Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monster Trio

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member deprince69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Monster Trio

i am wondering what other people think about the luffy, zoro, and sanji when it comes to strength... because i been arguing with some friends lately and they say that zoro is much more stornger than sanji... i disagree on that because zoro might be better swordsman than sanji but when it comes to stamina, attack, speed and defense i would say that they are all equal. and i am wondering what others think about this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: monster trio

I've always believed that they are and always will be equal. Zoro just has more badass moments than the rest of the crew. I love Zoro, but there are times when I feel like people overate him to much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think Zori is to Sanji like Kaku is to Jyabura. At least that's the scale I've always used (in proportion of whose stronger) because CP9 actually introduced the scale to rate those kinds of things back then. Even as they advance and grow I think their proportional strength will always be the same. Even there, Jyabura and Kaku had a competitive type rivalry going because their actual power ratings were close together.

There has also been a trend to compare Luffy's crew to Gol D. Roger's crew; and I've always seen Zori in the strawhat crew the same way Rayleigh was in the roger pirates. For one, when they showed in the flashback how Roger invited Rayleigh to join him (probably the 1st crewmate he recruited) it reminded me directly how Zori was the 1st crewmate Luffy recruited. Also, I think Lord Rayleigh (the guy on this forum, not the One Piece character ) have a theory about how Rayleigh was the greatest swordsman of his time being Roger's 1st mate (when Mihawk was still young) and would be the same as Zori being the greatest swordsman as Luffy's right hand man.

Though I'm no expert in these kinds of details, I believe it was also said in some SBS or something that the strawhats will run in to the 3rd in line in the roger pirates later on in the story. I'm sure this will also be used as a way to compare the Roger Pirates to the Strawhats. Who knows that guy might turn out to be more like Sanji (maybe it was also the cook?).

Anyways most of this who's stronger business is subjective and speculative and I'm sure different people will come up with all kinds of evidence for why one is stronger than the other or why theyre perfectly equal in one way or another (or in general). But for the sake of having the strawhat crew's setup and growth be meaningfully comparable to the roger pirates (one pirate king to the next) I like to think that Zori is stronger.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there's just no possible way I could ever agree Sanji is anywhere near as powerful as Zoro. Zoro has trained to be the best swordsman in the world from birth. Sanji on the other hand wants to be a great cook and just does fighting on the side. Don't get me wrong, I believe Sanji is in a whole other league above all the rest of the Straw Hats, but honestly he's no where near Luffy's or Zoro's level.

I believe if Sanji focused more on fighting, training, bothered using his hands, and stopped smoking then he could definitely be a force to be reckoned with. They're rivalry is more akin to Gimli and Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Yeah I'm saying Sanji is Gimli. Congrats he's part of the monster trio, but he ain't no Legolas. The rivalry is simply there to keep the manga interesting.

Although I know this thread is titled for the monster tio, it's obvious that it's more related to Sanji. I'm not gonna lie, I like Zoro more and I'm sure that's apparent to all of the readers. That being said I really like Sanji too, but he has his place in the manga. Is he the funniest Straw Hat? I think so. Is he the most clever? Well I think he gives Robin a good run for her money. Does he have a really likeable personality? Fuck yeah he does, the manga wouldn't be the same without him or his alter ego Mr. Prince was one of the best moments. Is his strength comparable to Zoro's.....in my opinion, no.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I always believed that the hierarchy between them is clearly stablished. Luffy is the strongest, zoro follows and sanji is the weakest. Now, I do believe that the actual difference between them is at any given point marginal at best. Basically luffy is marginally stronger than zoro and zoro is marginally stronger than sanji. If any 2 of them were going to fight the battle itself would be long and drawn out with both of them ending exhausted. If I were to put it in numbers it would be like this:

Luffy would win against zoro 55 out of 100 times.
    Zoro would win against sanji 55 out of 100 times.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member deprince69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I always believed that the hierarchy between them is clearly stablished. Luffy is the strongest, zoro follows and sanji is the weakest. Now, I do believe that the actual difference between them is at any given point marginal at best. Basically luffy is marginally stronger than zoro and zoro is marginally stronger than sanji. If any 2 of them were going to fight the battle itself would be long and drawn out with both of them ending exhausted. If I were to put it in numbers it would be like this:

Luffy would win against zoro 55 out of 100 times.
    Zoro would win against sanji 55 out of 100 times.
    i totally agree with you but there is one thing also to mention that the reason luffy and zoro would have advantage over sanji would be due to the fact that luffy has a devil fruit, and zoro is a swordsman

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the extent to which luffy would have an advantage due to a fruit is limited. Sanji is a haki user, he would be able to hurt luffy rather normally. More so, sanji has also learned how to use fire somehow. I don't think he would be at such an overwhelming disadvantage against other ability users by now. Same thing can be said against zoro.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monster Trio

Fantasy fights are not allowed in the Tree of Knowledge forum. Please start a thread in Davey Back Fight to discuss who would win a fight between Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji. This forum is for canon character discussion only. In One Piece canon a power hierarchy has clearly been established while an actual decisive fight between the three is completely inconceivable.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 04, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy

zoro
    sanji

this is how it will always be. the enemies they fought at ennies lobby was the same. the 2 guys zoro and sanji fought were almost identical in strength and lucci was almost double. Everyone wants to say zoro is close to luffy in strength, when that just aint facts.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me their all close to equal, even though Luffy is the captain, They all fight the highest enemy, Luffy beats the number one, Zoro beats the number two and Sanji three. It doesn't make anything difference, Luffy Zoro and Sanji will never get in a fight to the point it shows who stronger and weaker. But if we go by how Oda rank their strength it's: Luffy, Zoro and then Sanji. So really judging one over another is useless, unless you seen "All" of there powers after 2 years.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Luffy will be Pirate King and Zoro the best Swordman in the world. They are close each other. Mihawk and Shanks were always match a tie, so the Swordman is in Yonko level. Surpassing that title, it will means that are close to the power of a pirate king.

In other words, Luffy's just a little above Zoro. Sanji is beneath Franky so doesn't matter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Considering that Luffy will be Pirate King and Zoro the best Swordman in the world. They are close each other. Mihawk and Shanks were always match a tie, so the Swordman is in Yonko level. Surpassing that title, it will means that are close to the power of a pirate king.

In other words, Luffy's just a little above Zoro. Sanji is beneath Franky so doesn't matter.
    I was agreeing with everything you said intel you said Sanji is beneath Franky, which is not. Oda already stated that Sanji, Luffy and Zoro are the monster trio, meaning that their the 3 strongest. In truth everybody has their own strength and weaknesses, so if we make another group in the crew it would be: Franky, Brook and Chopper, all of them has a lot of strength. But as for Luffy, Zoro and Sanji they are the strongest in there art.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    I was agreeing with everything you said intel you said Sanji is beneath Franky, which is not. Oda already stated that Sanji, Luffy and Zoro are the monster trio, meaning that their the 3 strongest. In truth everybody has their own strength and weaknesses, so if we make another group in the crew it would be: Franky, Brook and Chopper, all of them has a lot of strength. But as for Luffy, Zoro and Sanji they are the strongest in there art.
    Strange. I've never see Oda talking about trio except here

But if you're basing your stats by CP9's Douriki Level, then i have to argue that. Franky fought Fukurou without spend to much cola and therefore stamina. Instead of Sanji who fight in full capacity with Jabura till he had to use Diable Jamble at the end. Jabura and Fukurou were apart just for the Inu Inu no Mi in strength.

Actually, Sanji's Hell Memories are his strongest attack. Burning entirely the opponent... and just that. Franky can pierce everything with Radical Beam, and i'm sure it has more under the sleeve... just by looking his body.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread doesnt matter luffy is the strongest and zoro and sanji are weaker than him. they will never fight each other seriously so its a moot point.....

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro and Sanji are most likely equal, but Luffy stands above them, in my opinion. Luffy's rubber body is probably why, but he's still stronger than Sanji and Zoro.

though, I'm assuming Zoro and Sanji are near the same level mostly because of Davy Back fight when they fought together. Of course, either way, I still think Zoro's somewhat better than Sanji.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast