Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Bounties in One Piece

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Future Bounties of The Mugiwara Pirates

[font=tahoma][color=green]You should also consider the fact that once they defeat CP9, it's gonna make the bounty rise to a new level.  If you have noticed, Luffy (I assumed) would never have taken out ANY of the CP9 during the Water Island arc.  Bounties raise if you defeat someone with a higher bounty such as the Crocodile case.  It could also increase if you happen to beat the "Top" guys in the World Government.  Now if Luffy defeats the strongest person in CP9, his bounty is more likely to par up with the best of the Shichibukai!  

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

To be realistic: every Straw Hat will have their bounty raised, (or get one). They've gone beyond the pirate-criminal level now.

Luffy: I'm going to have to agree with (most?) everyone else and say 200+. It should be in the Shichibukai range now since he has now proved to be an enormous threat to the government.
    Zoro and Sanji: This probably won't happen but I want Zoro and Sanji to be in the same bounty-range, just 'cause it's give them something else to fight about and compete over. Close to Luffy's bounty, maybe 130-150.
    Robin and Franky: Of course Robin's will be raised when (and if...) she escapes because when (and another hopeful if) Franky joins them, their combined minds will be an extremely dangerous threat to the world through the eyes of the government. Maybe... 100-120.
    Nami, Usopp, and Chopper: Last but definitely not least! All three are powerful in their own rights and can hold their own in (certain?) battles. Somewhere between 60-90 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by hrseber
    I know it's been said but it's definitely going to be Franky who joins the crew. If you recall in Vol 34 chapter 323 Luffy draws a picture of their future crewmate. And with the exception of Franky being 5meters tall, the picture matches perfectly. That and Franky is a Pirate orphan similar to Usopp. What I can't personally wiat for is the ship that Franky will design and build for his new nakama. I can only imagine it's desctructive force.

As for what was said that about Luffy not likely getting a 200+ bounty not being plausable, let's not forget that Crocodile had a measley 80 million on his head before he became one of the schischibukai. What I think will happen with the crew is they won't have bounties anymore. They will reach the rank of such pirates as Shanks and Whitebeard who arent schischibukai (or so we think) but don't have bounties big enough to be put on their heads because their destructive force is so high. Not to mean that they wont be targeted in fact they will become a priority higher than any bounty out there so the bounty would be meaningless. The Pirate summit which I'm guessing is the arc after this one should be quite interesting to see whats happnening with blackbeard and Ace and why is Shanks so interested in their fight?
    I'm going to have to disagree. Without a bounty, no one would really care about them. The ranking system between pirates is based off of bounties, (look back to Mock Town). And the government wants them caught, preferably without loosing their own men, (we now know how pathetic and cowardly the government is; most of them anyway), so they'll want bounty hunters to go after them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying that the bounties aren't important for their ranking system, I'm just saying that at some point they will stop raising the bounties because they will be on a whole other level. The Shichibukai are always introduced, with the exception of Hawk Eyes, with their previous bounties. Now do you really believe that their powers haven't increased since they joined the world government? Remember, Rockstar, the newbie who joined the Red Hair's crew? He's a newbie but he had a previous bounty of 94Million meaning that, the ranking system is no longer important once he entered the Red Hair's crew. I think it will be the same with Luffy's crew or at least with just Luffy. They will be on the same level as the revolutionary Dragon, who has no bounty we know of but is an enemy of the World Government.

I agree that the government will not go after Luffy directly, and may wish for bounty hunters to apprehend him and his crew. I also think that they will offer Luffy the post of Shichibukai, except of course he will turn it down. Which will make him more dangerous under the eyes of the world government. Of course they could issue an order to the shichibukai to take him down, since their role is to keep other pirates in line. Anyway, this is why I think the next arc will be the pirate summit. That should answer all of these questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hrseber
    I'm not saying that the bounties aren't important for their ranking system, I'm just saying that at some point they will stop raising the bounties because they will be on a whole other level. The Shichibukai are always introduced, with the exception of Hawk Eyes, with their previous bounties. Now do you really believe that their powers haven't increased since they joined the world government? Remember, Rockstar, the newbie who joined the Red Hair's crew? He's a newbie but he had a previous bounty of 94Million meaning that, the ranking system is no longer important once he entered the Red Hair's crew. I think it will be the same with Luffy's crew or at least with just Luffy. They will be on the same level as the revolutionary Dragon, who has no bounty we know of but is an enemy of the World Government.

