Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Quality Naruto Fics Recomendations / Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quality Naruto Fics Recomendations / Discussion

@ Rampage: This doesn't directly concern the Akatsuki yet (though it certainly conernes them eventually), but it's definitely on of my favorite fics. It's a gen. fic wherein Itachi takes Naruto with him, that night he murders the Uchiha family. But it's very well written, and it's so hard to find good gen. fic. The dynamics between the annoying child (Naruto), Itachi, and later, Kisame, are gold.

<b><a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2860019/1/">Being and Belonging</a> </b>by <b><a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/u/579398/">ttchaku</a></b>
    Last edited by Tanuki-dono; April 09, 2007 at 08:26 PM.
    Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some good ones on FF.net.

Pretty much anything by dave-d. His NaruHina works are excellent.

Cyberwolf has a lot of small stories, but they're all great. My favorite ones are:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2506395/1/: What You Didn't Know About Sasuke

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3004169/1/: Ultimate Taijutsu Technique

One of the more intriguing fics, in my opinion, is by Ultra Sonic 007 (shameless plugging ahead!).

Naruto: Legacy (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2328445/1/) - Taking place right after chapter 249 of the manga (where Gaara loses to Deidara), this story is a masterpiece of action. This story's already almost 30 chapters long, and the author (aka me) says he's only in Part II of IV so far. O_o

Some of the Akatsuki members are different than shown in the manga - Deidara is a white-haired woman instead of a blonde-haired man, Zetsu's called Toya Shuu - and the other unknown (at the time) Akatsuki members make an appearace: Koumorimaru, Yagami Hiroto, and Fujiwara Akira. Akira's my fave; he's Akatsuki's resident pervert, and he even has Come Come Paradise! (His battle with Naruto is funny. ;P).

But in recent chapters, Akatsuki's Leader has made some astounding revelations that actually sound quite plausible. I can't wait to see how the story goes next.

I rate this story right up there with Team 8 and For the Love of My Friends. Probably not as much...but I don't know. I like it a lot.

EDIT: Meh, I suppose that I should say that I'm actually Ultra Sonic 007. I'm just advertising...but hey, these are my sentiments. I like this story. I wouldn't write it if I didn't like it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that while that may be shameless plugging, it's very well deserved shameless plugging. Naruto: Legacy is definitely one of the best Fan Fics I've read. I recommend it to anyone who likes fan fics

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to add another piece of art to this list, if you please . I've discovered a nice story, The Lost Soul. It has quite a complex(and cool^^) plot, and is about an OC female character who is trained by Sasuke whereas Orochimaru waits for him to be mature for his transfer mind jutsu.
    It's well written, has credible psychology in it, so you really should have a look at it. It's the first time i write something on this forum(damn leecher, i know, so soooorry Xd), but the poor author who writtes it get not quite as much recognition he deserves, soooo...read it and i hope you will like it as much as i do(it wouldn't do as i became obsessed with it^^)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3055914/1/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread is amazing, how come I didnt no this existed .

any way eventhough this is the first time for me posting here, I have to give credit to tamerlane since like I have told her before that she is the one that started me on reading fanfictions, so thanks tamerlane, I have read a lot of the stories in the archive before I came to see this section and I have to say they are very good , here is another story for the writer of the fic team 8 , his name is s'tarkan its called out of the darkness: a jinchuriki's tale, here is the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3089203/1/
    its a good story, its only three chapters at the moment but they are quite long, and you get to know the personalities of the original charracters he made, it is very entertaining, and goes around a life of a jinchuriki from iwagakure his name is hikaru he runs away to konoha, his personality is unique and makes the story what it is, I highly recommend this .
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

ok swicthing topic like a mad cat i was reading som fanfictoin and noticed that most have a diffuclty incoprating saskue back in (i wonder how kishi is gonna return him) my though some is gonna die

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raine_Joybringer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amg
    ok swicthing topic like a mad cat i was reading som fanfictoin and noticed that most have a diffuclty incoprating saskue back in (i wonder how kishi is gonna return him) my though some is gonna die
    Yes, it seems that a lot of people have that trouble. I don't see why people are just so desperate to do so really. If you look at it canon-wise, Sasuke has no wish to return to the village, and I doubt anyone would want him to. Many people get it messed up by saying Sasuke went not by his free will, or they say he'd be happy to return and settle down after Itachi is killed. But I frankly don't see the point...

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

Visit my dA account: deviantART Or my FF.net account: Fanfiction.net

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Joybringer
    Yes, it seems that a lot of people have that trouble. I don't see why people are just so desperate to do so really. If you look at it canon-wise, Sasuke has no wish to return to the village, and I doubt anyone would want him to. Many people get it messed up by saying Sasuke went not by his free will, or they say he'd be happy to return and settle down after Itachi is killed. But I frankly don't see the point...
    I think sasuke has already seen too much of the darkness, if he comes back I think the only way would be force to bring him back, but he can return to his old charracter after lots of work and time, you see sasuke has simply buried his real emotions becuase of the pain he suffered and the revenge he wants to achieve, he is more like a shell of his real self now than anything else, just seeking vengance and removing all obstacles, but once his emotions come to surface he will need a lot of work but will be back I guess.

anyway, this is off topic, maybe you should make a new thread and move the discussion there raine, or tamerlane could do that , or any other mod who sees fit to do so.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is a discussion thread as well as a suggestion thread for fanfics. So I do not think that you guys are too far off topic.

So do you guys have a favorite fic from the ones that were suggested here yet? I know I need to go thru and update the list a bit, but lately I have not had too much time to go hunting for good fanfics.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane
    Well this is a discussion thread as well as a suggestion thread for fanfics. So I do not think that you guys are too far off topic.

So do you guys have a favorite fic from the ones that were suggested here yet? I know I need to go thru and update the list a bit, but lately I have not had too much time to go hunting for good fanfics.

I think I've told you tis many time before but what the heck, a fic called two halves by dame wren was my favourite but the writer decided to stop its seqeul, two halves is a good story by its own right, but the sequel alread ystarted and then was stopped, apparently the righter didnt have time to do it, which is fine, but later I understood she was being pestered and annoyed by people for not continuing, so removed the story alltogether from fanfiction, sad story isn it, but she was a great writer with lots of spirit, I wish she has good luck since she mentioned she wanted to start a career in writing and publish her stories.

that made me turn to anothere one, beyond hearts and minds by yousha is my current favourite, its one hell of a good fantasy with slight teenage angst, its a really good one, the last would be for the love of my friends, which is really angsty but wierd and entertaining at the same time, I already posted a link to a out of the darkness: a jinchuriki's tale, its write is concentrating on his other naruto fic, so its been slow, but its really good, I loved the OC's he produced, it was one hell of a story.

well thats all I guess, I started readind one of your favourites tamerlane, hananiarashi, I liked it basically, there were things I didnt like, but overall it was a really well written story, and its almost done isnt it , thats all I have for now.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane

Hm, let's see... I have a few on my favs list on FFnet. I should try to update the Helpful Guides thread too. I've got a few things

Some of RJ's Favs:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2290899/1/ - Foxhound by Kraken's Ghost: It's been a bit dead for a while now, but it is still a VERY good read and one of the first Naruto fics I ever read. It's got to do with Naruto merging with Kyuubi and how he deals as a different person. I think it's got hints of NaruIno in it too.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2358066/1/ - The Summoner by Hatsuharu: It's also been dead for a while now, but I did quite enjoy it. It's an AU fic where Sakura is a summoner, and she manages to summon the Kyuubi, but although it's evil, it's in the form of Naruto! It's got some comedic moments in it too.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2704848/1/ - Abyssus by ANBUHound: Completed, and it's one of the very few Naruto/Harry Potter crossovers that I've enjoyed. A younger Kakashi is hired to act as a guard for Harry Potter. There's also a sequel I think with a young Itachi.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2652528/1/ - Kyuubi's Gou by UrufuKiba22: Completed. A very good NaruHina fic that involves Naruto being turned into a kitsune after an escape attempt by Kyuubi goes awry and how he is forced to deal with it, as well as growing up and still aiming for his goal of Hokage. There's also a sequel that's a Next Gen fic.

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3216980/1/ - the prodigy of uchiha- a really good fanfic about itachi and shishu worth a read

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that suggestion, amg. That does look like quite a promising story to read.

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@amg - I loved the rec. Although I must admit, I'm usually unable to read such creative pieces because I lack willpower. But this time, the characters were thrown together so nicely and seemed unforced and real, so I didn't have to stretch my imagination much to make it work in my head. I now want <i>the</i> to be <i>that</i> Shisui. Plus, little Itachi is a treat. I want more gen-fic. *sighs*
    Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

Post Thanks / Like

this one is even better. the best fan fiction ever believe me ever http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2851847/1/ -the golden fox- check it out

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast