Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Blood +

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Blood +

hey!
    i'm new in this forum and also just started watching the anime TV series blood+ .
    i think blood+ is really exciting but i'm slightly confused! can anyone help me out?

you see, i've watched until ep 37 of blood+ ( and still watching) and so i decided to check out the manga. but i cant seem to find any of the manga that the TV series adapted from! i thought usually anime series are adapted from mangas right? but it seems as if i cant find any of the original manga and i've been thinking, is blood+ an animation with no manga? the director decided to keep the manga secret and just screen the anime instead? i'm really confused cuz i want to check out the manga!

can anyone who knows anything about blood+, please tell me ! thx!

Moved to General Anime ~Nami
    Last edited by Nami; June 12, 2007 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey, anyone watched / read blood+ ?

Well Blood+ takes place, as far as I know, after the events of Blood of the Last Vampire. There is a manga that was being made for it but it started the same time as the anime and I haven't found it translated yet. But Blood+ is so far a stand alone as it isn't based off a manga.

Here's what wiki has to say about the Blood+ mangas...

"here are three different manga based on the Blood+ mythology. These are published by Kadokawa Shoten.

* Blood+: The official adaptation of the TV series, by Asuka Katsura (桂 明日香, Asuka Katsura?), serialized in Monthly "Shonen Ace".
    * Blood+ Adagio: A story focused on Saya and Hagi's past in Russia, by Kumiko Suekane, serialized in "Beans Ace". Consists of two volumes.
    * Blood+ Yakou Joushi: A Hagi solo story, prior to the events of the TV series, by Hirotaka Kisaragi, serialized in "Ciel". Consists of one volume."

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blood + - Hey, anyone watched / read blood+ ?

Hi sop, Blood+ anime is inspired by the anime movie Blood+ the Last Vampire.
    However, the manga came after the anime instead. You can get the manga from Illuminati-Manga website HERE, there scanlations are somewhere at the first few chapters.

I totally love the series. It was slow in the beginning, but when it later pick up after the Vietnam arc, it is really good, with its twists.

Arc 1 - Okinawa
    Arc 2 - Vietnam
    Arc 3 - Russia
    Arc 4 - Paris
    Arc 5 - New York

What is it do you like about this series? And which parts are you confused about?

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

thx burzum!

thx nami for telling me that website! but unfortunately, there's only 2 chapters.. ohwell! better than nothing! how do you know about the rest of the chapters? you can read jap? heh.. wonder when the rest will come along.. hm.. does the Illuminati-Manga website update regularly? i hope so! cant wait for the rest of the chapters!
    hm, i've finally finished watching the whole series i hope there's a season 2 or something.. it justs hangs down there! kai, the kids, haji, saya after her 30 year sleep?
    wonder if the producers are planning anything?

hm, i've a few questions..
    firstly, why does saya need blood transfusions? she needs blood? i thought she didnt? :S
    secondly, wiki said something about some stuff in Germany.. but it wasnt included in the anime! wonder if its included in the manga!
    haha once again, thx so much
    Last edited by sop; June 14, 2007 at 08:54 AM.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...I thought you are talking about the manga, not the anime section.
    For anime, there are other sites that you can view on-line or download, but I guess you won't be needing them since you have finished the series!

By the way, I just totally love almost all the OPs & Eds for this

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

lol i think i'm interested in both manga and anime xD

i've just finiashed the anime and i've read the first 2 chapters of the manga! really love it! i wonder when Illuminati-Manga is gonna release the rest? =l other than Illuminati-Manga, do you know any other sites with the manga? x=

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

helloo sop!~

I'm a huge blood+ fan if you didnt notice but my avy and sig are fan art of Saya so it doesn't look exactly like her. It's nice to see another fan of blood+

Blood+ is pretty confusing as far as their anime-manga relation goes.

MANGA
    In the order of releases,
    11/2000:Blood+: the last vampire by Tamaoki Benkyo (manga & anime)
    07/2005: Blood+ Adagio (sequel) by Kumiko Suekane
    09/2005: Blood+ by Katsura Asuka (adaptation from TV series)
    09/2005: Blood+ City of the Night Walkers/Yakou Joushi (pre-sequel) by Hirotaka Kisaragi

In chronological order,
    Blood+ Adagio [During the Russian revolution of the 20th century]
    Blood+: the last vampire [During Vietnam War]
    Blood+ Yakou Joushi [After Vietnam War]
    Blood+ adaptation from TV series [Present Time]

NOVEL
    Blood+ The Rose
    In the Beginning of the 20th century, Russia.
    Blood+
    The TV Animation in Novel form.

For your 1st question, Saya is a vampire, a 'Queen',(not a typical vampire who sucks people blood) but she happens to be anemic (lack of red blood cell) so she needs blood transfusion. I think the reason why she's anemic is because her blood can kill Chiropterans and her blood can give rise to Chevaliers; so there's a lot of blood being given away here

2nd question, the things about Germany happened in World War II but nothing is mentioned abt Saya in that period. Only Diva seemed to be active. Well, I will try to search and see if I can find anything but none of the mangas covered that period of time. But ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if a story pops up and Hitler was one of Diva's Chevalier

Well, hope that helps you!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

heh, hello Azurel! hm, its funny why blood+ is such a low profile anime/manga when i think its such an exciting series!

i've read the manga version of blood+ but unfortunately only 2 volumes of it.. i've also read Blood+ Adagio but i could only find 2 chapters on it sigh. Blood+ Yakou Joushi is about Haji right? haha.. i'm not really interested in Haji's adventures.. i'd rather read saya+haji+kai+everyone else adventures xD sigh. the lack of translated blood+ manga really drives me crazy! the craving for more blood+ really makes me go mad! sigh. so mad that i even considered trying to help out Illuminati-manga.. to help them out, who knows maybe i can translate a thing or two( i dont know jap and my chi sux -.-) or proof read english or something but my O Levels are coming so i gotta focus on it. :l i'll definitely sriously consider helping out with the manga as much as possible to make blood+ available for everyone! T__T

sigh. anyway, do you have any recommendations for any manga along the lines of blood+ ? or anything exciting or thrilling?

Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only seen the dub, it is very good (nearly all anime in AS are pretty good, but mostly of course this one, Hellsing, trinity blood, bleach, trigun, FMA, E7, and GITS).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ive read the Blood the last vampire novel and its pretty good i have also watched blood+ both are very good and i highly suggest watching it if u have time to also pick up blood the last vampire but its cannon seems to be a bit diffrent from blood+ the movie and book are related
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

New Reply