Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

my theory:

Fact: Rafaela LOVED her BELOVED older sister Luciela. Rafaela cared as much for Luciela as Clare cared for Teresa. As Alicia cared for Beth. As Beth cared for Alicia. As Tabatha cares for Miria. Etc etc etc. Luciela was EVERYTHING to Rafaela, just as Teresa was EVERYTHING to Clare.

Rafaela thus would do anything to get her sister back! (Luciela was "lost" due to Rafaela being unable to protect Luciela from becoming an AO during their Soul Link attempt, Rafaela was dead-set to get Luciela back from her failure to protect Luciela).

In fact, Rafaela does so:

1. Rafaela keeps her Yoki Suppressed (and in one translation it said Rafaela had Luciela's Yoki inside of her, as well as her own - which I theorize Rafaela would try to use Luciela's Yoki to De-Awaken AO Luciela back into her Claymore self, but sadly I have been completely unable to find this translated account, sighs), in hopes to use it to De-Awaken Luciela somehow...

2. Rafaela kills her own fellow Claymores, earning her the gossiped non-official title of The Assassin of the Organization, whispered amongst the Claymores. Who knows how many Claymores Rafaela has killed for Rubel... Presumably Rafaela kills at least Irene.

3. Rafaela does whatever Rubel wants, she's his "right hand man... err..woman". She was Rubel's body guard and enforcer for Rubel when he met up with Clare+Jean wanting them to go to Pieta for him. Also, according to Galatea, Rafaela+Renee were secretly spying on the Pieta battle, and were to ensure that the 24 Claymores were killed, which they would personally do, if Isley's Pieta ABs failed to kill off all 24 of the Claymores, such as if the Claymores tried to run away. Lastly, Galatea asks who was Luciela's younger sister, but Rubel would NOT tell Galatea that the 2 ranks below her, rank 5 Rafaela, was that younger sister of Luciela's, as he was personally using the uber powerful, having at least the power level of rank 1 Luciela, Rafaela....

---

so why is Rafaela, one of the most powerful Claymores of all time, being Rubel's "lapdog" ???

BLACKMAIL

Rubel says: "he has information *ABOUT* Luciela"

he doesn't say, he has information of Luciela's location... which you pointed out already: Rafaela is an excellent Eye (Yoki Sensor), she could have easily found AO Luciela at any time.

ABOUT is a very interesting word... like maybe Information ABOUT HOW TO De-AWAKEN AO LUCIELA, EH ???

Rubel teases Rafaela about this, now he does comment about Rafaela wanting to kill Luciela... but in my examination of it, I believe Rubel knew that Rafaela had no interest in actually killing Luciela, Rafaela wanted to rectify her failure to protect Luciela, Rafaela wanted to return AO Luciela into Claymore Luciela, Rafaela wanted to "SAVE" Luciela. He might jsut have said that to throw off any possible BCs easedropping on him...

without getting too much into my larger theory, Rubel seemed to have planned these entire events with the PURPOSE of creating the Destroyer.

Rafaela thought Rubel was telling her how to "Save"/De-Awaken Luciela (Riful explains what happened after Rafaela hug-crushed Luciela to death, which would result not in Luciela being revived as a Claymore at the cost of Rafaela's life in Rubel's lie that he was teaching/telling her how to do a "Sacrifical Life Transfer Purification Ressurection Technique"), when (theorizingly) he was actually telling her, unknown to her, how to create an UBER Awakened... except... Rafaela fails to do so, fails to fully merge her body with Luciela's corpse only half-merging their bodies instead, creating the "incompleted half" Uber Awakened, the Destroyer... if the Destroyer is the result of the incompleted process... imagine if Rafaela was successful, fully merging with Luciela's corpse... something far more powerful than even the Destroyer would have been created...

it's scary when the Destroyer is "merely" the result of a failed and incompleted process...

-----

anyways, back to the topic...

Rubel had information *ABOUT* (theorizingly) how to De-Awaken Luciela (or so Rafaela stupidly believed), so Rafaela had no choice to do whatever Rubel wanted of her, it was Blackmail that she would not refuse, as her beloved older sister Luciela was the most and only important thing to Rafaela. She would kinslay-genocide her own Claymores into extinction if it meant she could return Luciela to normal, back into a Claymore, and that's partially what she did, as The Assassin of the Organization, she was at least a rank 1 in power, if not beyond a rank 1, and so she could eliminate any problematic powerful Claymore that the Lido "Spiderman male AB couldn't or that suicide missions could not kill off either.