I agree that the government will not go after Luffy directly, and may wish for bounty hunters to apprehend him and his crew. I also think that they will offer Luffy the post of Shichibukai, except of course he will turn it down. Which will make him more dangerous under the eyes of the world government. Of course they could issue an order to the shichibukai to take him down, since their role is to keep other pirates in line. Anyway, this is why I think the next arc will be the pirate summit. That should answer all of these questions.
    I'd completely forgotten about Rockstar. So when they got to this whole-other level, would they only have the Shichibukai to apprehend the threat? I can see Luffy getting to this level but probably not for awhile. The government will probably send the Shichibukai after them and when (and if) he defeats whomever they send, then they'll consider him to be a major threat. I don't even think the official declaration of war could constitute this level of "bounty" because I'm thinking the government has a lot of faith in their pirate puppets.

So yeah, I think one of the Shichibukai, (or maybe all of them, like everyone getting paired up in a fight type of scheme), will come after the Straw Hats. I'm still sticking by my prediction of Luffy's bounty because I don't see him reaching this level of "bounty" until something bigger happens that makes the government really worry.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

everyone will get a bounty or their bounties will rise...because dont forget that they are formally oppned fire on world governmet by attacking one of their islands with marine HQ...whoever does this against a nation, they automatically becomes on wanted list...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xallisto's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The second they burned the Goverments flag, they became Revolutionaries.
    And Progress is a debt we all must pay
    its convenience we all cherish its pollution we disdain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locksmith
    They attacked a World Government facility.  Everyone who can be identified will have a bounty.  Luffy's will be the highest, possibly 200+ million considering he's declared war on the World Government.  Zoro, Robin and maybe Franky will have 100+ million bounties.  The others will probably range from 20-80 million.
    i think this seems about right. the only ones that might not have a bounty would be nami and chopper since they havent done as much as the others.

and i think sogeking will definitely get a bounty since he not only raised hell with the giants but burned the flag as well, not to mention being on the puffing tom with sanji & franky
    They made me do it

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think everyone's bounty will rise...but i really think that sanji should stay uncovered, no bounty, he's just like luffy's secret weapon

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicnocquee
    i think everyone's bounty will rise...but i really think that sanji should stay uncovered, no bounty, he's just like luffy's secret weapon
    Luffy's secret weapon AKA 5th strongest (Luffy, Zorro, Franky, and Robin are all stronger) hahahaha

Oh and Robin and Franky being together COULD have revived pluton except for the fact that Franky burned the blueprints, so unless they find another blueprint they can't really do much.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they will try to erase the mugiwara pirates kind like no name country that lost in the void century....... no bounty will be raise

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futboalimmortalz
    Maybe they will try to erase the mugiwara pirates kind like no name country that lost in the void century....... no bounty will be raise
    [font=tahoma][color=green]Are YOU KIDDING? When Crocodile got defeated the HIGHER ups got SO pissed they want to make sure he get captured at all costs, especially if that certain somebody has only 30 million beli. If he gets out alive beating the CP9 and all, man do you know what THAT MEANS? Not only have the messed the ENTIRE army that guards the HQ but the CP9 as well. I'm pretty sure after this, every bounty hunter and pirate (guys like blackbeard) would be so hot in their trails. And even if that didn't happen there's NO way they'd be erased like void as you mentioned, he's a 100 million dollar person!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that they wanted to take attention off of the mugiwaras... His bounty increased to warn their own men (marines) sure.. if they see 30 mill they'll act differently than 100 mill. If they really wanted to capture them I'm sure that they could have easily dispached a CP/Shichibukai to get rid of them...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roocketman's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy :The greatest bounty even.
    Robin+Franky:100-120 each
    Nami:20
    Chopper:70-80
    Usopp:0
    Soge King:40-50
    Zoro-Sanki:160 each
    And someone said that Mugiwara is the smallest crew,thats false,blackbeard's one is formed only by 5.And If you read the chapter 407 you should know why Chopper will have a BIG bounty on his head.

Post Thanks / Like

Most licklie Ussop will keep the mask because he will get a bounty and is a happy man with a bounty or like most of his lies coming true he will get his 80000 followers known as the franky family

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of that.. Ussop having followers from those guys and the giants.. that would be really cool, except I don't think Luffy would want them following him around, maybe in another ship?

Sanjis consistently acting like a secret agent, he's very tactical and when he's not actually fighting he pulls off some really cool shit (Enel's ship, Crocodile's cage)
    I would kinda like to see him not have a bounty, but I think it would be a blow to his ego.

408 kinda scared me Lucci vs Luffy. Luffy looked really pissed, if he seriously messed (maybe even kills...) Lucci his bounty may get too high and he'll be constantly attacked from bounty hunters :/

New Reply
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast