If you would like to play, please announce your participation here. This thread is strictly for announcing your participation and discussing the games rules. Once enough people have joined the game will be played in the separate "Mafia Game Thread".
Welcome to MH's first "Mafia Game". The MH specific game rules will be explained below.
Players will be secretly assigned two roles. One group will play the "Mafia" role; the other group will play the "townspeople" role. The townspeople will not know who other townspeople or Mafia members are. However the Mafia members will know who is a Mafia member and who isn't.
During the day phase, all of the players debate the identities of the Mafia members and at the end each person will vote to eliminate a suspect. This is carried out in the "game thread". In the game's "night" phase the Mafia will discuss through PM’s (which will be sent to the moderator when it’s over) on who they should kill. They will then send the unlucky person’s name onto to the moderator. Play will then continue until all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or until the Mafia outnumber the townspeople.
A typical game will start with a minimum of 9 players, 7 Townspeople and 2 Mafia members. The members that will be Mafia and Townspeople will be chosen through a random list generator . Whereby the participating player’s names will be put in and after the randomisation the Mafia roles will go to the names at the top of the list. This is to avoid butthurt and favouritism accusations. :'[
Lastly, the numbers of Mafia Members depends on the number of participants:
- 7 - 9 = 2 Mafias
10 - 15 = 3 Mafias
16 - 20 = 4 Mafias
More rules on the two phases. The game will be split up into two phases: Day and Night
PHASE 1: DAY
This is where you discuss /argue about who is and isn't mafia. As soon as the day phase starts, you are allowed to vote. The day phase will take place strictly inside the “game” thread. Any discussions regarding the day phase outside the thread will be dealt with severely.
VOTE KILL [User]
This will be the manner in which you vote. Make sure it is clearly displayed in your post (i.e. please try not to put it in spoilers etc as it could be missed).
You can also abstain by voting to lynch no one. A Abstention should be similar to a voting kill e.g:
[User] Abstains from voting
You will be only allowed 1 vote change per phase. So use your vote wisely. Day phase will last about 24 hours, or until the moderator gets a majority on votes for one person (majority = half +1)
PHASE 2: NIGHT
There should be no posting in this thread during the night phase.
During the night phase, the mafia members will collaborate and choose who they want to kill. They will not do this in the thread, but via PM's with each other.
At the beginning of the game the Mafia members will be informed of the other members. The Mastermind must PM the moderator telling them their choice for the night's murder. They should also pm the PM discussions separately. There can only be on death in the night phase therefore the mafia members must come to an agreement.
If you don't send in your night kill before the night phase ends, then your action will not get performed. You can send your night actions during the day phase, if you think you will not be online.
Night Phase lasts 24 hours, or until the moderator gets the night kill.
Absolutely DO NOT discuss the game outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia members discussing it with other mafia through pm's). This is so that people do not reveal their roles and ruin the game. Don't post any screenshots, PMs or anything similar that can reveal your role. If you cheat, you will automatically be killed, and will not be allowed in future games.
Try and be active in every day phase by trying to post at least once. This is to promote activity. If you are busy in real life, send the moderator a PM to warn them.
Dead people can't talk. So don't post once your character is dead; do not help others once you are dead. You can however, lurk the thread.
PRO PLAYER ROLES:
- Detective (Townie): Can 'investigate' one person per night phase i.e. Ask a moderator through a PM about a players allegiance. (GAME 1)
- Doctor (Townie): The Doctor can "save" a person per night phase i.e. He will PM a moderator during the night phase and can request to save a player, that player then cannot be killed during the night phase by the Mafia. (GAME 1)
- Insane Detective (Townie): Can 'investigate' one person per night phase, just like the Detective. As against him he will always get the opposite result though. The Insane Detective does not know about his own Insanity. (GAME 2)
- Freeman (Townie): The Freeman is like a regular Townie, with the exception that if he is killed during the night or lynched during the day the next Day phase is skipped. (GAME 2)
- Hider (Townie): Each night the Hider may choose another person to hide behind. If somebody tries to kill the Hider while he is hiding then the kill fails. If the person that the Hider is hiding behind is killed then both of them die. If the Hider is hiding behind the person who tries to kill the Hider, then the kill succeeds. (GAME 3)
- Insane Doctor (Townie): The Insane Doctor has the Doctor's ability to prevent death, but has a 50% chance of killing his target instead of protecting him. The Insane Doctor does not know about his own Insanity. (GAME 5)
- Prostitute (Townie): The Prostitute/Role Blocker chooses one player per Night to distract. That player will be prevented from performing his Night Choice, if he has one. It doesn't matter if the chosen player is a Townie or Mafia. (GAME 6) New!
- Bulletproof Townie (Townie): The Bulletproof has a permanent protection from Night Kills. Any attempts to kill him at Night will fail, so the only way he can be killes is being lynched at Day. (GAME 6) New!
- Naive Doctor (Townie): The Naive Doctor is simular to a regular Doctor, with the exception that he has no actually Power of Protection. He is told that he is a regular Doctor and doesn't know that he has no unique ability. (GAME 6) New!
- Sickly Townie (Townie): The Sickly Townie might choose a player each Night to infect who then can't vote in the following Day Phase, because he gets a cold. (GAME 6) New!
- Mafia Boss (Mafia): The Boss heads the Mafia family and is in charge of sending victim choices to the Moderator. Also, the Mafia Boss usually appears innocent to Detectives. (GAME 2)
- Mafia Detective (Mafia): The Mafia Detective has the ability to investigate one player per Night and learn the player's Role. (GAME 6) New!
- Mafia Janitor (Mafia): The Janitor cleans up the body after the kill. When Day breaks, the Town would not learn the victim's Role. When he gets killed the Town also gets to know the other players Roles. (GAME 6) New!
- Serial Killer (Third Party): The Serial Killer is like a lone Mafia Member. He kills once per night and his goal is to be the sole survivor. (GAME 5)
- Mason (Townie Cult): Masons are a Group of Townies that know each other to be innocent. They can communicate with each other at Night if they choose, but otherwise have no special abilities. (GAME 6) New!
- Recruiting Mason (Townie Cult): A Recruiting Mason is a a Mason Group Leader that starts all by himself and tries to recruit one player each Night. He selects one player each night to try to recruit. If he picks a Pro-Townie Role, then that player joins the Group and is able to talk with other Group Members in the Group during the Nights. The Recruiting Mason dies if he attempts to recruit a Mafia Member. (GAME 6) New!
If you have any further questions, just PM the moderator of the game or :police.