Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Onani Master Kurosawa by Katsura Ise & YOKO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Onani Master Kurosawa by Katsura Ise & YOKO

So it seems that we don't have an OMK thread. I am dissapointed Mangahelpers. But not to worry I shall remedy the situation.
    Title: Onani Master Kurosawa AKA Fap Note
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi,Doujinshi ,Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life, Seinen, Parody
    Summary: Onani means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

This is a story of mistakes, redemption, and the choices made in between. It contains the very worst and best of the human condition.
    Why you should read it: Let me just say that this is easily one of my favorite mangas. I admit when I first heard of it I wasn't expecting anything good, at best maybe an amusing ecchi but I was wrong. The manga is a pretty obvious parody of Death Note(in fact the alias of OMK, Fap Note, is a reference to Death Note) and you'll see plenty of references to other popular shows too. As the story goes on it slowly becomes more deep and you steadily become more attached to the various character who are very well fleshed out. In fact OMK is a manga that most anybody can relate too. I should mention though the art is far from fantastic.

You'll come for the fapping, but you'll stay for the life lesson.

Note: There's no Hentai scenes, in fact you'll find more nudity in other seinen like Berserk, Team Medical Dragon, Zetman etc. But there are quite a few ecchi scenes. Hopefully that won't be too problematic.

For those of you who wish to read it online here's a pretty good site to do it.

Downloads:
    Rapidshare download

Deposit Files

Hot files
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; August 13, 2009 at 03:36 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Onani Master Kurosawa by Katsura Ise & YOKO

When I first saw the translation of the name the first thought that ran through my head was... "WTF, no way I'm reading this BS". But, as always, the curiosity got better of me. I thought, "It can't be solely about a guy performing... whatever it is implied in the title, right?" And so I began reading it.

And what do you know, this turned out to be one of the most deep and interesting dramas I have read, in terms of manga. The piece touches issues like introversion, bullying, grudges, irrational thirst for revenge, unrequeted love, unrequeted friendship. Effects such emotions have on teenagers are explored, as are their actions stemming from these amotions and consequences of these actions. No matter how cliche it might sound, I just can not avoid it: This is a story of mistakes and forgiveness... but it's one of a kind!

As Onomatopoeia justly mentioned, you do grow attached to the characters, but I would also like to add that you might grow to hate the characters. As the story advances the hatred (espacially to one specific person) might grow and grow and grow, but ultimately, in the end...

The drawings are not top-notch, and the visage of the main chracter indeed often relies much in Light Yagami from Death Note but the plot that is conveyed, emotions that are conveyed truly compensate for the lack in art department.

I urge everyone to give it a shot.
    After all, you can always drop reading what you don't like, but it never never hurts to give it a try
    Last edited by AlB; April 07, 2011 at 01:16 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty crazy, definitly going to give it a shot soon

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Onani Master Kurosawa by Katsura Ise & YOKO

The librarian gave me the dirtiest look when she saw me reading this in the library. >.>
    But then approved of the decapitation in claymore.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have let her read it, at least to the end of the second volume.

Finished it in two sittings, first for one volume, than had to get the other three to read it to the end. Never had thought, that it would be this good, should be advertised some more, as masturbation is rather a byproduct, than the main theme. 9/10 Ist Must-Read for every true manga fan.

Last chapter was lovely, will have to read the sequel novel chapters these days... wish there was more from the author Katsura Ise or another colloboration with Yakota Takuma.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 28, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply