PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 265 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21
March 02, 2007, 11:57 PM
(Anyone else find the title suggestive, or is it just me?)

265. Bang the Bore

Kubo has been having a field day with the revelations, hasn’t he?

We got much more insight into how far Zaeruapollo’s research methods extend, as well as his character. Now, all of the Espada are utter bastards (whether they’re aware of it or not), but Zaeruapollo has made an art form of it. In some perverse way, I like his character more now because of how unique his sadism is, calling his brother a “broken tool box” and asking Renji not to resist so he can research more of his body after he loses.

In a more serious vein, this is the first time we’ve seen someone utilize scientific knowledge to suppress someone’s specific release, which was quite a refreshing change. There can’t be any basic “ZABIMARU BOOM BOOM BOOM!!” like with Ilforte; Renji’s going to have to think this one out if he wants to survive. I’m really intrigued as to where Kubo is planning to take this.

Meanwhile, Rukia is (as I figured) getting owned rather hard, but not simply because she’s weaker. Rather, it’s because A’Roniro already knows how to deal with Rukia’s Shikai dances since he has Kaien’s memories. And then, at the very end, Kubo gives us all what we thought we’d never see…

KAIEN’S MUTHAFUCKIN’ SHIKAI!!!

Apparently, his release and its powers have already been depicted in the Bleach video games he’s appeared in. Considering that only a select few people have releases or powers not shown in the series itself, it’s likely that Kubo gave input into what his release would be to the developers long before he decided to show it here. Personally, I’d love to see Gin’s Bankai, along with Shunsui and Juushirou’s Shikai in action in the manga, since they kicked ass in the games.

To be honest, I can’t really predict next chapter, because there are too many different directions that can be taken from just the two plot points this chapter focused on. So I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Rating – 4.5 out of 5

I repeat: KAIEN’S MUTHAFUCKIN’ SHIKAI!!!

mugen
March 03, 2007, 12:02 AM
yeah makes Kaien look all cool :wtf
anyways seems like Tite did kinda foreshadow this no zanpaktou Renji...
since the beginning of this arc with renji using Kidou...
maybe we see Kidou Renji :jbya

gigantor21
March 03, 2007, 12:07 AM
Ha ha--Renji relying on Kidou to win? That's not very reassuring...

And I was totally caught off guard by seeing Kaien's release. It's just crazy that we're seeing it in this arc, against Rukia of all people.

mugen
March 03, 2007, 12:15 AM
well at least we know that Kaein is in fact still somewhat a shinigami ...
cuz his release was one of a shinigami...
but does that mean Rukia got a stronger opponent than Renji?

gigantor21
March 03, 2007, 12:28 AM
Well, Zaeruapollo did say that his battle power is low. So if it's a straight-up fight, then definitely.

But we can't really separate Zaeruapollo's intelligence and experimental data from the equation. He can build rooms where using Bankai is impossible, after all--anyone would kill for something like that while fighting a Shinigami.

Considering the ranks, though, my guess is that Kaien's battle prowess makes him more valuable to Aizen than Zaeruapollo's intelligence, if only by a little.

mugen
March 03, 2007, 12:33 AM
but according to Kaien if he was speaking the truth, Aizen does not know #9 is Kaien...
anyways if Renji is that dumb I'll doubt he will stay in that room..
and when he does he will eliminate #8 :oh
and maybe Kaien has bankai..... or will go hollow thus revealing Aizen's espada might contain some ex-shinigami as well thus indicating maybe Vaizards are connected to Aizen :oh

sahugani
March 03, 2007, 12:38 AM
great review as expected. this chapter definately brings alot more evidence to the Espada personality as well as to the mind behind Kaien's body. Unfortunately, the evidence for the latter is still short of actually figuring out the full truth.

as for Renji, this is going to be a tough battle for him as he will need to rely on strategy to survive.

if all goes well, i'll have my review up tonight. with the stress of yesterdays midterm and the chaos of the extended RAW day (as well as my ADD med wearing off), i've had a hard time concentrating for a while

gigantor21
March 03, 2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks, sahugani! And good luck with the review.

In regards to Renji vs. Zaeruapollo, I don't see what good Dondochakka's going to be in this fight. Hopefully, it won't be something stupid thrown in for canon-filler like the Infinite Slick--I want it to actually help.

Gold Knight
March 04, 2007, 02:03 PM
What did Gin's bankai look like in that game? o.O

And yeah, I agree that it's good that Renji is going to have to strategize a little bit. ^^

destinator
March 04, 2007, 02:07 PM
I dont really know where my Bleach GC is but If I find it later I maybe could post a game vid of kaien and or gin ^^

gigantor21
March 04, 2007, 04:14 PM
Well, the Wikipedia site said that it was basically Gin shooting Shinsou into the air, and then several giant copies of it shooting down from above. It might just be me, but that sounds kinda dangerous.

Anyhow, I don't see what Rukia can do here. Sihouette suggested that she opens a hole in A'Roniro's quarters to let sunlight in, but I still don't know whether he's actually hurt by it, or that the Hollow is just nocturnal. Plus, I wouldn't Rukia to win in such a basic way, considering the gravity of the fight itself for her.

Gold Knight
March 04, 2007, 07:56 PM
The light might be the key to "waking up the real Kaien," though.

gigantor21
March 04, 2007, 09:36 PM
The light might be the key to "waking up the real Kaien," though.

Perhaps. It could also cause physical damage, too, though, without bringing Kaien back--you never know.

destinator
March 05, 2007, 03:12 AM
Kaien and Gin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_HmmW6EB4 ^^

gigantor21
March 05, 2007, 08:42 AM
Kaien and Gin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_HmmW6EB4 ^^

NICE~! Thanks, des!

Looking at that video makes it seem more legitimate, somehow. And Gin's Bankai looks like it'd be murder...which makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

(By the way, what's Gin's Bankai called in the game?)

destinator
March 05, 2007, 12:27 PM
NICE~! Thanks, des!

Looking at that video makes it seem more legitimate, somehow. And Gin's Bankai looks like it'd be murder...which makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

(By the way, what's Gin's Bankai called in the game?)

I dont think its bankai, more a special more. Because if characters use their bankai in the game they at least speak it out ^^

gigantor21
March 05, 2007, 01:37 PM
I dont think its bankai, more a special more. Because if characters use their bankai in the game they at least speak it out ^^

Hmm...that's true. It seems pretty crazy to just be an alternate Shikai--but considering Aizen and Yamamoto's Shikai, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Gold Knight
March 05, 2007, 02:08 PM
Seeing Gin's special move, I don't think it would be his Ban Kai. It's not as impressive as most of the others' Ban Kais if it is.

But nice vid, des! I guess Tite Kubo did have a hand in that game, Kaien's trident looks just like how it looks like in the manga.

gigantor21
March 05, 2007, 02:18 PM
Now, all that's left is seeing the powers of Ukitake and Shunsui's Shikai. I doubt we'll see them anytime soon, though...

And in regards to Kaien's Shikai, I'm interested in seeing what kinds of specific abilities Nejibana has beyond water manipulation--since that seems like a terrible match-up against Sode no Shirayuki's freezing dances.