PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 219 Discussion [Bleach]

Hermie
March 09, 2006, 05:31 PM
218-Candy! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1876.0)

Wheeee, Bankai Ichigo fight!! :D
But where o where is old man Zangetsu? :o

Predict away!!

Galth
March 09, 2006, 06:58 PM
Zangetsu will show up at the last moment :knk and save Ichigo, like he said he would next time :woo

Hollow-Ichigo's body will beat up that girl vaizard until one of the vaizards ( pref. Hiyori ) shows of the vaizards version of the Soul Release to stop him...

Gold Knight
March 10, 2006, 06:06 AM
I'm waiting on further translations to see what Anti-Ichigo was chattering about as far as Zangetsu Oji-san. I don't think Zangetsu will appear in the next chapter, but rather I think Ichigo will actually get overwhelmed for a while and the Vaizards will have to deal with Anti-Ichigo on a rampage.

Dragonzair
March 10, 2006, 11:16 AM
*pouts*

No Urahara?!?! :yelling

:nerve

--------------------------------
*sigh* Oh well. I also believe Sangetsu will appear in the next chapter. >_>

antukecik
March 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
ichigo fight with ban kai... hollow ichigo must be the winner

venicia777
March 11, 2006, 01:23 AM
next chapter- ichigo will see how much of zangetsus powers he hasnt learned. Hochigo will beat him good. the vizard will have it tough fighting vizard ichigo. i hope zangetsu doesnt come to save ichigo this time.

vaizards
March 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
maybe nect chapter chad and urahara character will be shown

venicia777
March 11, 2006, 04:06 PM
i wish those guys are given some more exposure. i will be happy if they get shown at their respective trainings. But i will be more delighted to see Hochigo kick the heck outa of ichigo. Like i said earlier a good dynamic will be to see ichigo lose for once.

Miso
March 11, 2006, 07:16 PM
next chapter- ichigo will see how much of zangetsus powers he hasnt learned. Hochigo will beat him good. the vizard will have it tough fighting vizard ichigo. i hope zangetsu doesnt come to save ichigo this time.

:ossu
Nice interpretation, venecia777!
I also think that there is some potential left for Ichi to learn about Zangetsu's powers. So it would be nice to see some of this.
Hichi will beat him to a pulp at first but do you all really think that he will win in the end? I think that Ichigo will win somehow. Wouldn't it be bad if his Hollow version won because that would turn Ichigo into a complete Hollow. I can't image things going on this way. If Ichi was a complete Hollow he wouldn't be himself anymore.

freespace2dotcom
March 12, 2006, 09:08 AM
I dunno, but I've got a suspicion that hichigo's bankai may resemble an arrankar's release in some way. it would be very interesting and show how a hollow's and shinigami's powers manifest themselves. (and by extension hybrids and why the arrancar's releases are so different from shinigami's, because their powers are drawn not from the same source. although they certainly have both, the hollow maintains dominance over the zanpakutou .)

mercycubed
March 12, 2006, 01:55 PM
when this is all over, it seems like a good time for Ichigo to get a new shape to his zanpakatou...assuming the zanpakatou will be a merger of zangetsu and hichigo

cygnus
March 13, 2006, 06:47 AM
They will fight. Hichigo will reveal a new Bankai technique. Zangetsu will tell Ichigo how to do it and/or counter it. On the outside, Hichigo will calm down for a bit and then totally destroy someone.

beeinblue
March 14, 2006, 03:04 AM
I'm just hoping for some more information on what's going on since 218 left me with a lot of new questions. I think Hollow-Ichigo is going to easily kick Ichigo's butt and, like venicia777 said, he's going to introduce some awesome new moves in the process. Then maybe, (I'm crossing my fingers), Zangetsu will show up and explain some things.

kamo_kun
March 14, 2006, 12:04 PM
I too am afraid that Ichigo might lose to his soulcutter personification,
so that vaizards' control in this situation can be established;

I mean, either Witsigo can and will go on a rampage maiming anything that moves until Ichigo takes control,

or Witsigo -as many suggested- is about to kill Ichigo and take over for good when the vaizards break the ritual (or whatever they were doing), which presupposes they can handle Wichigo.

While Ichigo is not my favourite character in bleach, I think that this is a fight he shouldn't lose.

First of all the "lose for once" view is uncalled for, I mean..GOD.. the guy is losing steadily since he got his ban kai!
He all but lost to Byakuya -fortunately for him Wichigo was there to pull him out of his predicament,
he got totally owned by Aizen,
he was saved from Yami and Ulquiola by Urahara and Yoruitsi,
he was about to be annihilated by Grimjaw only to be saved again -and this time by the enemy!,
and he was getting his ass kicked by Hirako and especially Hiyori who were not really serious, until the Ultimate Power came out.

Secondly this is not a battle of skills and wits, it is one of willpower -not that Ichigo lacks any of the previous but his willpower is immense!

So I hope Ichigo wins this on his own.

EvilSniffles
March 14, 2006, 03:28 PM
first few pages the ban kai heats up, rest of the manga will either do one of three things, one show the outside hollow ichigo fight b/w risa, show chad's training, or show what orihime is doing....though does anyone know what exactly she is doing?? oh yeah another which I doubt is show ishida's training...very unlikley since that will be a short arc told by him, maybe, maybe not. Another note, can all the varizards do ban kai, or what? hirako(girl I think) wanted ichigo to do it, whiched to me seems like she can handle it or do her own and beat him down. not really sure myself.

MadTact
March 14, 2006, 03:41 PM
I think Ichigo is going surprised that the hollow can use Ban Kai. It seems basically this is a fight against himself and the hollow will know his fighting style/moves at the start of the fight.

beeinblue
March 14, 2006, 09:19 PM
I have trouble believing that Hollow-Ichigo would kill everyone in sight; he seems to be more organized than that.

I still stick by what I said; that Ichigo will loose this fight. I can see something that the Vizards weren't expecting, like actual teamwork between Ichigo and Hollow-Ichigo brought about through Zangetsu... maybe? Truly I'm very confused at this point about what's going on and am just hoping for some clarifacation in 219.

first few pages the ban kai heats up, rest of the manga will either do one of three things, one show the outside hollow ichigo fight b/w risa, show chad's training, or show what orihime is doing....though does anyone know what exactly she is doing?? oh yeah another which I doubt is show ishida's training...very unlikley since that will be a short arc told by him, maybe, maybe not. Another note, can all the varizards do ban kai, or what? hirako(girl I think) wanted ichigo to do it, whiched to me seems like she can handle it or do her own and beat him down. not really sure myself.

Poor Orihime, she doesn't get enough attention. :amuse At least we have a clue as to what Chads up to.

Galth
March 14, 2006, 10:17 PM
She's having tea-parties with Matsumoto (:ebisunb)... her story at the moment is actually the most interesting... :crying

beeinblue
March 15, 2006, 05:10 AM
I'm reading that as you not liking the current Bleach arc? :wtf

graphic_content
March 15, 2006, 05:26 AM
i like the idea of Hollow-Ichigo beating Ichigo this time around, its almost as if he has to accept every part of himself to be whole...

...and i would have to agree that if Zangetsu saved Ichigo, it would kinda suck,...because its as if Zangetsu still has to hold his (Ichigo's) hand...which im hoping by now...should not be the case...

I'm actually really curious to know how the Gotei 13 is handling the situation...at last we saw...a Captains meeting was taking place...and im really wondering how they are gonna moblize after hearing Hitsugaya's report. (Byakuya versus an Espada...now that im looking forward to :)

MadTact
March 15, 2006, 12:29 PM
...and i would have to agree that if Zangetsu saved Ichigo, it would kinda suck,...because its as if Zangetsu still has to hold his (Ichigo's) hand...which im hoping by now...should not be the case...

Hmm i agree to somewhat with this, but Ichigo didnt go through the regular training that others did, so they are things that people on his level can do or would know but he doesnt. Its almost like a baby learning to walk before crepping to me.

showland
March 16, 2006, 03:45 AM
eh... We'll see a page or two with rukia still searching for ichigo or with his family talking about how to find him. We'll also see a few pages on the possibly ban kai fight. We are still not sure it can be done yet. But I'm assuming it can. Then it will show a couple more pages between Hollow Ichigo and Risa and co.

I dont presume we'll see anything on ishida's fight until after Ichigo has beaten his hollow. I am almost positive that Ichigo cannot defeat his hollow through physical fight, ban kai or not. My opinion is that Ichigo will use some emotion to claim his soul. That will power is what I think allows Ichigo to beat his hollow. But like I said, physically I dont see it possible. Ofcourse, somehow, I see ichigo bringing zangetsu out and using some final shot, probably a getsuga, to end the fight with zangetsu in the background chanting him on. Similar to the Zaraki fight.

As far as Chad goes. We are not entirely sure that Urahara accepted to train Chad at all. All we saw in the manga was that Chad begged for it. But, knowing urahara, He probably let Tessai work with him if anything. If this is the case, Chad wont enter the picture for a long while to come. We wont see Chad till after Ichigo and Ishida blow over.

I'm more incline to say that I wont be satisfied with this manga until I learn more about Isshin: who he is, his past, and his relation with Urahara.

EvilSniffles
March 16, 2006, 06:20 AM
I have trouble believing that Hollow-Ichigo would kill everyone in sight; he seems to be more organized than that.

I still stick by what I said; that Ichigo will loose this fight. I can see something that the Vizards weren't expecting, like actual teamwork between Ichigo and Hollow-Ichigo brought about through Zangetsu... maybe? Truly I'm very confused at this point about what's going on and am just hoping for some clarifacation in 219.

I agree with you on that hollow ichigo is smart and intelligent to know what he is doing.

And ichigo somehow getting the anti to work with him ie cooperation seems plausible but not that strong...unless ichigo holds something over the head of the anti ichigo. Also anti ichigo could be his fear manifested or other traits, traits that he denies maybe.

I'm more incline to say that I wont be satisfied with this manga until I learn more about Isshin: who he is, his past, and his relation with Urahara.

ok from what I picked up isshin is like urhara a shinigami living in the living world. he took the form of a body(the thing that urhara gave rukia in the first place but not hiding him) he most likely stopped being a shingami when he fell in love with ichigos mom. I think he might be vice captain to urahara or maybe another captain? but vice captain seems more plausible ( just look at his outfit when he fights the kingfisher or is it grandfisher) His shingami powers are what makes ichigo have his too ( my assumption) isshin seems to be the type of father that likes to watch his kids do things their own way. he will step in when he needs to and do what he must, reason why he wasn't there when ichigo's mother died could be that when he stopped being a shingami he stopped using what powers he had to not detect hollows, in the hopes that he won't attract them. Also this arc the anti ichio seems to be 5 chapters long or will be to me 5 or less. The whole espanda arc seems to be about 3 volumes long not including what has happened....though I might be over doing it with 3 volumes....

beeinblue
March 16, 2006, 07:12 AM
I agree with you on that hollow ichigo is smart and intelligent to know what he is doing.

And ichigo somehow getting the anti to work with him ie cooperation seems plausible but not that strong...unless ichigo holds something over the head of the anti ichigo. Also anti ichigo could be his fear manifested or other traits, traits that he denies maybe.

Yeah, it was just a guess on the cooperation thing. I'm pretty close to clueless on guesses about what's going to happen between the hollow and Ichigo. This arc is so awesome! :amuse

ok from what I picked up isshin is like urhara a shinigami living in the living world. he took the form of a body(the thing that urhara gave rukia in the first place but not hiding him) he most likely stopped being a shingami when he fell in love with ichigos mom. I think he might be vice captain to urahara or maybe another captain? but vice captain seems more plausible ( just look at his outfit when he fights the kingfisher or is it grandfisher) His shingami powers are what makes ichigo have his too ( my assumption) isshin seems to be the type of father that likes to watch his kids do things their own way. he will step in when he needs to and do what he must, reason why he wasn't there when ichigo's mother died could be that when he stopped being a shingami he stopped using what powers he had to not detect hollows, in the hopes that he won't attract them. Also this arc the anti ichio seems to be 5 chapters long or will be to me 5 or less. The whole espanda arc seems to be about 3 volumes long not including what has happened....though I might be over doing it with 3 volumes....

I'm speculating that Isshin is a captain because of his shinigami outfit. You can see what looks like the remains of a captain's coat. I was talking to a friend about it and he suggested that Isshin may have had his memory erased or lost it. I like your idea though; that he lost his ability to detect hollows. I still wonder why in the first volume he let that hollow hurt his family though. Ichigo's mom is a bit more understandable because he wasn't around when it happened.

showland
March 16, 2006, 03:11 PM
When I said I wont be satisfied with the manga until I knew more about Isshin, I didn't mean I wanted speculation. I want facts fromt he manga. Everything said in response to that statement is nothing but speculation. I've heard it all.

hyde-chan
March 16, 2006, 03:51 PM
Has anyone scanlated Bleach 219? Even the raw version, is it already available??

Leen
March 16, 2006, 03:54 PM
No, it is not out yet. Once it is out, you will see the 219 thread ready.

Miso
March 16, 2006, 05:45 PM
Please, no spam. ;)

As soon as the RAW is out our hunters will find it and we will post and host it here.

nedeti
March 16, 2006, 09:43 PM
i was told a raw is on the net on a chinese website

murai
March 16, 2006, 09:58 PM
They have some pics up at Bleachforums.com, Looks like a really interesting chapter.

venicia777
March 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
:( damn, where is the raw lol... ill do research
calm down!!! it will be out soon. anyways,  if you do research and find it let us know!!!

well, i found a raw on www.isohunt.com

deathblaster
March 17, 2006, 04:09 PM
Seriously, his sword is destroyed? How can he do anything now? He doesn't know any of those destructive art things, and hand to hand combat will be useless because Nameless has a sword. I see no way around Ichigo being beaten to a bloody pulp and then executed. Maybe I have little faith, but jeez, no sword?

MadTact
March 17, 2006, 04:10 PM
The raw is out

Galth
March 17, 2006, 04:35 PM
Seriously, his sword is destroyed?  How can he do anything now?  He doesn't know any of those destructive art things, and hand to hand combat will be useless because Nameless has a sword.  I see no way around Ichigo being beaten to a bloody pulp and then executed.  Maybe I have little faith, but jeez, no sword?

Moved your post over here...

conan
March 17, 2006, 04:50 PM
Seriously, his sword is destroyed?  How can he do anything now?  He doesn't know any of those destructive art things, and hand to hand combat will be useless because Nameless has a sword.  I see no way around Ichigo being beaten to a bloody pulp and then executed.  Maybe I have little faith, but jeez, no sword?

ichigo has been through worse before,he almost turned into a hollow in the shattered shaft,he almost got killed the first time he met byakuya and renji etc......
you wanna know what happens youl just have to wait til next week.
on topic , i think ichigo needs to get a grip first, he doesnt know how powerful his hollow is and keeps giving a stupified expression whenever hollow ichigo does something,
i think there is only one person who can help him,since that person understands ichigos inner world and how its mechanics work,Zangetsu, i think he will show up next time
and i still believe ichigo is gonna beat hollow ichigo.

krazy_karma
March 17, 2006, 09:27 PM
ichigo has been through worse before,he almost turned into a hollow in the shattered shaft,he almost got killed the first time he met byakuya and renji etc......
you wanna know what happens youl just have to wait til next week.
on topic , i think ichigo needs to get a grip first, he doesnt know how powerful his hollow is and keeps giving a stupified expression whenever hollow ichigo does something,
i think there is only one person who can help him,since that person understands ichigos inner world and how its mechanics work,Zangetsu, i think he will show up next time
and i still believe ichigo is gonna beat hollow ichigo.

he has to beat the hollow ichigo.. otherwise where else can the author take it?
hollow ichi wins --> vaizards kill hollow ichi ---> gg to Bleach

conan
March 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
he has to beat the hollow ichigo.. otherwise where else can the author take it?
hollow ichi wins --> vaizards kill hollow ichi ---> gg to Bleach

yes but the intresting thing is how it all happens, and watching ichigos facial expression while beating down his hollow is quite worth it .
dont you think. :amuse

SpotTheCat
March 18, 2006, 02:16 AM
my guess is the vaizards help him out

Aolus
March 18, 2006, 02:39 AM
This is not about power, it is well established that Hichigo is crazy more powerful. So without his Zangetsu it is going to deal with some inner soul power (lets hope it doesen't get cheesed). It also seems like the Shinigami crowd is extreamly limited in their ability (thus the reason for all the happenings in soul society). Ichigo was in the rank of the captain when he left Soul Society, and I have a feeling the vizards are exponentially more powerful. So i doubt the story will send Ichigo back with Soul society. They seem almost useless now.

venicia777
March 19, 2006, 12:29 AM
This is not about power, it is well established that Hichigo is crazy more powerful. So without his Zangetsu it is going to deal with some inner soul power (lets hope it doesen't get cheesed). It also seems like the Shinigami crowd is extreamly limited in their ability (thus the reason for all the happenings in soul society). Ichigo was in the rank of the captain when he left Soul Society, and I have a feeling the vizards are exponentially more powerful. So i doubt the story will send Ichigo back with Soul society. They seem almost useless now.

first- i concur. ichigo can only defeat hochigo if he finds something he hasnt used before or much of- for example an inner sort of strength. that is what will make this plausible. In the first place hochigo is his other self-part of him, and dwells inside him- so it is up to him to find something inside that will overcome this guy.

but i doubt the shinigami are powerless. if they were aizen would have destroyed them a long time ago. Or rather before aizens treachery the hollows would have done that. They have something we havent been shown yet- you can count on it.

even though far back when this fight started i was the one who started campaigning for kubo to do something new - like make Hochigo to whoop up ichigo. and possibly agree for a union/merger with ichigo. although i havent changed my perception on that Now i just hope ichigo can find something to make this match a worthy combat

aylw
March 19, 2006, 08:03 PM
first- i concur. ichigo can only defeat hochigo if he finds something he hasnt used before or much of- for example an inner sort of strength. that is what will make this plausible. In the first place hochigo is his other self-part of him,  and dwells inside him- so it is up to him to find something inside that will overcome this guy.

but i doubt the shinigami are powerless. if they were aizen would have destroyed them a long time ago. Or rather before aizens treachery the hollows would have done that. They have something we havent been shown yet- you can count on it.

That sounds about right.

From the talk of Hichigo about only knowing how to "copy" techniques, I'ma gonna put my bets on him doing something New, a -la some inner-power thing. I'm hoping he pops his own sword. We know that the Sword is his Shinigami power (Zengetsu), Hollow Mask is his Hollow power (Hichigo). This dynamic is apparently what gives all people their soul powers. BUT, Ichigo is different than the Shinigami, Vaizards, and Hollows. He's NOT DEAD yet, and he's been awakening all these wierd non shinigami/Hollow powers within his friends. So I'm gonna throw it out there, and Guess he's gonna show Hichigo his "special power" and prove to his evil half who's boss. Maybe it'll be a magic missile-launcher or something.

I agree that the Soul Society is far from useless. They only have access to Zanpaktou soul power, so they're, I suppose, 1/2 as powerful as Viazards or Arrancar of the same skill level. But all the kids tapping into both soul-power resevoirs are young - there don't seem to be Viazards or Arrancar as skillful, as, say Yamamoto Genryuusai, Aizen, or the as of now yet to be seen Vastoorode.

In addition, I'm willing to bet we'll see some of those Shinigami turn into Viazards, just as some Hollows turned into Arrancar. Aizen for sure (although that's kind of a bad thing for the good guys), and maybe some of the more power-hungry restless guys like Renji and Ikkaku. Hell Zaraki Kenpachi is almost Hollow-like in behavior already.

whatever, there is a LOT of different stuff that can happen, and I'm sure it'll be hella cool.

-Aylw

showland
March 20, 2006, 03:04 AM
Actually, I predict ichigo re-materializing his zanpakuto within his soul. What triggers this action, I have no idea *insert usual motivating emotion*. This re-establishment put ichigo in momentum and thus he takes out his hollow part of himself.

Paine8823
March 31, 2006, 03:08 PM
There's something i dun understand. What will happen to Ichigo if he loses to the Hollow?? Will he get absorbed by it or something? Since his bankai is gone, it's positive he will lose, right?

>_____< so confuzed