Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zky2007's recolorings

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zky2007's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: recoloring

Quote Originally Posted by OS.Hoshi View Post
    Cute! Blended looks nicer in this case, zky. Tho, Kisaragi seems so pink!! XD
    Argh, you got me .... yeah, the color I used is pink ... well, I don't know how to color pale skin, so I'm just trying different combinations

Now, now, now ..... from ch. 255, here is kisaragi (again????)

I want to do the smiling and sparkling face, but I thought that this would be a nice drawing to recolor ...... I *hate* this drawing, because it's FULL of details... groan ..... well, it's done ....
    I don't really like the shadowings in kisaragi skin, but if I made shadows reddish then they would be pink again ......

Enjoy

add:
    smiling and sparkling face done!!

Here it is ...

Enjoy
    Last edited by zky2007; October 28, 2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHII'S SWEET HOME is the ultimate anime/manga.
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The first one is awesome, but I just love the second one, because it's just hilarious Keep up the good work, zky-kun

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    The first one is awesome, but I just love the second one, because it's just hilarious Keep up the good work, zky-kun
    I was laughing while coloring the sparklings XD .....

Time for another new recoloring! I think that it will be the last one for chapter 255, also if I would want to color the double panel with 'Hiruma's trick' .....

directly from the last page:

Enjoy

Don't know why, but I couldn't make a 'radial' background ... well .... but I think that the result can be 'ok'...

See? Not only Dinos !! XD
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Good! No more dinos on this last one =P Nice job.

IIAA!! Ikkyu-chan!! *munch* *3 &, hey! no groaning over coloring!

Hakushuu has real nice helmets, eh? (& no, xoph, I DONT have bad taste >=\)

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

couldn't resist.....

and if I can finish it (it's pretty difficult to color) I will color 'Marco's spinning' .... but maybe I will color first the wall with the 'dead end'

'Dead End' is here!!

there's something 'strange' in the colors I'm using today.... I don't like them very much, but I don't feel like coloring them in another mode....

.... marco's spin ....

Last edited by zky2007; November 04, 2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Your coloring is nice & clean, zky ^__^ I think you blurr too much, tho. But, eh... everyone has their styles ^^; Pretty nice job on the spinning Marco! =D

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your colorings add depth to already awesome drawings. In fact would you mind coloring a chapter possibly in the future?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Your colorings add depth to already awesome drawings. In fact would you mind coloring a chapter possibly in the future?
    I already tried to color an entire chapter (ch. 255 if I remember right), but it was veeery difficult to color some of those pages.... expecially where there's a crowd behind the players, or there are the lines clashing .... but hey, maybe I will do it .... it's just difficult and a long work.... I have only to find a bit more time

Your coloring is nice & clean, zky ^__^ I think you blurr too much, tho. But, eh... everyone has their styles ^^; Pretty nice job on the spinning Marco! =D
    I think that I'm blurring a lot because with mouse appears some baaaaaaad lines sometimes so I try to blur colors, so it can seem more 3d-ish and simil-realistic
    I have to try with a tablet maybe.... we'll see after Xmas XD

While cleaning temp-image folder (images I found good to be colored) I saw this image, and this is the result:

I'm proud of Sena's eyes.... not yet what I wanted, but I'm getting closer....
    Enjoy
    Last edited by zky2007; November 08, 2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the blue eyeshield? '_' I can understand if it's because you're very fond of the color green, tho XD

It's very nice fluke. =] I envy the number of contributions you have completed lately. Makes me feel left out XD Keep bringing them, dude! =D

And.. just because I want to help you improve, how 'bout you give your pics more contrast with the colors to add more depth next time? 8D

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the blue eyeshield? '_' I can understand if it's because you're very fond of the color green, tho XD

It's very nice fluke. =] I envy the number of contributions you have completed lately. Makes me feel left out XD Keep bringing them, dude! =D

And.. just because I want to help you improve, how 'bout you give your pics more contrast with the colors to add more depth next time? 8D
    You're right about the contrast.... I only concentrated about 'nearly-burning-eyes', and I forgot about shadows ....

Blue eyeshield? Uh .... err ....coff .... ok, I can admit it .... I forgot that now he has blue eyeshield :P

About the number of contributions ..... those drawings are so great that I cannot let them stay there in B&W

Oh yeah, New chapter new set of colorings XD

Funny images in this chap.... we'll see if I'm able enough to color them ....

but for now .... here is the chapter title!

Couldn't resist anymore, I had to color it ....

'I-want-a-background' version

'No-Background' version (gif)

Enjoy

Add:

tried to follow *Abuze tutorial on deviantart....
    this is the result

I have colored background in a 'random' way ... I've tried a bit of photoshop filters
    Last edited by zky2007; November 11, 2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the last one, dino-kun is just so cute The only problem I see is the right bubble that's not really perfectly finished, other than that, good job as always

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    I love the last one, dino-kun is just so cute The only problem I see is the right bubble that's not really perfectly finished, other than that, good job as always
    O_O

oh no, I need a 32" monitor :P 19" isn't large enough to see every corner of the picture, so I forget to erase some color-flooding sometimes..... didn't see it neither in the 'wallpaper' try.... (I try to put it as a wallpaper, so I can see errors if I see it everytime that I'm switching windows )

Let's see .... I've tried again to follow Abuze tutorial, but with a small difference.... really fast way to color, but not very much freedom to shade colors, so I'm starting to mix other techniques, if I can ..... little step by little step...

ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Your skin colors are so pale! 8D But this last one.. man, it really shows you're getting better, zky! Awesome!!! ^___^ Keep on trying every technique there is! (just be sure to check every corner of ur pic b4 u submit XD)

EDIT: o, yeah. The highlighting could use a wee bit more blending into the other colors

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Your skin colors are so pale! 8D But this last one.. man, it really shows you're getting better, zky! Awesome!!! ^___^ Keep on trying every technique there is! (just be sure to check every corner of ur pic b4 u submit XD)

EDIT: o, yeah. The highlighting could use a wee bit more blending into the other colors
    you're right, I'm trying to use brush transparency in order to blend highlits without blurring them..... but for now with the saturation I'm choosing it's really hard.... I will try to saturate less, and then try again with the blending ..... or maybe I will try to create much more layers.... one great thing about this technique is that finally I can put shadows on every 'color'.... with other techniques I used much more layers.... one for the greens, one for the reds.... and the shadows were on the 'base-color' layer. If I can mix the techniques then I can blend more, and give a more realistic tone to skins..... now I've seen a tutorial on coloring fantasy images.... I think that I will try it too, and if the result seems good I will post the image, and will tell wich tutorial is..... but I don't know if it's good to color manga images.... sob...

Skin are pale also because my monitor calibration ..... I completely forgot to recalibrate it .... oops....
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh! I have the same problem with one of my monitors >_< Actually, the odd thing is, my right monitor has colors that are way too light & the left one has 'em too strong! XD I tried calibrating 'em, but I still dont get it... <_<;; i just check my final pic with another computer, kekekeke! XD

If you use photoshop, you should try the smudge tool with around 50% strength & use a spongy brush for it. Vary the strength depending on how big the area you want to blend is & how much. I use that mostly for my colorings ^__^ It feels a lot like real painting.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast