Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Welcome TStew!
    No-one's too old for anime/manga (well it does depend on which one you're viewing... ) There is certainly something special about Claymore. Although I came to read Claymore under different circumstances to yours, I quickly found myself mesmerized by the setting of the story in every aspect, it became the first manga that totally captivates me.

Anyways, hope to see you around and maybe share what you think of certain bits in the show...
    And of course, your favorite Claymore

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys. As you have probably noticed, the annual community awards has started. So if you wish to support your favourite poster or simply show your love to other MH members/staff, please visit the Community Awards 2013 section and nominate your faves. - Ancy
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Found this brilliant artwork from dA (don't click if you don't like seeing Claymore-like body):
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Venus-393434207

It's not Claymore, but I think it does give a pretty good idea of what their body actually looks like, since I remember Yagi's 'big reveal' wasn't convincing to some people, thought this might change your mind haha

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Found this brilliant artwork from dA (don't click if you don't like seeing Claymore-like body):

It's not Claymore, but I think it does give a pretty good idea of what their body actually looks like, since I remember Yagi's 'big reveal' wasn't convincing to some people, thought this might change your mind haha
    That made me cringe! >n< But it is a good idea of what they'll probably look like if they weren't stitched up

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    That made me cringe! >n< But it is a good idea of what they'll probably look like if they weren't stitched up
    I know right >_< This makes it easier for me to imagine this feature on real humans... Definitely reminds me of the Clare scene, too.
    After seeing this pic, I can safely say Yagi has majorly toned down the gore lol... not that it isn't obvious enough...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I know right >_< This makes it easier for me to imagine this feature on real humans... Definitely reminds me of the Clare scene, too.
    After seeing this pic, I can safely say Yagi has majorly toned down the gore lol... not that it isn't obvious enough...
    Yeah definitely. And speaking of the stitches, do you not find it odd Miata's remained intact ? I mean was that Yagi, as you say, toning the gore down ? Or was it because Miata was Soul Linked ? I remember when Jean awakened and she had no stitching or scarring at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Shit, that looks so bad ass!

the fly trap plant is one of my favorite plants .
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Detox's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, so here's where you do the random talking I Guess (?), anyway Introducing myself, Detox, not sure I'll keep that nick on the long run...or the short...but we shall see, nice to see an active claymore community x).

Also

Well, that do looks nice, and terrifying , if not treated...and opened they most likely do look like that, however I wonder if they need special items to sew that or something, if not how long can that treatment last O_o.

Even so I don't think it's THAT bad as we surely imagined when we started the manga/anime.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    LOL.. I remember when I started with Claymore I was 13 and now I'm 20.. At that time, many members at animesuki (this is where it all started for me) where like in their early 20s and after 7-8 years I bet most of them are in their late 20s and early 30s..
    Welcome TStew!
    No-one's too old for anime/manga (well it does depend on which one you're viewing... ) There is certainly something special about Claymore. Although I came to read Claymore under different circumstances to yours, I quickly found myself mesmerized by the setting of the story in every aspect, it became the first manga that totally captivates me.
    Yep, and I know there are plenty of folks into anime & manga at my age I guess, but I'm far from the typical fan. To be honest I rarely watch any TV, I've gone many months without watching it in the recent few years. I am much more of an outdoors person, jogging or paddling, wrenching on a tractor or running a chainsaw, out for a several day backpack to the mountains, etc. But I've always been a sci-fi fan, and even though that genre had slowly lost its death grip on me years ago, I've really found recently that I need some fiction in my life still to let the mind go, a release you might say. A chance to experience a different world and temporarily forget about the stresses ones really going through.

When I was watching the anime for the first time, I don't think any show had ever created such excitment in me waiting for the next one... I know for many of you this was many years ago probably, since I came into the Claymore scene a bit late its still pretty fresh in my mind. Infact I've never gone through the series twice fully yet. I watched it the first year, and then switched to manga mostly. A couple times over the course of a year I attempted to start over from the beginning, but only ever got into the Teresa arc or Those Who Rend Asunder (but I think those are the best two parts) until I wouldnt watch it again for many months, and more or less loose my momentum of where I was at.

Just recently I started over, planning on watching it through over a few weeks to get psyched up for my first ever marathon (next weekend). So I started that, and watched up through To Be Qualified To Fight so far. It was basically the first time seing Ophelia and the older Ilena again since the first time I watched the series. It was great, and I still get shivers up my spine and teary eyed in some scenes!
    T~Stew

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you guys think would win

Clare as she is now or Teresa ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Who do you guys think would win

Clare as she is now or Teresa ?
    Teresa, of course. Teresa is was a number 1 and she was one of the strongest claymores ever. She took down Rosemary pretty damn quickly, and with little effort. And she has a massive yoki. Clare is strong, but not nearly as strong as Teresa.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Clare has surpassed Teresa yet. She is the main character and she may get another power-up when she fights Priscilla but her power doesn't seem overwhelming at the moment.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Detox's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa of course, she ins a whole other league, hell she is a whole other league on her own, Clare is strong but I wouldn't say she surpasses Miria for a lot, if she does, she might have gained Rafaella style but it doesn't seem like she gained her youki and stamina too.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree Teresa would not even need to release that much yoki(maybe 5%) to kill clare in a second.....when she(Teresa) was fighitng with Irene her normal sword swings were better then Irenes quickswrod, so clare would stand no chance

While i am asking who would win out of these(all as warriors)
    Clare vs Hysteria
    Clare vs Roxanne
    Clare vs Cassandra
    Clare vs Rosemary
    Clare vs Miata

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And of course, your favorite Claymore
    Is there a thread devoted to favorite characters? I didn't see one, but seems like this would be a talked about topic. I know I've given it some thought but the answer is pretty long and complex lol. If there isnt a formal thread I'll write something up soon here, if there is could someone point me in the right direction?
    T~Stew

New Reply
Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast