Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

What?

Buy Welcome to Wakaba-soh volume 2. I translated it. It is a silly shoujo-y romance comedy with a few clever puns.
    Last edited by HisshouBuraiKen; February 17, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if you're planning on picking some new series up once FMA ends. If yes, I would humbly suggest Gintama which unfortunately currently isn't being translated (it is translated to 302nd chapter but translations can't be used since 296th chapter and all in all things are a bit complicated). Why Gintama? Well, IMO it is the best shounen there is (along with FMA and GTO), it has awesome fights, genius characters (to be honest, I consider it the strongest point of the manga) and really hilarious moments. But the best part is that even after 300 chapters it didn't jump the shark like Bleach/Naruto/One Piece did (of course IMO) but it's even better. Probably you won't have time to spend on a series you don't know but it was worth a try. Anyway, thanks for all these years you've translated FMA.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you speak spanish? and thanks for all the work with FMA

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,Hisshou Bu Rai Ken,i have noticed that u could always provide us Naruto and FMA very quickly since u began translating in 2006, i just curious how could u translate them in such a short time and with a high quality~
    i also noticed that u explained ur name as"Complete and Total Victory Relying on Nobody but Myself-Fist", and u said: I have a massive ego. So u know very clearly of urself right?

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Among all of the manga, which do you like best? I like the meitanteikonan best.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a child, I knew konan. I did not know him very much at that time. Later something happened on me, and I liked him very much. however I just saw its animation in Chinese. After I entering the college, I owned a computer, and all I have touched was animation in Japanese. I found that Japanese is a very beautiful language and I became crazy to learn it. These two years, I learned Japanese in the library almost everyday and I also made Japanese friends in my school. Now it is not difficult for me to communicate with them. My major is English, so I know that listenning and speaking are very important if someone wants to learn a language well. Watching animation from Japan and communicating with Japanese friends are two joys in my life. Here I found you, and I think maybe we niteimasu. I hope I can be one of your friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys! Answers to latest questions:

Goral - Gintama is not gonna happen :P I honestly don't know what I will fan-translate if anything now that FMA has ended and Dattebayo has dropped Bleach. I will probably ride the mangastream Naruto gig until the series ends. I am trying to transition to more pro work TBH.

jmangeo - You're welcome, and no habla español :P

iceland - I translate fast because I translate as I read, then go back and correct stuff I got wrong because I didn't know the whole plot of the chapter, so I basically just do one read-through and one edit. And yes, I know myself very well

Wing - My favorite manga? That's a tough one. Naruto, FMA, Kaiji, anything by Fujisawa Tooru, the list goes on.

I think my next projects may be building a new DDR pad, bookcase and end table. Not necessarily in that order.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

hi...
    how can i connection to the translator of naruto menga?
    i want to translate naruto to Hebrew and i need to talk with him...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member isrnick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there HisshouBuraiKen, I would like to know if you are gonna post your translations of Naruto 501-504 in MangaHelpers.

Yours is the only reliable translation of Naruto available nowadays, and when the chapters of Mangastream are deleted, thanks to the release of a new volume of Naruto, we won't have anywhere to read your translations of these chapters anymore...

Or are you posting it somewhere else??
    Last edited by isrnick; July 31, 2010 at 08:57 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hisshou,

I don't know how often you check this thread but I thought you probably don't want to be bothered by PM. ^^;

I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful FMA translations! :3
    Also, could you tell me a bit about how you started working for Viz? I've always wondered if I ever got good at Japanese if I'd work for a publishing company, but I thought they wouldn't ever deal with an internet translator. ;A;
    Do you like working for them?

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner InvincibleUchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
    edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!
    Last edited by InvincibleUchiha; June 20, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Even amidst the deepest despair, his eyes still reflect a single ray of hope.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleUchiha View Post
    why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
    edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!
    Hey man, I appreciate that, I really do! The truth is I just got tired of the "scanlaiton game" where if I couldn't translate the moment a raw came in people would go with someone else, I'm also busy doing more pro translation work (like on Crunchyroll.com where I'm currently doing Naruto Spin-Off:Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals). It was a good run, thought! No regrets for sure.

I always post the latest stuff I'm working on on my CR profile so check it out!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/HisshouBuraiKen

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14