Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for instruction.]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ana Clara's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Quote Originally Posted by cmertb View Post
    When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------
    Ana Clara:
    1) "何故こんな事になったのか全く記憶にないが". That sentence is about the grey-hair guy.
    >I have absolutely no recollection of why it turned out like this. {obviuosly, it sounds like crap in English, so you might want to replace "this" with something more specific based on the context}
    2) "野分の体温が俺の全てを温 めて溶かしていく".
    >lit. "Nowaki's body temperature and is warming up and melting the whole of me". I guess I'd slightly reinterpret it to something like "The warmth of Nowaki's body begins to melt all of me"
    3) "通話5時間!?" Did the phone call last for 5 hours?
    Well, that's entirely up to the context. Literally, it's just "Phone call, 5 hours!?" So he's looking at his call history and says "Huh? I called {some name} yesterday? And the call lasted for 5 hours!?" So, I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation.
    cmertb, thanks for the help. But, unfortunately, I can't give 'thanks' and 'likes' now, because the computer I'm using has a problem. But later, I am going thank you properly.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Herme's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Quote Originally Posted by cmertb View Post
    When you're nervous, you should draw the "人" character on the palm of your hand three times and then swallow it.
    Wow, I've really never heard about this habit among Japanese people. Thank you very much for clarifying it, man.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could someone translate the summary of this manga for me please and thank you 4ever

Spoiler: Image show

「リアルアカウント」は、国内最大のSNS・リアル アカウント、通称リアアカが舞台の頭脳バトル もの。現実世界では友達が少ない主人公が、自 らのアカウントのフォロワーを巻き添えにする デスゲームに巻き込まれるところから物語が始
    Last edited by mikkih; January 19, 2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Animeace View Post
    「リアルアカウント」は、国内最大のSNS・リアル アカウント、通称リアアカが舞台の頭脳バトル もの。現実世界では友達が少ない主人公が、自 らのアカウントのフォロワーを巻き添えにする デスゲームに巻き込まれるところから物語が始
    "Real Account" is the largest SNS in the nation. Commonly called "ReaAcc", it serves as a stage for battles of the intellect. The story begins as the protagonist, who has few friends in real life, gets pulled into a death game where the followers of your account take collateral damage.
    我は怠惰そのものである。

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Loldiz's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Can anyone translate that to me?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Karatachi {trifoliate orange (Poncirus trifoliata); hardy orange} flowers bloomed.
    White white flowers bloomed.
    Karatachi thorns hurt
    Green green needles of thorns
    Karatachi is the boundary of the field
    The path always always traveled

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9-40wKDfM
    我は怠惰そのものである。

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like some help with these chinese lines.
    Context: The two guys, Yoshino Chiaki and Hatori Yoshiyuki, are close friends and work together (and some times live together in the same house). Hatori is the one who is using a necktie, and Yoshino is the small one.
    Spoiler show

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tanequil's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Reading Order:
    Yoshino: I bought a household rice polisher!!

Text below rice polisher (with arrow): Looks like this.

Yoshino: Because I think that if I'm going to eat it, then I might as well make it tasty!!

Yoshino: Besides, this is going to make cooking easier!!

Hatori: Well, that's not bad, but what's the percentage chance of you actually using this thing?

Yoshino: ... About 5% ...
    Last edited by Tanequil; February 02, 2014 at 04:27 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Master Swordsman's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you translate this for me .. it is from some databook about Mihawk ( one piece )

http://www.mobdi3ine.net/up3/img45ce59a30ed21.png

Thank you

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't you start from the top right column? I can't see the image in its entirety, so

...多い人のための片付...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

Shouldn't you start from the top right column? I can't see the image in its entirety, so

...多い人のための片付...
    Thanks for the advice about the column.
    The guy who is holding it in his hands is very short, so could the book's title be "矮多い人のための片付け"?
    Last edited by Ana Clara; February 08, 2014 at 08:12 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, there could even be two characters under that image.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Master Swordsman's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It would be better you upload the page directly on the forum using 'Insert Image', because some users prefer to not open links.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Swordsman View Post
    You forgot to say that the image is in Chinese. This is a topic for Japanese tlers, people who know Chinese are unlikely to open any images unless you tell them it's Chinese. And Japanese tlers who would open your image don't necessarily understand Chinese.
    我は怠惰そのものである。

New Reply
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast