Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Season 1)

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Season 1)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Episodes: 14 (+14 second season)
    Aired: Apr 3, 2006 to Jul 3, 2006 (May 21, 2009 to Sep 10, 2009)
    Producers: Kyoto Animation
    Genres: Mystery, Comedy
    MAL-Rating: 8.35/10.00

Summary:

Kyon, your typical high school student, has long given up his belief in the supernatural. However, upon meeting Haruhi Suzumiya, he quickly finds out that it is the supernatural that she is interested in; aliens, time travelers and espers among other things. When Haruhi laments about the lack of intriguing clubs around school, Kyon inspires Haruhi to form her own club. As a result, the SOS Brigade is formed, a club which specializes in all that is the supernatural.

Much to his chagrin, Kyon, along with the silent bookworm, Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the perpetually smiling Itsuki Koizumi, are recruited as members. The story follows the crazy adventures that these four endure under their whimsical leader, Haruhi. The story is based on the light novels by Nagaru Tanigawa.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Season 1)

Can't believe its been so long since I watched this. This is an anime worth going through for sure, and it's a shame they're not animating the other novels. I wonder if the reason really was that voice actor scandal.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the anime which introduces me to the word of Light Novel. Ah, Good old days. Tomokazu Sugita's voice acting skill is really good, he was able to portray Kyon's personality perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Can't believe its been so long since I watched this. This is an anime worth going through for sure, and it's a shame they're not animating the other novels. I wonder if the reason really was that voice actor scandal.
    Ah, that scandal. I wonder if changing agency means you're losing your job as a voice actor on a particular character. Aya Hirano already returned to voice acting career again, and I'm hoping that she will come back as a voice of Haruhi again. There was this unlikely-to-happen rumor that a new Haruhi movie is planned for 2013, though.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    There was this unlikely-to-happen rumor that a new Haruhi movie is planned for 2013, though.
    That would be great news The series is something really special and I really enjoyed the mix of mystery, suspense, comedy and parody~

Anyone knows how far they got into the novels meaning how much is left to animate?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    That would be great news The series is something really special and I really enjoyed the mix of mystery, suspense, comedy and parody~

Anyone knows how far they got into the novels meaning how much is left to animate?
    If you take The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie into account, there are approximately six or seven novels materials which are not adapted into animation yet. That's abundant enough to produce 3 movies or 30 episodes Anime, I wonder why KyoAni does not making it until now, though. That off screen scandal ruins everything, probably.

New Reply