Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiseijuu (Parasyte) by Iwaaki Hitoshi

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiseijuu (Parasyte) by Iwaaki Hitoshi

Well..I just stumbled over it and while I'm not a fan of the horror genre this one really hooked me:
    Kiseijuu (or Parasyte).

Summary and more info here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Parasyte centers around a teenage boy named Shin'ichi Izumi (泉新一 Izumi Shin'ichi), or Shin in the English version. He lives with his mother and father in a rather quiet neighborhood when, one night, an alien invasion occurs. The aliens are called Parasytes. They are worm-like creatures that enter human "hosts" throught their ears or noses, and take over their brain. A Parasyte attempts to crawl into Shin's ear and take over his brain while he sleeps, but is stopped by his headphones and accidentally burrows into one of his hands, instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and it is named Migii (ミギー). In the English version, it takes over his left hand (because the images in the book are flipped to allow for left-to-right reading) and is named "Lefty."

Because the Parasyte infected his hand instead of his brain, Shin and Migii each retain their own, separate intellect. This gives them an edge in battling the other Parasytes, who see Shin's ability to think independently as a threat.
    Warning: it contains some serious violence. I must say that I was quite shocked by the awful way humans were slaughtered.

What I really like about this is how the character of Shinji develops. Because a parasyte is living inside him he doubts himself if he becomes unhuman, too. There are some moral and ethical issues about the right to live for parasytes and how much a human live values.
    Spoiler show

Be sure to give it a try!

Now, here is the chance to discuss this series! Give us your 2 cents about it!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kiseijuu/Parasyte Discussion

Do you know where I can download this?
    Kitty Got Wet

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual you can get it with irc: #lurk@irchighway.net

At www.stoptazmo.com per direct download, as well.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Miso
    Kitty Got Wet

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks interesting.
    This might be of some interest to some
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470888/

Edit:
    This was a really great manga, but it seems like the last chapter is missing or hasn't been released yet?
    Just wondering if someone here maybe know where one could get the chapter or when it will be released..
    I don't mean to be rude if it appears so, I just have very little knowledge with using proper words in english.. or something.

Spoiler show

Btw is it only me, or does this manga seem to be inspired by Alpha Centauri(PC Game) or the otherway around.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the manga is damn good, just after not reading it for a while I forgot about it. also the burtality of it is stark and rigid, similiar to how people do things in real life, in very dire situations

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The best manga on earth thanks for the recommendation but where do I get the 58th chapter?????
    Im Himmel keinen zweiten.My english is really bad.Building the Future and keeping the Past alive is one and the same thing. Solid Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like no one has scanlated it more than that.. can't seem to find any place which ships outside the us either..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phonox
    Looks interesting.
    This might be of some interest to some
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470888/

ooooooooooooooooo it always nice to see that a jp novel/manga is being recognize by US industry, i love the manga but was never able to read the end since no one translated it, hope the movie is as good as the manga. cant wait

but from imdb.com, they added 3 more writer along with hitoshi iwaaki the creator of the novel....that doesnt seem like a good sign, hope the addon script doesnt screw up the movie.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love this manga its so awesome, and even though its ultra violent its not truly disturbing for the reader.

Post Thanks / Like

If somebody hasn't noticed yet and is interested:
    Manga-Otakus has scanlated chapter 58 of Kiseijuu, which ends the ninth volume.

IRC: #manga-otakus@irc.irchighway.net
    Direct Download: http://www.stoptazmo.com/kiseijuu/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member e-s-g's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, Excuse the ressurection of this quite dead topic, but I just have to say I got into this manga a few years back and it is excellent! I've only read up to volume 2 and I want to really thank you Phonox and Miso for giving links for dls.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-s-g
    Ahh, Excuse the ressurection of this quite dead topic, but I just have to say I got into this manga a few years back and it is excellent! I've only read up to volume 2 and I want to really thank you Phonox and Miso for giving links for dls.
    Thx man.
    Im Himmel keinen zweiten.My english is really bad.Building the Future and keeping the Past alive is one and the same thing. Solid Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of a dead topic, but posting here should be better than starting a new one, I think.
    Anyway, just a heads up incase someone has missed it, Manga Otaku has now scanslated Chapter 60 in Volume 10.

Same sources as before.
    Also I've uploaded it to two alternate locations, as the speed from StopTazmo was really slow (It took 2 hours), I hope this isn't against the rules somehow.
    If it is, against the rules, I'll remove right away.

Alternate Direct Download:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-ressurects thread-

I just finished reading all the scanlated chapters of Kiseijuu... And I'm sorely disapointed to find that there aren't going to be any more! Not only that, the English version is out of print... But Del Ray picked it up, which is great, considering they're pretty good, but they're starting from the beginning... So they're still at volume one.

Anyway, my point is that if anyone has and raw links for chapter 60+ I'd really love to seem them! The suspsense is killing me! This is a fabulous manga and I really hope another group picks it up! (apparently it only goes until 64 anyway...)
    Last edited by Magical Poof; May 28, 2007 at 09:51 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast