, 2007, 09:48 AM
I prefer the manga, even if you don't have a nice music or cool voices, when you imagine the fight for years (yeah we waited years to see gaara fight as a kage), and finally you see a slow fight with no pace and bad animation (my god, bleach 118 was out at the same moment)... you easilly get frustrated over the anime. Though, some episodes are better than the manga, but they are so few (30, 48 49 50, etc)...

Rahan
March 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
Wow, after episode 6, the anime still doesn't cover 6 chapters totally.

So, since february 15 (Shippuuden debut), the anime lost ground on the manga ! (this week's chapter is the 7th)

aznhotbod
April 03, 2007, 11:21 PM
the anime needs to pick up its pace. And the quality needs to be better...

Uchiha Slayer
April 04, 2007, 07:33 AM
the anime needs to pick up its pace. And the quality needs to be better...

I fell the same way

the up coming battles will show us what the anime got.

Rowyn
April 09, 2007, 03:13 PM
I don't like the Anim&#233;. It's so slow... The fight between Deidara & Gaara were almost 4 episode in the anim&#233;. And the fighting wasn't that good either.

The manga is so much more fun. =D You can take your time and read it. Also it's getting more interesting.

Also. Didn't like the game Narutimate Accel to Ps2. It just stopped when things was starting to get exciting.

2ndKurono
April 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
man i like the anime more cause 1.i newer read it and 2. i like live action more

alexandrosgnr
April 13, 2007, 05:30 AM
I think its obvious that a well animated episode is far better than a manga chapter.
Pictures are better when they are colored, and colored pictures are better when they are moving...

If the anime continues with this pace (1 chapter=1 episode) there are already enough chapters for the next two years without inclouding the chapters that will be released in those two years. So this means that it will be long that we will be seing this low quality, boring episodes.

Pay ATTENTION to my speculation:
The reason why the anime is moving with such a slow pace is because the producers of the anime knows that Kishimoto will give an end to the story soon enough. And because they dont want to give an end to the series in the near future they prolong it in order to last longer

SO the fact is that the story will end soon.....

ecf
April 13, 2007, 01:10 PM
i too say anime.. if i had time to watch it
for some reason.. shippuden is way better than the old naruto..
it actually is good to watch..

Uchiha Slayer
April 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
Shippuden anime quallity is starting to come around...These up coming battles are going to tell us alot...Watch out all you manga fans...

**** Remeber, after Shippuden episode 10 the polls will be refreshed. I will keep records of the poll results every 5 shippuden episodes and post them for your enjoyment, So if you have not voted get your votes in for the first 5 shippuden episodes, Thanks****

mars0103
April 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
i say anime because at least we no what sex some of the chacters are :)

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 09:04 PM
i say anime because at least we no what sex some of the chacters are :)
not really I had a hard time figuring out wht Haku was even after seeing the anime....

I love the manga but it has its downers like the slow pace of the story and as someone has said before the animation is starting to look better

Uchiha Slayer
May 02, 2007, 09:43 AM
I like the way the anime made Sakura look like a talanted medic-nin, something the manga just touched on...The quality seems to be improving every episode

***Sorry about not refreshing the polls after the 10th episode...But one of the hard working adminastraters told me that I cant perform that action yet of refreshing a poll...But the staff is working on it. Be sure to vote if you havnt...Thanks!!!

Leen
May 03, 2007, 09:43 AM
Manga is the original version. Of course I will go for manga. Even though anime tries to compensate with nice animation and sound effect, at the end of it, originality and the art of drawing are still the elements that appeal to me. Plus, no fillers.

Xarcer
May 07, 2007, 12:14 PM
I choose anime although i read the manga coz im impatient and cant wait for the story to come out.. now i have a dilemma, ive read all the mangas and have to wait anyways... well well..

mageofdeath
May 09, 2007, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure I like the way the anime has handled certain parts of the story, but some other parts where handled well like the bell test...
I would like to say the anime is better but the animation has been horrid in several parts except for that nice opening when naruto reunites with sasuke, and stop deluding yourself thinking the animation has improved, it hasn't, the animation peaked during the chuunin exam arc and hasn't even come close since then...

Bling
May 11, 2007, 01:16 AM
I Like the manga more atm...I dont know Shippuuden seems to be so slow and i think that they are adding sooooo many useless spoilers in it...I love the music etc but i'd prefer it if it was in a faster pace...I cant say that im dissappointed tho (a bit with the animation)...I just like reading manga more:XD

Mendes
May 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
In naruto, i like the manga the most... i think. Maybe because when i see the anime i already know what's gonna happen. In the manga we always get surprised by kishi, no matter how many time we spend on predictions. I only started reading naruto's manga by the time the anime fillers started, out of desperation, but i must say i got caught into it, and now its hard to spend a week without a manga chapter. The weekly anime chapter isnt that important to me :P
If this poll was about bleach, then i'd have to say i like the anime much more. Bleach is all about fight and much less on dialogue. That definitively benefits anime.

notBowen
May 13, 2007, 03:57 AM
Is this even a question? Outside of the first half of the first episode the anime adaptation has been massively underwhelming at best.

LoT
May 13, 2007, 11:15 AM
There are good Ideas in the Anime zu scretch it, but the Anime has some very bad animations ... VERY Bad!
And the fights could be better and much faster!

So I vote for "Manga"

Baseballbat Boy
May 13, 2007, 12:09 PM
Ridiculous... No - ofcourse I understand, everyone got different tastes, and it's stupid to starting shout "ANIME IS CRAP" or "MANGA IS CRAP"...
But to compare middle quality anime - to one of the best shonen ever publicated in Jump... not realy fair, considering how many thigs were dumped in anime + fillers... well - it's my point of view, anyway... :-)

Manga - Yay!:tem

baboysai
May 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
I still think the anime so far has really done justice to the manga, except for the gaara part. But we're over that and it's a new set of votes, aren't we? So... thumbs up for anime.

lexx
May 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
The anime is proceeding at less than half the pace it needs to be compelling. Traditionally the pacing is roughly 2-3 manga chapters per anime episode. Shipuuden is barely matching the manga's pace, and filling the episodes with little "guide to so and so" featurettes (not so bad) and, annoyingly, a lot of meaningless, poorly drawn filler sequences.

Overall there seems to be a lack of consistant animation quality from scene to scene. I don't know who the animation studio is using to do Naruto currently, but their old team (seasons 1-5) was far better.

dimplez
May 15, 2007, 01:22 PM
even though the manga is further ahead, I think the anime is better not only entertainment wise but the way that it goes into detail in ways the manga cannot

GPZrag
May 15, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well for my own taste i have to say that the only chapter where the anime was as good as the manga was in chapter 1-2 as for the others chapters... they all suck i mean the animation is the worse i've ever seen, looks like the studio that is making naruto: shipuuden is a hentai studio doing creepy animation.. :(

NRZero
May 16, 2007, 08:47 PM
Last time I checked there was no Shippuuden manga... j/k

Dralaquan
June 13, 2007, 07:01 AM
Manga all the way ! :tem

lordHokage
June 13, 2007, 11:15 PM
The manga is the foundation of the story, it takes a huge quantum leaps without very little details. As for the anime, it takes smaller leaps when it necessary. The bottom line, they are both equal. :eyeroll

Uchiha Slayer
June 14, 2007, 06:11 PM
The manga is the foundation of the story, it takes a huge quantum leaps without very little details. As for the anime, it takes smaller leaps when it necessary. The bottom line, they are both equal. :eyeroll

I dont know about that LordHokage, the thing with the anime it builds character personality up better than the manga...With the anime you have the music and facial expression that can bring the character to life more than the manga. So, I wouldnt say their equal, not putting down your opinion or nothing like that by no means because I still like the manga, just because its all kishi thoughts and its up to date.

lordHokage
June 14, 2007, 06:44 PM
I dont know about that LordHokage, the thing with the anime it builds character personality up better than the manga...With the anime you have the music and facial expression that can bring the character to life more than the manga. So, I wouldnt say their equal, not putting down your opinion or nothing like that by no means because I still like the manga, just because its all kishi thoughts and its up to date.

I completely agree with you. For ex. In the manga, Ino performed medical jutsu on Asuma but in anime after watching Sakura in action she became interested in medical jutsu. The anime give details whereas the manga leaves things unexplained. :)

OhDearMoshe
June 19, 2007, 05:24 AM
My excitement for the debut of the Anime I was awestruck, the animation had vastly inproved since some of the previous fillers and not only that they covered LESS than a chapter in two hours. My dream had come true, it looked like there was no more fillers to be arriving soon. Now 17 eps in I find the pace to be slow and rather frustrating at times (Still overall I prefer it to the fillers that will eventually sow their face had they decided to do otherwise). Anyway I also like how the Anime expands on so much, like the Kankuro/Sasori fight.

I still however prefer the manga. Just on the basis its so deep into the story.

krazykone12
September 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
Manga, the anime moves too slow

Quartz-pebble
September 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
I prefer the base material, myself.

baboysai
September 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
for now i change my vote. the anime is moving unbearably slowly.

piscesking
September 16, 2007, 07:33 AM
ofcourse manga anime is like a carppppppppp right now........the animation really sucked I have to say bleach is far better then Shippuden...............wats wrong with those guys

gphjr14
September 16, 2007, 07:56 AM
after the third episode i was like WTF happened? they're not even trying to make this interesting. and its taken team gai 9 episodes just to beat those stupid clones and don't even get me started on the flashbacks at this point manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

Exodi
September 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
Manga, most definitely. Honestly, I think the manga is far enough ahead that they can up the pacing a bit (by a bit, I mean a lot.)

The pacing in the anime is WAY too slow. Plus, I'm getting tired of that opening theme. Hopefully, it'll change after ths whole deal with Gaara.

SnailBeast
September 20, 2007, 10:53 PM
heh
but it looks like MSvsDeidara fight will be just 1 ep :vivi:

hayateblitz
September 20, 2007, 11:12 PM
the anime is nice. it gives the still pictures in the manga some life to them. But i still prefer the manga. For me, the anime is kinna ruined with its fillers and Naruto's constant jabbering of his fav motto(s) (eg. "Believe it!" or "That's My Ninja way!" or "HokageHokage".) I don't recall him being this obssessive with these one liners in the manga >.< makes it feel like a kid's show somehow.. unless,, the manga is a kiddie manga as well.. >.> anyways, that's just my personal opinion. (Don't like the dubbing neither. Unfortunately for me, my first episode of Naruto was an english dub. Left with a bad impression of the anime version. Though it can be quite amusing at times XD) anyways, I'd watch the anime for the action, not the story line, the manga's better with that :)

C4animax
September 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
The manga is so much better than the anime! There were a time when watching both was a delight, then filler started and brought kaos with it, while bleach had set better standards, naruto's anime's art and storyline just decreased to a non retour point...

Sadly shippuden contains a 50/50 % of lame art/Story and i'm glad i can still read the manga because it is way better! And i just can't believe what they did after showing us the real good quality "sasuke" save arc part!!!!! Do we have to wait there to have good quality shippuden?

One thing i noticed when watching (a few months ago) the whole anime from the beggining to filler point is that the story felt like there were absolutely no pause between two events, always something happening, which was not annoying but almost...in shippuden they took the time to "take the time" but way too much and in such a diseapointing way that it's almost painfull to watch even the small filler bite (i don't watch whole filler episode anymore because it sucks)....

My conclusion : MANGA owns easily anime for most time (95%) and anime owns manga when real fight begins.(hopefully they will stick to this)

milmoe
September 26, 2007, 07:19 AM
I'd definitely have to go with manga, i just love the drawings, they're done so well. Although the anime is definitely better for watching an action scene play out. In the end i'd choose manga.

Marq
September 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
Manga. The Anime team is just meh. I looked at the final part of the Sasori/ Sakura v.s Chiyoba fight. That fight was smooth, it was fast-paced. So far, everything the anime team has done is in slow motion. Is it really that hard to make everything fast-paced in animation?

I mean the Kakashi MS animation was dragged out, in the manga it felt like he had to do it in a certain amount of limited time when performed, while the anime he had the whole day to do it. Also Naruto's Rasengan surprise attack, again was also in Slow motion. Seriously what the hell...

Gold Knight
October 02, 2007, 11:29 AM
Manga by far, far, far. I didn't get into Naruto through the anime, but through the original, untainted art. ^^

Manga. The Anime team is just meh. I looked at the final part of the Sasori/ Sakura v.s Chiyoba fight. That fight was smooth, it was fast-paced. So far, everything the anime team has done is in slow motion. Is it really that hard to make everything fast-paced in animation?

I mean the Kakashi MS animation was dragged out, in the manga it felt like he had to do it in a certain amount of limited time when performed, while the anime he had the whole day to do it. Also Naruto's Rasengan surprise attack, again was also in Slow motion. Seriously what the hell...

I have to agree on the slow pace there, definitely too much. They're just trying to avoid getting to a point where they have to do fillers again, methinks, since they likely got a lot of criticism for that in Japan as well.

Also, seems as if they have only one good animator on board, and the rest are "eh"

Uchiha Slayer
October 02, 2007, 05:26 PM
Manga by far, far, far. I didn't get into Naruto through the anime, but through the original, untainted art. ^^

I have to agree on the slow pace there, definitely too much. They're just trying to avoid getting to a point where they have to do fillers again, methinks, since they likely got a lot of criticism for that in Japan as well.

Also, seems as if they have only one good animator on board, and the rest are "eh"

Yeah the raw artwork is so live, I love it...But like you said it seems they have one good animator on the seen...I tell you this if you put the right anime production team together, the manga will have some serious competition.

C4animax
October 05, 2007, 07:07 PM

Thought something about your spoiler, i thought it would make sense that he's doing this within a "long" rather than a short amount or time, that would explaine the fact he's tired even if i'd rather see it finished within few seconds in a total badass way...

naruto91
October 14, 2007, 04:51 AM
anime...i alike also slow anime (except dragonball)...so i voted naruto shippuuden anime

Luca
March 12, 2008, 07:52 AM
I liked the Anime before the time skip... because the animation was way much better than in shippuuden ( what happened with Sakura's animation... in some scenes she looks like a retarded person... terrible ) And what happened to the background?! They are so plain in Shippuuden like if they hired kids to do the drawings... So right now Manga receives my vote.

Jammin
March 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've finally given up hope that the animators who are doing Shippuuden are going to improve. It's not just the slow pace or that they are not used to drawing that part two characters. When you compare shippuuden with the first half of Naruto or even Hayate no Gotoku (when a comedy/romance anime beats an action anime in animation quality it's a sad day) it's fairly obvious that there is something seriously wrong with shuppuuden.

The problem with shippuuden is just plain laziness across the board, in my opinion. The writers who add the filler parts and rewrite scenes to make them longer don't even seem to care what they put in. The animators have barely improved at all since Shippuuden started and the backgrounds are so pathetic they could be mistaken for Pokemon backgrounds. All of which leads me to believe that the only way the anime is going to get as good as it should be is if something drastic happens like all the animators and writers and all the related cast get fired. A complete house cleaning.

I watched the anime long before i started reading the manga. There is little doubt in my mind that the anime would be my sure favorite if they ever started to care about the quality of their work again, like in part one. Sadly they did fillers for so long it seems like no one involved in Naruto's production remembers how to make a good anime like the they did with part one. So I'll stick with the manga and continue being extremely disappointed with every shippuuden episode i watch.

◆ T.D.A ◆
March 12, 2008, 01:54 PM
I liked the Anime before the time skip... because the animation was way much better than in shippuuden ( what happened with Sakura's animation... in some scenes she looks like a retarded person... terrible ) And what happened to the background?! They are so plain in Shippuuden like if they hired kids to do the drawings... So right now Manga receives my vote.

i take it you didn't watch the fillers, i may be wrong. Actually fro me the shippuden animation is better, especially in fights, we just have to wait until we get to the where the major fights start to happen like j-man vs pein, itachi vs sasuke

enmymiguel
March 12, 2008, 06:14 PM
well i like the anime cause i see alot of thing that i dont see in the manga and they are the same episode. and yea dud naruto and the other have to act different cause they are like 17 or 16 now. they dont act like little kid no more. oh yea naruto and sakura alway fighting but thats normal cause j-man and the 5th hokage they play around like that too

juUnior
March 13, 2008, 07:48 AM
Actuallt fro me the shippuden animation is better, especially in fights, we just have to wait until we get to the where the major fights start to happen like j-man vs pein, itachi vs sasule
What do you mean by 'major fights'? Some people had been saying the same before, when Shippuden started, to look at more 'major' fights, like Sasori vs Chiyo and Sakura, or KM4 vs Orochimaru, and what? We saw, how it is handled by the team of animators of Shippuden.. saw saying to wait for major fights is now underrated :p

◆ T.D.A ◆
March 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
What do you mean by 'major fights'? Some people had been saying the same before, when Shippuden started, to look at more 'major' fights, like Sasori vs Chiyo and Sakura, or KM4 vs Orochimaru, and what? We saw, how it is handled by the team of animators of Shippuden.. saw saying to wait for major fights is now underrated :p

chiyo vs sasori and oro vs kyuubi wasnt major fights,

MAJOR FIGHTS are those that have a great influence on the story/plot of naruto,

like naruto vs sasuke, jiraiya vs pein, and itachi vs sasuke

chiyo and sakura vs sasori was animated great and so was oro vs kyuubi, though the pacing was slow for that fight. but i felt the sasori fight was great

7'lid
March 17, 2008, 08:17 AM
The anime is really slow paced compared to pre time skip. Not only that but if you look at other animes and the way they utilize their frame rate you will notice a difference. Look at bleac for example the first 6 minutes between uli and ichigo a few weeks back was better than any fight in shippuden so far (not including chiyo and sakura vs sasori). the latter fight was pretty much different from anything witnessed so far in the anime, it wasnt slow paced, they used the right music. Im just thinking that its no fun to watch anymore and the only thing is watching how they develop the anime bit to make us understand what happens in the manga more in terms of drawing and angles and how moves look.

gcd
March 17, 2008, 04:34 PM
Heheheh Naruto shippuuden is the worst anime i ever seen.

Naruto is a good anime, but shippuuden is just horrible, i prefer the manga 100 times, ehehhe sorry about my english, lov u all.

megumiaraki
March 17, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'd have to say the Manga, compared from where naruto started, naruto shippuden is not the same. In my opinion all the battles we have seen so far were much more engaging an entertaining in the manga. In the anime all they did was frustrate me with constant useless flashback every where that wasn't needed, to slow the pace of the episode to a crawl. I sometimes can't believe how great the naruto anime was in the past. It was awesome. I could go back now and rewatch some of the episodes over and over again. You couldn't pay me to watch a shippuden episode again. o_O They are boring as hell. Lastly, the naruto anime of the past actually was better than the manga which was saying something. It wasn't just about understanding what was going on but made you feel and experience the manga in a new and improved way. Its too bad that the anime is like this I feel its a huge disappointment.

Lelo
March 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
ofcourse manga anime is like a carppppppppp right now........the animation really sucked I have to say bleach is far better then Shippuden...............wats wrong with those guys

Shippuuden is just getting started, we're gonna start seeing more Akatsuki like Hidan and Kakuzu and then the fight between Konoha and them. Then Sasuke killing Oro, then Sasuke vs. Deidara which I can't wait for. I'm just hoping Kishi does 2 episodes a week.

Ohh yeah, I think Manga is better just cause it's so far ahead and I like to read here and there, it also gets straight to the point unlike Shippuuden which does lag a little

crono
March 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
For shippuden, it is the manga by far. The pacing is just ridiculous. Sadly, I find myself continuing to watch since I loved the pre-timeskip anime so much (liked it better than the manga). I can only hope they'll pick up the pacing, but I'm starting to lose hope.

The music of shippuden seems good, but at the same time, it is hard to gauge because it accompanies such boring video that it is hard to like at the same time. I find myself somewhat missing the redundant, "hooya" music they would play when Naruto would powerup and beat someone down.

wing_gundam
March 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
Actually, the main reason why the anime is so slower now (in my opinion) is because they show like a 5 min replay of the last ep at the beginning. I don't remember that on the old anime, I think since each episode had its own storyline, with fewer continuations. Now everything is linear and I guess so monumental that it has to be repeated.

I mean in the first half that was reserved for a few good parts. Like when Sasuke couldn't beat Gaara half transformed and Naruto blasts in, and said "Now starts the Naruto ninja chronicals" as he picks u Sasuke's slack. That is worth repeating in the next episode. Hearing that Naruto will wish Orochimaru to death 5 times for 5 minutes in things like previous, end of episodes, beginning of epsiodes is not.

Jammin
March 17, 2008, 11:32 PM
The main differences i've noticed between the early Naruto anime and the nightmare i call Naruto shippuden are

1)How true they are to the manga. In the early Naruto anime the manga must have been treated like holy scripture because everything from fights to angles of perspective were nearly identical. In shippuden they add long sections to the fights, slow movement down, loop animations, and add whole filler scenes randomly(which i wouldn't object to if they were well written, which they aren't). They also have taken quite a bit of artistic liberty with the angles of perspective which i wouldn't object to if they were to do it well, which they don't.

2)The animation quality. Shippuden animation is better than filler animation but not near the quality of prefiller Naruto animation. A prime place where this shows is in the backgrounds. Which have been of abysmal quality lately. The only place the animators have improved is in the area of lighting and shadows which are constantly showcased for no reason at all. Everything else reeks of laziness, being understaffed, time constraints or something that adversely affects the animators ability to animate. Watch an anime like Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggen then watch an episode of shippuden. The difference in quality is blindingly clear.

3)Pacing or overall speed of the anime.This just boils down to how many chapters they choose to use up in each episode. Right now it's at around 1-1.5 chapters per episode. In prefiller Naruto it averaged out to around 3-4 i think. As long as they choose to keep using 18-25 pages of the manga for a 20 minute anime it is going to seem as slow as hell and they will have to continue making up filler in order to make the episodes a full 20 mins.

The fillers arcs may have ended but their spirits live on in shippuden.:darn

Marq
March 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
Very nice post, exactly. It's one of those things that really pisses me off. Well not pissed off, depressed, how the naruto anime has turn into a good series, to a laughably poor series now. I'm not really looking forward to anything really, they just can't catch the sense of the manga at all. They had a few good points, like the Kyubbi Kama--ahem- blast, that was really animated well and you could see it with your own eyes that it packed a punch. Watch them screw up the Immortal Arc as well. If Kishi made Naruto look like an idiot during the match, anime team makes it much worse. In fact, now that I think about it, the anime team has done a terrible job with Naruto's growth (even if Kishi did make Naruto look weak) and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same thing. Example, probably show Naruto spam the hell out of KB even though the manga the only time he spam it to 200 or so was his training.

ogziggy
April 03, 2008, 07:24 AM
i spent a lot of time thinking and the way i see it the naruto manga and the anime will end diffrently. this i say because look at the last 84 episodes befor shippoden

and you will see they pay more mind to hinata loving naruto and building that and in the manga you barly ever see her and the way she feels

Merged threads.

Shinzo7
April 05, 2008, 03:44 PM
I would rather read the manga than watch the shippuden episodes. The Shippuden episodes aren't that greatly animated in my opinion.

Sasuke_Kai_92
April 06, 2008, 01:45 PM
I would rather read the manga than watch the shippuden episodes. The Shippuden episodes aren't that greatly animated in my opinion.

True. Its the outline of the characters. They arent animated properly.
If you look at Part 1, they stand out and their out line is a bit thick.
And Shippuden episodes has a lot of talking and flashbacks..especially the Sasuke and Sai arc. The Gaara arc was okay, i was pleased with that one because it had a lot of action.

Ichipoo
April 12, 2008, 06:26 PM
every manga/anime/gaming forum i go randomly check that have discusses about the new Naruto chapters always have at least 5 people not liking the chapter. one post i've read that got me interested is that they said that the Shippuden story isn't realistic like how the PTS Story is.

what do you guys think?

BTW, this is my first time posting here. hi. [:

Merged threads. Also, welcome to MH! :)

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 12, 2008, 06:50 PM
I bet many ppl watched the Naruto episodes on veoh and since the subs were already out for episode not out on dub ppl could always watch a new naruto episode, they could watch back to back episodes, this made the story seem to be going faster and at a better pace also I bet ppl watched anime and then went onto the manga.

roku-sky
April 13, 2008, 12:15 AM
Ugh. I just finished watching ep.51-52... last time I watched Shippuden was during the big Oro/Naruto fight. I like their use of CG, but the pace of the show is still insulting...

Overall, everything is hopelessly dragged out, with flashbacks stuck into it at every opportunity. Characters seem to take the longest time either staring at each other, thinking things out in their heads, resulting in lots of idle time. This ruins the action scenes, which were what got me liking the original anime in the first place - the whole fast-paced, action packed feel, that you cannot get from reading the manga. Now fights seem to be just an endless series of staredowns with little snippets of action which they feed at you occasionally, like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey, just to snatch it away at the last second. Where did the furious fights and burning action go??

Well, there's my short rant of sorts. Don't think I can ever continue on watching Shippuden, even if I have a vomit bucket next to me. I hope the movie offers some good animated Naruto action which we've been so sorely lacking...

Edit: I think the horrible music also contributes to the slow feel of the anime. The depressing akatsuki and oro dungeon theme playing in the background over and over again just grinds along with the slow scenes. I actually enjoyed the original series OST - they got me pumped up. Now I just get depressed T_T

sasuke-chan
April 13, 2008, 10:15 AM
I voted for anime because I would rather watch something than read. But, that doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy the manga. I love it ^^

Kielson_B72
April 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
I voted for manga.
Anime is just too slow paced for me :/
The good thing about anime is that they finally made it HD, hope that the new filler arc will be cool :D

The_Drunk
April 13, 2008, 11:41 PM
I love the manga BUT if you started Naruto by watching it on tv, and you read the manga from the beginning its the exact same thing. The only difference is that the anime gives you more insight into the characters. You know the fillers gives us more on each character. I hope that these new fillers that are about to start show us some wind techniques that Naurto has learned besides the Wind Rasengan. Because in the manga Kakashi makes it seem that Naruto has grown up a lot after the he learned Wind Rasengan. But I doubt that he could have grown up that much after learning just one Jutsu... that comes with time and expieriance. So I hope that he learned other jutsus and that they will show it in the anime... Well that's the reason why I like the anime vs the manga... ofcourse there are things that are in the manga that are not in the anime like we wouldn't have known about Obito... and how Kakashi got his sharingan...

lordHokage
April 15, 2008, 01:57 PM
As of now, the Anime and Manga are equal, they both complement each other. The Manga is foundation but the Anime continue to build with new development. :blink

lazyboyrod
April 15, 2008, 02:43 PM
I like tha anime much better, I only read the manga because it is farther ahead than the anime.

Raizen
April 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think both has its strength and weaknesses!!
The anime u get to actually see it with color, and graphics, ect. But they drag it as long as possible with nothing happening or uneeded flashbacks

As for the manga, most of the time each page is exciting, but only 17 pages a week. That is way too long

mannenntihnmo
April 16, 2008, 07:37 AM
i like the manga better, cause i like reading. you always can reread something you didnt understand. the anime sometimes is quite annoying, cause, as raizen said, they drag it aslong as possible...

banksboy88
April 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
Well take an analysis into which piece is more of a work of art. I was very disappointed with how the manga opened up part two. It was very dry, out of place, and very rushed. For no reason Sakura popped up, Kamuhamaru (dont know how to really spell his name) pops up outta no where. Kakashi is seen first, which spoils the whole anticipation feel.

But in the Anime, things were very paced, IN A GOOD WAY IF PPL JUST WASN'T SO IMPATIENT. I mean, why you think the mangaz come first? So ppl can already know whats going to happen, so the pacing of the Anime and the work of art put into it and the drama put into it would be appreciated.

Tho i disagree with Showing Sasuke first, I think that opening scene with Kamuhamaru and his friends chasing that cat was CLASSIC, and you see how they grow up, and how comparable they are to Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura. And how Kamuhamaru said he was going to be the 7th hokage, which lead up to how Kamuhamaru is still loyal to Naruto by saying naruto will be the 6th hokage.

Now people complaining that the Anime is slow paced, but anything as deep and full of lore as naruto HAS to be slow pace for the background story. I mean, this is the reason most people don't know Asuma is the Third Hokage's son, because they don't pay attention to all the little extra perks and clues the animes give out.

Saying the naruto Manga is better than the Anime is like saying the X-Men Comic books and Batman comic books are better than the Animated series, when the animated series let you know how their voices sound, how they actually move and feel.

You have to realize that Manga's are RUSHED versions of what the author really has in mind, since people hate to read for a long time about the history of stuff, and would rather just read action.

However, in the Anime, the author really gets to show everybody the full extent of his vision, from the way the chidori is really pulled of, from the way the log replacement jutsus really look, from practically how everything is suppose to feel like in reality.

The Anime, tho it does have a PACE, doesn't mean the pace is slow since it practically would end up catching up with the manga if there werent any fillers (which provide key background information about these characters).

However, the fact that the manga LACKS a pace makes a manga BORING to read, and lets be honest, we don't really even look at the pictures that much for action when reading the manga, at this point we just wanted the mangaz to hurry up and show who would win between the Uchiha brothers, and Pein and Jiraya, and is Minato really Naruto dad (which the truth of all these have been revealed already).

Mangaz, in my opinion, are like video game cheat codes and strategy guides...that exist only as spoilers for the Anime. In the anime is really where you care how the action carries out, and how the comedy is delivered, and how cool Naruto's custom made Rasengan really looks in action.

nat
June 22, 2008, 06:37 PM
I was introdroducd to the wonder that is Naruto through the anime, As expected I was a rabid anime fan for the first part, much more than the manga. But back then the anime was legendary and better than others by far (not including shorter shows like DN or Seirei no Moribito etc.)

The manga continued were the animation stopped and we followed it, and when that abomination of Naruto Shipuuden came out, I converted into a manga purist....

Basically Manga pwns anime anytime and anywhere....^^ ( unless it goes back to pt.1 quality)

Btw banksboy88, the pacing doesn't have to be slow. Part one had perfect pacing and it explained every thing as it should.

Fans are not slow-witted that they need every thing over explained (through endless flashbacks), or 5 minuts of just staring at the enemies ( Oro is tough, we get it. No need to lose 2 episodes over 1 chapter).

What started out as a Drama/Action/mature story with many interesting fights ended in physically painfull drama fest....What we might call an over-kill. Not by chance the ratings dropped. (you can find them on the official episode site, can't remember where at the moment.)

The manga is not rushed, it explains things in a smart way. Leaving hints and foreshadowing that are picked up later on. kinda makes us feel clever about debating stuff, instead of telling everything.

A lot of the chracaters' charm, comes for the mystery in certain arcs. Take that away and what is left?!

For me it is that way. I truly believe that the anime can supplement the manga like Naruto part one and bleach. Only if the over-commercial aspect doesn't come in.

If they want to add more humor or fillers, they can separate or make Omakes (which they are doing now). But at least the should leave the original story untouched.

SoldaT
July 03, 2008, 09:21 AM
I voted for anime. Because in anime there is sound/effects/animation and many others thing. Manga i just reading for coloring and to now what's going to be ahead.

badluckartist
July 07, 2008, 01:55 AM
Manga for me. The anime would be better if they weren't being intentionally slow.

If the anime was all like the first five minutes of the shippuden then i would like the anime better by quite a margin.

Agreed. The 'preview' episode of Shippuden was intense, and actually felt like a real anime. Sadly, most shonen anime is shrugged off and edited around solely for slightly better commercial success at the expense of their real fans.

I remember being intensely amped when that episode aired, and then getting to the Sasori fight, and thinking "...damn. They really fucked up." Watching Chiyo and Sakura jump around randomly for 10 minutes while Sasori stands motionless, shooting needles at them... just didn't sit well. That fight was awesome in the manga, and got sheared and stretched out for the anime. The anime just loves to drag out scenes that are initially meant to obviously be fast-paced.

So far, the fight scenes have been not nearly as impressive as the manga, which was the opposite of Part I. Lee's fight with Gaara, the VotE fight, the entire Konoha invasion arc (minus the animators turning the Kusanagi into a lightsaber- didn't like that so much)... they were all excellent.

As for the filler, it was definitely unnecessary. There's plenty of source material, and the writers don't seem to have a great grasp of the concepts in Naruto. For example, suddenly, normal shurikens can conduct wind-based chakra. I stopped watching it for that reason- I don't appreciate canon being kicked in the nuts just because corporate fags want to use a great story to make more money. I'll take a hiatus over non-Kishi material any day.

Hopefully they tighten up soon, little though it is, I still have faith in the Shippuden anime.

Bones
July 07, 2008, 11:49 AM
I was introdroducd to the wonder that is Naruto through the anime, As expected I was a rabid anime fan for the first part, much more than the manga. But back then the anime was legendary and better than others by far (not including shorter shows like DN or Seirei no Moribito etc.)

The manga continued were the animation stopped and we followed it, and when that abomination of Naruto Shipuuden came out, I converted into a manga purist....

Basically Manga pwns anime anytime and anywhere....^^ ( unless it goes back to pt.1 quality)

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly

If some1 used facts from anime I tottaly ignore it and say go back the the founding father for exacts facts which is the manga.

Manga gets my vote.

haganenorenkin
July 07, 2008, 11:57 AM
i'm reading and watching both of 'em,and each one has many good things,the only thing i hate in the anime is when they make a episode full of talk,it's boring,and i like the filler arcs,more naruto to see ^^

gold349
July 07, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have enjoyed a lot of the anime, only pisses me off when they stretch fights and other situations. Anime can be done good but I'd still say manga is better any day.

TrieuDL
July 11, 2008, 11:59 PM
I would've given up on Naruto by now if it weren't for the manga. Shippuuden just plain sucks. They make it way too overdramatic (they use long silences and the wind blowing way too much) as well as stretcing it out incredibly slow. I never watch an episode anymore, I just skip through it quickly for the good bits. The only reedming factor is when they have episodes animated by MATSUMOTO Norio (133, shippuuden 26 i think, etc...) with the fluid animation. The rest of the animation is kinda lame-- the characters are just stiff living dolls.

Gingitsune
July 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
Matsumoto Norio? Who is this guy? :blink

*go off google the name* Oh! he's one of the guys working under image directors, he worked on episode 133, along with some of other guys. According to wikipedia, he worked on episodes 30, 48, 71 and 133 (he's credited for all these episodes, I gave a check at the ending credits) and some openings for Naruto (I gave a check for this one too, he did number 1, 3, 4 and 9), and some opening for Shippuuden (he worked only on the third).

But Matsumoto isn't responsible of the fluide animation, WAKAHABASHI Atsushi, the storyboard writer + episode director + image director of episode 30, 71 and 133 is the one who draw the roughs which MATSUMOTO Norio colored. If you need more evidence, see how episode 48 is stiff compare to 30, 71 and 133.

As for Shippuuden 36, the episode director and storyboard writer is NIGORIKAWA Atsushi (or NIGOKAWA, Japaneses don't seem to know themselves), he also did epiosdes 2, 11, 19, 37, 45, 53 and 61. We don't have him that often on fighting episodes, that's a shame. -_-

adel123456789
July 15, 2008, 09:05 AM
in the lift corner anime naruto with crapy animation and fillers
in the right corner manga naruto with a way ahead plot and no fillers

nat
July 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
And The manga wins all three rounds ..Yay!!Manga FTW!

...Anime, please go away and die while there are some people who still respect you...(Forgive my rudeness, I had to say it)

uchihaj
July 22, 2008, 06:31 PM
It's just hard to watch the anime at times knowing what "Naruto" used to be. Seeing Naruto act like an idiot in the anime nowdays (alot at that with all of the fillers), makes it look like he's learned the bare minimum from Jiraiya. Animation is so much of a let down way too often, and the only times an amazing episode does happen, it's only an amazing shippuuden episode. It can't even sit near a great episode of "Naruto".... Manga is the reason I'm still in this thing (and the video games...).

Baron Hugenstein
July 22, 2008, 08:19 PM
It's just hard to watch the anime at times knowing what "Naruto" used to be. Seeing Naruto act like an idiot in the anime nowdays (alot at that with all of the fillers), makes it look like he's learned the bare minimum from Jiraiya. Animation is so much of a let down way too often, and the only times an amazing episode does happen, it's only an amazing shippuuden episode. It can't even sit near a great episode of "Naruto".... Manga is the reason I'm still in this thing (and the video games...).

Well said uchihaj:amuse
Shippuuden is a let down ever since episode 3.
The only thing i want to hear about Shippuuden is that they either have changed the animation team and there is no filler(but i doubt it:notrust) or it is canceled.

And to think that i was an anime fan more than a manga fan, for the first part:nerve.

duchess of dork
July 22, 2008, 11:15 PM
manga is way better, the story is rather summarized but we get to see the ending faster than just watching anime. but, watching anime gives me clues<i think> on whats brewing up on manga concurrently released for the week. fillers are really annoying and lack the depth of story found in original plot, but i guess anime holds its own surprises, spices up a rather obscured/unfocused scene from manga. so lets say anime is a sugar topping for the manga.

bean
July 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
which is better? HA! that's such a dumb question. What tastes better? Shit (shitpoohden anime) or icecream (manga)? Not only does the anime have worthless stupid fillers, they stretch out the most meaningless moments with staring and repeated animation (when they were going over sai's drawing book, how many times did sakura point out the directions of the drawings? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't just once which would have been enough times). You would think that with all the advancements in animation, they would put more action rather than stretching. OH, and the worst: flashbacks to SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED WITHIN THE EPISODE! Hey, remember those first five minutes of the anime that just happend like 5 minutes ago? NO!? well let me show them to you.

CTG05
July 22, 2008, 11:38 PM
The anime drags out way to long some times. Those chapters that are all talk could be condensed into one episode but often they pace it out so that its one chapter per episode. Then the fillers are always awful, so all in all the anime doesn't even feel worth my time lately.

Jammin
July 22, 2008, 11:38 PM
Well said uchihaj:amuse
Shippuuden is a let down ever since episode 3.
The only thing i want to hear about Shippuuden is that they either have changed the animation team and there is no filler(but i doubt it:notrust) or it is canceled.

And to think that i was an anime fan more than a manga fan, for the first part:nerve.Agreed.

I held out hope for quite a while that things in the shippudden anime would get better. Mainly because of that first 10 mins of the first episode, that scene was perfect. Sadly it has been all downhill from the first 10 mins of the first episode.

The animation is terrible when compared to any decent anime, the filler they added to the plot seems to be written by a 7 year old, and the pacing is insanely and unnecessarily slow.

Also, the fact that Naruto's taijutsu movement has gotten vastly slower since part 1 in the anime fills me with a seething rage:mad.

I started out watching the anime and only started reading the manga during the several years of filler. Now i have given up on the anime ever returning to the quality level of "the chunnin exam arc" and "the Sasuke retrieval arc". In my opinion the Naruto manga is a great story, and the finest manga i've ever read. The anime on the other hand is sub-par animated series in every possible way.

bean
July 23, 2008, 12:07 AM
I didn't know about the manga until the time skip when all the fillers came out. My friend hooked me with the anime and that's all I knew. When I found out about the manga, I went a few months with the fillers saying that I wouldn't read the manga because I didn't want to know what happened...a man can only take so much...little did I know just how much the manga was better than the anime...granted, the pre timeskip anime was awesome, but it's turned to shit.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 23, 2008, 04:42 AM
Was there a change in the production staff for the anime or something?, part 1 anime was great, and part 2 has had only some good parts, I'll still watch shippuden when they get back to canon, and I'm hoping that the shitpoohden stuff is gonna be gone since the fillers should have given them enough time to make good work of the canon stuff.

Mythsoul
July 23, 2008, 07:14 AM
The manga is better....but when the anime is done well...and they dont stretch the fight scenes .......thought watching the animated fighting scenes..are always a treat

Gingitsune
July 23, 2008, 02:07 PM
Was there a change in the production staff for the anime or something?

There was, the series' composition guy, SUMISAWA Katsuyuki, left the staff after episode 135. That's the guy who place what happen in which episode and double check each episode's script. The guy who replaced him, TAKEGAMI Junki, was in charge of the fillers and Shippuuden.

uchihaj
July 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
Oh! I forgot to give credit to shippuuden where it is do... They have the most amazing and completely misleading openings and endings! The animation is great in them, they show cool stuff, and they always make me think for a sec... Maybe the staff is about to get back to the basics again, but then the episodes just sub-par... I love the openings and endings though...

bean
July 23, 2008, 07:05 PM
pre timeskip naruto had the best intros and outros...my favorite (or that I can atleast remember) is the one that is kinda orange yellow and starts with naruto laying on the ground opening his eyes...nothing beats that. Shitpoohden = fail.

Lelo
July 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah I know, all their intros in the first part were good. Even the filler songs. Most of the time I watch each intro before I watch an episode and with Shippuuden I never watch the intros

Baron Hugenstein
July 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
For Shippuuden, the first intro was at the first part's level. It was good.
But for the second intro, they put a really really really horrible songs, enough to drive a person insane

Leen
July 24, 2008, 12:03 AM
Manga is much better.

Example of bad moments in anime:

1. Fillers. Who like it... =/
2. Speed. Anime is too slow. The scene where Naruto is fighting Orochimaru, it takes forever for Naruto to transform to KN3. I kept hearing ARghhhhh.... ARGH.... skin peeling off.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh... for like a full 5 minutes. O__o And if I am not mistaken, the transformation even took 2 episodes to complete. I am exaggerating of course, but it is SLOW.
3. Unnecessary small "fillers"
Remember the first episode? It was a blast but the scene gets repeated second time and this time, Naruto ran halfway out of the tunnel only to trip on a stone. -____-''' Why do you need to change that scene when in real manga and first episode of shippuuden, he doesn't trip.
4. Art
Some of the art lines are just bad. Sorry.

duchess of dork
July 24, 2008, 12:16 AM
yeah, pretime skip naruto anime is is still best. what hooked me up to this whole thing. but hey, speaking of intros-extros---3rd shippuuden ending---the 1 with michi-to you all song by aluto, seems out of storyline---nevertheless, really gave me good ground to hope on sasuke coming back to konoha, :p manga didnt offer me that.... though kishi tipped off he already had a clear outline for the conclusion of the story,<assuming that meant an ending that reconciles with the earliest plots of naruto with sasuke coming home on it> its not very comforting just looking at manga. call me gullible if you like<seems like it indeed> ... but i cant help it, its all intuition.

Lelo
August 01, 2008, 05:24 PM
^ same here, it was the pretimeskip anime that got me hooked, and Yes it was the english version, yeah I know now the english version is soooooooo lame, but back then it was just a fuuny ass show me and my friend watched.

Proxy
August 03, 2008, 11:02 PM
The manga is by far better. It's story is more ahead and it is done by Kishi himself so we can expect his best. But that just for quality 'cause the anime has given Hinata much more screentime, which i love. (i love every ep. she appears...) Hinata-sama!!!!!!!!!!1

duchess of dork
August 03, 2008, 11:14 PM
then doesnt that make anime better for you?

to date, i dont see some skill growth on hinata in the manga.

GaaraoftheDesert77
August 03, 2008, 11:37 PM
I rather see the awsome battles in "motion and color" then boring manga which is too fast for anything and just colorless.....

nat
August 05, 2008, 07:28 AM
You mean awesome battles that put DBZ 5 min. battle that lasts 4 episodes to shame....In the first part the fights were pure action and fun...Now they are physically painful, slow witted, slow paced, horribly animated with lame music :D

I'd rather see the cannon fights (manga) than the liberties of the animation crew. They ruined the best scene so far, 4 tails Naruto...That was supposed to be the most amazing scene ever, alas...

Kaijuu
August 08, 2008, 07:44 AM
They ruined the best scene so far, 4 tails Naruto...That was supposed to be the most amazing scene ever, alas...
Maybe that's why they came up with that idea they're using in the fillers xD They want to show us 4tails-Naruto again to make up for that XD

nat
August 09, 2008, 03:38 PM
I hope not.....I mean making it grotesque once was bad enough, imagine having to suffer through that again....*prepared gun to shoot self or animation crew*

Cool that you are a Sauce fan, I am one too...(I think it is obvious lolz), we need others to defend the poor guy on the forum ^^

latinopuro15
August 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
the manga is 100X better than the anime...for one the manga gets to the point and doesn't waste time with useless fillers, second is the pacing, even though you get it bit by bit it's consistent. the anime on the other hand has full episode of staring and useless dialouge, during which you could've pulled up onemanga and read a quality chapter, at least thats how i feel about.

Hello_Moto
August 17, 2008, 11:00 AM
1 question for every1 wtf happened to naruto chief toad summon like when i saw the chief toad friggen fight shikaku i was like wth naruto why dont u bring him out more often like the toad would have pwned kakuzus face off it just feel like naruto forgot he even had that summon

I am tired of this death = growth stuff that Kishi is pushing right now. He needs to use experience aka missions to develop character strength and growth. I would like to see Tsunade live to had the title over to her successor. Her life has been sad enough Kishi needs to give her a victory.

Pein is obviously a formidable shinobi but taking on Konoha alone? I don't think he will score any significant kills on Konoha shinobi. With all the shinobi in Konoha 6 bodies of Pein and Konan are going to make it to the heart of Konoha and start killing people before they are detected. I don't know what Kishi is planning but I hope the "full assault" is not it. Or at least if he does it doesn't succeed.

umm answer to that post is i think pein has the potential to go in alone if you have been watching the naruto shippuden episodes like 4 guys nearly destroyed konoha by themselves..... i forget there names but 1 of them had this jutsu that made a zombie army

HPTR Fangirl
August 17, 2008, 11:56 AM
I dont think Naruto's gonna get a second element do to the fact that kisi pointed out that wind is the rarest element of them all and I think he just wants Naruto to be a very unique ninja(Huge chakra, completing jutsu that others cant, becoming hokage and still still being a genin and wind element).

Can you tell me the chapter where it's mentioned that "wind is the rarest element?"

Thanks

vintagemistakes
August 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Can you tell me the chapter where it's mentioned that "wind is the rarest element?"

Thanks
I don't know if it ever said that wind element is the "rarest" but Asuma says that its quite rare (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/)

Shinsatsu
August 17, 2008, 12:20 PM

Thanks

It's said in the useless fillers... I mean those last fillers...

llamapie
August 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
1 question for every1 wtf happened to naruto chief toad summon like when i saw the chief toad friggen fight shikaku i was like wth naruto why dont u bring him out more often like the toad would have pwned kakuzus face off it just feel like naruto forgot he even had that summon

umm answer to that post is i think pein has the potential to go in alone if you have been watching the naruto shippuden episodes like 4 guys nearly destroyed konoha by themselves..... i forget there names but 1 of them had this jutsu that made a zombie army

Please don't bring something made up by corporate fat heads as relevent material for a discussion. The fillers are terrible.

Ie:
Naruto gets smacked around alot
Gets knocked out at least 2-3 times an arc (IMO this has never happened in the actual story)

I mean come on if it was the actual story those 4 poorly designed characters would've died without contest.

Hello_Moto
August 17, 2008, 02:28 PM
... i was just saying it was possible never said it was fact
[hr]
i prefer the manga but for the BIG intense fights that come from the manga i always love to see them in anime

neomaster121
August 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
... i was just saying it was possible never said it was fact
<hr noshade size="1">
i prefer the manga but for the BIG intense fights that come from the manga i always love to see them in anime

same
but one thing i realise
when theres no anime for a week i don't atcually mind that much
but when theres no manga for a week its just soo bad so i think manga is far better

Ryodraco
August 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
I don't know if it ever said that wind element is the "rarest" but Asuma says that its quite rare (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/)
So rare that Asuma was in fact the only other ninja in the whole village who was attuned to the wind type. Though I would suspect Temari from Sand is one as well.

<><><>

I think people are far too hard on the anime quite often. The manga is superior over all, but more often than not I like the added details the anime gives.

nat
August 18, 2008, 04:16 AM
Haku had wind, I reckon Gaara did too... But it is interesting that the hero finally gets a power that is rare and elite..

Not always an underdog, it is getting very old "the under-dog thing". Plus they have no time to expand on it...

zerobelow
August 19, 2008, 02:21 AM
I prefer the manga. I have my own pace when reading it and can imagine the battles how I want them eventhough the big battles are done good in the anime, but with the latest filler I think the anime has dropped down a few begs. I dont mind fillers, but I really think they could've put a bit more effort into thinking of something better than just a Kyuubi that Naruto fihts bare-handed, he should've died IMO.

Ryodraco
August 21, 2008, 10:29 AM
I prefer the manga. I have my own pace when reading it and can imagine the battles how I want them eventhough the big battles are done good in the anime, but with the latest filler I think the anime has dropped down a few begs. I dont mind fillers, but I really think they could've put a bit more effort into thinking of something better than just a Kyuubi that Naruto fihts bare-handed, he should've died IMO.
Even though the pseudo-kyuubi is a good deal weaker than Naruto's kyuubi form (like maybe a quarter of the power), not to mention Naruto's resistance to injuries?

Bohemia22
September 01, 2008, 10:58 AM
The anime used to be better, but I personally think Shippuuden got it down. I prefer the manga way more.

krazykone12
September 07, 2008, 08:06 AM
The manga's better srsly, I can't really think of anything else, it just is IMO of course

Kiba_sensei
September 11, 2008, 08:34 PM
The manga is the superior one of the two due to extent and the detail it goes into where is the anime will skip parts and not always follow the manga and its sorta pointless to have an anime that doesnt always follow the manga
i stopped watching the anime a long time ago and the only time i plan to watch it again is when it gets up to pein fighting jiraiya because i cant think of any other better scenes until then

Re0n
September 19, 2008, 06:01 PM
manga is wayyyy better. The scenes are amazing, the angles are just right, and there's clearly much more effort put into it.

shippudden needs to die now plz. The first episode was nice, but thats about it :p, the rest suck. Obviously they hired a bunch of kids who can't draw, have no perception of time, and don't care about the quality of their work. I'm not gunna give examples (too many), if you like the anime (shippuuden) over the manga, I pitty you. I mean they practically don't move anyways... So just go read the manga.... Also the fillers and filler scenes make it incredible cheesy.

Now I just want to know who decided to get that company to animate it. I'd like to pay him a visit... But seriously, their are so many better companies out there and naruto is like the most popular shounen ever, yet it turns into "Naruto Shitpootin". so much wasted potential...

Raizen
September 20, 2008, 12:33 AM
Which ever comes out first so I don't have to keep on waiting and anticipating lol