Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for instruction.]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be possible

Would it be possible for someone to please help me with a translation from english to chinese and japanese?
    I want the phrase dream it, believe it, achieve it translated. If someone would do that it would be much appreciated. I am new to the forum and i am not sure if this is the correct section but i will surely learn. I was looking for a forum for translations but i found this little gem instead wich is a huge plus. Thanks in advance

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaibutsu's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

どんな人間だってあんなに否定されたらそうな。
    My translation: What kind of person is denied ...... like that.

What is されたら? I honestly can't find it the dictionary at all.
    Context: Second bubble, first panel
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aarowaim's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hey there Kaibutsu! Good question. First of all, される is a passive form of する. Passive voice says that 'things happened', not that 'people did things'. For example, "The bike was stolen" is passive, but "Somebody stole my bike" is not. Moving on, you see the たら form attached to the verb. たら is somewhat like 'if', in the sense that you use it to say that 'if X were true, then Y'. Anyways, されたら is essentially saying 'if ... were to be done'.
    There is a fine line between bad and good, and an even finer line between good and great.
    Even the most impossible dreams can become possible with time.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would it be possible

Quote Originally Posted by uraharaisimba View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to please help me with a translation from english to chinese and japanese?
    I want the phrase dream it, believe it, achieve it translated. If someone would do that it would be much appreciated. I am new to the forum and i am not sure if this is the correct section but i will surely learn. I was looking for a forum for translations but i found this little gem instead wich is a huge plus. Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum. Just want to let you know it is usually very difficult to translate something written so poetically and make it work in other languages. In most cases there will be an unfortunate compromise with meaning and/or the feel. The Chinese is very problematic if you want it to sound natural, the Japanese less so. But I'll try my best with my limited knowledge while making it sound 'poetic.'

Dream it, believe it, achieve it.

Chinese: 您的夢想,由您相信,由您實踐。
    lit: Your dream, for / up to you to believe, for / up to you to achieve.

Japanese: 夢を持って、それを信じて、そして果たせ。
    lit: Have a dream, believe in it, and then accomplish it. (T/N: command form)

Anyone with better ideas please correct me!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would it be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Japanese: 夢を持って、それを信じて、そして果たせ。
    lit: Have a dream, believe in it, and then accomplish it. (T/N: command form)

Anyone with better ideas please correct me!
    I think it would be more along the lines of 夢見て、信じて、果たせ, which translates to 'dream, believe, achieve'. The pronoun 'it' usually doesn't have enough meaning in English to be differentiated from the verb in Japanese. Alternatively, if you want to keep the sense of a series of steps, beginning with a dream, then 夢を持ったら、信じて、果たせ. "If you have a dream, believe in it, make it real."

It's not much of a correction, so much as it is a different interpretation. Your translation was fine, but I felt that there was a better way to capture the meaning. I do feel that your use of imperative form was spot on, because requesting someone to 'please achieve your dreams' lacks a lot of punch compared to telling them 'Achieve your dreams; do it NOW!'. It just seems absurd to use a polite request to give someone inspiration. I can't really give advice on the Chinese :/

@uraharaisimba:
    Here's the info if you need it:
    夢見て、信じて、果たせ
    yumemite, shinjite, hatase
    "Dream, believe, achieve"

夢を持ったら、信じて、果たせ
    yume o mottara, shinjite, hatase
    "If you have a dream, believe in it, make it real"
    Last edited by Aarowaim; October 08, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
    There is a fine line between bad and good, and an even finer line between good and great.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dream it, believe it, achieve it.

How about ...
    夢を持ち、それを信じ、達成せよ
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkColorBlood's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Could someone please translate this page reference of a character please?
    http://hameln.oshinchan.com/mangasca...ters/orgel.jpg
    thank you very much~

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkColorBlood View Post
    Could someone please translate this page reference of a character please?
    http://hameln.oshinchan.com/mangasca...ters/orgel.jpg
    thank you very much~
    Do you have a bigger image of that? Because it's too small and blurry to identify some of the kanji.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaibutsu: If you need it, I took the time to type out the entire text. I didn't get the giant kanji on the bottom, and I missed two kanji I can't be sure of (marked in blue).

Here's the text:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Aarowaim; October 18, 2013 at 05:34 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are some missing parts.

おそらく魔に:
    は死霊から自由に使えるが:は...
    (使)用しているはず: 使しているはず
    永遠に(_)は解放されない:
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - although I'm sorry but I think it's too advanced for me OTL I could only manage to roughly translate the first twos sentences of the main text...the third sentence made me cry ; __ ; So long that I got so confused

Spoiler show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamelin's Violinist/ハーメルンのバイオリン弾き
    I did some research and found the manga that this comes from. The character the page is about is Orgel, and he appears to be some sort of necromancer. As far as the Japanese Description of Orgel says on wikipedia, his body is effectively immortal and he takes the form of a mask.

"The Violinist of Hameln, volume 15
    A somewhat strange omake series

Doesn't he look about 15 or 16? Nobody knows the name of this kid, who's probably a boy that left the world with regrets (No doubt an unfortunate child slain by the Mazoku). Although Orgel, a necromancer who's true form is a mask, can control the bodies of the dearly departed (limited to souls who passed in the depths of regret), this kid is being controlled of his own free will. Despite having been riddled with holes fighting against Sizer, this corpse is still in usable condition. This body was torn apart in the battle of Score by Sizer's party, but it would not be surprising if Orgel's true form is still being used. As long as Orgel remains alive, this unfortunate child's spirit will never be set free.

Ah, this is wonderful

It's under the mask..."

That should be a serviceable translation, but it'll probably need a bit of fact-checking if you want it to be perfect.
    Last edited by Aarowaim; October 19, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

someone please

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right before the 2nd movie!! Super big {the rest cut off}
    The serialization resumes starting in December!! Details {the rest cut off}
    Last edited by cmertb; November 06, 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fixing tl due to some misread kanji
    我は怠惰そのものである。

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sacchi's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, can someone translate this for me?
    Spoiler: Image show
    Last edited by mikkih; November 21, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

New Reply
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast