Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Ergo Proxy

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ergo Proxy

Anyone else into Ergo Proxy? I'm surprised this thread doesn't seem to already exist. My brother, as usual, got me started watching the show, and I was hooked pretty much immediately (Radiohead? In an anime? Very cool...)

I'm still at the point where I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on. I'd like to watch the first two dvd's again before the third one comes out, to see if I can resolve some of my confusion (...unless anyone knows where you can download it?). But I have a feeling it's the kind of show where you really don't have a clue until the very end... and that's probably why I like it. That, and it's got me listening to OK Computer again .

Also, does anyone know anything about the manga? It's called Ergo Proxy: Centzon Hitchers and Undertaker... the first I heard of it was on Anime News Network. I would think it'd be interesting to read, though.

So anyway, if anyone else is into it, let me know! It'd be interesting to hear other people's opinions and predictions
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ergo Proxy

its a pretty good series once vincent accepts what he is. its also quite the mind fuck. you definitely will be looking at the the screen with a dumb expression on your face. especially for the gameshow episode.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I had seen this too! Under the recommendation of my sister - she's like "It's Good! Watch Watch!" - & she dl all the episodes of it..so nothing else is required from me except to watch it.

I agree - was lost when I first watched it, and it's better to watch it twice. Its more towards the Neon Genesis Evangelion kind of show - dark, moody, serious & philosophical (some may say). I think some episode actually have an 'explanation' at the end to explain what it is based on - e.g. Ophelia (what exactly is Ophelia etc.), but don't expect too much out of it.

There isn't much humour in this anime, but there's one episode which amuses me. Its called ' Busy Doing Nothing'. You can just click through this website >> Ergo Proxy Episode List just for fun.

The opening ost is cool too - its by Monoral. Can't remember the name, but it sounded really 'U2'.

▲Away till end June. ▲

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tsucchi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

ive seen this anime week by week when it was out.

i was extremely surprised. Full HD anime ,iper resolution,great animation, great chara, great story and a feeling like "blade runner" put me a lot into this show.

i still recomand it to all my friend. its more like a great movie than a normal anime.

vote: 9

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nhudie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this anime. Like everyone else mentioned, confused at first but I really got into the series (as you can see by my signature)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner afmart's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Ergo Proxy is really mind-blowing, i love it, im thinking of seeing it again soon.
    vincent rules
    0.o look like im Cloud WTF...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

nope, not me...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by afmart View Post
    Ergo Proxy is really mind-blowing, i love it, im thinking of seeing it again soon.
    vincent rules
    Have you seen the whole thing? Where? How?? I've only been able to watch it on dvd... and waiting for the next one to come out every month is worse than death
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tsucchi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well mate i think that here we have all seen the TV show at the right time (fansubbed of course) and i keep it on my HD because there's no DVD out in Italy.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner afmart's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

fansubbed of course :P
    0.o look like im Cloud WTF...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

nope, not me...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ergo Proxy was a totally amazing show. Although I spent quite a bit of time on wiki and google figureing out each and every thing they were talking about, it was worth it. I loved the philosophical undertones it had a lot. I remember way back reading a long thread that had people arguing about Vincent being an example of a Nietzschean Superman, I love stuff like that.

reader of...
    Bleach, One Piece, Vagabond, Gantz, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter (when ever they come out with new chapters >_>)... and probally more...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yamishinigami's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Ergo Proxy

Quote Originally Posted by PaperYomiko View Post
    Also, does anyone know anything about the manga? It's called Ergo Proxy: Centzon Hitchers and Undertaker... the first I heard of it was on Anime News Network. I would think it'd be interesting to read, though.
    yea ive been looking for the manga 4 like ages but nothing someone pls help me
    i gotta dl it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gdupninja's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they show it on FUZE. Ive only seen the first episode and that shit looked amazing. Im gonna check out the rest of the series too but one thing. I've been told it can get boring at times.

Made by master sig maker GrayFoxx and the render maker iThePirate
    Help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roanapur's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite anime of all time.

It's surpassed only by the Macross series and GITS: SAC.

It's just such an involved series, which requires your full attention, else you'd miss the slightest hint.

And damn, this thread needs a bump. The more people that know about this series, the better.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thoroughly enjoyed this Anime, and rank It as one of my favs of all time. The story they take you on Is highly detailed, with meticulously thought out characters, and a heart of gold. Manglobe Is just great, and everything I've seen from him just shines.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DaRkCoUnTeSsB's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's one of my most favorite animes of all time. I just love the atmosphere and once you understand the series it makes a lot of sense. The only bad thing is that there is a continuation in manga form aparently but I haven't seen any of the scans only one of the book covers. >.<

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=6471

Sadly there were two mangas released and trying to find them is tough.

New Reply