Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    You're not alone.
    I've started reading Freezing for fun last month, and I immediately noticed the similarities.

Basically, Freezing seems like a cheap rip-off of Claymore.

It's not bad though, but clearly isn't as great as Claymore.
    I just took a look... the summary itself made me think of Claymore instantly. I got tired after the first chapter 'cause there was too much ecchi, too less blood, too much mecha and, worst of all, it stinks like school life. Meh.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 130 Review

Quote Quote:
    Give me Miria's quotes that are at least as good as the ones above.
    "It felt as if the strongest was standing before me"
    "I will go south together with her. And together with her, I will exact revenge for our comrades"
    "Alright then lets go. Together with the souls of our comrades who fell in Pieta"

Although I do agree with you on everything else you said about Galatea. I think she is awesome.
    Last edited by Claymore1; September 27, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    and clare is not strong. she have only irenes arm who gives her power. of course if she goes in her berserker-form she is not bad, but her normal power is low. and without miria, deneve, helen, jean etc. clare would be the one, who is dead.so clare has the biggest plot armour of all characters.
    You do realize that Clare -alone- saved the whole group in the Slayers arc right? That was -before- she got Irene's hand, which she got only through her power of ill which impressed Irene. You will also notice that gaining the hand in and off itself was deemed by Irene "Useless" unless she would learn to use it. She did, and even developed her power far beyond that. She also developed her style so that as not to have to rely on Irene's style and hand.

Calling Clare weak is ... interesting. Reckless? Yes. Saved by other people when she gave 100% (basically putting her life on the line) to finis the task at hand? Definitely. Weak? Not by a mile.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

reply from the Claymore Chapter 130 Review thread.

@ Goral

the main reason, why i make no accurate reply is simple: my english is not good enough.
    the second reason is, i have no interrest on a endless discussion. but okay, i make one more reply.

the quotes from galatea are imo not cool, they are only childish.

you ask for miria's coolness? ok!

Miria to Galatea: "if you get in my way, i'll cut you down too".

Hysteria:"What an awful fighting style... It's so disgusting that I might throw up..."
    Miria: "To hear that from you, the warrior with the most beautiful technique is the greatest honor."

Miria: Give it up. At the end, die bravely,like a proper number one.

and the cooles thing ever: cut off rimutos head, and make a great triumphant pose in front of all claymores.

this is coolness, not this trash-talk!

you like an example for the impossible thing? sure!

scene 129 Galatea: "To bring Clare back under these circumstances is probably impossible." and she was as always WRONG! and don't come now with "probably". she meant impossible, and that is the thing that counts.

galatea has never lost her cool? of course not! she was not traumatised from pieta, from situations like teresa or hilda. she had never the burden of knowledge of the truth of the organisation or the burden of be a leader like miria. only stand around in rabona and do nothing ... of course ther is no reason to cry. but in scene 47, penetrated by daufs projectile, she looks not very cool. lol

in witch's maw, she saved clare. this was good. but with her arroganz (comparable with the arroganz from hysteria), she risked the life from all. she underrated dauf. after she saved clare, she don't run away. she only make her stupid slow- motion walk. you know, what then happened! they had lots of luck, that they won this fight, and riful don't was serious.

you can say what you want, but in rabona, she was in danger. it has nothing to do, that she don't use her yoma power. if the ghosts had not arrived, she wouldn't survive that. dont forget, against agatha, she also don't use her yomapower. and it's a fact, that without the ghosts she died.

to stay in rabona, was cowardly. protect the humans? from what? the organisation sent out their awakened beings. i don't think, they would start a new attack. and even they would have, galatea could not win these fight.
    even she's blind, she could fight or help with her yokisensing. dietrich, anastasia and nike are not idiots. they are real claymores, who help their comerades, even if the chance that they die is big.

the fazit is: galatea is arrogant, with childish humour. she is not a realist, she is a pessimist. compared with the others she is not really special strong, not smart and not brave. i dont' hate her (i hate no one in claymore), but she deserves no respect. if she makes in the next chapters some good actions then i change this opinion. but at the moment it is as it is.

for clare: she is not strong. that's a fact. she get her power from irenes arm. without this arm, clare is only a average warrior. her berserker-mode is a other thing - of course, she is a half-awakened.

In Rabona they survived thanks to Clare only? you mean the agatha battle? no! it was teamwork. not more no less. all played their role.

rifuls encounter:

clare played her role in the group. she blocked rifuls atack. deneve saw the atack, but did nothing, because she knew, that clare is here. without clare, she and helen surley dont' stand around and looked holes in the sky. miria did not need clares help.

in the end it's not important. they all survived (pieta etc.), because they worked as a team.

for miria: she is the strongest claymore alive, and the most important character in claymore. that's a objective fact. clares revenge, is if we are true, only a sidestory in the claymore world. but i like all the ghosts, because they fight for each other, and bring light in the darkness.

thats it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Bayuga

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

in the slayers arc, clare saved miria. that's true. but not because she was strong. she used her sensing ability. that's all. without miria, clare couldn't win this fight. only together they won this battle.

sure even without irenes limb, clare could use the quicksword. but it would be not very powerfull. how the awakened being in pieta said: only her right arm is on a different level.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    in the slayers arc, clare saved miria. that's true. but not because she was strong. she used her sensing ability.
    So you don't think that Clare's sensing ability is one of her strengths? That doesn't make sense at all. It is still a fighting technique that she uses in battle. It is like Deneve's regenerative ability, alone it isn't a direct form of attack but still can be used offensively in the right way.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in the slayers arc, clare saved miria. that's true. but not because she was strong. she used her sensing ability. that's all. without miria, clare couldn't win this fight. only together they won this battle.

sure even without irenes limb, clare could use the quicksword. but it would be not very powerfull. how the awakened being in pieta said: only her right arm is on a different level.
    You contradict yourself, as indeed her sensing ability is one of her strengths that she has been developing.
    Also, correct me if Im wrong (I'm not), but Clare's ability to partially awaken also saved -every- surviving Claymore's butt in Pieta. Jean ultimately helped her not awaken, but how is that not strong? (she is widely recognized as the strongest Ghost, specially since Agatha).

But do go on making no sense please...

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

And isn't the Clare one of the strongest Claymores alive now?

Also, didn't that Awakened Being in slayer arc said that warriors should also be smart or they won't live long? Clare was not that much strong at beginning but she was always very smart, making strategies and plans as she fought. Now only Miria could match her in combat, and I doubt that even Miria could beat her now.

And her traits were never her strength but her innovation in battle and her Lawful Good personality ( taking care of Raki, saving Galk and Sid despite her own wounds, rushing at village full of Yoma to save few more Human lives etc... ), to say that she is weak it's not true because even from beginning she was always badass ( until we found out that she is weakest, witch was shock to everyone ). But even that still don't made her weak as she saved Miria who is number 6, the only time she was weak was against Ophelia who is way over her league, and she compensate for that by killing her later in manga.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

clares sensing ability is a good technique, but makes her not strong. she was not fast, not strong and hadn't no strong offensive technique like the drill-sword. she could dodge the atacks, but could not kill the paburo awakened being. deneves ability is also good, but with this technique she can not defeat an enemy. tabatha has a really good yoki sensing too, but she is not strong. the armadillo awakened being in pieta was probably the best yoki sensing/controling type ever, but he was not strong. you understand what i mean? it's a good technique for defensive actions (dodge some atacks), but it makes you not automatically to a strong warrior.

i didn't say, clare is weak. but her normal power is only average. helen, deneve, cynthia and clare herself said that in the older chapters. as i said: in pieta, the super sensing AB said, that only her right arm is on a different level.

of course, thanks to irenes training, and her arm, clare is now strong. ther is no doubt! and with the windcutter she is now even stronger. but without irenes arm thes techniques would be only on a average level. i like clare, but that is the truth.

and brother coa: if you and probably many others think clare is the strongest, than it's okay. but i dont't think so. miria proofed her power against the strongest warriors and awakened beings. and now, after the last arc, she is now even stronger, technically and mental.

we get probably never a direkt answer from yagi who is the strongest. so we have our opinions and that's ok.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    clares sensing ability is a good technique, but makes her not strong. she was not fast, not strong and hadn't no strong offensive technique like the drill-sword
    So you think that someone is strong only if they have a strong offense? That is not true at all. Clare's sensing ability makes her strong, it makes her hard to beat. Not to mention her enormously strong will power. Clare could have also defeated that 6 armed AB by herself too. She got downed but got up again to finish it off. She didn't need Miria's help, but she got it. Not to mention Miria's intial impression of Clare saying she was the strongest. Clare did something that Miria could not, she dodged the AB's attacks and went on the offensive using her sensing ability. Strength does not solely depend on powerful attacks.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

oh man guys ... as i said, i'm not interested on a endless discussion in wich we bring the same arguments again and again. so i will stop this after this reply!

but claymore1, what you wrote is not correct. of course miria dodged the attacks, and attacked the AB, or what do you think the phantom technique is? but these technique has a limit.
    without miria, clare could not win these fight. the AB would have regenerated, and clares technique would not work forever. this guy was not an idiot like dauf. so it's clear, clare could only dodge the attacks, but could without miria not kill the AB. miria said: you're fine when yo're reading yoma energy, but swich to offense and you lose strenght. you have to switch over in an instant or better yet, read his yomaenery and releasing your own. otherwise it's pointless. in short, you need more practice.

clares willpower is nothing special. in fact, she needs always the help from other people like raki, galatea or jean, otherwise clare would be long time ago a awakened being or dead.

yes miria said: it feels like clare is the strongest. but this was only the teresa-effect. clare is instable. thats the reason. and after that comment, clares ass got kicked and she lost. than that was her real power.

against strong enemys how ophelia, clares technique was useless.

as i said: clare is at the moment strong, but only because she gets many power ups (the biggest was irenes arm). and the sensing technique is also a power up from teresa.

look, if you are a big clare fan, its absolutely fine. but dont make her stronger than she is. take off the fan-glasses and reread the manga.
    Last edited by Bayuga; September 29, 2012 at 04:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that the Ghosts pose a risk to the humans of the land....for example what if Miria or Clare were to awaken fully....do u think the remaining warriors could kill them?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

if miria and/or clare awaken, than no, i don't think the other claymores could beat them. probably if the new twins and miata are grown, then there would be a chance.

the question is, could clare awaken?with jeans wedge (or what ever that thing is), i think no.

but even with the awakened clare and miria ... i think they are not strong enough for priscilla. let's see, how yagi solve these problem. maybe rafaelas memories will play a big role.
    Last edited by Bayuga; September 29, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    look, if you are a big clare fan, its absolutely fine. but dont make her stronger than she is. take off the fan-glasses and reread the manga.
    No I think the issue here is that we have different definitions of what makes people strong. You seem to think that only offensive power makes you strong, which is not true. If you want to have a Dragonball Z look on this where it only matters who has more brute force than the other that is still incorrect. In Claymore it isn't about who has the most brute force. There is so much more to it than that. And that is besides the whole 'True strength comes from the heart' saying. Which goes along with Clare's will power. If she did not have that super wil power she, and everyone else, would have died at Pieta. No one else was strong enough to defeat Rigaldo. No one else could go past their limit to such an extent (except Jean who also had enormous will power). Miria wasn't strong enough to defeat Rigaldo. It was Clare's will power that allowed her to go over her limit without completely awakening. Such a thing was once thought to be impossible by all other claymores. Yin and Yang, you need both good offense and good defense. Look at Dauf, without his super strong armor Clare would have been able to defeat him with th quicksword attack much sooner.

Quote Quote:
    and the sensing technique is also a power up from teresa.
    There is no indication that that technique was only from Teresa. Clare could have tought it to herself because Teresa had it.

Quote Quote:
    without miria, clare could not win these fight. the AB would have regenerated, and clares technique would not work forever
    Clare's technique does not depend on yoki. It in fact depends on the absence of yoki. So she could have kept it up as long as she needed too. And it can last much longer than Miria's phantom. She only let up on it when she tried to make the final blow and cut the AB's head off. Clare could have killed the AB on her own after she got up. At that point she was still reading his movements and could tell when/where he was going to strike.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

if miria and/or clare awaken, than no, i don't think the other claymores could beat them. probably if the new twins and miata are grown, then there would be a chance.

the question is, could clare awaken?with jeans wedge (or what ever that thing is), i think no.

but even with the awakened clare and miria ... i think they are not strong enough for priscilla. let's see, how yagi solve these problem. maybe rafaelas memories will play a big role.
    I think that half awakened clare plus the rest of the ghosts will be enough to take down prisscilla, and if that isnt enough we still have miata clarice and galatea to lend a hand

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast