Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well I think I also need to read it from the beginning. It has come to a point in my reading of this manga that I don't remember names anymore because of its monthly releases. This is common for manga that get released monthly, since I read many things in between.

A marathon is necessary.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Well I think I also need to read it from the beginning. It has come to a point in my reading of this manga that I don't remember names anymore because of its monthly releases. This is common for manga that get released monthly, since I read many things in between.

A marathon is necessary.
    yeah well tbh I had a hard time remembering some of the names..I could never remember luciela's name and Rifuls for some reasons.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedSmile
    Hi HK:

Getting a crash course in Claymore is a common phenomenon. Took me two days to get through the first Anime episode because I didn't think much of it at first. Forced myself to sit through it and was hooked.

Nearly fell into tears at the end of certain chapters. Got perplexed by some of the forum member's comments into the difference between the ending of the Anime and the Manga. Decided to track it down and went over one hundred chapters in a span of several days. Was beyond depressed because at the time the Manga ended at Chapter 107.

Read some of the post in regards to the events that occurred. Found out that I missed so much because I went through it so fast. Still find rereading the chapters enjoyable and intriguing. One Blu-Ray set and one Memorabilia Book shipped from Japan, I'm certain I've become a fan.

ws
    The people who know more of the infinite details and complexities of Claymore beyond the surface text, only came about through going over the manga over and over again, as everytime you do you learn or realize something completely new, that is what makes a story top notch, and Claymore is a top notch story by a top notch writer, Yagi! As you argue, debate, defend, and discuss about Claymore online, you build up that knowledge. Even the best people, will miss just as much as the worst people, Claymore is that awesomely deep a story! We who know Claymore to a greater detail and knowledge is because we've been at it for quite a while, especially in debates, as we look up (re-read the manga and examine it like a detective) to prove our arguments.

P.S.

it also REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY helps to start documenting and recording the manga's pages of useful information... though make sure you organize your notes... as, as they build up, they become harder to navigate than the manga itself's 114 chapters, lol. My own personal experience, haha

------------------------------------------

as for the names and characters, I partly made this just for you (and myself too, as I had trouble with names or who's who as well, lol):

Characters of Claymore Project

and for the geography/location of stuff on the island, there's:

Claymore Island Mapping Project

and please feel free to help and give your thoughts in these two threads! Or, if you have anything to add to them or to correct in them!

(do note, that these two threads haven't been updated for awhile... when I got time, I'll definately go and re-vamp/update them, as its something I've been wanting to do for a while now... but I've been a bit busy with university-school work, other RL stuff, as well as being a mod here)

Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 22, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it really interesting that clair and clarice are both numbers 47's and with such a similiar names.Well thats not what I wanted to say, but we know that Clair was kinda special in her own way since she has Teresa's blood and not complete 50/50 like other warriors. So when I saw Clarice's hair color again another similiarity that she is not a complete 50/50 warrior. What are the chances that she also has some extremely powerful warrior flesh in her? I also have a feeling that her character will play a role in the future, since she always was so loyal to the organization and I dont feel like she actually is 100 % with Miria's alliance.
    What do you guys think are the chances that she might be a sort of counter character to Clair in the future?

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

about the names:

while maybe there's significance, I don't think so, I think it's just a coincidence, as Clare~Clarice are NOT the only two names to be similar to each other. Rafaela~Raftela/Rafutela. Irene/Ilene~Elena. and maybe some more as well that I can't think of at this moment.

----------------------------

Clarice is a bit of a mystery, or she's not.

Clarice seems to be the "brains" of the Claymore force, with very good deduction skills and perception (the Ghosts' existence with the graves), and as the BCs' investigator. She also seems to have a good relationship with the BCs as well, they treat her well and allow her to speak to them, which might be unusual for a rank 47 to be able to do so, and to be used by the BCs in the first place as well, suggests she's not a normal rank 47 possibly. Then there's the issue of using her to "pacify" the (novice/immature) rank 1 power level Miata. And lastly, her performance against Agatha is suspect of being more powerful than she seems. So, maybe she is a devious spy for infiltrating the Ghosts (maybe she wasn't actually ordered to kill Galatea, but to watch her and Rabona and the Ghosts for the Org).

or, she simply is a (true, unlike Clare) rank 47 and possibly a slightly "failed" (human'ish) Claymore with her brown hair and seemingly flickering ability to do basic Yoki Sensing of another's Yoki. While Clarice seemed to perform well against Agatha, so did the Humans for that matter, lol. Also, she could have simply been a sacrificial attempt with Miata, no big deal if Miata kills Clarice, and/or the BCs were counting on her "Failed" (human'ish) side as a wetnurse "mother" for Miata to pacify Miata and be able to order her around for the Org. Lastly, Clarice did seem clearly disturbed by Miria's truth about the Org, and seems to be genuine about it, abhored at the Org using them, and at the idea of the Org probably killing them for not executing Galatea if they were to return to the Org.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 01, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: size show

Original can be found here. I translated it the best I could. Unless it's not original and I've translated English->Polish translation .

Anyway, similar page can be found in chapter 80 (page 3 or sth like that) and in volume 10 (page 185, almost the end). Yagi often draws characters without any background.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well dunno whether it was states what type of a warrior priscilla was. Defensive warrior is when claymore fights "in order to protect themselves" hence the great regeneration abilites. Offensive is obvi coz their goal is to kill as much yoma as possible. Now when I look at Priscilla's childhood she actually killed a yoma as a human which is pretty aggressive and impressive.Since the yoma killed her parents she had a natural hatred towards yoma and as stated by Irene " noone has a greater hatred for yoma than Priscilla". So I bet this makes Priscilla an offensive type right? But whats interesting is that when she was fighting Easley she showed some insane regenration abilities. When Easely was piercing her body she was still able to regen her other parts, which an offensive type cant possibly do. Could it be because she awakened? Well cant be since even Rigardo as an ex-offensive claymore had to attach his arm in order to regen it. So did organization manag to create a warrior that can be counted as both offensive and defensive?Well I guess my question is whether it was ever stated what type of warrior priscilla is sine I cant find it. Sorry if its a stupid question

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a good question, though an old one, hehe.

actually offensive types can regenerate, such as rank 1 Rafaela, according to Rubel.

Regeneration does seem to be "easier" for defensive types, but it also requires a high power level and uses up a lot of Yoki as well, even for defensive types as well as for offensive types. Regeneration is truly an advanced/high level Ability.

We see this with Isley and Riful, as they are unable to Regenerate when they are too low on Yoki.

We, also, see this via Ophelia. As a Claymore, she wasn't powerful enough to Regenerate, but she mistakenedly thought that offensive types, like herself, couldn't Regenerate. However, upon becoming an Awakened and more powerful, now Ophelia could Regenerate.

Also, even Dauf can Regenerate, though he takes an X amount of long time to do so.

I'd say that Dauf's power level is just above that which is needed for an offensive type to Regenerate (assuming he's an offensive type, lol).

Also, Yuma, prior to the aftermath of the Pieta battle, she needed Cynthia's help to Regenerate her arm that was destroyed in the "3 recon/scout battle" before the main Pieta battle. But, now, Yuma was able to fully Regenerate Cynthia whole, then Regenerate Deneve's arm, and also "calm" Deneve's Yoki as well. While we haven't seen Yuma trying to Regenerate herself, priorly she couldn't Regenerate others, but now she can, even better than Cynthia even, lol.

---------------------

Regeneration also requires memory of the body part that they want to "reconstruct" (Regenerate), so if X amount of time goes by, they lose their memory of their destroyed body part, and thus it now becomes impossible for them to Regenerate. So there's a limited time-frame to be able to Regenerate.

----------------------

(I'm going off of my memory, so I might forget some characters or get stuff wrong possibly too)

OT=offensive type
    DT=defensive type
    UT=unknown type

those who can Regenerate themselves:

01. OT rank 1 Claymore Rafaela (even the difficult eye, according to Rubel, but Rafaela chose to not Regenerate her eye)
    02. OT rank 4 Awakened Ophelia
    03. UT rank 1 Awakened Isley
    04. UT rank 1 Awakened Riful
    05. OT* rank 3 Awakened Dauf
    06. DT rank 3 Claymore Galatea (we don't know if she can Regenerate the difficult eye or not, though she needed her eyes destroyed regardless in order to remain in Rabona until Agatha was defeated when finally Claymores were allowed within Rabona, but than it was too late and she enjoyed her enhanced Yoki Sensing from not having eyes as well, hehe)
    07. DT rank 15/19 Half-Awakened Deneve
    08. UT rank 22 Ghost Half-Awakened Helen (according to Deneve)
    09. UT rank 1 Awakened Priscilla
    10. The Abyss Feeders/Eaters

*Riful seems to be saying he's an OT, but it's not certain whether he is or not, so if not an OT, than he's an UT, lol.

those who can Regenerate themselves with help (Cynthia's help):

1. DT rank 40 Claymore Yuma
    2. UT rank 22 Ghost Half-Awakened Helen

those who can Regenerate themselves with help (Yuma's help):

1. DT rank 14 Ghost Claymore Cynthia
    2. DT rank 15/19 Ghost Half-Awakened Deneve

Those who can help Regenerate others:

1. DT rank 14 Claymore Cynthia
    2. DT rank 40 Ghost Claymore Yuma

(Some of) Those who can NOT Regenerate:

1. OT rank 2 Claymore Irene
    2. OT rank 4 Claymore Ophelia

Unsure whether they can Regenerate, or if they're merely, Re-Attaching or Healing, instead:

1. UT rank 1 Claymore Miata
    2. OT rank 47 Claymore Clare
    3. OT** rank 6 HA Claymore Miria

**I think the manga said Miria is an OT, but if not, than she's an UT, lol

---------------------------------

Priscilla is an UT, we just don't know officially, nor speculatively because:

OT=wants to destroy opponent (Teresa)=Priscilla
    DT=doesn't want to die=Priscilla

--------------------------------

And about OT and DT:

two characters explain OT and DT:

1. Claymore Ophelia to Clare (after Clare falls off the cliff into the river and gets out)
    2. Irene to Clare (while Clare is in Quick Sword training, after being saved from death from Claymore Ophelia by Irene)

Ophelia's assessment of DT and OT is wrong, as (Claymore) offensive types can Regenerate (rank 1 Rafaela, according to Rubel).

Irene accurately explains OT and DT while Clare is in Quick Sword training, after being saved from death from Claymore Ophelia by Irene

DT and OT actually don't determine what abilities one has, as offensive types can Regenerate (see above), and defensive types can use offensive Yoki Abilities too (such as Galatea's Muscle Bulking of her "Multiplier" Ability).

so, according to Irene, OT and DT really have no significance, as OT simply means that one will defend another via removing the threat, and DT simply means that one fears dying above all else and that they will directly defend another from the threat/attack.

-----------------------------

P.S.

if you want the sources (chapter and page numbers) for any of this stuff, let me know!

(well, not everything, such as the types, as I'm not going to look through the entire manga for them at least not anytime soon, lol)

but if you want the sources for Rafaela being a rank 1 and able to Regenerate, Irene talking about DT and OT, Ophelia talking about OT and Dt, and/or maybe whatever else I might have sources for, hehe, let me know!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 30, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a theory on regeneration.

For Claymores, regeneration is a skill. Like any skill it can be learned, but how well they do depends on one's talent for the skill. Hince, anyone can learn math or ride a bike but not everyone can grasp the concept of 4th degree differential equations or finish the Tour de France. Offensive and defensives can both regenerate if they are taught and how well they do depends on the natural talent and in the case of Claymores, yoki pool they possess.

Now for Monsters, I think regeneration becomes an innate ability if they arn't limited by their intelligance and/or yoki pool. This is why more powerful monsters can regenerate faster, they are smarter and have greater yoki pool.

I think Dauf is a special case however because he's so stupid. Maybe he's so dumb where regeneration is like running for ABs where he can't run a few steps without tripping over his own feet.
    Last edited by Khorr; May 30, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention about Tabatha, sorry!

I can't remember if the manga said if she can Regenerate, though as a DT, a Ghost, and rank 31, she probably can, since Yuma presumably can, though the manga doesn't have any reference of Yuma successfully Regenerating herself. So, I just can't remember if the manga officially states it or not, about Tabatha being able to Regenerate.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 30, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Chapter 115 will have 31 pages (not counting the cover) show

Mirror in case it doesn't work.

It's obvious that some people already have the newest chapter and the lack of spoilers is actually promising. It might mean that something quite spectacular is going to happen (or that nothing interesting or surprising but I prefer to think the former is true).

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member killbill's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Does claymore have any male characters and Is there any romance in it? or is it only pure action?

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Old_Mate's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You’ve got a few male supporting characters like Raki the nut cracker, there's some ninjas with poles, an organisation of weird looking men, and there are a fair few male monsters. However, the main characters of the story are female. And they’re also part monster.

If you are looking for romance I don’t think you will find any in this story, at least I don’t remember any.......although.......come to think of it Roxanne did share a pillow with Cassandra last chapter . There is a lot of action, but I think the majority of us read it for the story telling more than anything.

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the romance and sexual content/innuendos is very minor, abstract, and suggestive only. there is nudity, but it's not done for fanservice (for the most part anyways, lol), as it's for the story and other such literary stuff.

Spoiler: Warning: Spoilerish show

-------------------------

the anime doesn't have a very deep plot/story, it's basically action, as it stops before the epic story/plot gets revealed to us in the manga.

but the manga, is not just action, it has an amazing, deep, and complex story and plot, it's really awesome.

-------------------

Warning: Spoilerish, but here's a great review of the anime anyways of Claymore (the manga is even better/more interesting/enjoyable/etc, hehe):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJCfAnah_bo

and you can see my recommendation thread, for a more detailed review of it, as it has both Claymore manga and anime, done for you to look at:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ndation-Thread

Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 12, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

this is something i have been wondering for a while. Why did Rafaela had to work all this time for organization just to get info on Luciela? I mean she knew that Luciela became AOOS, wasnt it just easier to go to southern lands and look for her. Pretty sure with her Yoki perception skills she would be able to find her or atleast get a an info on her.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast