Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

What?

Buy Welcome to Wakaba-soh volume 2. I translated it. It is a silly shoujo-y romance comedy with a few clever puns.
    Last edited by HisshouBuraiKen; February 17, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if you're planning on picking some new series up once FMA ends. If yes, I would humbly suggest Gintama which unfortunately currently isn't being translated (it is translated to 302nd chapter but translations can't be used since 296th chapter and all in all things are a bit complicated). Why Gintama? Well, IMO it is the best shounen there is (along with FMA and GTO), it has awesome fights, genius characters (to be honest, I consider it the strongest point of the manga) and really hilarious moments. But the best part is that even after 300 chapters it didn't jump the shark like Bleach/Naruto/One Piece did (of course IMO) but it's even better. Probably you won't have time to spend on a series you don't know but it was worth a try. Anyway, thanks for all these years you've translated FMA.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you speak spanish? and thanks for all the work with FMA

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,Hisshou Bu Rai Ken,i have noticed that u could always provide us Naruto and FMA very quickly since u began translating in 2006, i just curious how could u translate them in such a short time and with a high quality~
    i also noticed that u explained ur name as"Complete and Total Victory Relying on Nobody but Myself-Fist", and u said: I have a massive ego. So u know very clearly of urself right?

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Among all of the manga, which do you like best? I like the meitanteikonan best.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a child, I knew konan. I did not know him very much at that time. Later something happened on me, and I liked him very much. however I just saw its animation in Chinese. After I entering the college, I owned a computer, and all I have touched was animation in Japanese. I found that Japanese is a very beautiful language and I became crazy to learn it. These two years, I learned Japanese in the library almost everyday and I also made Japanese friends in my school. Now it is not difficult for me to communicate with them. My major is English, so I know that listenning and speaking are very important if someone wants to learn a language well. Watching animation from Japan and communicating with Japanese friends are two joys in my life. Here I found you, and I think maybe we niteimasu. I hope I can be one of your friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys! Answers to latest questions:

Goral - Gintama is not gonna happen :P I honestly don't know what I will fan-translate if anything now that FMA has ended and Dattebayo has dropped Bleach. I will probably ride the mangastream Naruto gig until the series ends. I am trying to transition to more pro work TBH.

jmangeo - You're welcome, and no habla español :P

iceland - I translate fast because I translate as I read, then go back and correct stuff I got wrong because I didn't know the whole plot of the chapter, so I basically just do one read-through and one edit. And yes, I know myself very well

Wing - My favorite manga? That's a tough one. Naruto, FMA, Kaiji, anything by Fujisawa Tooru, the list goes on.

I think my next projects may be building a new DDR pad, bookcase and end table. Not necessarily in that order.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

hi...
    how can i connection to the translator of naruto menga?
    i want to translate naruto to Hebrew and i need to talk with him...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member isrnick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there HisshouBuraiKen, I would like to know if you are gonna post your translations of Naruto 501-504 in MangaHelpers.

Yours is the only reliable translation of Naruto available nowadays, and when the chapters of Mangastream are deleted, thanks to the release of a new volume of Naruto, we won't have anywhere to read your translations of these chapters anymore...

Or are you posting it somewhere else??
    Last edited by isrnick; July 31, 2010 at 08:57 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hisshou,

I don't know how often you check this thread but I thought you probably don't want to be bothered by PM. ^^;

I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful FMA translations! :3
    Also, could you tell me a bit about how you started working for Viz? I've always wondered if I ever got good at Japanese if I'd work for a publishing company, but I thought they wouldn't ever deal with an internet translator. ;A;
    Do you like working for them?

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner InvincibleUchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
    edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!
    Last edited by InvincibleUchiha; June 20, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Even amidst the deepest despair, his eyes still reflect a single ray of hope.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleUchiha View Post
    why u stop translating naruto. i loved every chapter. i would also buy the manga only if you were the translator. you breathed life into the story in a way that made every single pattern even more epic it was anyway. i miss that old hisshou-style. i can't get used to those loveless translations since you've been gone.
    edit: this looks like i am only complaining about your loss, but its the other way round. i loved you for your translations. really. for me the weekly chapter was incomplete without your translation. since you don't translate naruto isn't the same. you did a great job!
    Hey man, I appreciate that, I really do! The truth is I just got tired of the "scanlaiton game" where if I couldn't translate the moment a raw came in people would go with someone else, I'm also busy doing more pro translation work (like on Crunchyroll.com where I'm currently doing Naruto Spin-Off:Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals). It was a good run, thought! No regrets for sure.

I always post the latest stuff I'm working on on my CR profile so check it out!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/HisshouBuraiKen

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14