-----------------------------------------

P.S.

this is only bits and pieces of my theory, if you want my theory in full detail let me know... though it'll take quite a while to construct... sighs...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; September 07, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah actually i also thought that Luciela could be de- awakened, but then I was re-reading chapters and Isley stated that once claymore awakens she awakens for good. So i am pretty sure Luci couldnt been re-awaken. But then again she could of been willignly became an assasin of organization, since she didnt want any other warrior to fight Luciela, since she felt a responsibility to deal with Luciela herself

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

1.I was kinda wondering, when Tereza was fighting almost awakened priscilla, she stated that becuz priscilla lets out so mch yoki that tereza cant read her movements anymore. THats kidna weird, since when Clair and miria fought spider-man( the first awakened hunt), miria stated that the more person lets out yoki the easier it is to read it for clare. Where clare uses the same teq tereza used. WHich means that teq is perfect against AB. SO how come tereza wasnt able to read it? I am so sorry if the question has already been asked.....
    2. So I was thinking, and I guess it is pretty much confirmed that Dae's true goal was actually to recreate a trio of Ao? With this the triators will be wiped out and also Ao's will be a perfect practice dummies for the future soul link warriors?
    3.When priscilla put her arm into Raki's body, dont u guys think that she kinda transfered some of her yoki into him? I mean its very possible since the yoma flesh was actually in his body?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. a possible explanation:

at NO YR, Teresa wasn't powerful enough to accurately "read" Orcish 70%+ YR Priscilla's Yoki, hence Teresa's statement as such.

however, upon Teresa's YR of 10%, now Teresa was again powerful enough to accurately "read" Orcish 70%+ YR Priscilla's Yoki, hence Teresa's statement as such.

this delves into the argument of whether Teresa needs her PYSA or not, because if my possible explanation is correct, than Teresa was using her PYSA to pwn Orcish Priscilla, and if it is incorrect, than Teresa was pwning Orcish Priscilla without her PYSA.

PYSA = Pre-emptive or Pinpoint Yoki Sensing Ability = Teresa and Clare (though there's the argument of whether PYSA is special or not, as in, if say especially Blind Galatea can/is doing the PYSA or not, and my own ponderance of whether Teresa actually can do the PYSA, as the manga never directly shows Teresa using the PYSA, like it does with Clare, hehe)

2. I think it is safe to say that Dae wanted and maybe intentionally "meddled" with them, so they would Awaken.

as to his motive, that's still quite speculatory. I think there does seem to be some hostility towards the Org by Dae, so maybe he wants the Org to be destroyed... though without the Org wouldn't this hamper his ability as a scientist, which he does seem to be, the "classical mad scientist who cares about nothing but his science, his creations" ??? meh. like I said, much speculation, no real answers to Dae's motive or agenda as yet.

I don't think Dae actually cares about Soul Link warriors, he's much more interested in the Destroyer and its "Fragments" (the two small projectiles that were in Raki's left shoulder) and now with this mysterious uber Awakened that exists thank to finding "her" (who we know is Priscilla's, and she's the uber Awakened) arm impaled within Raki's back, and which we've already seen, Dae taking Priscila's arm's Yoki to Resurrect 3 rank 1 Claymores from the dead. No, the Soul Link is boring and meaningless, Dae has much more advanced things to be interested in: Resurrecting Claymores, the Destroyer and its potential, and this uber Awakened (Priscilla) and its (her) potential.

Also, Dae was actually against the Soul Link warriors:

Soul Link Claymores vs Dae's "Monsters" (the AFs, Destroyer, Priscilla, and now Resurrected Claymore "zombies") within the Org. In fact, Rimuto was against Dae's Monsters, banning Dae, but now Rimuto has finally given Dae the "green light", due to the problem with Claymores' still having their minds, as seen with their current rebellion. Yes, Dae's Monsters are now perceived as a much better direction, than their traditional use of Claymores, hehe. Rimuto did vow to still use "Claymores", but ones that have their minds/selves/personalities/emotions completely ERASED, which is pretty much basically saying to go with Dae's "Monsters", as such mindless/soulless Claymores, would hardly be Claymores at all, more like Dae's AFs than Claymores.

3. it's possible, but don't forget that the destroyer's yoki would also be within Raki as well, as Raki was impaled by both of them, lol. 2 small Projectiles from the Destroyer's Hellcats in his left shoulder, and Priscilla's arm fully impaled into his back.

I think the best understanding thus far given by the manga, is that these two fleshes, and their Yokis, nullified or neutralized each other like an acid and a base do to each other, making them harmless. As forget about having Yoki... Raki should have been Awakened by the Yoma fleshes impaled into him, as how is that any different from an orphaned human girl being implanted by Yoma flesh, mutating her into a Claymore? Shouldn't Raki have been mutated into something too? Thus, why I feel the best argument is that these two fleshes truly did nullify or neutralize each other, preventing either flesh from mutating Raki into something... Though, whether Raki has Yoki or not, is still possible, even as the mutation never happened, as having "Yoki Residue Power" is one thing, while mutation into something... is quite something else-more.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 01, 2011 at 04:28 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your name? Phantom claymore

Hello, someone of you, know the name of the traineer twin sisters? I' do not read her name in the manga...... ??? Are nameless?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Falcor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's your name? Phantom claymore

Their names have not been revealed as of yet, to many's chagrin. So "Shrimp Twins" seems to be the popular nickname for them until Yagi gives us something better.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

However, it is very strange. Until now, no warrior remained unnamed. It has even been able to Eva, the former number 7 died in pieta. The twins see that it is very possible that has not yet revealed their names?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Falcor is correct, they remain nameless thus far.

They are still Trainees, so maybe that's why they're names aren't given to us.

I personally call them:

TAITs = Trainee Awakening Identical Twins (Sisters)

-------------------------------------

Rank 7 Eva... (Anastasia is her replacement as the new rank 7, along with Rank 15 Nike, Keira, and Phina. I don't remember Keira's and Phina's ranks... maybe 18 or 28, and 38 ?? -meh, I have their ranks recorded in the Characters of Claymore Thread)

AND... Kate, Lucia, and unnamed Claymore

Eva's AB Hunting Team of 4, hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 10, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have a theory on why their names are not revealed to us yet. Yagi has proven that he is not about to run out of ideas for names of the new warriors so maybe names of the new twins are meant to surprise us. Maybe they have names that we heard before, the ones that would make sense to give to the twins. Their names might be Teresa and Clare. That would also be a way for Yagi to masterfully troll us. I mean imagine the spoilers for the next chapter mentioning Teresa and Clare only to turn out that those were names of the twins.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner melvo 17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they may be called new alicia and beth

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lolzasas's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps soon well find out

if yagi needs helps with names ive got some xD

Adilicia, Iria, Wyna, Millet,Carlota ,Liguel,Esmeree ,Cierra , Millia , Merriot ,Lecarra, Faticia,Eneide,Cortina, Aldis, Sodine and Nelsha

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

21 volumes of Claymore have been sold in 7 000 000 copies. So averagely each volume sold at over 333k copies which is better than some Shounen Jump titles.

---------- Post added December 28, 2011 at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was November 30, 2011 at 09:15 AM ----------

Does anyone else find the choice of characters (and the order) shown on official Claymore page interesting?

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Don't speak all at once.

OK, let me justify my opinion. For one there are such randoms there like Nike or Anastasia, there is also Raftela who appeared in 3 chapters only but Dae isn't here. Secondly, first four characters are the most important ones (the ones who appear in most chapters) and Clarice is in a row with Priscilla, Teresa and Galatea who I think are much more important than her at the moment. I doubt it's random though. There are some dead characters here, including Alicia and Beth but Irene or Ophelia or even Duff weren't included even though they were more important to the story than these twins who have shown a sign of character only moments before they died. There is also Renee who is a complete random if she's dead and I wouldn't see any point in including her unless she had some use later. If I would analyze it further I would probably notice some more "patterns" although it could be my imagination working. Nonetheless I find the choice of characters interesting, even if it was like you said (i.e. they're just most distinctive characters from recent chapters).

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone translate what is said for each character? to see if there's anything special about this page?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use google translate for this here, seriously. You will easily see that there is a short biography/characterization of each character, nothing we wouldn't know ourselves. For example Clare is described as a warrior who inherited Teresa's (the strongest warrior - these are exact words used :]) flesh and blood, it's also said she lost her right arm in battle and took Irene's arm and learned QS. Lastly it's said that after the war in the North and timeskip she also learned WC. The same goes for other characters.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you find Claymore currently as good as it was before the timeskip ? I find the situation since the timeskip a little messy and I honestly have trouble to follow from time to time.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast