Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: [JP] a couple of sentences from a manga about music

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ckrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Confused [JP] a couple of sentences from a manga about music

    I'm having trouble with a few lines. Here's the link to the chapter which hopefully helps more than me vaguely trying to describe what's going on. (please do tell me if you'd rather have me do otherwise though)

    https://mega.co.nz/#!CtwknIJK!ul-x3g...g2P0UTPQ28BZr0

    p109
    それじゃライブジャックじゃねぇか!!
    I have no idea what ライブジャック is. Is he talking about his guitar being plugged in or something?

    p117: 今頃、冬夜が捜してるだろ... 退散退散。
    He's probably looking for him right now... Have to keep them apart. (退散 is the problem here)

    p128: まわりの奴らを殺してでも突き詰めなきゃ。
    It's only logical that you have to even kill people around you. (This is a wild guess, I'm not familiar with でも being used after a て-form, and what 突き詰めなきゃ should be translated as)

    p129: そーやっ先輩達を追い込んで... 切り捨てて...
    By doing that, you'll drive your senpai in a corner... and toss them aside...

    あんたはそればっかりで... 人の心はねぇのか?
    That's all you do... Don't you have a heart?

    離れてく人や...
    楽器に触れなくなった人だっていただろ?
    I have absolutely no idea about these last two.


    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by ckrit; August 11, 2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: problem solved, thanks mikkih!

  2. #2
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [JP] a couple of sentences from a manga about music

    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    I'm having trouble with a few lines. Here's the link to the chapter which hopefully helps more than me vaguely trying to describe what's going on. (please do tell me if you'd rather have me do otherwise though)

    https://mega.co.nz/#!CtwknIJK!ul-x3g...g2P0UTPQ28BZr0
    It's always a good idea to write your own context. Please remember that some members do not like to visit unknow sites.

    Since I did not visit your liked site, I'll comment without any context.

    Quote Quote:
    p109
    それじゃライブジャックじゃねぇか!!
    I have no idea what ライブジャック is. Is he talking about his guitar being plugged in or something?
    Maybe, but I'm not sure. It can be about a live music concert event.

    Quote Quote:
    p117: 今頃、冬夜が捜してるだろ... 退散退散。
    He's probably looking for him right now... Have to keep them apart. (退散 is the problem here)
    退散退散 ... Gotta leave. Let's leave/go. Gotta run.

    Quote Quote:
    p128: まわりの奴らを殺してでも突き詰めなきゃ。
    It's only logical that you have to even kill people around you. (This is a wild guess, I'm not familiar with でも being used after a て-form, and what 突き詰めなきゃ should be translated as)
    ~してでも even if (subject) (verb) ~
    突き詰める:find out (the truth, someone, place e.t.c.)
    なきゃ:なければ(ならない) need to, must

    Quote Quote:
    p129: そーやっ先輩達を追い込んで... 切り捨てて...
    By doing that, you'll drive your senpai in a corner... and toss them aside...
    First half is fine.
    切り捨てて... writing him/her off ...

    Quote Quote:
    あんたはそればっかりで... 人の心はねぇのか?
    That's all you do... Don't you have a heart?
    fine

    Quote Quote:
    離れてく人や...
    楽器に触れなくなった人だっていただろ?
    I have absolutely no idea about these last two.
    (音楽 or 楽器から)離れていく人や、楽器に触れなくなった(=楽器を弾かなくなった)人もいたでしょう?
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts