Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HisshouBuraiKen thread

happy new year Hisshou... btw do you read D.gray-man ? I was thinking it would be awesome if you'd take time to translate a chapter of that series as well, it's quite good.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Viz has it easy because they just do a terrible job and don't stop to think about preserving the original spirit of the series.

I do not read D-Gray man, but I'd be more than happy to if you point me to somewhere where I can download the entire thing

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

D. Gray Man can be downloaded at StopTazmo.com - it's pretty good, I recommend it.

And I have to say I agree with you, though they have had their moments, Viz does a shoddy job of staying true to the characters' original dialogue. The English dub is doing a much better job of that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, this thing sank to the very bottom? My bad!

Here's a little more about me:

I work as a web/software programmer for the US Navy (I'm not enlisted or anything though...none o that for me)
    I'm getting married May 6
    I live in Orlando
    I'm watching The Simpsons

If that's not enough for ya feel free to ask me something or strike up a conversation about computer stuff or whatever!

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the marriage!

What do you want to see happen in the Naruto manga next?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite Simpson episode?

Have you ever wanted to go to Japan?

And congrats on the marriage :knk

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hermie:

I want to see Sai die a terrible death because I hate him, and hopefully see them explore some of the other characters a little more. They could take a cure from the anime fillers and had Naruto, Sakura & Kakashi team up with the other ex-Genins for some badass A-Rank missions & explore their characters a bit more.

GK: I was in Japan for all of last year as a JET. Taylor and I hung out and played video games, it was fun. His daughter's the cutest!

I assume the Simpsons thing was rhetorical. I'm one of those Simpsons trivia freaks who knows like everything about the series ( a while back I wrote a simpsons trivia flash game, it's up on Newgrounds.) ONE of my favorites is the Beer Baron.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Sometimes I think Viz has it easy, because they know what happens so they can avoid controversial stuff like that.

That was single-handedly the most confusing page I have ever read in any Naruto chapter.  I hadn't thought about it in relation to Kabuto at all until now, but yeah, it makes so much more sense now.  Thanks for bringing it up, Yakushi Kabuto.
    meh!! it is not you alone. i am glad i read this page. That itsy bit was damn confusing. Most people still think it also means kabuto is a jinchuuriki- well that is how confusing it was.

anyway. hisshou- you are awesome. i thought you were born japanese. wow!! just incredible. i guess i have to double up my japanese learning too. i have stopped lately since i started working and have started forgetting since i do nt get to practice.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hisshouburaiken
    Hermie:

I want to see Sai die a terrible death because I hate him, and hopefully see them explore some of the other characters a little more. They could take a cure from the anime fillers and had Naruto, Sakura & Kakashi team up with the other ex-Genins for some badass A-Rank missions & explore their characters a bit more.
    What characters would you like to learn more about in particular?

Quote Quote:
    GK: I was in Japan for all of last year as a JET. Taylor and I hung out and played video games, it was fun. His daughter's the cutest!
    Oh yes, I remember Taylor telling me about meeting you now. Makes sense you were in Japan, then! Do you miss it?

Quote Quote:
    I assume the Simpsons thing was rhetorical. I'm one of those Simpsons trivia freaks who knows like everything about the series ( a while back I wrote a simpsons trivia flash game, it's up on Newgrounds.) ONE of my favorites is the Beer Baron.
    Not really so much a rhetorical question as I kinda sensed you were a big Simpsons fan and thought it would be a fun question for you to ponder

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanna come to this thread to say thanks to HisshouBuraiken for doing great translations of naruto and gantz.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nova: Thanks!

I'd like to see more of how the characters have evolved since the time skip. What kind of relationship do Sakura and Ino have? Are Shikamaru and Temari friends or flirtatious or what? What's the status of the Hyuuga family? What kind of training has everyone undergone (same goes for Naruto & Sakura)? What will everyones reaction be when they see Naruto in action? What will Naruto's reaction be to all of THEM?

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

hisshou, ur avid fan says thanks again for translating Gantz this week. it was great seeing izumi causing all that havoc.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, you did the jet program? what is the application process like? what was an average day in japan? what is the pay like? I ask because i plan on doing it after i get my ba (in four years...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for doing the translations for us hisshouburaiken.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone: You're welcome.

NeoShweaty: JET pays about 30k/year in us dollars. Depending on how you spend you money, you can easily bankroll half of that your first year. Depending on the prefecture you'll get some, none, or all of your rent paid for. It's a sweet deal and a great experience; if you've got nothing really tying you to your home country it's the perfect post-college job. I'll give more detail after UFC is over

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast