Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 962

Thread: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

  1. #916
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Yh I agree the situation with Kidd would raise some doubt in my theory and would be an exception. I guess the most sensible conclusion would be that there are some instances where the Government simply replaces someone’s bounty and there are some instances where the Government simply adds on to it. However, I do think the general method the Government uses is still the replacement method because imo, it would undoubtedly provide the more accurate estimation of a person’s threat to the Government which in the grand scheme of things is what the Government is aiming to do. However, I now believe that there are a few instances where the Government would indeed decide to add on to someone’s existing bounty and these are: Killing civilians, being in association with someone dangerous (Buggy to Shanks and Gold Roger, Luffy to Dragon, and probably others)and the ability to read poneglyph. What is common in all of these is the fact that they all do not prove that the person is physically capable of much. That is why it would even come a point logically, where killing civilians would become an inadequate method in raising ones bounty. With that said, killing civilians to the extent of having your bounty raised even when your bounty is already closed to 300 million is probably not even so common. However, most pirates probably just defeat their opponents along the way. By defeating stronger opponents, they prove they are getting stronger. In this more frequent situation is when a bounty would be replaced. So to put it simply, I think replacing an individual’s bounty is the Governments actual bounty system but there are occasions where they would simply add it. There are always exceptions to every system.

    I also do not think that defeating another Shichibukai would add on to an existing bounty. Take the defeat of Crocodile for example. When Luffy defeated him, if his bounty was simply added, it would mean he got a 70 million bounty for defeating someone worth 81 million. However, we know that you are awarded a higher bounty than the person you defeat. So what seemed to have happened with the defeat of a Shichibukai was simply that his old bounty was simply replaced with 100 million which is was worth more than crocodile. Also although another example is not needed, I feel like it would be a good way to conclude my point . Luffy defeated Bellamy. His bounty did not increase because he was already on 100m which would have been a different case had he still been on 30 million.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #917
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Zoro defeats Daz Bones so bounty goes up to 60 million.
    As far I know Zoro received his bounty for killing the 200 bounty hunters in Whisky Peak, not for defeating Daz Bones (who was arrested by the government).
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  4. #918
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    I don't think so. Remember when Smoker was looking at their bounty posters, he said Zoro deserved the 60 million because he was able to defeat Daz Bones.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  5. #919
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Smoker commented on that, the same way Brandnew commented on how Luffy defeat Buggy, Krieg and Arlong.

    However Luffy got his first bounty for kicking Captain Nezumi ass. The comment abount these pirates Luffy defeated were just to show his strength.

    How could someone get a bounty for defeating pirates/assassins/etc? Isn't that a good thing in marines eyes?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  6. #920
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    You are right in saying that defeating pirates/assassins etc should not gain someone a bounty, however these people are pirates. Therefore in the Governments eyes, a pirate showing that he is capable of defeating strong people whether they are pirates or not means that they are becoming increasingly dangerous in general and therefore dangerous to the government. Remember it was said that they fear that eventually the Strawhat's will start to target marines. The Government does not want powerful pirates that they will not be able to deal with by any means, therefore putting a bounty on their heads would be most logical in order to stop them in their tracks. Or do you think Shanks went around killing civilians or bounty hunters to gain him his high bounty which we know he is probably going to have. As long as pirates are proving themselves more capable, then they are going to get a bounty.

    This is also the first time I'm hearing that Luffy got his 30 million for kicking Captain Nezumi ass. From the fact that the marines commented on the defeat of Buggy, Krieg and Arlong obviously right before they gave him that bounty obviously showed that those were the reasons. Not beating up that guy. That guy was fodder to the extreme, and so it is simply illogical to say he is the reason for the highest bounty in east blue.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  7. #921
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    It was Nezumi.

    Here is when he requested to put a bounty on Luffy's head:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pie...4-page-17.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  8. #922
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    That link just shows that Nezumi simply put forward the request for a bounty to be put on Luffy's head. There was absolutely no reference to the guy getting beat up by him. In fact, what was refferenced was the fact that he had beaten Arlong.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  9. #923
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    But what do you mean? Nezumi did that because Luffy kicked his ass before (in the same chapter)
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pie...4-page-12.html

    Also he is not just saying that they defeated Arlong, but Arlong worked with him, and in the end Nezumi would take Arlong money, but Luffy did not accept that and gave to the villagers
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  10. #924
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Nezuma put forward a request for a bounty to be put on Luffy's head because he was pissed off at the fact that Luffy beat him up. Obviously he knew that that reason would not be a good reason for the Government to put a bounty on Luffys head and therefore he told them that Luffy had beaten up Arlong. This he thought would be an act big enough to warrant a bounty. Like I said, the fact that Luffy beat him up was not even refferenced at all in that link of yours and so how can that have been what gave Luffy his 30 million. Also it is not him that decides a pirate's bounty and from what we saw, the people that do decide bounty's obviously did not speak of the Nezuma incident and instead reviewed all the big names Luffy had defeated. After reviewing it, they then came to the conclusion to give Luffy a bounty of 30 million. From this alone, it is pretty obvious what acts the Government viewed large enough to warrant a bounty. But even with disregarding all that, why in the world would Luffy get the highest bounty in east blue for beating up some extreme fodder marine. The people who actually put bounty's on people's heads probably didn't even hear of the incident. I find it funny though cause I would never have thought that others could interpret that issue differently.
    Last edited by Freid; February 26, 2011 at 03:38 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  11. #925
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Luffy beat up Arlong. He also beat up Nezumi who was all butthurt and told his higher-ups. Luffy got the bounty figure he did because he beat up Arlong, but he might (!) not have gotten it if Nezuma had not told the higher-ups it happened.

    Thus, while Nezuma telling his commanders might (!) have been the reason Luffy got a bounty at all, Luffy didn't get a 30 million bounty for beating up Nezuma, but for kicking Arlong's ass. I don't see it being more complicated than that.

  12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #926
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    Luffy beat up Arlong. He also beat up Nezumi who was all butthurt and told his higher-ups. Luffy got the bounty figure he did because he beat up Arlong, but he might (!) not have gotten it if Nezuma had not told the higher-ups it happened.

    Thus, while Nezuma telling his commanders might (!) have been the reason Luffy got a bounty at all, Luffy didn't get a 30 million bounty for beating up Nezuma, but for kicking Arlong's ass. I don't see it being more complicated than that.
    As I recall.... the Marines also knew that he beat, Buggy, Don, Kuro as well. I think those guys were the top bountys in the east blue. So Luffys 30 mil bounty reflected that as well.


  14. #927
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zoobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    As I recall.... the Marines also knew that he beat, Buggy, Don, Kuro as well. I think those guys were the top bountys in the east blue. So Luffys 30 mil bounty reflected that as well.
    They knew that Luffy beat Buggy, Don and Arlong, but they didn't know he beat Kuro because he was "executed" by the world government. Kuro was hiding his identity for the three years he was a butler.

    Uzumaki Naruto-Monkey D. Luffy-Kurosaki Ichigo


  15. #928
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Brunei
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    Kidd bounty in Hold.why? hes now schicibukai

  16. #929
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    The bounties don't get replaced they get updated after the pirate commits any new crimes that are or does somethings that are of any significance to the world government.
    Yes it hurts

  17. #930
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

    So how much do you guys think the strawhats should be worth nowadays?

    The first issue concerning this is that we have no clue as to how much a strong pirate is worth. We have heard of a few shichibukai but their bounties at large are from before they became shichibukai hence why it should not mean much currently. Luffy got 400 mil when he was still fodder and whats more, jinbe who seemingly did less stuff than luffy got a bounty superior to 400 mil. Caribou has 200 mil yet we know he is fodder at large.

    At the very least I don't think there is a single pirate among the strawhats who is worth less than a 100 mil. If there is any justice in the manga then people of the caliber of luffy, zoro or sanji should not be worth less than 300 mil at least (unless it turns out actual strong people tend to have bounties of around 800 mil in which case I would think these guys should be around the 500 mil mark). Franky should be quite strong and pretty much stole some technology so he should be capable of clearing the 300 mil mark. Brook should be over 250 mil IMO. Robin should hit perhaps 200 mil. Ussop should hit 150 mil easily IMO. Nami should reach a respectable 120 mil, I can really see her throwing a tornado at some country nowadays. Chopper will reach 100 belly, his bounty will double!

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts