Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed

Thread: Gantz The 1000

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz The 1000

While reading the latest chapters (241-242) i saw a add for Gantz 100th and i was wondering what it is? i couldnt find any info on it..

Anyways if you could give me info on what it is that would be a big help ^_^

Thanks in advance
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 100th?

It's actually called "Gantz The 1000". The first volume is called Thousand in Raptures, and the second volume is called Thousand in Despair. They're actually a repackaging of the Volumes 1-5, and Volumes 6-10, with each being around a thousand pages each I believe. They come with bonus color pages and stickers I heard. When I say volumes 1-5 and 6-10 this is a rough estimate, as the Thousand in Raptures contains chapters 1-56, and Thousand in Despair contains chapters 57-111. The Raptures volume is missing the last two chapters of volume five, 57 and 58. They are in the Despair volumes, and chapter 111 really only marks the halfway point in volume 10, before Izumi's massacre takes place, so it's a rough estimate. Apparently the page format is different, and is closer to the Young Jump Magazine. I'm not sure whether that means they are larger or smaller, but my guess is smaller since each volume is so long.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz The 1000

wow- i saw that too and didnt know what it was at all. I just thought it was an ad for something else like a card game or something.

Good to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow... thats long >.< now i just hope the manga will get Lincneced and we mite can get those here in english >__> ok i know that we wont but a guy can dream right?
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you guys know of the actual quality of these? Are they magazine release quality? Or are they the good volume release quality? I'm thinking of purchasing them for myself, but not sure I want to do so if they're magazine paper quality.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zindryr
    Do any of you guys know of the actual quality of these? Are they magazine release quality? Or are they the good volume release quality? I'm thinking of purchasing them for myself, but not sure I want to do so if they're magazine paper quality.
    The only thing that I can say regarding the quality, is that I heard the pages are larger and closer to YJ pages in size. I'm not sure whether that means they are YJ quality though.

Thread Closed