PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 288 Discussion [Naruto]

Gold Knight
December 08, 2005, 08:09 AM
287 Goodies: RAW, Translations, and Scanlations! (http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=161.0)

Wow! We got a lot of conversation in the last chapter, along with a lot of insight into Sai's personality... and Yamato's idea of camping.

So, who was the mysterious guy at the end? What will all this lead to?

Predict away!

Dragonzair
December 08, 2005, 08:12 AM
I predict that cloak man will reveal his face.

:amuse

And more squabbles courtesy of Naruto and Sai.

Leen
December 08, 2005, 08:14 AM
We will finally see some actions instead of talkings.

The masked guy will be revealed.

They are at the bridge already.

Dragonzair
December 08, 2005, 08:16 AM
Yes! Forgot about that!

More action, hopefully. XD Maybe a confrontation????!?!?! FIGHT!

I'm tired of them talking. And that jutsu Yamato just did. POOF! XD

Just like Harry Potter xD

Zenith
December 08, 2005, 08:20 AM
cloaked person is definitely the spy...yeah... Harry potter...LOL

renrutal
December 08, 2005, 08:23 AM
Just for the laughs, I'll say the man is Obito. :)

Sasuke could be predictable, but being a Konoha missing-nin and a Akatsuki ally is unprobable. Sasori would need a spy to get a minimal of Orochimaru's trust, and three years for someone other than Sasuke to get that is absolutelly needed.

Kabuto... is a possibility.

Of course it could be anyone other than those two, and lately that possibility of new characters have almost always been true. Naruto part 2 is getting a lot of new people.

Dragonzair
December 08, 2005, 08:26 AM
:darn

Too many new people makes it confusing for me in Naruto, except in Bleach.

Well, what do you guys think of Sai's brother's picture book thingy?

Why does it hold so much value to Sai? Maybe Sai does have feelings. :blink

Zenith
December 08, 2005, 08:26 AM
Sai definitely has feelings..just that he's trained or sorta brainwashed into "no feelings" mode by danzou and his gang of crazy ppl.

Chiru
December 08, 2005, 08:28 AM
It's the spy...Rin.

Dragonzair
December 08, 2005, 08:32 AM
Rin. :blink

XD

Yeah, Danzou probably brainwashed him. I don't like Danzou one bit.

chunks
December 08, 2005, 08:33 AM
rin has really bulked up hm? i wouldn't mind seeing a beefy rin. i wonder how this plan will work. you'd think that sasori and the spy would cover such issues as impersonators.

Zenith
December 08, 2005, 08:34 AM
haha...i dont think rin is that tall either (after giving some considerations on growth and stuff since the kakashi gaiden).

moridin
December 08, 2005, 08:41 AM
I am interested to see how the spy reacts, if its a meeting known only to Sasori he's not really going to expect anyone else to be there. I'd predict that we get to see his face next chapter.

also in the long run it might be corny but just like the bridge in the first arc of naruto was named the great naruto bridge i think the first named picture sai draws after learning emotions and love will probably be naruto or something like that

chunks
December 08, 2005, 08:48 AM
also in the long run it might be corny but just like the bridge in the first arc of naruto was named the great naruto bridge i think the first named picture sai draws after learning emotions and love will probably be naruto or something like that

lol that would be terrible. i would never forgive kishimoto.

bebong
December 08, 2005, 03:56 PM
Sasuke or Kabuto, or else I'll sue ya Kishi!! Just see next week!! :)

Zenith
December 08, 2005, 05:07 PM
I just wanna see the spy meeting up with a henge-ed yamato. And see whether yamato-taichou can win an academy award.

bebong
December 09, 2005, 01:20 AM
hm.... I haven't really downloaded it coz my dial-up keeps breaking.... probably yamato will spot that spy and reveal who he is...... possibly Sasuke or Kabuto IMO :)

nine
December 09, 2005, 02:14 AM
but, first they have to face this hooded guy, right? wonder who he is? an anbu guy or an enemy spy?

edit: ekk, wrong exspection..:P.. i though that guy was at the roof that they stayed..gomen nasai..
:s

lexiefaye
December 09, 2005, 07:25 AM
I really hope they make it to the bridge (or an enemy) this week. I do enjoy playful banter but I know, from my own experience no less, that it can be done WHILE kicking ass.

binkansarariman
December 10, 2005, 09:52 PM
eheheh... i got shivers since seeing the spy and all the predictions of who that guy/gal might be... what if that's really Sasuke?? Kishi loves to slow burn things,.. now things in pace, i hardly can sit still...

but why Rin? i think that cloak guy is not someone we knew... mebe his lackeys from the sand, like the ones sasori assigned for Itachi and Kisame.And just like Yamato and Sai, i guess Kishi will introduce more new characters...

And, Sai WILL draw Naruto as someone who is so DEAR to him.. zettai!!! ehehehhehehehe

Chiru
December 10, 2005, 10:02 PM
No matter what, this chapter is guarenteed to be good.

Zenith
December 11, 2005, 12:12 AM
I want to see zetsu in action! Hehe..maybe the spy guy has something to do with akatsuki in general..not just a subordinate of sasori.

Leen
December 11, 2005, 04:52 AM
I like to see what else can Yamato summon besides Kuchiyose : Hilton Hotel no jutsu. :D

Perhaps it will be Persian Cat no jutsu or Cheetah no jutsu or whatever....:D

bebong
December 11, 2005, 05:24 AM
The man in cape can be possibly sai's brother too :p

Zenith
December 11, 2005, 06:40 AM
The man in cape can be possibly sai's brother too :p

Sai's brother! Now that's a good twist ( if it was true anyway ).

Leen
December 11, 2005, 06:54 AM
What about Sai's father? :P

Zenith
December 11, 2005, 07:12 AM
I think probably he's dead or something.

e-s-g
December 11, 2005, 07:24 AM
well, it could be one of the sound 5, Tayuya, Sakon/Ukon, Jirobou, that other big dude and kimimaro. Kimimaro would be cool....
Orochimaru may have revived them at one point.

Zenith
December 11, 2005, 07:27 AM
reviving any one of them would be sorta pointless....but maybe kimimaro would be a good choice..the other 4 are not worth it.

Chiru
December 11, 2005, 10:18 AM
I want to see Sasuke traveling in a new three man cell. The Sound 3. It would make Sakura and Naruto sooooo jealous.

murai
December 11, 2005, 12:33 PM
What if the spy is Tobi? and Tobi is Sai's older brother? :s
But I honestly think that Tobi's more likely than Sasuke.

Chiru
December 11, 2005, 08:01 PM
Okay. Does anyone else think Naruto will be refrenced to as "Konoha's Yellow Flash"? I do. In Kakashi Gaiden, the Iwaninja first thought he was "Konoha's White Fang". Wouldn't it be pretty cool if someone called Naruto the Yellow Flash? He'd be like...WTF!!!

Leen
December 11, 2005, 08:12 PM
I dont want to see Naruto be named as Konoha Yellow Flash. That name belongs to Yondaime. Naruto should have his own name instead. That will be better. :D

Chiru
December 11, 2005, 08:25 PM
Well...yeah... Just like Kakashi was mistakingly called "Konoha's White Fang", but went on to be called "Sharingan Kakashi". It would be funny if Naruto was mistakingly called "Konoha's Yellow Flash" and praised as a hero by the crazy (doped up) people of Kusagakure.

Leen
December 11, 2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what's in my mind. :thumbs Then again, what name will be good for him? Konoha's number 1 moisy ninja? :P

Chiru
December 11, 2005, 08:34 PM
Konoha's dumbass Hokage! :D

Leen
December 11, 2005, 08:35 PM
Konoha's Noisy Hokage! :D

Chiru
December 11, 2005, 10:12 PM
The last two chapters have only had 17 pages... Is Kishimoto giving himself time to do a double chapter?! O_O Or is he just being lazy?

Leen
December 11, 2005, 10:15 PM
Perhaps he's too busy?? :P

deerjing
December 11, 2005, 10:16 PM
Timing no jutsu.........??
o_O

Momochi Gaara
December 12, 2005, 12:39 AM
I want to see Sasuke traveling in a new three man cell. The Sound 3. It would make Sakura and Naruto sooooo jealous.

that would help out with sai being accepted by naruto and sakura...

i predict we finally ging see some action

moridin
December 12, 2005, 01:51 AM
I see a confrontation with the spy at the end of the chapter possibly, there's still the chance that something might occur in the remainder of the journey that gives some action. Maybe a chance for Sai to show us something

bebong
December 12, 2005, 01:55 AM
Sai will show his Kuchiyose no Jutsuin battle and it is an Ink monster LOL!!!! anyways has the naruto forums broke down, I tried going there but the mozilla firefox said the server is error :p maaan

Succubus
December 12, 2005, 03:47 AM
hmm, who is that spy. I guess it's Sasuke or Yondaime O.o ?...

talking about he is stronger.... maybe Yondaime. xP

Leen
December 12, 2005, 03:49 AM
I think that person should be a new character.

Succubus
December 12, 2005, 03:56 AM
I think that person should be a new character.

maybe is that so... which come from village?... what do you think? mm.

nah-nah
December 12, 2005, 03:57 AM
if it's a new character, it's a minor enemy of sorts who won't be very significant... unless it's a spy for one of the more important characters.

Kookyz
December 12, 2005, 03:49 PM
I have a feeling the cloaked person is gonna be a really hot, drop dead gorgeous babe ....

...why are cloacked characters most of the times percieved as a guy.. :/ hehe I just can't wait.. The last image was SUCH a cliffy..

Chiru
December 12, 2005, 03:52 PM
It's the Akatsuki Leader! You don't believe me but it's true!!!!

nah-nah
December 12, 2005, 04:07 PM
XD It really could be anyone. The most likely would be a spy of some sort. :)

It would be cool if it was someone totally unexpected though... But the question is, is it a good or bad guy? It kind of makes it look like a bad guy...

but what if it's someone on their side? *shrugs*

Chiru
December 12, 2005, 04:11 PM
It is..................Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon going Trunks/Goten style. :D

Zenith
December 12, 2005, 04:15 PM
trunks/goten style is 2 ppl..lolz..3 kids piling up on each other would be freaky.

Chiru
December 12, 2005, 05:13 PM
lol Yeah. I'd have a good laugh though. Everyone says its Sasuke or the spy. It would be great if it was Team Konohamaru in disguise.

nah-nah
December 12, 2005, 05:20 PM
XD If it's team konohamaru in disguise, i will give you ten dollars.

Zenith
December 12, 2005, 05:26 PM

LMAO..i'll double that. :eyeroll

barbapapa
December 12, 2005, 07:36 PM
even if its not

we need more Team Konohamaru... or should I say... Team Ebisu ;D

Lizzy-kun
December 12, 2005, 08:42 PM
The cloaked figure is most likely the spy, or if you want to go out on a limb Sasuke, but I doubt that because I can't see Sasuke having his head covered, we'd get some kind of a glimpse of a profile. It would be funny if it were the Akatsuki leader, but he more than likely wouldn't venture out on his own like that especially after the loss of one of his members and the injuries substained by one of his subordinates.

isanon
December 12, 2005, 09:39 PM
any1 think its the white robed anbu from the hokage fight :P j/k

nah dont think its kabuto or sasuke it would be kindof boring if it was hope its a new caracter.

though he will most likely just give some info hten become cannon fodder.

off topic: what haooned to NF ?? ani1 know why it is down ?

Leen
December 12, 2005, 09:42 PM
Isanon, if u want to know, go to the hang out thread, page 25. Look for Dyro's post. Click on the link and that whole new forum will tell u what happen excatly.

bebong
December 12, 2005, 10:37 PM
Next chapter in Friday..... NOOOOO!!! I'm in the airport to China!!!
Well, who knows who the spy is....... HINATA!! (Naaah... Impossible. The world would explode if it is Hinata)

Dragonzair
December 13, 2005, 12:55 AM

Crap, this made me laugh. xD

I can just imagine them standing on top of each other. xD

Well...I'm still thinking its Kabuto. I'm tired of new characters. -_-;;;

LotU
December 13, 2005, 02:25 AM
I'm very sure its Kabuto.

Dragonzair
December 13, 2005, 02:32 AM
It seems likely, or maybe that's just me.

But it'd be cool if it was him. He's going to be the spy.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 02:34 AM
We'll see about that. No one can be sure of anything unless his name happens to be Kishimoto Masashi. XD

chunks
December 13, 2005, 02:53 AM
if it's kabuto then i doubt yamato and co. will get far with their henge plan...

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 03:46 AM
If it's kabuto, I'm gonna squeal. :spaz

Leen
December 13, 2005, 03:48 AM
If it is Kabuto, I'll be glad. :spaz

I always have a feeling that he is working for other parties, not Orochimaru.

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 03:52 AM
I think Kabuto never liked Orochimaru. He may respect him because of his power, but Kabuto doesn't seem like he's an Orochimaru fanboy or anything. I think he wants to overthrow him or something, learn things from him and then kill him or whatever.

i really want to think that Kabuto is a good guy, so i hope he's the spy.

LotU
December 13, 2005, 04:07 AM
I think Kabuto never liked Orochimaru. He may respect him because of his power, but Kabuto doesn't seem like he's an Orochimaru fanboy or anything.

You are going against what the manga has shown, he is quite the Oro Fanboy if i migth say.:

I think he wants to overthrow him or something,

If he wanted that, he would have done it when Oro lost the ability to use his justus. Oro can now use them, so its too late for Kabuto to try anything funny.

learn things from him and then kill him or whatever.

Kabuto is a medical ninja, not a jutsus type like Oro.

Kabuto would have been better off with Tsunade if that was the case.

i really want to think that Kabuto is a good guy, so i hope he's the spy.

Kabuto is anything but a good guy,

akatsuki=bad

Oro=bad

Oro + Akatsuki= Bad Ass :wink

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 04:09 AM
;___; LotU can't even let me dream for a minute.

Oh well, I still love my Kabuto-chan.

LotU
December 13, 2005, 04:15 AM
;___; LotU can't even let me dream for a minute.

My name isn't Dream Crusher for nothing :P

Oh well, I still love my Kabuto-chan.

I like Kabuto a lot, but i guess it still to early to say anything about him, due to hsi past action, but he migth be this spy as someone else mention that the path that Team Kakashi is going through is where they found Kabuto when he was a child

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 04:17 AM
But maybe there's a tiny, itty bitty chance that Kabuto is maybe MAYBE working against Oro? ;___;

Leen
December 13, 2005, 04:18 AM
I believe that if someone can be willing to betray his village, he will be willing to betray his own's comrades too.

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 04:20 AM
<333 I love you, Eileen. :squish

:woo Yay for Kabuto :woo

I wonder what Sai will draw next. XD and if he'll make another chinpo joke.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 04:56 AM
hmm...since sai can draw beast things..just let him draw some bijuus....LOL

Dragonzair
December 13, 2005, 04:58 AM
I predict Sai's gonna draw us some chipos.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 05:04 AM
that would be O.o"....the yaoi fanboys will rejoice! lolz...

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 05:08 AM
If Sai draws chinpo.. I'll be a happy woman.

And Naruto will become a hentai manga. Either that or Sai will join forces with Jiraiya and creat Icha Icha Manga.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 05:09 AM
icha icha paradaisu~ at least if kishimoto ran out of ideas after naruto ends...he still can make a spinoff with that. ROFL

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 05:12 AM
XDDD If he does... I'm gonna buy it. XD

Do you think that we'll see what's going on with the other teams' missions anytime soon? I wanna see more of hot Kiba.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 05:13 AM
all the new guys' outfits are so cool...now if only hinata was sexier :crying I thought we would get to see her in that hyuuga leader outfit thingy like in the narutimette hero 2 game.

Dragonzair
December 13, 2005, 05:17 AM
:blink :blink :blink

Look what I started. :nuts

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 05:23 AM
http://usura-tonkachi.net/images/drawings/naruto/hinatatimeskip.jpg

Now tell me that Hinata isn't sexy.

I hope we see more of her.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 05:26 AM
that doesnt even look like hinata :darn it resembles more like clamp's style of drawing. In my opinion, hinata would look sexy if she is thinner, with better curves and larger more developed breasts. :p

nah-nah
December 13, 2005, 05:28 AM
XDDD You're such a guy, Jason.

Like CLAMP's style?? I'm flattered.. thank you... I love CLAMP.

Zenith
December 13, 2005, 05:31 AM
yes i'm 100% male! w00tage!! and CLAMP is awesome...the best ever series to be produced = chobits. period.

Socio
December 13, 2005, 08:44 AM
I predict, that someone (another Akatsuki member) is also going to henge, into Orochimaru at the bridge. Wouldn't Orochimaru bring Sasuke with him if he realy is there at the bridge?

Dragonzair
December 13, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hmmm.

In that new forum Dyro's created, she's posted that she read somewhere that mr. hood might be Kabuto. xD

Many of you might not believe her, but I do, since that's what I've been thinking before she's mentioned it. xD

Oh, also, the cover might be of Sasori + DeiDei and someone. :blink

Not sure if I believe that, but. xD You'd never know, eh? XD

LotU
December 13, 2005, 09:41 AM
what new foum?

Leen
December 13, 2005, 09:43 AM
This new forum, cop.

http://mokutonshichuuk.kazorum.com/

LotU
December 13, 2005, 09:55 AM
This new forum, cop.

lol, Thanks.

Chiru
December 13, 2005, 01:16 PM
Konohamaru: "Okay guys, now we need to find Naruto nii-chan!"
Udon and Moegi: "Hai!"

UzumakiHyugaRendan
December 13, 2005, 01:25 PM
Konohamaru: "Okay guys, now we need to find Naruto nii-chan!"
Udon and Moegi: "Hai!"

Oh god please no more Konohamaru Crew

The spy is..... Sasori!
Hey wtf isn't he dead?

metalanime
December 13, 2005, 03:12 PM
i think, they will reveal the person, and it will end when they are about to fight, and thats about it.

Meijin no Kori
December 13, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hmm, I think Sakura will become more curious about Sai and try to find out some more stuff about him and the person in the print next chapter. I also think Team 7 will get pretty close to the bridge and discuss some more on exactly how they will talk with the spy. Finally, I think there will be a chance of us learning some more about that cloaked person. And that about does it for my predictions.

bebong
December 13, 2005, 03:51 PM
Probably yes MnK..

lexiefaye
December 14, 2005, 03:05 AM
MnK is probably right but I SO want to see something HAPPEN! Come on Kishimoto! We know what 5 days feels like ... you don't need to make us wait 5 weeks just so we feel the journey :)

If we don't have any action then at least give us more humor (aka like the bathhouse scene) while we wait. Last week had some good frames (the last one, Sakura's reaction to the house for camping) but otherwise was a dud.

Syntaxis_
December 14, 2005, 03:19 AM
They wake up and Sakura starts explaining how Sasori looked, how he talked and his general behaviour. Yamato listens and makes notes while he makes a seal and the entire building goes "poof", with Naruto in it still sleeping.. who drops to the floor and wakes up rather agitated.

We switch to the robed person, he's standing on top of a huge bridge patiently waiting, "finally.. you're here" he says. "Yes, finally..." Sasori says. "You.. you.. you're not Sasori!", the robed person attacks the fake Sasori but is nearly instantaneously blown back by a huge wave of fire. "No! You.. how did you know.." and one more blow.. he's dead. Out of the smoke we hear the fake Sasori laughing.. Orochimaru style.

The smoke clears.

It's Sasuke!

"Traitor. Now let's see how Naruto-kun has done in the past few years". He transforms into the robed man and sits down. "I wonder how Kakashi-sensei has been doing.."

Akasun
December 14, 2005, 03:47 AM
Syntaxis, I like your theory but I doubt its gonna happen, cuz Sasuke knows nothin about Sasori.

Btw, is Naruto Fan Forums working for people? It's been down 2 days for me. It says cannot find forums.narutofan.com etc...

LotU
December 14, 2005, 03:53 AM
Syntaxis, I like your theory but I doubt its gonna happen, cuz Sasuke knows nothin about Sasori.

Btw, is Naruto Fan Forums working for people? It's been down 2 days for me. It says cannot find forums.narutofan.com etc...

lol, i don't know if this is allow here but here it goes.

From my understanding, it should be online by today or tomorrow.

But i also heard there migth be a posssibility that it migth take more days.

If i were you, i take the week off:P

Leen
December 14, 2005, 03:57 AM
Cop, I'll just hang out here even if the NF is down.

Ah, as for 288, Dyro had some news saying that this week's cover will have Zetsu on it?? There's also talking about that the spy might not be Kabuto but someone with the name of Himiko.

Akasun
December 14, 2005, 04:08 AM
Cop, I'll just hang out here even if the NF is down.

Ah, as for 288, Dyro had some news saying that this week's cover will have Zetsu on it?? There's also talking about that the spy might not be Kabuto but someone with the name of Himiko.

Oh sounds like fun. Himiko means I dunno. Lol, Hi has alot of definitions to it lke hail or light (but thats more like Hikari) it could also mean and sunshine ~_~. If the word was spelt hai it would mean ash though.

Miko = priestess, or shrine guardian. Is the person a girl or a boy? So it could be Hail Priestess, or Sunshine Priestess etc... somone has to get a more exact definition of Hi since I'm not sure by hard what the word is.

Anyhow, Zetsu on the cover, sounds like fun. :P

Leen
December 14, 2005, 04:14 AM
Oh, my mistake. Dyro did not mention Zetsu. She mentioned Sasori actually. And Himiko according to her is a female. Sasori in cover??? He's still alive. Another 'dead' Gaara?? :s

Akasun
December 14, 2005, 04:20 AM
Oh, my mistake. Dyro did not mention Zetsu. She mentioned Sasori actually. And Himiko according to her is a female. Sasori in cover??? He's still alive. Another 'dead' Gaara?? :s

Sasori! Even better! :D And so maybe my name anaylsis is correct since she was mentioned as a girl. I actually think Sasori is dead. But you know... if Gaara was revived? Then maybe Haku and Zabuza will be? :D Or even better... Hayate and Sandaime! :P

Leen
December 14, 2005, 04:23 AM
Hayate!!!!!!!!!! :spaz

I want Hayate to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spaz

chauron
December 14, 2005, 04:33 AM
Hm.. sasori in the cover? Hm.. i dont believe until i see it with my own eyes, i dont wanna be fooled..

Leen
December 14, 2005, 04:38 AM
Me too. That's what Dyro said but I dont want to believe it until I see it. :amuse

If it is Sasori, I will go and colour that cover as soon as possible. :spaz

lexiefaye
December 14, 2005, 04:40 AM
If Sasori makes the cover I'll be very surprised ... but it won't be due to his return to life but due to whatever mechanism Kakashi Team uses (Henge? Sai's drawing?) to fake being Sasori.

LotU
December 14, 2005, 05:13 AM

Sasori! Even better! :D And so maybe my name anaylsis is correct since she was mentioned as a girl. I actually think Sasori is dead. But you know... if Gaara was revived? Then maybe Haku and Zabuza will be? :D Or even better... Hayate and Sandaime! :P

If i remember correctly before i was banned by her, i think she said Sasori might be in the Cover for the next volume, not the chapter:P

Leen
December 14, 2005, 05:27 AM
U are banned by her??? :blink

And of course I know what u mean. I will only believe it if I see it with my own eyes.

LotU
December 14, 2005, 05:34 AM
U are banned by her??? :blink

And of course I know what u mean. I will only believe it if I see it with my own eyes.

She also said that Naruto and some other sand ninjas would appaer in the cover.

deerjing
December 14, 2005, 05:36 AM
Seems like Dyro doesn't have any spoilers of 288 for us today.

-EDIT-

*They're saying it's kabuto, because you can see glasses in 288. I'm waiting for piccies.

EDIT:
新キャラのヒミコ登場

New chara, Himiko, appears, It seems it's a girl. I need confirmation, tho.

Maybe it's the spy, not kabuto.

EDIT 2

スパイはカブトです。

Now there are people affirming Kabuto is the spy.

*By Dryoness

Ifuritas-fan
December 14, 2005, 01:05 PM
Heh,

I predicted Kabuto as the spy some while back (actually I'm using it in a piece of fiction I'm doing on Fanfiction.net).

My own personal feeling on the spy issue is that if Kabuto is the spy, it'll turn out that he is actually trying to take down Orochimaru, but not in a "kill him" sort of way. I suspect that he has some axe to grind with the Snake sannin, and that it will turn out that he has been secretly loyal to Hidden Leaf the whole time. Perhaps the issue itself will resolve itself back into something that the Yondaime himself had some part in. (Could it be that the Yondaime was the person that found Kabuto on the battlefield and adopted him into Leaf? Wouldn't that be a twist? And with the Yondaime being Jiraiya's pupil, maybe Kabuto is actually Jiraiya's spy... playing both Orochimaru and the Akatsuki at the same time... feeding them info. Kabuto is about the only character in the series to actually seem to be into intrigues... this sort of double or triple agenting would be right up his alley)

My prediction though is that we will not see definative proof of the spy's identity until after 288. We might see some reflected light from glasses inside the cowl of the cloak... but we will not see the face of the spy for some time to come.

As to other stuff, as I mentioned on NF before it went down, we'll see Sai make some directly disparaging comment to Sakura, and this time there will not be a smackdown. Naruto may take issue with this and jump in, (of course yelling at Sai) and we'll see Sakura watching him do this. I mention this because I think that if we see this, we'll later see Sakura making use of Naruto's continued affections toward her to keep him under "control" since Tsunade has apparently tasked her with this. Her not jumping into it with Sai will be her way of letting Naruto take the lead to encourage his protectiveness of her. I know this sounds manipulative, but I think she is taking her role of "protecting Naruto from himself" very serious, and will play a larger role when Sasuke comes back into the story... but I'll keep quiet on my suspicions there until I see evidence of my other suspicions play themselves out a little.

-Ifurita's Fan

d3vlabs
December 14, 2005, 02:57 PM
Narutoforums Camp - Mokuton: Shichuuka no Jutsu! ::
is down

NF is shakey.

deerjing
December 14, 2005, 05:14 PM
About the new character, Himiko!!

EDIT:
Oh no!
This is a fake! :darn

Gold Knight
December 14, 2005, 10:23 PM
Dyro posted a summary over at the Spoiler subforum;click here. (http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=217.0) 

Please discuss it in this thread, though.

And Ifuritas-fan, I love how you write your predictions.

bebong
December 14, 2005, 11:46 PM
Hmmm... Ifuritas-fan, your prediction is like complications to me since I'm quite a n00b but I still find your prediction interesting :)

Kyuubi Naruto
December 15, 2005, 12:00 AM
Awesome. Team Naruto vs Yamato. :smile-big

I hope. It looks that way.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 12:06 AM
Now I'm thinking that the cape man ain't Sasuke, and no spoilers to who is the MIC (man in cloak)

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 12:31 AM
Dyro's spoiler pics sure seem to make it seem like Yamato is fighting Naruto's team.  Weird.  Maybe it's a training exercise.

In the meanwhile, I thought the face under that hood looked a little like Sasuke... why don't you think it's Sasuke, bebong?

deerjing
December 15, 2005, 12:36 AM
Who will win the test?

bebong
December 15, 2005, 12:37 AM
No hair going down, but the face LOOKS similar... maybe sai's brother. There's a possibility though, and Yamato may win coz he haven't really shon his true extent. Sai and Naruto too, since we only see Sai's jutsu once and Naruto still have "that" jutsu

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 12:38 AM
Hmm, Sai's brother - that would make for a nice twist.

Good one, bebong. ^_^

bebong
December 15, 2005, 12:40 AM
Hehehe, thx!!

deerjing
December 15, 2005, 12:42 AM
Bebong, that's a good one.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 01:09 AM
But we haven't see how Sai's onii-san's face really looks like. Sure, we have seen his hairstyle but, who knows??

himema
December 15, 2005, 01:18 AM
For some reason I thought that he was Sai's brother too. And, I think they are going to interfere with Naruto's and Sakura's mission.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 01:28 AM
maybe, but still not sure, I can't think things that are complicated, I love to say "mendokuse"

himema
December 15, 2005, 01:38 AM
But Sai is a member of the organisation that opposes Tsunade, so I don't think that his goal is at all the same as Naruto's and Sakura's. Plus, it looks like the new teamKakashi leader is a member of that organisation as well.

Or maybe it's all my imagination :/

Dyroness
December 15, 2005, 01:42 AM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9748/sasukespy6fn.jpg

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 01:43 AM
*Chuckles*  Yeah, there's a definite resemblance.  Maybe Sasuke has his hair tied back and is wearing a ponytail now.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 01:48 AM
*Chuckles* Yeah, there's a definite resemblance. Maybe Sasuke has his hair tied back and is wearing a ponytail now.

noooooo.......nooooooo.....anything......anything but that........I love sasuke, I missed him but.....he shouldn't get that gay-ish style... It's ugly OMGz, but in chapter 288 is there that pic Dyro, the Sasuke??, or from other chapters :o

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 01:59 AM
That's from an old chapter - when Naruto first found Sasuke after the long chase and all the battles with the other Sound Nin.

Chapter 217.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 02:03 AM
OOO, haven't read those.. I read from volume one till 19 then I skipped to 26 till 29 and the scanlations

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 02:05 AM
You should read them sometimes ^_^

bebong
December 15, 2005, 02:17 AM
I dun bother to read coz I watched the anime, but yeah, the manga has a different feeling from the anime sometimes. I'll just wait for the Indonesian comic publisher, P.T Elex to publish book 20 to 25. I just read Kakashi Gaiden and when Obito died, it's soooo dramatic!!

EDIT: Several more hours will be good, there will be the RAW!!! yaaaay and tommorow since I dun have skool I'll clean the RAW and give it to my friend o typeset it then upload it again at ysi for the dl!! :smile-big

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 06:40 AM
Sounds like a plan :whoo

Hmm... I definitely predict a training exercise coming up in this chapter, after seeing the spoiler pics.

And I really like the idea of it being Sai's brother rather than Sasuke. It would be extremely odd if the spy was Sasuke.

Leen
December 15, 2005, 06:47 AM
Agree with GK. I really cant imagine Sasuke being the spy. Even the Kabuto being the spy is at least better than Sasuke being the spy. It's just not right, if u ask me.

Gold Knight
December 15, 2005, 07:00 AM
If anybody DOES want to ask Eileen, we have a nice Ask Eileen thread right now. XD

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Thanks GK. Sorry, couldn't resist to edit. :glomp ~eileenting88

By the way, if people are curious, Dyro told me she's taking the day off from camping and that she's tired. So don't expect anything from Dyro for a while. Might have a slow day in that case... but who knows.

Socio
December 15, 2005, 11:22 AM
I don't think it's strange for the spy to be Sasuke, okay wel it's odd maybe but we will get our explenation if it really is Sasuke. Which I hope is the case.

Sai's brother, could he be an Uchiha too? I think so.

Cueil
December 15, 2005, 03:29 PM
I hope it's Sasuke, but I seriously doubt Sasuke is the spy... it is likely that he may have found out and killed the spy and took the spy's place... this is a more likely senerio and it's IC for Sasuke

bebong
December 15, 2005, 03:38 PM
I dun think Sai and his brother are Uchihas :p

nah-nah
December 15, 2005, 03:43 PM
Nah, it's not sasuke. I think Sasuke would have a much more dramatic introduction.

...I wonder if Sai's brother is hot. *crosses fingers and hopes that he is and that he's the cloak guy*

bebong
December 15, 2005, 03:48 PM
....Nah-nah, you may fall in love with Sai's brother later *same case as Itachi* Anyways I have made a reminder to not rush posts in my sig :smile-big

Cueil
December 15, 2005, 03:56 PM
no crap is Sai's brother is with Oro and he was Uchiha then Oro would have already had his Uchiha

himema
December 15, 2005, 03:58 PM
...I wonder if Sai's brother is hot. *crosses fingers and hopes that he is and that he's the cloak guy*

For some reason, I think Yamato is Sai's brother. They even look kind of similar.

bebong
December 15, 2005, 04:00 PM
They don;t really look similar IMO. Look at their eyes

binkansarariman
December 15, 2005, 04:24 PM
i'm more concern with what the Danzou-jiji has up his sleeves & what are the orders given to Sai.. and hey, remember before Naruto+Kakashi+Sakura left for the Sand to save Gaara, lotsa veterans in Kanohagakure had flu.. even Godaime + Gai had it

so is that just a coincidence, or a part of a large sinister in progress?

himema
December 15, 2005, 04:29 PM
They don;t really look similar IMO. Look at their eyes
Well, Yamato is older than Sai, so maybe thats why the eyes look different. I still find them both very similar looking.

murai
December 15, 2005, 04:40 PM
i'm more concern with what the Danzou-jiji has up his sleeves & what are the orders given to Sai.. and hey, remember before Naruto+Kakashi+Sakura left for the Sand to save Gaara, lotsa veterans in Kanohagakure had flu.. even Godaime + Gai had it

so is that just a coincidence, or a part of a large sinister in progress?

They were sneezing because other people were talking about them behind their backs.

bebong
December 16, 2005, 01:08 AM
Kishi put alot of effort on small details...Like tsunade's necklace being with Naruto

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:23 AM
The raw is out!!

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 03:24 AM
Where is it, deerjing?

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:29 AM
http://jump.jojohot.com/rqqb/2005/naruto/288/thumb.html

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 03:30 AM
thank you, deerjing. :)

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:32 AM
We need translations now!!

Momochi Gaara
December 16, 2005, 03:34 AM
thanks deerjing..

aww man i forgot how slow jojohot was on release day :(...

they already cleaned there raw and put up a scanlation.. so where is the real raw?? hmmmm

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 03:37 AM
Is that Naruto Rasenganing into Sai's hand?!? And the wood stuff is awesome!

damn ... just a henge!

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:38 AM
Only 10 pages this time?

EDIT:
It is not a complete raw?! :darn

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 03:44 AM
no, 17. only ten of them work, an dthey're not in order.

sai says something about sasuke again in the last page. :( it makes sakura look a little sad/worried.

Also, apparently yamato wants them to work on their teamwork, so he's told them to come at him with whatever they can, and that's why they're fighting him. naruto uses kage bunshin and henge to transform himself or his clone into sai, while the real one hides behind a tree and draws (or whatever).

I don't know where sakura is.

I like sai's ability even more now, it's actually kind of cool.

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:45 AM
Yeah.

Leen
December 16, 2005, 03:46 AM
Why is it only 10 pages?

Where are the rest??

deerjing
December 16, 2005, 03:49 AM
They have dissappeared. :oh

Maybe Jojohot takes them away. :darn

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 03:51 AM
Jojohot probably took them away or the pictures aren't loading right because there are too many people viewing it all at the same time and that makes it run slow.

barbapapa
December 16, 2005, 03:52 AM
ROFLOL Yamato pwns.

Leen
December 16, 2005, 04:00 AM
Full RAW is out now.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9272010/naruto.rar.html

all 17 pages.

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 04:04 AM
Looks like Naruto is being snooty again ... wonder what Sai says to get him started this time? I NEED A TRANSLATION PRONTO - if only one could learn Japanese by osmosis and pure will power but effortlessly and without the time needed!

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 04:05 AM
thank you, eileen. :)

Leen
December 16, 2005, 04:09 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/9274823/naruto_288_RAW.zip.html

The winzip version for those who dont have winRAR.

himema
December 16, 2005, 04:12 AM
Sai looks so much like a girl in this chapter O_O;;

Gold Knight
December 16, 2005, 04:13 AM
Awesome work, Eileen

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 04:13 AM
i think sai is cute. :) but i don't like his attitude. i wonder what he said about sasuke that made sakura look so... sad, worried.

himema
December 16, 2005, 04:18 AM
i think sai is cute. :) but i don't like his attitude. i wonder what he said about sasuke that made sakura look so... sad, worried.
Yeah, Sai is really cute-looking guy ^^*blush* And, looks like he fights better than Naruto. I wonder what did he say to piss Naruto off again? I hope it's not another "penis" comment. XD

Chiru
December 16, 2005, 04:20 AM
OMG! Yamato is so awesome! So is NARUTO, but lol!!! XP

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 04:21 AM
XD I don't think it is. If it is, then Sai is.. just... weird. XDDD

I think it was funny when naruto saw the replacement making the XP face. XDDD priceless.

Akasun
December 16, 2005, 04:23 AM
Ergh! Naruto is mad at Sai. jrihgjghsjf. Nothing new.

Leen
December 16, 2005, 04:25 AM
Megaupload wont let me upload the .zip file. Is that all right for us to just use rapidshare?

nah-nah
December 16, 2005, 04:26 AM
i think that would be fine, eileen.

Good to hear. I upload like mad but megaupload just wont work. :amuse~eileenting88

himema
December 16, 2005, 04:40 AM
XD I don't think it is. If it is, then Sai is.. just... weird. XDDD

That would mean that Sai is gay for sure XD Actually, I think  I can smell Sai/Naruto fanfiction already XD 

Naruto's face expression when he realized that it's a replacement was so funny, poor Naruto. Isn't it awful to have someone you dislike fool you like that, I feel Naruto will hate Sai more and more now :(

Akasun
December 16, 2005, 04:43 AM
Is it just me.... or Sakura looking a lot more worried than usual in this chapter....

Leen
December 16, 2005, 05:05 AM
Is it just me.... or Sakura looking a lot more worried than usual in this chapter....

I have to agree with u on this. She does look a bit more worried.

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 05:16 AM
I wish I knew what they were talking about ... I agree, haven't seen Sakura this worried since Sasuke left ... she looked was less worried when fighting Sasori!

Momochi Gaara
December 16, 2005, 05:31 AM
yep.. and naruto is looking like he is about to go kyuubi on sai's ass (no yaoi pun intended).. i think even yamato's beginning to realise there are gonna be problems..

sai is pushing the wrong person's buttons... i wonder if sakura will be able to stop naruto if all goes bad..

Jubei Himura
December 16, 2005, 05:38 AM
Technical problem: Anyone got a link that other then rapid share i don't understand how their freaken free 30 days trial work (it doesn't even take me to their subcription page when i press for the 30 days thing).

Thanks

njt
December 16, 2005, 05:40 AM
Just check the raw thread and you'll be set ;)

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 05:40 AM
yep.. and naruto is looking like he is about to go kyuubi on sai's ass (no yaoi pun intended).. i think even yamato's beginning to realise there are gonna be problems.. sai is pushing the wrong person's buttons... i wonder if sakura will be able to stop naruto if all goes bad..

Naruto does look pissed but I doubt he'll Kyuubify over a dumbass sai comment ... think what it took Sasuke to do before Naruto kyuubified then?

One Eyed Sharingan
December 16, 2005, 05:59 AM
O Mighty Translators, let your mercy fall upon us, please give us enlightment, cause we're hopeless and clueless about this chapter, and forgive us for the sins we have commited, AMEN!!!!!!!

barbapapa
December 16, 2005, 05:59 AM
man I dont know what they're saying
but that one expression of Yamato on page6

it floors me everything I look at it XD

holmes221
December 16, 2005, 06:03 AM
O Mighty Translators, let your mercy fall upon us, please give us enlightment, cause we're hopeless and clueless about this chapter, and forgive us for the sins we have commited, AMEN!!!!!!!

Let's pray together ! ^_^

Jubei Himura
December 16, 2005, 06:04 AM
lol Yamato is going to be a funny character in the anime. He's Evil eyes of death remind me of the hypnotic frog in Futurama p.

Hum, so from what i can understand in the manga Naruto uses a Sai henge with one of his KB to make Yamato think both him and Sai are attacking him. While Sai takes the opportunity to make his drawing, the only problem is when Naruto does catches Yamato (who just happens to be a wodden doll, Sai makes his snake bind both Naruto and the wodden doll, which get's Naruto pissed off. Then Sai adds more insult to get Naruto fired up.

hayatehayabusa
December 16, 2005, 06:05 AM
hey is nf working for everyone? i'm just curious, i get a blank screen that's it.

njt
December 16, 2005, 06:12 AM
ya, it's down :s

hayatehayabusa
December 16, 2005, 06:14 AM
well now atleast i know it's not just me, it happened before, but i got back on right away. now it just looks like it's down. lol. anyways, we still got this place, and the raw, so all we need is a translator.

chunks
December 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
looks interesting. i like the cover :)

Ifuritas-fan
December 16, 2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah, Sai is really cute-looking guy ^^*blush* And, looks like he fights better than Naruto. I wonder what did he say to piss Naruto off again? I hope it's not another "penis" comment. XD

ummm... you do know... that that WAS Naruto right? Naruto made multiple clones, and one looked like Sai in the fight. Note the Rasengan he's put in "Sai"'s hand? That's because that's Naruto or one of his clones.

Just thought I'd point that out since you were saying how much better Sai fights than Naruto... since Sai in that instance was Naruto. heh.

Sounds like the Sasuke fangirl phenom is alive and well.

LotU
December 16, 2005, 07:14 AM
When the raw came out?

Its looks very interesting.

Its getting annoying that Naruto is getting pissed every single chapter since Sai appeared.

barbapapa
December 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
Naruto is having his period.

Ifuritas-fan
December 16, 2005, 07:28 AM
Well, we'll see soon enough what made Sakura look so worried.

Again, I think we'll see that she'll use his affection for her to keep him under control.

The thing is, I just can't see Naruto staying mad if Sakura grabs ahold of him.

We'll see soon enough what the translations say.

slumpu
December 16, 2005, 07:43 AM
im wondering, why kishi is mnaking naruto looking out classed compared to the others. it seems they are all one step ahead of him. WHY

Iwanin
December 16, 2005, 07:44 AM

What can I say? I have a weakness for flattery, :p .

I can't translate the chapter for two reasons: one, I am work, and I got here late; and two, half the chapter is *freaking unreadable*.

I can give you a bit of a summary.

Yamato gives them a plan of attack. The objective is to *capture the spy alive*, so they can't seriously wound the person. The way they'll go about it is Yamato going in first and trying to trap the spy. If he's unsuccessful and fighting breaks out, then the rest jump in on his signal.

At this point, they'll proceed using the (wait for it) "buddy system" (I'm not making this up). They will remain always in teams of two.

Well, guess who gets stuck with Sai?

Naruto obviously bitches but Yamato busts out the freaky eyes and shuts him up. Then he proceeds to explain his reasoning, which *I can't*, because the freakin' text is goddamned unreadable! -_- I caught something at the very end about getting to know each other better or something? Bah! Who cares! It's a plot device, at any rate.

So then it's the training. Yamato taunts them (spoiler released yesterday). At that point he notices the rasengan is being done by "Sai". He traps him. He reverts back to Naruto's bunshin.

Naruto gets a hold of Yamato only to find himself the victim of kawarimi no jutsu yet again. Nonetheless, Sai traps them both in his snake jutsu (*cough*), and starts looking for Yamato on his own. Naruto yells at him to cut him loose, but he doesn't.

Then we have Yamato telling Sai to "be gentle" as he thrusts... NOT! :p Nah, you wish. He just congratulates him on being able to catch him.

At this point, Naruto asks Sai if the word "nakama", which in this case could be loosely translated as "friend", is even part of his vocabulary. Sai responds by writing it in Kanji. He tells Naruto not to blame others for his own lack of ability.

He tells him that if he hadn't lost his cool when responding to Yamato's provocation, it would have been over without their bunshin+henge thingy being figured out.

It's rather inefficient covering for guys who lose their cool, says Sai. He was only doing what was best for completing the mission.

Naruto goes back to saying he won't acknowledge Sai as a comrade and member of Team Kakashi.

Yamato is frustrated.

Sai then goes on about Sasuke. He criticizes Naruto for considering a "nakama" even though he betrayed the village and hurt him.

Sorry, I can't read Naruto's answer =P

Sai wonders why Naruto is willing to go so far for Sasuke. Sakura tells him that Naruto looks at Sasuke as a brother. She tells him that, since he has an older brother himself, he could use those feelings to relate to Naruto.

And that's when Sai responds he doesn't have feelings.  :tem

Muromachi
December 16, 2005, 07:51 AM
Thank you very much. Now I got at least a little bit of an idea what the chapter is about.

holmes221
December 16, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Iwanin. summary is better than nothing at all.

Bread-Kun
December 16, 2005, 08:00 AM
This is definetly leading to something important, though where, I can't say. I don't think this was a very significant chapter, But hey, it's all good. Anyone think Sasuke will come back in Ch. 300?

PS thanks for the great translation!

Leen
December 16, 2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks Iwanin. :glomp

Gold Knight
December 16, 2005, 08:14 AM
Iwanin, I took the liberty of copying and pasting your summary and putting it in a thread of its own in the Translations forum. 288 Summary by Iwanin (http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=275.0)

Thanks again!

moridin
December 16, 2005, 08:31 AM
gah I'm getting a little grumpy at how weak Naruto keeps being portrayed, Sai seems to be impressive from what was shown in that chapter but again Naruto gets himself owned in an easy manner :( I wasn;t expecting Sai to catch Yamato either...

oh and Yamato's scary face was back again :D

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 08:35 AM
I don't know if I'll ever get used to Sai saying something like "I have no feelings" with that grin on his face ...

its interesting that he is so honest with them about his lack of emotion ... you would think he'd keep that to himself or use it to his advantage ...

metalanime
December 16, 2005, 08:36 AM
shame on naruto for making his bunshin henge into sai and doing a gay pose.

other than that, a pretty decent chapter

lexiefaye
December 16, 2005, 09:20 AM
"I will do anything to save that friend ... even work with you."

Perfect ... classic Naruto is back - what an unexpected and determined thing to say!

doobious
December 16, 2005, 02:52 PM
was anybody else really disappointed by how Yamato was so easily captured by Sai? It was a real let down, didn't get to see any of his skills sides the trapping with wood thing. I expected a lot more out of him

Akasun
December 16, 2005, 03:42 PM
was anybody else really disappointed by how Yamato was so easily captured by Sai? It was a real let down, didn't get to see any of his skills sides the trapping with wood thing. I expected a lot more out of him

We've seen 3 justsu's of his already, and they all had to do with wood. :o

The Wood Cage, The Wood House and now that Wood Branch Trapping thing. He still hasn't unleashed the 1st's Secret Wood Technique. :P

Gold Knight
December 16, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yes, I have to admit I would have liked to see how exactly Sai captured Yamato. But *shrugs* I guess it's okay, because we see most of the series from Naruto's viewpoint - and it puts us in the same boat as Naruto as far as not knowing how exactly Sai did it.

bebong
December 17, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hmmm... Mokuton Ninjutsu did trap Naruto and Sai...the appearance of snake choujuu giga...and the fake Yamato Lolz