Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Not that we've seen*. However, we have seen heterosexuality both directly and indirectly:

*Ophelia-Clare incident, was not a lesbian scene, but rather Ophelia's "MUST PLAY WITH, TORTURE/TEASE/MOCK, AND KILL AWAKENEDS" fetish, and Clare as a HA seemed to be an Awakened to Ophelia. Which is strange, because Ophelia never tried to kill HA Miria, despite witnessing Miria past her limit, so maybe there's something even more different about Clare, or maybe it was just jealousy of Clare+Raki reminding Ophelia of herself+her brother, on top of Clare seeming to be an Awakened. Meh. I don't know why Ophelia tried to kill Clare but not Miria.

directly:

1. Clare (female) <3 Raki (male)
    2. Priscilla (female) questionably/arguably <3 Raki (male)... or not...
    3. Agatha (female) <3 Cid (male)
    4. Cid (human) <3 Clare (female) ... she allowed him to kiss her... to Raki's jealousy, though Raki kicks Cid where it counted...
    5. Teresa (female) didn't mind letting the bandits (males), including Rig (male), mate with her... though none of them ever actually did so.
    6. Riful (female) romantically <3 Dauf (male)

Indirectly:

1. Normal yomas (males) take human females as sexual "toys/pets" (possibly such as Clare)
    2. Some Claymores (females) from time to time have taken human males as sexual "toys/pets"
    3. Clare uses/trained in seduction/sexuality, and has been seen using it on males, and also telling Raki about it, with her "prostitute's smile", though sadly she never showed it, much to all of us guys' disappointment, lol. RAKI, you imbecile, why did you say no?!!!!! ARGH!

Speculations:

1. Riful (female) originally <3 Isley (male)
    2. Luciela (female) once <3 Isley (male)
    3. Clare (female) was possibly raped by the normal yomas (males)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Godeye_Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohkay! That's nice to know. Then maybe I should disregard those pictures that I've been seeing where in Claymores portray they have romantic feelings towards each other.

Thanks a lot Sir HK.

But wait! Agatha <3 Cid?! Where can I see that part? I wasn't aware of that.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

she offers her body (with ALL of the human female's body parts, cough reproductive system cough) to "handsome" Cid, before she would then kill him (though Galatea "saves" him and it never happens, lol. Maybe Galatea made up for it later on, )

ch 75 page 5: Rabona soldiers talking about the naked Awakened Agatha: ~"Are we in a dream?". LOL

ch 75 page 6-7: A NOT handsome enough Rabona soldier for Agatha, hehe. Though, he did get to kiss her lips

ch 75 page 9-10: NOT handsome enough Rabona soldiers for Agatha, hehe. They didn't even get to kiss her lips.

...dun dun dun...

ch 75 page 14: Agatha you naughty girl!

Cid: ~"I'm not into monsters" .... OUCH, Agatha got rejected! Cid LOVES CLARE, ROFL! Clare is more hot than you are Agatha even when naked and offering yourself to me!

ch 75 pages 16-18: Galatea "saves" Cid

ch 75 page 19: Galatea then just tosses him away.... literally, lol. Cid wasn't good enough for Galatea, she prefers "big guy" Galk, lol. (ch 75 pages 15-16), though she did throw him away too literally, lol. Meh.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I missed that! Wow, I'm amazed something like that happened and I wasn't aware. I really need to re-read the manga. I'm missing a lot of things!

On the other hand, I just thought that those arguments you posted earlier only applies to several people. So basically we could say that 'some' claymores are lesbian then.
    "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first. Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose worse. "

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the examples I gave in previous post was showing heterosexual (male+female) romantic interests, not homosexual (female+female or male+male. obviously, in this case, lesbian, as that is what you're asking about) interests.

------------------------------------------

Nothing says that they can't be lesbians, but at the same time, we haven't seen any such lesbian interests by them.

there's definately love between many female characters, but it's NOT romantic (lesbian) love:

Clare+Teresa
    Deneve+Helen
    Miria+Hilda
    Clare+Jean
    Alicia+Beth
    Rafaela+Luciela
    Clare+Elena
    Yuma+Clare
    Deneve+Clare
    Helen+Clare
    Ophelia+Clare
    Irene+Clare
    Miria+Clare
    Galatea+Clare
    Miata+Clarice
    Deneve+Miria
    Helen+Miria
    Miria+Tabatha
    Cynthia+Yuma
    Cynthia+Clare
    Tabatha+Clare
    Audrey+Rachel
    Deneve+Undine
    Undine+her fellow friend Claymore
    Clare+Flora
    etc..
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    ch 75 page 19: Galatea then just tosses him away.... literally, lol. Cid wasn't good enough for Galatea, she prefers "big guy" Galk, lol. (ch 75 pages 15-16), though she did throw him away too literally, lol. Meh.
    I know who she prefers, it's Miria. Just, kidding.

On your latter post, I think most of them are like friends. And as for the other it's because they are the same, meaning they are both Claymores that shares the same fate and the likes.

Now I understand. Thanks for clarifying Sir HK! That's really a great help.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, I shouldn't have used love, as it has a lot of meanings, and I never explained what meaning I meant for love, lol.

------------------------------------------

Replace my use of love with caring, as all of those pairings I showed, specifically deeply care about each other, well beyond normal caring that they might have for others.

(Clare and Miria are of course the popular ones, in this caring aspect, lol. Though, Clare completely beats out Miria, despite Miria's admiration from her leadership abilities and "fame"/renown/prestige, lol. Clare is like Naruto in both of their abilities to attract/receive/get caring from others. Miria's is more "fake" based on her leadership abilities and the "fame"/renown/prestige that comes with it. "People flock to a great leader", whereas Clare actually earns their caring/love, despite not being a leader like Miria is)

---------------------

Clare creates actual deep friendships, whereas Miria creates admiration-followers, though if they get to know Miria, she's much like Clare, with a very "weak" (soft/caring) heart, and that creates friendships like Clare is able to. But, initially or solely if they don't get to know her more personally, Miria's "supporters" are just "flocking to her as a great leader".
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 13, 2010 at 02:42 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HK:

Love (it has many aspects/facets) is the accurate term for the feelings that some of the characters have for each other or for other individuals. Clare loves Teresa as a daughter loves a mother. Miria loves Hilda as an elder sister. We can say that Helen and Deneve love each other as sisters. Irrespective of her statements to the contrary, Clare does love Raki. From the deep kiss she gave him in The Endless Gravestones, you could infer that something more existed.

WS
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fê - forever alone's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Helen and Deneve are much more than just friends, and theire love is much bigger than fraternal love, lol.

Same goes for Miria and Hilda. But the most perceptible one is Tabitha. Her admiration for Miria goes beyond anything I ever seen, lol. Her feelings for Miria are the most deeply crazy in love character, lol.

By the way, I envy Raki and Hilda. T_T

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

That one pretty twisted my calmness again, Fe!

I do agree with you about Helen and Deneve. I think it is really much deeper than friendship. Based on what we are presented, we can definitely produce several conclusions. But then basing on my own opinion, I think its really more than friends. Because me as a girl, I think I would not do those kind of things that Helen and Deneve do, to my friend or even my bestfriend. Well, that's just my opinion.

Another thing for Miria and Hilda, I think I would agree with WS' post. I believe Miria loves Hilda as an elder sister and she's really into it. She used Hilda as her inspiration to reach the same rank Hilda was.

I believe things like homosexual relationships in Claymore can happen because of the environment they are in. Just imagine you're a female working with the same sex, thriving for life, feeling a lot of physical, mental and emotional pain... Psychologically, anybody caught in that situation will try to find comfort and since you are surrounded dominantly by females there is a huge percentage that you'll go for them. And the percentage increases with the fact that you are experiencing the same thing (e.g. undergone half human/half yoma experiments and such).
    Last edited by Godeye_Galatea; December 13, 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, if females are in the same situation and behaving like males (forced with having high testosterone, adrenaline, and aggressiveness, or they'll just get killed in battle), they too will act like males which includes the homosexual closeness-play-or actual "romance" as seen over and over in situations where it's a large number of males together and with no females available (military, sports, or some work fields too). Females will be just as susceptible to this as males are, and engage in homosexual closeness-play-or actual "romance/sex"

if you don't have the opposite gender available, you don't have much options for your sexual desires/urges, be they playfulness or actual "romance/sex". it's really that simple and applies to both females and males.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love doesn't have to involve "romance/sex". Helen and Deneve are two deeply close friends (or rather "BFFs") or "sisters/brothers" (well sisters as they're both female, but its the same among brothers too, the closeness without actual "romance/sex").

--------------

actually that's a good way to describe these pairings (HK claps himself on the back), lol:

BFFs = Best Friends Forever !!!

Helen+Deneve are BFFs

Miria+Hilda are BFFs

Clare+Teresa are BFFs

etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 13, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohkay, ohkay... They can be that BFF you were saying. But I think I saw something in them that makes them more than BFF. I just forgot what chapter or episode in the anime was that. I also forgot what they did. The only thing I remember was me concluding they were more than friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, it's certainly possible it goes into "romance/sexual feelings for each other". I'd have to see the source your addressing to see/decide for myself, lol, about specifically Deneve+Helen. Though that high level of closeness can stil be without "romance/sexual feelings for each other", as there is this concept/idea of Love that is far beyond mere romance/sex

---------------------

there is indeed romance/sexual feelings for each other in Claymore too:

Raki+Clare = <3
    Riful+Dauf = <3
    Agatha somewhat <3 Cid
    Cid <3 Clare
    Father Vincent ("Jariya") <3 Clarice (just look at his eyes dilate and his lips widen in a naughty smile when Clarice comes running out in just a bath towel barely wrapped/held around her body! Pervy old man!)
    (seemingly at first) Priscilla <3 Raki
    etc..
    (how'd I forget the bandits <3 Teresa, well that is until they saw her body, lol)
    etc..
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 14, 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the chapters where Helen/Deneve fight Isley and when they fight Priscilla. I believe it is Helen that says this. Neither will die alone. If one should fall, then the other one will as well. Both would die together. Helen and Deneve share a very close relationship. They're long time friends that know each other intimately well. I don't believe the relationship has any romantic tones to it though. You can share your entire soul with someone and not feel the slightest romantic towards that person.

In regards to Father Vincent, I don't think believe that "envy" entered his thoughts. He was more likely surprised to see a naked young girl and a towel wrapped young woman running around in his church. Also, Agatha was merely toying with Cid (sadistic humor). If what Agatha showed was romance, I'll endeavor to become a hermit.

It should be an interesting revelation when Clare finally reunites with Raki. I don't think Yagi would be cruel enough to deprive us of this.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that scene when Father Vincent was somewhat shocked is that because he saw that 'thing' again, that somewhat fearful body of a Claymore.

We kept forgetting that first secret that Yagi introduced us. Yagi! When will you show it?

New Reply
Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast