Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

I'm kind of surprised why I don't hear more from Inu Yasha fans in these forums (both here and NF) - especially considering fans of Inu Yasha (and Ranma 1/2) were probably the first "manga fandoms" that I occasionally would run into on the net.

I have a good friend in California (you know who you are )and we brought each other manga for our birthdays. I got her Bleach; she got me Inu Yasha. (And for a later birthday, she sent me all her imported Inu Yasha anime too!) While I don't find it as interesting as Naruto or Bleach, it's proved to be a nice escape every now and then just to read a volume or two. I consider it pretty solid entertainment and the characters are very memorable.

Anyway, I don't think Inu Yasha needs much of an introduction, but just in case, here's the premise:

"A female junior high school student, Kagome Higurashi, falls through a well ending up in the Warring States Period. There she meets a half-demon named Inuyasha. The two ends up trying to get the shards of the "Shikon no Tama" (Jewel of the Four Souls) before they fall into the wrong hands. It's written and drawn by the same creator of Ranma 1/2, Rumiko Takashi.

I know it's a long series, and I'm probably not going to be able to catch up to the latest volume for a long while. But I'm currently on volume 18, when Inu Yasha and Kagome meet Goshinki, one of Naraku's "offspring."

So what do you think of Inu Yasha? Do you read the manga, or do you watch the anime, or both? Have you tried it, but didn't like it? Are you planning to read all the volumes? Is the pace just right for you or is it dragging too long? Do you like Rumiko Takahashi's work?

If you do like Inu Yasha, what's your favorite part in the story so far? Character? What would you like to see happen?

As with other similar discussion threads to this one, please be considerate and include spoiler tags so you don't accidentally spoil the plot for anybody else. Be sure to mention before the spoiler tags what volume or chapter you're at as well.

Ok, talk away.

I'm going to put a list of the previous releases in this thread, that way they're easily accessed ^^ Thanks to Freelance-Manga for the scans

Last edited by LadyHatake; November 27, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BandanaDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

I used to collect Inu-Yasha actually, it was enjoyable and I got up to around the 200th issue and then stopped as it dragged. I hope there is a definate direction and end in sight so I may re-visit it one day. It's a shame really, the same happened to 3x3 Eyes and I hope Naruto or Bleach doesn't...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the main problem is Rumiko Takashi is keeping Inu Yasha going too long, and there's not enough creativity anymore? Maybe that explains why I don't hear from fans anymore.

Do you know where Inu Yasha is at right now?

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have actually been following the manga online and I have to agree that it seems like it had slowed down a lot. I heard the rumor that she wants to end it at about 500 chapters but I am not sure if that is true or not.

Spoiler: SPOILERS show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am at about 365 and i can't find any new ones
    beneath the courageous, there is nothing

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you go:

http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_manga/

This is the place that I go to for all the most recent chapters.

But if you are looking for some of the older ones this site does the translation but no scans:

http://www.wot-club.org.uk/Inuyasha/

Though it seems to be down at the moment, but hopefully it should be back up soon.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane
    Here you go:

http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_manga/

This is the place that I go to for all the most recent chapters.

But if you are looking for some of the older ones this site does the translation but no scans:

http://www.wot-club.org.uk/Inuyasha/

Though it seems to be down at the moment, but hopefully it should be back up soon.

i love you so much
    beneath the courageous, there is nothing

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy that you like the links. Hopefully the second one will come back up soon since I think that would be the best place for you to get caught up.

I have not really been in the 'loop' for a bit on Inuyasha but I used to know some really good sites. Sadly I went to some of them and found them gone.

Anyone ever heard of Iridescent Dreams, the Inuyasha fanfiction site? Just curious since I was really involved in there before it exploded and was wiped off the internet. x_x

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information, Tamerlane

Also, you can put your spoilers in spoiler tags, it's just like how you color your text; just replace color with spoiler. I did it for you - quote your post to see how to do it.

Sorry to hear all these sites disappeared - I heard the same thing happened to a lot of DBZ fansites. I guess it's just the servers became neglected and were taken down.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah thanks for fixing my post. That is the first time that I have seen something like that.....

:lays a bit with it::

That is really neat...

<_<

::makes the text appear and disappear a few more times::

>_>

Anyway....yeah I used to be into DBZ at one point and the same thing happened with them that is happening to Inuyasha concerning the websites.

It does not matter though I shall be stubborn and stick around to the end of the series just to see what happens to Kagome and Inuyasha. At one point I actually followed the story line more intently...but that is all that it really comes down to now. =/

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: For Tamerlane show

Quote Quote:
    Anyway....yeah I used to be into DBZ at one point and the same thing happened with them that is happening to Inuyasha concerning the websites.

It does not matter though I shall be stubborn and stick around to the end of the series just to see what happens to Kagome and Inuyasha. At one point I actually followed the story line more intently...but that is all that it really comes down to now. =/
    A dedicated reader! Just what this thread needs.

Btw, I think I saw some older Inu Yasha volumes available at lurk that you can get through mIRC too. I've yet to give it try though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: For Gold Night show

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Btw, I think I saw some older Inu Yasha volumes available at lurk that you can get through mIRC too. I've yet to give it try though.
    I would go for it. Although the series is dragging out at the moment it is still a good read. I am not sure what kind of manga that you enjoy, but this has a lot of action, angst, and some complicated character interactions.

Also Shippou is adorable. I mean how can you not like a little fox demon that turns into a big pink balloon.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Shippo, but Miroku's definitely my fav. ^_^

Maybe I'll read more Inu Yasha soon. I was buying the volumes, but I can only spend so much money at any time so I guess I'll probably go ahead and read the online soon.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member rapdroopy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

real DLL

hello
    if you want inu yasha DLL link go here: http://www.vnmanga.com/truyentranh/manga.php?action=viewall (you must registered and you can DLL V1 to V28 )
    to DLL last chapter go here: http://www.stoptazmo.com/ i know your forum here

V29 à V38 by bittorent here: http://www.mangareactor.tk/

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks rapdroopy

New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast