Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1203

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCat View Post
    I like Raki alot and I'm a guy. I like his character and relationships with other characters. He's awesome. Brings things and feels to the series that would never be there, or only play a tiny role..
    Agreed. His warm, friendly, golden masculinity is such an excellent contrast to the warriors. The story would be poorer without him. Plus, the scene with the trainees was soooooooo CUTE!

One thing that gets me about all the Raki-bashing is that a lot of the things people seem to hate him for; whining, neediness, showing human vulnerability; are things Clare does as well. She was very clingly and weepy when she was a kid, too, as anyone who's read chapter 150 will recall. The way I see it, Clare and Raki are more similar than any other people in this series: they're both people who need people. For them, their loved ones are their reason to live. Please stop hating on Raki guys, it's basically bashing Clare. Also, it's not his fault that the anime completely misinterpreted his character so don't judge him by that either.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Number A View Post
    Agreed. His warm, friendly, golden masculinity is such an excellent contrast to the warriors. The story would be poorer without him. Plus, the scene with the trainees was soooooooo CUTE!

One thing that gets me about all the Raki-bashing is that a lot of the things people seem to hate him for; whining, neediness, showing human vulnerability; are things Clare does as well. She was very clingly and weepy when she was a kid, too, as anyone who's read chapter 150 will recall. The way I see it, Clare and Raki are more similar than any other people in this series: they're both people who need people. For them, their loved ones are their reason to live. Please stop hating on Raki guys, it's basically bashing Clare. Also, it's not his fault that the anime completely misinterpreted his character so don't judge him by that either.
    Yeah, to speak bluntly, I just pass the people who hate Raki off as pretty shallow. Especially when they use played out reasoning or cry about his relationship with Clare. It sucks to have to be forced to read their displeasure virtually everywhere , and it sucks the worst that they're all the exact same reasons for hatred. Legit no variation in reasoning. It's all the same. Hate to come out and say it, but holding it in for years is just pain on the soul. Makes me want to yell at the sky sometimes.

It must be bad to be him. He gets his ass kicked alot because of his choice in companionship and interest in Clare. Tough dude.
    Last edited by TacoCat; May 04, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes me want to yell at the sky sometimes.
    I feel your pain, mate, but no amount of justified frustration will ever make it stop. Just accept that

and don't let it get to you

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful new Avatar Number A.
    Last edited by Bayuga; May 06, 2014 at 11:23 AM.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    It knew that it was going to be very very close, but still that was intense. (It was a battle of straight hair vs. curly wavy hair!)

Beside being beautiful, Galatea is one of the tallest Claymore, standing at 185cm, so she could be a fashion model too.

Meant to ask earlier, but I've been on vacation and not online much. Was there a figure of Galetea that I wasn't aware of? I've been trying to collect all the claymore stuff I can, especially the figures but wasn't aware of any large figure other than Clare? It looks like a very nice piece!
    Last edited by TStew; May 09, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
    T~Stew

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since I'm getting them feels out there:

I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring… I usually am not interested in anime/manga so much, but Claymore is so different. It's strange. There are so many vague things in the series that are like "what the f**k was that even for," but they're not that bad. Like dragon's kin, parasites, and complete regeneration out of no damn where, but it's so awesome. It's so much deeper than sword fighting vixens, monsters, and badassery, although they're a huge plus. I can't put my thumb on it.

I've been following the series for so long, and it takes so long, but it's worth it. Please end already so I can get all the volumes. End nicely. That'd be great. It'd break my heart for it to end per se, but 12 years! Geez. As old as my brother. Lucky for me, I was growing up when this story started. I can't imagine how bad it must've been to follow since dia uno. 4 years is too much for me.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel you bro Finish it so I can also finish collecting the books, but at the same time I want more story and more expansion to the universe. Maybe it's the fantastical setting, maybe it's the characters, maybe it's the action, maybe it's the 'straightforwardness' of the story, it's probably all of these things and more. Though by common standards there are many more other series that are (so-called) better written, Claymore attracts me the most in every way I can think of and I have hardly any idea what exactly it is that does it for me. It's like a chronicle of Claymore drawn in pictures, and in addition to that we integrate ourselves into Clare's journey. I'm sure most readers who have followed it long enough will feel the same, a character whom we can relate to in one way or another: cheer for in success, and feel the feels during emotional moments etc.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

12. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since I'm getting them feels out there:

I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring… I usually am not interested in anime/manga so much, but Claymore is so different. It's strange. There are so many vague things in the series that are like "what the f**k was that even for," but they're not that bad. Like dragon's kin, parasites, and complete regeneration out of no damn where, but it's so awesome. It's so much deeper than sword fighting vixens, monsters, and badassery, although they're a huge plus. I can't put my thumb on it.
    For me, the manga stands on Yagi's phenomenal gift for character. The first time I read this story, I found myself enjoying the way Raki and Clare interacted as early as their arrival in Rabona. Things only got better with time and cast size and now, 18 months later, I don't like fight scenes because I hate it seeing these paper people I love in pain.

Yagi may invent random stuff sometimes out of narrative necessity, but he never, ever compromises the integrity of his characters. This gives his story an emotional core capable of holding readers for years (just look at the Teresa fans), a core it shares with every other story which has held my interest for so long. Te mea nui, indeed.

Has anyone here ever read Angel Densetsu? It has no central plot or protagonist, it's a series of interwoven character studies. It's great fun, I highly recommend it, and what makes it great is the sanguine enthusiasm of Ryoko, Seichiro's inexhaustible goodwill, and every single scene involving Ikuno Shirataki. Perhaps the most interesting part of the entire manga is the afterword which Yagi devotes entirely to talking about how important his characters are to his creative process. Claymore is a different story with a different focus (and a lot more overall structure) so none of this may actually be relevant, but it suits my interpretation of what makes this story exceptional.

It's more than that, though. I've read lots of stories which are superior to Claymore in every possible way but which didn't reach my soul in the same way. Personally, I've always liked casts with a nice range of female characters, stories about how people help each other heal and find joy and meaning in spite of hostile circumstances, stories with cool fight scenes backed up by actual plot (so rare T_T), stories about smart, nice people, and stories about people rising up and reclaiming their humanity. I see all these things in Claymore. If you were designing a story which would bypass all my critical facilities and leave me babbling like an idiot for months on end,you couldn't do better than this.

Truly it is more than the sum of its parts.
    Last edited by Number A; May 10, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TStew View Post
    Meant to ask earlier, but I've been on vacation and not online much. Was there a figure of Galetea that I wasn't aware of? I've been trying to collect all the claymore stuff I can, especially the figures but wasn't aware of any large figure other than Clare? It looks like a very nice piece!
    Agreed, the painting is superb on this. It seems this image comes from here:
    http://myfigurecollection.net/item/60524
    I'm not so familiar with figures, but the few Shining Wizard figures I've seen are all very high quality Hope they make Anastasia too!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kureimoa's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Klaymore has a lot of heart, pretty much the only manga that can bring tears to my eyes. It`s a beautiful kind of story that`s hard to come across these days. I've read about 100 manga and none has come even close to doing that.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

We're nearly halfway to the next chapter guys! Here's another Teresa meme to celebrate

I know the reference is a bit old, I'm dumb like that ^_^

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Send me the fic when you're done ^_^
    Oops, I forgot.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5866107...ymore-outtakes
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring…
    I'm sure this has been discussed many-a-times here. And I'm not very good at coming up with the words to express my answer, though Number A hits most of what I was thinking.

For me, I am not that experienced with anime/manga. I had some friends in college into anime but after seeing a few I never got into it. Seems like most were geared for the younger crowd. I only got back into it a few years ago when I switched the genre on netflix to anime to fend off boredom from seeing everything else on netflix already. I was like what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I didnt know what to try although one caught my eye on the first screen, Sekirei, yeah with the huge boobs and all. I'm like well its ok but this is kind of silly and none of it seemed plausible. I tried a few others here and there, late nights I was staying up to prepare myself for coming nightshifts but I rarely went more than a few episodes in before I lost interest. Most anime to me either was to non-plausible, too silly, too much fan service, all a bunch of high school or college kids, etc. Then I randomly picked Claymore one night. Ok, cute girl, armored, big sword, worth checking out at least. First episode didnt blow me away by any means but it didnt turn me away either. Decided to watch another. Ok, at least all the things I didnt like about every other anime I'd watched werent an issue with Claymore. Most all the characters besides Raki were adults, the women were all shown nicely and not unrealistically proportioned, the plot while only unraveling bit by bit seemed good and pulled me in wanting to know more. I liked Clare, could relate to her, empathize with her, etc. She was so distant and cold on the outside but you knew there was a lot more on the inside. Rabona sealed the deal for me. Even as cold and unpleasant as she seemed at first, and how they were despised by the people of Rabona and Sid and Gaulk even tried to take her down, she seemed to care so much for them, concerned with their safety and risking everything to fight the Yoma while keeping them from harms way at the same time. I tend not to like magic and super power, etc, but the thought of shape shifting demons wasnt too far fetched, and making human hybrids that would give humans some of their abilities was plausible (I do love shows like underworld fwiw). I got to admit things started getting a bit more far fetched towards the end, but I was already hooked. I'll stop before I ramble too much though.

The only other anime I've found I really enjoy almost as much is Ghost in the Shell. And similar in that its cast is adults like Claymore and more on the serious side. But I've seen very few, basically whats on netflix. Though ironically both of these which became my favorites are no longer on netflix. But just for the record I actually do like a little of the less serious ones, fan service, etc, just wouldnt call them that great or my favorites.
    T~Stew

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the feeling that underneath this cold, impassive exterior there's a person was important for me as well in the early chapters.

Have you ever seen Psycho-Pass, btw?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Agreed, the painting is superb on this. It seems this image comes from here:
    http://myfigurecollection.net/item/60524
    I'm not so familiar with figures, but the few Shining Wizard figures I've seen are all very high quality Hope they make Anastasia too!
    I have got to find this somewhere! Darn it. I spent a year or more searching ebay and stuff to finally acquire all the figures I have, but never even knew about this one. I'll be looking for it for sure!

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Yeah, the feeling that underneath this cold, impassive exterior there's a person was important for me as well in the early chapters.

Have you ever seen Psycho-Pass, btw?
    No, never heard of that one, I can look for it sometime. Havent really watched any television in several months though!
    T~Stew

New Reply
Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast