Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I don't think Raki has a chance, when we discuss strength or ability.

But I think he has a good deal of emotional or psychological influence on Priscilla to disturb her or stop her from wreaking havoc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well the prevailing-popular speculation is that Raki will be made into a super "final boss" of the Organization, via through the Destroyer's infectious small rods in his shoulder and the Organization implanting whatever other flesh into him as well.

Thus, this "could" instantly make Raki even more powerful then Priscilla... (somehow...) ... lol....

------------------------------

as should be "seen", I myself am not too fond of this nor entertaining this as even a possibilty, lol.

but, it's very popular amongst many other people.

----------------------------

if interested, my own theory of how Priscilla will be "dealt with" is:

Clare will "de-Awaken" Priscilla back into a Claymore. (but, then as to what happens, I've no idea, lol)

(if you are interested, I can go into more detail and supporting evidence that seems to at least somewhat suggest this outcome/method of this theory of mine)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 16, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

that's interesting hege-san, but i think it's better to discuss in detail in the specific threads, or you can start a new one for your theory.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a new feature for the Claymore forum: Like the D. Gray Man, Psyren, and Reborn forums, old chapters and reviews can now be found in the chapter and reviews archive. The threads are still open, everyone is still welcome to post,
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 28, 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

guys i just finished watching claymore anime thru for the second time;i know i know lol.didn't notice the first time thru,but raki is such a snivelling little bitch,crying and sobbing about everything.i did catch a convo with the org when it was mentioned that clare was the first to be human mixed with a claymore.think this was the org's intent on fighting ABs but now she fights againsts them???????

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in the anime, Rubel does chat with Raki about Claymores and Clare.

(I believe it is in episode 2 in the inn, Rubel is coming down the stairs as he talks to Raki on the first floor, which prompts Raki to run after Clare on her Elena black card mission, thinking that it is Clare whom is Awakening and going to be executed, lol)

---------------------------------------

ALL Claymores are "made" from implanting humans with normal yoma flesh. So, Clare is not the first, lol. Actually for the anime, Clare is the LAST Claymore to be created. Clare's the youngest/newest Claymore, as there is no after Pieta Battle in the anime with Clarice's Era of Claymores.

(except Clare, whom was implanted with a Claymore's flesh, Teresa's flesh from her head, lol)

However, Clare is the FIRST and LAST (ONLY) human to desire/want to be made into Claymore, whom also actually even searched for a Black Coat to DEMAND to be made into a Claymore.

(you go little human girl Clare, demand Rubel to make you into a Claymore, using flesh from Teresa's head !!!! hehe)

-----------------------------------------------

yes, in the manga, it is revealed that Miria's suspicions of the Organization are true. This causes the 7 surviving Claymores to vow vengence on the Organization (as their fallen 17 fellow Claymores in the Pieta Battle was the "last straw").
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 01, 2010 at 03:21 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Godeye_Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong Mods. But there was just this one thought I would like to ask: Why does Claymore had few fans?

For me this is the best manga I have ever read! I really like the story, the characters, the plot and most of all the awesome twists! It is an epic tale to be honest. But those are just my opinions based on my standards.

Most people prefer Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and other very popular stories over Claymore. All of my RL friends that likes manga and anime actually never shows interest in Claymore. They really prefer those other much popular ones. And even in the web it shows how the masses prefer them over Claymore.

I have read and seen these popular stories and I do admit they are good too but I still prefer Claymore over them. Now, I was just thinking maybe I'm missing something?

Or maybe the fans are just hiding somewhere?

Just my thoughts.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naw, this thread is just for such a question. it's a general thread to discuss general claymore stuff and somewhat chat with each other too.

-----------------------------------------------

my limited (and maybe ignorant/prejudice) understanding:

over in Japan, this isn't too popular, at least compared with the "big 3" (naruto, bleach, and one piece), as it is much more european'ish of a manga.

in the "west" (america/europe) it's split, depending whether the person is into medieval europe/fantasy type stuff or not.

however, at least in the U.S., our (anime) media that has Claymore lisenced, don't realize how "popular" Claymore is, and so they air it far less then the other anime. Also, we in the U.S. still aren't really used to non-kiddish "cartoons" (anime) yet (especially the older generations anyways), so Claymore being a bit violent (and with its brief nudity) is only aired late at night as well. all of these things hurt it's publicity and popularity here in the U.S.

---------------------------------

I too LOVE Claymore, it my FAV, lol

(I'm one of those persons, whom LOVES medieval europe and fantasy stuff, so this was like a dream come true for me! medieval europe/fantasy + hot blonde battle babes - norse valkyries in paladin like armor that are hardcore in serious business of killing stuff!, these girls kick.. bottom, and are HAWT! RAWR!)

----------------------------------------------------------

as for the manga:

it being a monthly manga... annoys everyone, though I wouldn't personally want it to be a weekly if it's quality would drop off!

as for buying it in the U.S. :

individually it's not that expensive, but if you wanna actually buy all the volumes... its quite a bit of money...

---------------------------------

well with younger viewers, they flock to the "big three", that's to be expected, not much Claymore can do about that, with it's more grown-up, sophisticated (such as its themes), complex, and deep story, and its violence (though it's not really any worse then bleach or naruto, but meh) and brief nudity and some sexual unnendoes here and there (at least with a dirty mind anyways).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 03, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a very informative post Sir HK.

Now that you have explained that carefully, that makes me think that there are really a lot of factor that affects a Manga/Anime. And yes, maybe I should agree that Claymore is a bit brutal for the masses. Some people might even find it disturbing. And it also had this 'seriousness' in it that most people might not want to be entertained in such.

Considering the age factor, animations are made mostly for the young ones but it really came to the point that the adults came to liking it too. So I think I should disregard this factor. I don't want to conclude that most people who like anime/manga are young, age being its basis.

And about the type, we can say that most Japanese prefer anime/manga that presents or carry their culture. But yet, not all anime/manga fans are Japanese. I'm actually surprised to know that Europeans and Americans favor these kind of cartoons since they have their own. So saying that Japanese anime/manga lovers are more than the other population combined can be true or wrong too.

Your post, Sir HK, really enlightened me in this matter. I can see how Claymore never had that much fans. But still, whatever happens its my favorite.

Also, I'm happy to know that we have the same taste. I like medieval Europe and fantasy setting too! That might be one of the reasons I'm a Claymore fan.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

online, it's pretty popular (but so is all other manga/anime too, lol).

don't get me started on American media stuff (well 2000+) ....

(we had good shows in 1980's and 1990's, but now it has been really "dumbed" down to corny-lame under age 10 kiddish stuff... ughn...)

great example of this:

if you look up (or watch a clip on youtube.com) these tv show series:

1990's = Batman: The Animated Series or Batman Beyond = these are very "dark" and serious. Joker is a psycho/socio-path! much more dark and scary. you can see it just in the art of him.

vs

the Batman's of year 2000+, you can see the degradation of our shows, sighs. the Joker is a "goofball" (to quote Revy from BL) clown. you can see it just in the art of him.

--------

the 1980's and 1990's was the "Golden Years" of American media (video games, tv shows/series, and movies), and now (well the animated/"cartoons" tv shows/series) it's so "sappy-corny" kiddish now... ughn!

then we had great stories and novelty ideas, now its just "for profit/blockbusters" of the same type of stuff over and over (talking about video games... now).

------------------------------------

P.S.

I'm an (nerdy/geeky) American and grew up on medieval and fantasy stuff (knights and dragons and king arthur and that kind of stuff), but I love ancient history stuff too (modern world stuff bores me, lol. swords and axes more exciting then guns, lol), so this is why I like Claymore and medieval europe stuff so much.

I like ancient/medieval asian stuff too (japanese samurais, ninjas, martial arts, and especially the mongols-my fav!), I just don't know much about most of it..

in the U.S. for required classes we're just taught about europe (greeks, romans, western europe)... and not much about asia

only in college/university can you then take classes and learn about asian history and stuff in more detail.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 03, 2010 at 02:19 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HK:

I agree with you regarding Claymore. It definitely has a mature feel, booth in its story line content and depiction. I doubt the violence would suit someone of young age. However, I did find the story of a lost and broken child trying to find redemption endearing. It tugs at your at your hear and makes you wish for the best, although fate often leads to paths of sorrow.

Of late, Claymore has become quite complex with a story line that could well fit the plot of the next James Bond movie. I wish Yagi would return to the beginnings and focus on the evolution and trials of the characters. Although I lament waiting a month for the following chapter, making Claymore bi-weekly would not give Yagi enough time to fully develop any meaningful content beyond rampant bloodshed.

Purchased the Memorabilia Album from Japan and ordered the Bluray Anime. Safe say I enjoy Claymore. My desktop background is black/white picture of the Twin Goddesses. Someone saw my phone background picture (Miria - Painted by Lily on Deviant Art). Said she was beautiful and asked if she was my significant other.

WS
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

On the bright side, maybe we can just keep Claymore to ourselves and not share them to others. That way, we might feel special

I find Claymore characters very appealing. Actually it was that Teresa of the Faint Smile manga chapter that truly amazed me and got me addicted in to this. And as I read it more and more I found numerous characters with complicated personalities. I became very interested in them and I want to know more. But the true 'bomb' is that the fact that that huge place is just a laboratory. That is something I wasn't able to predict. I admit it's shocking.

Now I want to know more. And yes, that one month duration for releasing a new chapter is a pain. But still I think, I can handle that because I honestly don't want the story to end. I'm still enjoying it.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read Claymore in an issue of Shonen Jump. I was attracted to the medieval setting and find the title to be a bit refreshing if not trite. It was not until the third volume that I really started to get into it.

I'm a fan of Claymore who sort of sits right in the middle. I'm not one of those who worship the title like a fanboy nor am I someone who reads it only to rant with extreme haterism. There have been somethings I've liked about the title and somethings I didn't. Overall though it's a great work that is underexposed and underappreciated I think. But of course, the masses so love their Naruto and Bleach with their drab worlds and boring characters.

Still, I rather like Claymore in part because it isn't as popular as other titles. Because the manga is still somewhat underground, you get a better quality of fans. And because it doesn't come out once a week, you get more story and development in each new chapter. Compare that to Naruto which is at chapter 500+ I think, more than 300 of those were trash mind you. So while it is hard to wait on the next installment each month, I think it's a good thing that Claymore isn't released as often as other titles.

If I had to point out Claymore's biggest flaw it would be the lack of characterization. The cast of Claymore is rich in personality yet it seems to me that although a few characters do have their backgrounds explained (in minor detail mind you), the title boils down to, "The Adventures of Clare." (Square-Enix had this same problem with Final Fantasy XII given that the game almost completely centered on Ashe). Given how delicious, I mean, how interesting the other characters are I would like to have seen more time spent with Helen, Galatea, the Black Ones, you get the idea. Another flaw would be this whole Raki thing. Maybe it's just me but it seems like the author is trying to work in some small amount of romance and well, it just doesn't work.

Claymores strengths are many. Compared to low-brow titles like Bleach, the writing is Shakespearian. I also like how there is a genuine mystery in this title, or series thereof. That being the organization and the MIBs. I know one Hegemonkhan can post theories for weeks about one aspect of the MIBs so clearly, the writer has done a damn good job crafting a mystery around this group. The art, while nothing on the level of CLAMP is still quite good and from an artistic standpoint, I am attracted to most of the Claymores on some level. For example, Galatea has an Victorian-esque beauty about her. On the reverse, Clare seems to have a contemporary air of beauty about her which, accordingly so is less refined. Miria's locks enhanced or rather, brought out her inner wildness and ferocity. As someone who appreciates art, I find the character designs thought provoking.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; December 03, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting point, there, Kamelot.

Claymore does have a somewhat underground feel, and the art is quite rough that is why not too many people seem to appreciate it.

When you mentioned about character development, I think the mangaka really has had their personalities in her head. And even if the personalities do show, maybe more characterization is needed to flesh out to the readers who these characters really are- sort of like, we get the story, we get how the characters go, but we don't empathize with them.

I think the plot is really great, the whole concept of Claymore and the setting is awesome and very imaginative. But it lacks scenes which really compel the reader to root for whoever there is to root for. I don't know, but that's how I feel- detached from the rest of the characters. (unlike say, Guts from Berserk where you can feel his desperation and all).

Overall it's a very interesting read. Besides, cute girls wielding huge-ass swords?? Oh yeah.
    Last edited by baboysai; December 03, 2010 at 07:58 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to ask a question here. I hope its ohkay. Are Claymores lesbian?

New Reply
Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast