Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Well you are devoted i will give you that
    Nice that you like the poem...

I was only trying to put things in perspective with the story.
    and make it sound good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Project Spirit View Post
    The only way I would have known about the poll is through these guys. And I only voted for Teresa when I felt she deserved it. I may love Claymore, but I'm no puppet. I have not voted for her in the final round as of now, because one of the few other characters to tempt me to vote (Motoko) is in it.
    Even this HUGE claymore fan was tempted by Motoko. No denying she is bad ass. While for most things involving Claymore for me would be a landslide, this particular competition was like nearly even at 51/49 in my mind, just barely in favor of Teresa. So not like I blindly voted for my favorite for no good reason, but ultimately in the final round I did.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    this is so unfair how you guys voting for teresa. Btw why so much love? She died like in ep 4...
    Many seemed to factor in that she was barely on a couple episodes in their complaints. I still fail to see what that has to do with anything. Does an anime with 50+ episodes automatically make it better than an anime with 12? I dont think so. Its about her character and the imprint it left on us. And BTW she didnt appear until the 5th episode. And is the basis of many things that happen after she was gone. One thing I liked about Claymore is how they weren't afraid to kill off popular characters. Makes it a bit more dramatic. Its boring when you know all the main characters are going to live no matter what lol.

I'll admit Claymore does have a large fanbase here though, compared to other forums I've visited (I think I've finally found my home ) so you know she is going to get a lot of votes.
    T~Stew

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@lawlett-kun
    Lol our love for Teresa is so great we have poems and fat long posts about her, if that's enough evidence for Teresa's awesomeness

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Detox's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of which, if Teresa haven't existed, who do you think would be the most Popular Claymore on the forums? =P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jullias Ondore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Speaking of which, if Teresa haven't existed, who do you think would be the most Popular Claymore on the forums? =P
    Irene

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla.
    (She was close to a knight templar before her awakening after all and it was her defeat at Teresa´s hands that made her to the Big Bad of the story.)
    Without Teresa, she might been a new one...
    Claire would be dead though...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    If your talking about with all other things being equal, like who is the current second favorite, I'd defer to the favorite Claymore character poll http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...more-character which is currently Clare, followed by Miria/Galatea. However if your saying Teresa didn't exist so that neither will Clare and the story would be different, well who could possibly say? We would have to experience this alternate world. Priscilla would probably not have awakened, Miria, Helen, and Deneve would probably have perished on the awakened being hunt they first did together, etc.
    T~Stew

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say for definite, but I have a feeling the classier ladies would get top spots. Galatea and Irene definitely rank very high. For say, you wouldn't know what Clare or Helen etc. would become, but I'm certain Galatea would stay classy as always

Actually now that I think about it, without Teresa, there would be no Clare as TStew says. The girl would remain nameless... how about in this alternate universe, it is Priscilla who saves her instead? :O

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Can't say for definite, but I have a feeling the classier ladies would get top spots. Galatea and Irene definitely rank very high. For say, you wouldn't know what Clare or Helen etc. would become, but I'm certain Galatea would stay classy as always

Actually now that I think about it, without Teresa, there would be no Clare as TStew says. The girl would remain nameless... how about in this alternate universe, it is Priscilla who saves her instead? :O
    Not sure how i would feel about that , would be kinda cool.

But that just reminded me of something that always bugged me.....why were they giving Teresa missions to kill normal Yoma...she is the number 1 you would think shed be busy fighting awakened beings

has it been brought up how the org seemed to seek out awakened beings(like Roxanne and Cassandras era they seemed to be fighting awakened beings all the time....even the number 31 fought awakened beings all the time), yet when Teresas generation came around they never actively sought out awakened beings , and then after the peita they started seeking them out again?
    just seems off that Teresa was sent to kill 6-7 yoma, when Noel and Sophia said that "any one of us could have taken on the yoma presence here" when referring to the yoma hive-that makes be believe that a number 5 could take on a entire village of yoma....why was the number 9-4 not sent out to slay a mere 7 yoma.

unless this has to do with the "section" of the island each warrior is assigned to i never quite understood that like are they given an area to protect/if a village asks the org for help they send the warrior whos "section" that village is in ?....so Teresa was sent to kill those 7 yoma in that village because it was located in her area?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Not sure how i would feel about that , would be kinda cool.

But that just reminded me of something that always bugged me.....why were they giving Teresa missions to kill normal Yoma...she is the number 1 you would think shed be busy fighting awakened beings

has it been brought up how the org seemed to seek out awakened beings(like Roxanne and Cassandras era they seemed to be fighting awakened beings all the time....even the number 31 fought awakened beings all the time), yet when Teresas generation came around they never actively sought out awakened beings , and then after the peita they started seeking them out again?
    just seems off that Teresa was sent to kill 6-7 yoma, when Noel and Sophia said that "any one of us could have taken on the yoma presence here" when referring to the yoma hive-that makes be believe that a number 5 could take on a entire village of yoma....why was the number 9-4 not sent out to slay a mere 7 yoma.

unless this has to do with the "section" of the island each warrior is assigned to i never quite understood that like are they given an area to protect/if a village asks the org for help they send the warrior whos "section" that village is in ?....so Teresa was sent to kill those 7 yoma in that village because it was located in her area?
    no.12, I'll give you an answer but you'll probably not like it. I'm sure that was all done for effect and progression of the story. Teresa's arc was early on in the series. We didn't even know what an awakened being was yet, that was to be revealed later (at that point we thought warriors that went over their limit turned into yoma). But they had to portray Teresa as supremely powerful so fighting a huge group of yoma was about right along with the progression (we had only seen fights with fewer yoma up to that point). So they showed her prowess well without giving away what an awakened being was yet. I am sure she would have fought many awakened beings at various times, there was a flashback at some point about one of her fight with an AB wasnt there? But to make it seem more realistic and less per script, you could probably imagine that she happened to be the closest to the area when the request came in. Like maybe she was hunting an awakened being in a bordering town at the time, and needed an easy job to allow herself to rest a bit. Plausible?
    T~Stew

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Detox's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

They are divided into different sections of the island, probably most kakuseishas left Teresa's territory when they felt her youki, they are intelligent like that.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jullias Ondore View Post
    Irene
    Save meee! Galatea, Miata, save me...I'm still alive...and tell Clare I want my right arm back.
    Galarene <3

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i watched the anime to its end where i have to pick up at the manga
    pls say guickly i am really looking forward reading this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post1170384

tl;dr
    From volume 9 or if you're really lazy from volume 11 although I would recommend reading from the start since you will miss on some rather important hints, infos, etc. Also manga >> anime so that's that.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ok ok thx for the informations

New Reply
Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast