Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Summer Olympics (Beijing)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up 2008 Summer Olympics (Beijing)

Well its finally here, the Beijing Olympics. Lets start posting

I personally am going to watch a lot of basketball and a little bit of everything else. I am hoping the USA lose again, man that would be sweet

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the Beijing Olympics thread

I going to be watching Soccer, Basketball, and Tennis. I hope USA basketball team lose too.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Summer Olympics (Beijing)

Swimming ( go Michael Phelps 8 gold medals!!!), football, Basketball, 400-100 metres events, oops I nearly forgot Tennis, I hope Nadal is there ( COME ON RAFA!!!)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MonkeyD.ODZ's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

football, tennis ( Roger Federer 's there too ?)

Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

theres been some world record breaking going on. The level of competition keeps getting bettter and better its crazy

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    theres been some world record breaking going on. The level of competition keeps getting bettter and better its crazy
    especially in swimming. Seem like everyday now i hear about Micheal Phelps breaking a record(which is also always his own record)

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoot, I can't wait for the Summer Olympics. They're almost as good as the Winter Olympics . As for events I will definitely be watching: soccer, baseball, swimming (go Phelps), and fencing. As for the event I am most looking forward to, well that has to be women's beach volleyball . Events I will probably watch: non running track and field events, basketball, wrestling, boxing, and diving.

As for the US basketball team losing. I really don't see it happening this year. They are way to talented to lose and I will be very disappointed if they don't win gold. So yeah, being an American and a major homer, not to mention this being international competition, go USA.

On a side note, will the Thorpedo be participating in this years events?
    Last edited by predsfan; July 06, 2008 at 03:40 AM.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Jameo's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i am looking forward to 3 events:

1. Football/Soccer: I Love Football^^

2. Basketball: I love Basketball too^^
    I hope that the German Team gets Qualified for the Olympics.
    What am i talking about. They will make it^^

3. Tennis: and again, I love Tennis too
    i like it because i played it in my younger days. You can´t imagine how hard it is.

Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

just read some football news in the paper. Looks like Brazil decided to go with Ronaldinho, Robinho and Silva as their 3 overage players for the olympics. It will be interesting to see how they do, especially Ronaldinho, I dont know what to expect from him

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

just read some football news in the paper. Looks like Brazil decided to go with Ronaldinho, Robinho and Silva as their 3 overage players for the olympics. It will be interesting to see how they do, especially Ronaldinho, I dont know what to expect from him
    yeah i saw too. Ronaldinho need to get fit if he want to be effective.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was looking over the soccer groups and all that crap. And I have to say, I would be shocked if Brazil or Argentina didn't win. As for the rosters, I'm not sure how different they are from the main teams, so I'm going by the national teams reputation here. This leads to my next point wtf. Correct me if I am wrong, but the U.S. got put in what appears to be the most difficult group, imo (please someone w/more soccer knowledge correct me if I'm wrong). Well, at least Brazil and Argentina aren't in their group. However, if they are second in their group in and advance then they will probably play Argentina. Oh well. I really want the U.S. to win gold (or at least a medal), but I don't see it happening.

To those w/o their country in, who are you going for?

Oh and since this is Mangahelpers, the U.S.'s first game is against Japan .

Arrgh, hurry up and start Olympics (less than a month to go ).
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Yeah, US are in the group of death in both the Men's and Women's football. They will be luck to make it into the quaters in either if you ask me.

Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

US mens football team are going to get crushed but the womens football is actually good. They have won big tournaments in the past like a World Cup so I expect them to get a medal. As for who I want to win, well my country Lebanon never make it to any tournament, so I always choose England to take it down, they have been my team since I first laid eyes on soccer. GO ENGLAND!!! They better win so they can make it up for not making it in Euro08

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The drugs keep getting better and better that's why.. *cough*

Anyway, Basketball, Futbal, swimming and.. I guess anything we have a chance at a metal is what I'll be watching.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

US mens football team are going to get crushed but the womens football is actually good. They have won big tournaments in the past like a World Cup so I expect them to get a medal. As for who I want to win, well my country Lebanon never make it to any tournament, so I always choose England to take it down, they have been my team since I first laid eyes on soccer. GO ENGLAND!!! They better win so they can make it up for not making it in Euro08
    I'm willing to make a bet that US. Women football team wouldn't make it out of the Group stage. Especially now that there leading goal scorer, Abby Wambach, broke her leg.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast