Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: A level after Ban Kai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something bigger than Bankai....?

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    These power resided within him but he was not able to control them to the point when he started training. His reaitsu fluctuated and he was hesitant is using hollow powers.
    Well looking at Ichigo now. His bankai looks complete and his eyes look like Tensa zangetsu (fearless and willing to kill). He Trained for 3 months fighting hollowfied Tensa. We can also assume that he has complete control of his hallow powers because his zampacto is a hallow now. He isn't hesitant and afraid of Aizen anymore.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what happened with Ichigo and Zangetsu could be explained like this. Just being able to use Bankai does not mean that your Bankai abilities, powers, and even form are all automatically revealed to you. The best example of the would be Renji, we have progressively seen his Bankai get more powerful through the use of new techniques. And also with Byakuya, when he faced Ichigo, we saw his Bankai take on a whole new form when Byakuya used Senkei, and it changed once again when he used Shukei Hakuteiken. And the same thing could be happening with Ichigo right now. Tense Zangetau looking a bit different now could be the equivalent of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi changing when Byakuya used Senkai. So i think Ichigo just learned a new technique by training and spending more with with Zangetsu. Something that naturally happens, but it usually takes years and years.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Bankai is the highest form. From what we see with ichigo and byakuya and even Hitsu is that Bankais can have different stages and levels of techniques to them. A bankai can grow it seems and isn't just limited to one particular attack. On top of this I would say that we can be sure that bankai is it for a shinigami otherwise Aizen would have no reason to want to go beyond a shinigami because he claims he has reached the limits of one. We all would assume then that he has bankai and that there is nothing more as a shinigami that he could do without hollowification or something more such as fusing with the Hogyoku itself. So for a regular shinigami without hollowification I would say Bankai is the limit. Once you tap into Hollowification it would seem that more is possible but this is being augmented by other sources other than just shinigami ability alone.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    I believe that Bankai is the highest form. From what we see with ichigo and byakuya and even Hitsu is that Bankais can have different stages and levels of techniques to them. A bankai can grow it seems and isn't just limited to one particular attack. On top of this I would say that we can be sure that bankai is it for a shinigami otherwise Aizen would have no reason to want to go beyond a shinigami because he claims he has reached the limits of one. We all would assume then that he has bankai and that there is nothing more as a shinigami that he could do without hollowification or something more such as fusing with the Hogyoku itself. So for a regular shinigami without hollowification I would say Bankai is the limit. Once you tap into Hollowification it would seem that more is possible but this is being augmented by other sources other than just shinigami ability alone.
    yeah I agree.

But we might see some more transformation of bankai like byakuya's bankai which turned into then into another form

maybe ichigo's bankai might be more flexible with the chains or maybe ichigo gotten not only gotten a technique but something more like new fighting style because of the sparring
    CLEANED

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    yeah I agree.

But we might see some more transformation of bankai like byakuya's bankai which turned into then into another form

maybe ichigo's bankai might be more flexible with the chains or maybe ichigo gotten not only gotten a technique but something more like new fighting style because of the sparring
    Right, that is what I was getting at. We have seen quite a few bankai's that seem to grow and have different aspects to them and versitility. Byakuya has a different from and different levels of attacks, Hitsu is starting to show new techniques for it as well, now Ichigo has a new form and hopefully new attacks . So by all means the growth of a bankai is evident but anything beyond that in the arsenal of a mere shinigami is just not there.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, some people's shikais are overkill as it is, we haven't even seen everyone's bankais. However, it would be better if some shinigami had different forms of their shikais and bankais, i.e. Rose, Byakuya, etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder we see that Ichigo's bankai changes when its complete. Hitsu even admits his bankai is immature. Renji achieved bankai right before Ichigo so his is immature. Byakuya claims it takes at least 10 years to complete bankai. I wonder when every Bankai is mature will they change.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A level after Ban Kai

i think that the third level of release for a Zanpaktou would be where the zan merges with the Shinigami (like the final GT) because that would cause ultimate harmony between Shinigami and Zanpaktou

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

FGT was not a third level of release lol. It was not referred to as such by neither zangetsu or ichigo. I think the manga made it clear the FGT was a zampakuto technique rather than a level of release. I mean, if FGT actually was such a thing it would have been called that by someone relevant such as ichigo or zangetsu right? Also, we have little reason to believe such a thing is even attainable by other shinigami. If it really is just a technique it wouldn't even make sense for other shinigami to have something like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

People, there is no level after Ban Kai. Look up what the phrase means for starters. Thats why Kubo is still being very stingy with all the best ones. Its still the ultimate move in BLEACH, barring Ichigo's special technique.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If the 3 strongest beings (yama, Aizen and Ichigo) in Gotei 13 could not attain a level after bankai no one will...
    Bankai is supposed to be the ultimate zanpaktou release for a shinigami after this he has to hone his own skills rather then his zanpaktou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well i wouldnt say that the last stage that ichigo was was a bankai...its just impossible to be bankai... it was more like a total new being
    but ichigo aint an example he is an exception with hollow and shinigami pwrs... so that cant be accounted for a next sword release...
    but then again if kubo wants to drag on..he will have to give mroe killer stuffs like a next release

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well i wouldnt say that the last stage that ichigo was was a bankai...its just impossible to be bankai... it was more like a total new being
    but ichigo aint an example he is an exception with hollow and shinigami pwrs... so that cant be accounted for a next sword release...
    but then again if kubo wants to drag on..he will have to give mroe killer stuffs like a next release
    I doubt that Kubo will ever invent a release higher then bankai since it would make the Gotei 13 obsolete. Yama semi-confirmed this with the statement:
    I am still the captain-commander because there hasn't been born a single shinigami stronger then myself.
    I reckon hitsugaya has the potential to surpass yama, but thats just a oppinion

Kubo will delve further in the hybrid thing like he has shown with Aizen and Ichigo. both of these 2 have evolved a different way.
    Aizen lost his zanpaktou through evolution and becomes stronger like hollows do (devouring other spirits)
    Ichigo merged his hollow and zanpaktou into a single creature where neither would need to become dominant (perfect Vizard).
    Kubo has shown us through this that there are atleast 2 ways to become a hybrid, like the vizards (ichigo included) or like Tousen and Aizen who sacrifice their shinigami powers for hollow brute force. Hollows who become arrancar will probably have the same possibilities and I reckon all espada are like the vizards to become perfect hybrids by having an equal amount of shinigami powers as hollow powers. Although I believe the only 2 espada are similair to Aizen and Tousen in terms of evolution are Ulq and Starkk/lillynete both of these have certain shinigami traits similair to the evolution of Aizen and tousen (Ulq having a second form/release and Starkk has Lillynete who resembles a zanpaktou)
    Last edited by Richo; November 26, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand all the fuss. Bankai is it. I believe there is beyond bankai but that is fusing with your Zanpakuto. That really isn't beyond bankai though. That's combining yourself with your zapakuto. Why would anyone want to lose that though? If Isshin lost his powers because of this and Ichigo the same, I believe it is a known ability, by someone other than these two, or maybe not.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not neccesaarily because when ichigo firt achieves his hollow mask its when hes training with kiuske to awaken his soul reaper powers. with this in mind the hollow mask being a variation of ichigos bankai is impossible because he got the hollow mask before he achived bankai

New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast