Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Quote Originally Posted by hisshouburaiken
    NeoShweaty: JET pays about 30k/year in us dollars. Depending on how you spend you money, you can easily bankroll half of that your first year. Depending on the prefecture you'll get some, none, or all of your rent paid for. It's a sweet deal and a great experience; if you've got nothing really tying you to your home country it's the perfect post-college job. I'll give more detail after UFC is over
    Sounds great. My japanese teacher and everyone else i have asked has had a great experience with the program. Now i just gotta know if it is hard to get into the program or not

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not hard, but you're not a lock just by applying. You need to write a good essay for your application and be honest and enthusiastic about teaching english during the interview. That's the important part; you make them believe that you want to be an ENGLISH teacher and help bridge the culture gap between Japan and your native country. Stuff like, how you love japanese culture and want to create the same kind of interest in your own culture in them. It doesn't necessarily have to be TRUE, but that's the impression you want to give

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, i have all that in me and more. I love japan and the culture. I always enjoyed teaching my host parents english and parts of the american culture

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With this, my post count is no longer 69. Sign...

Music! I like hardcore, techno, trance, and the like, though I am known to dabble in a bit of smooth jazz every now and then. But mostly anything with a hard beat. I highly recommend Hardcore Nation volume 2 if you're looking for something new.

What kindsa music do YOU like?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

No music, 'cause I'm deaf >.>

What's your thoughts on Hidan so far?

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sabyr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope i can learn japanese someday. i can't learn it in highschool(GRR!)

but i bet in ten years or so it'll be one of the popular languages to learn, like french and spanish.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly. It's pretty amazing to see how popular it's become; I was one of those buys back in '93 who was into anime and japan before it was mainstream. For a guy who grew up watching DBZ and Sailor Moon at 6am sunday morning, who pretty much single-handedly got half his high school into anime, seeing so many people contributing translations and wanting to learn still astounds me. I really never thought I'd see the day, let alone find conventions where I could dress up as my favorite characters and get my picture taken XD

GK: Clearly I think Hidan is fucking awesome, and Kakuzu is not far behind. Their interactions are the most entertaining part of Naruto and a lot more fun to watch than Orochimaru/Kabuto, Sasori/Deidara and even Deidara/Toby. As my new sig shows, Hidan's

Open shirt
    Gold chain
    Slicked-back hair
    Religiousness
    Short temper, and
    bad attitude

point to him being Italian, which I am as well (hereditarily, anyways). The motherfucker's so badass he makes me want to LEARN Italian just because I THINK he MIGHT be Italian. JESUCRISTO!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. He's from the Hidden Village of the Mafia, then? XD

I agree with you fully, though, they are the most entertaining pair in all of Naruto so far. I got a big kick out of the end of Chapter 325!

How many times have you cosplayed? Was it just that one time as Kisame?

(BTW, thanks for the translation, thought I'd say it here.)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have cosplayed several times: As Kuwabara from YYH, Billy Coen from Resident Evil 0, Kurow from Rival Schools: Project Justice, and most recently as Kisame.

It's so much fun working on the costumes and taking pictures with other people. Everyone who goes to a convention should try it at least once.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of Raine Joybringer's Sakura cosplaying? ( Pics over here. She's a mod here. )

Why am I the only one asking questions here? Hmm...

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

i love your Kisame cosplay. The scene with Gai was priceless. i think i touted that in the Cosplay thread too. i would really love to cosplay sometime.

And it looks like my favorite translator also likes my favorite akatsuki pair
    Hidan RUles

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight

probably because many havent seen this thread - lol!!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Ayah's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

For variety, I'm asking as well

How long did it take you to create your Kisame costume, samehada included? Which character that you have cosplayed is your favorite among them? Which do you think is your best cosplay? I saw in the first page that you read RAVE. Do you also read Hiro Mashima's latest manga, Fairy Tail?

Now that I'm through with my questions for today, I want to say that I like your translations I also like your Hidan photomanip. Don Hidan FTW! I wouldn't want to see his head under my blanket when I wake up in the morning, even if he looks at me and talk. I agree that his and Kakuzu's bickering are the best in Naruto.

<3 glasskatana for the sig
    Tayo na sa Sineskwela Pinoy Hangout Thread v.16!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure if I still like Hidan so much after that last chapter. He seems rather too loud-mouthed. :/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH LOTSA INFO ABOUT ME!

What do you think of Raine Joybringer's Sakura cosplaying? ( Pics over here. She's a mod here. )
    An excellent costume but a bad photo of it. It's just not the same without the fuck-me boots

Quote Quote:
    Ahunno. Either we're good buddies, you're trying to make me feel better that no one else comes around, or both :P
    Plus I haven't linked to this thread until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah
    How long did it take you to create your Kisame costume, samehada included? Which character that you have cosplayed is your favorite among them? Which do you think is your best cosplay? I saw in the first page that you read RAVE. Do you also read Hiro Mashima's latest manga, Fairy Tail?

Now that I'm through with my questions for today, I want to say that I like your translations I also like your Hidan photomanip. Don Hidan FTW! I wouldn't want to see his head under my blanket when I wake up in the morning, even if he looks at me and talk. I agree that his and Kakuzu's bickering are the best in Naruto.
    It all took a couple months, though I didn't work on it regularly until the last 3 weeks or so. The Samehada was pretty easy to make, it's just 3 styrofoam blocks with a hole drilled through the centers. Don't let that fool you though, it's still heavy when you're holding it by the bottom of the handle. There were a couple shoots where I didn't think I'd make it :P

I have not read Fairy Tail yet. I kinda got tired of RAVE towards the end because it got repetitive, but I'd read another of Mashima's manga if it doesn't follow the same kinda formula. Is it good?

Hidanfather > (insert anything here)

I'm not so sure if I still like Hidan so much after that last chapter. He seems rather too loud-mouthed. :/
    Ahh, you're just suffering from Hidan overload. After a few more chapters of Naruto's training, comment number 8 will be "I miss Hidan."

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Can bend my elbows pretty far in the wrong direction.
    I've never met anybody who could do that. XD Nice resume you have there. Hope to see you work on FMA more in particular... I haven't really gotten past the second volume of Gantz yet, but perhaps I'll do that soon enough.

And maybe it's Hidan overload, but I think somewhere along the line I just began to actually dislike him. I think we're supposed to dislike him. It's working now.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast