Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for instruction.]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheGodOfKonoha's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Can someone Translate what this says?? All of it if you can. *Important*
    Spoiler: Image show
    Last edited by mikkih; November 21, 2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sohma Riku's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchi View Post
    Hey, can someone translate this for me?
    I'm not familiar with the series and without any kind of situation, this is actually kinda hard to translate. I tried something, but I can't guarentee it's all correct.

Hey, you. // Which one are you?
    That's government offical is such a pretentious piece of shit. // Being the public welfare seller he is, // he thinks he can beat me?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodOfKonoha View Post
    Can someone Translate what this says?? All of it if you can. *Important*
    Naru-too / Goods and event / Full of information!!
    The knight who will assure victory!!
    Naruto // Kishimoto Masashi // Hashirama VS Madara!! What will the outcome of this battle be!?
    Last edited by Sohma Riku; November 25, 2013 at 07:03 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ナル通(Naru-tsu) is perhaps a short form of ナルト通信 (Naruto News).

Edit/Add:
    ナイト: word play? night & (you) should
    Last edited by mikkih; November 22, 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: edit/add

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    ナル通(Naru-tsu) is perhaps a short form of ナルト通信 (Naruto News).

Edit/Add:
    ナイト: word play? night & (you) should
    About the ナル通... translating it as "Naruto News" sounds pretty credible... I didn't think of it though. (Not that I actually tried I guess...)

For the ナイト stuff... wow, that actually sounds like a triple wordplay!! I'm not up to date with Naruto, so I'm not sure if "night" would be a possibility at this point (that's why I went with knight)... but, reading it as "nai to" (should/must) is also a pretty awesome idea!!

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sohma Riku View Post
    About the ナル通... translating it as "Naruto News" sounds pretty credible... I didn't think of it though. (Not that I actually tried I guess...)

For the ナイト stuff... wow, that actually sounds like a triple wordplay!! I'm not up to date with Naruto, so I'm not sure if "night" would be a possibility at this point (that's why I went with knight)... but, reading it as "nai to" (should/must) is also a pretty awesome idea!!
    I'm with you. I dropped Naruto so many years ago... I can understand why you put "knight" there. Here are the reasons why I considered "night.": (1) People use ナイト as "night" more often than "knight" in Japan, and (2) I thought they might be advertising a must-see battle anime episode which was going to be aired (on TV) at night or something (such as special evening events). Anyway, it's some type of a wordplay. I really don't know.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BeyondAnother's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty then.. I humbly ask if you can translate http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust...t_id=14877581?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone translate this please?

I only want to know what is written in the little box in each page.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp11pjX.png

http://i.imgur.com/6bBXKZn.png

I wanna know the differences between the two.

Also, is it okay if I use these translations?? for posting the chapters that is....

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only about the text in the boxes, right?

Group A hero / Acrobatic white suit

Group A hero / Snake bite fist snake (Snake of snake bite fist)

I'm not entirely sure about the 2nd, because it sounds really odd and 蛇咬拳 (Jakouken) is an existing combination in Japanese. (So all I can do is separately translate the kanji)

If you want to use it for anything, please go ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by DongerMan View Post
    Can someone translate this please?

I only want to know what is written in the little box in each page.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp11pjX.png

http://i.imgur.com/6bBXKZn.png

I wanna know the differences between the two.

Also, is it okay if I use these translations?? for posting the chapters that is....

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SumireScarlett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys!!! I was wondering if anyone can quickly just translate the title of this manga and what language/style of writing it is pwease!! I would really appreciate the help !! Here's the image--->
    the sooner the better but no rush hehe thanks again DDDD
    Last edited by mikkih; December 09, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something like "Class of Screaming" or "Screaming Class", the language is Japanese, and I have no idea what you mean by "style of writing".
    我は怠惰そのものである。

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I would humbly request a translation of a double bubble (frame 1/2).
    Spoiler: image show

Here's the translation I have (translated from French since no one is willing to translate it directly from Japanese):

That's the second time it happens. Some would say the supplies department is slacking off on its work.
    Right. // I understand. (it seems that there is a lot missing here)
    And can't you do something about that smell? It fucking stinks here!
    Don't you forget we're risking our lives every single day in that god-damned desert!
    Hee...
    Supplies department, military command... No way I'm dealing with either of them.
    Last edited by mikkih; December 27, 2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I would humbly request a translation of a double bubble (frame 1/2).

Here's the translation I have (translated from French since no one is willing to translate it directly from Japanese):

That's the second time it happens. Some would say the supplies department is slacking off on its work.
    Right. // I understand. (it seems that there is a lot missing here)
    And can't you do something about that smell? It fucking stinks here!
    Don't you forget we're risking our lives every single day in that god-damned desert!
    Hee...
    Supplies department, military command... No way I'm dealing with either of them.
    Yo Goral,

The double-bubble specifically reads:
    "wakarimashita
    wakarimashita yo

soreyorimo
    antara
    "

which is kinda like:
    "Right, I got it, I got it.

Anyways,
    you guys"

The translators have chosen to stick the latter part of the bubble into the next bubble. But I notice this might make it sound as if the soldier is the one also complaining about the smell when it is the supplies dude further irritating the soldier, so here's my take on the whole thing:

A: It's happened twice now! More like the supplies dept is slacking off, ain't it?!
    B: Right, right, I got it I got it.
    B: Anyways, can't you guys do something about the smell? [It stinks so much that] I can't breathe in here
    A: Bastard! [Don't you forget] we're risking our lives every single day in that [god-damned] desert!
    B: Heee... (TN: Voice they make when they get intimidated/scared.)
    C: No way I'm joining* the supplies dept or the military... (*TN: The verb is "to go," and can also mean "to join [something]" depending on the context, which I'm assuming is the case here. EDIT: I do think "dealing with" has a better feel in this context.)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by mikkih; December 27, 2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ana Clara's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request Thread

I would like some help with these sentences:
    1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
    Context: The grey-hair guy (Hiroki / Kamijou /大嫌) hadn't cared about Christmas, since he isn't christian. But, on December 25th, he did something that he regreted, so he started hating Christmas.
    Spoiler show

2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく". The two guys on the scene are Nowaki (野分) e Hiroki (大嫌)
    Spoiler show

3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Ana Clara; January 01, 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Herme's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello there, I'd like some help with this sentence: 緊張していろ時は掌に『人』とゆー字を3回書いてそれを飲み込むといいんですよ

Apparently the girl was talking about some Japanese habit, since the guy with her then asked her if there was any scientific basis for it.

Spoiler show

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Herme View Post
    Hello there, I'd like some help with this sentence: 緊張していろ時は掌に『人』とゆー字を3回書いてそれを飲み込むといいんですよ
    When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------
    Ana Clara:
    1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
    >I have absolutely no recollection of why it turned out like this. {obviuosly, it sounds like crap in English, so you might want to replace "this" with something more specific based on the context}
    2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく".
    >lit. "Nowaki's body temperature and is warming up and melting the whole of me". I guess I'd slightly reinterpret it to something like "The warmth of Nowaki's body begins to melt all of me"
    3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
    Well, that's entirely up to the context. Literally, it's just "Phone call, 5 hours!?" So he's looking at his call history and says "Huh? I called {some name} yesterday? And the call lasted for 5 hours!?" So, I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation.
    我は怠惰そのものである。

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast