Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Theories on the rules.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Theories on the rules.

Alright Im going to refer to both the anime and the manga for this theory.
    Well in the manga, nishi and izumi talk on the subway car about how the japanese cannot lose, i assume that this is reffering to losing missions, because in the anime, where kurono dies at the end leaving no survivors (he dies, dont question) in the gantz room, the gantz in that room dissapeared, I only assume that is "losing" when the entire room dies out and theres nobody to pass help down the country is eliminated from the gantz standings, so tokyo lost due to kurono's death in the anime, but he lives in the manga so they didnt lose quite yet, what yall think?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hitsugaya_333's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theories on the rules.

IMO, don't base your theories on the anime.

I think you mean Kurono's death in the manga, not the anime.

Signature Courtesy of Miso

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the last mission in the anime has nothing to do with the manga. It is what is called filler. It was just a way to end the anime with some sort of finality.

Neither Izumi or Nishi say that Japan can not lose. All they talk about is that their current team is terrible under pressure and that they will need some better weapons to make up for it. Nishi then suggest they leave "it" up to America, or Germany, or Israel. Izumi says that he is Japanese, and that he wants to show the world how superior Japan is.

We still don't know exactly what "it" is. It's obvious it has something with a larger goal involving Gantz. It's evident that both Izumi and Nishi know the most about Gantz and who or what is behind it.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but man how cant Kurono not know , he is da second person ever to leave that room,i think there is not only two Gantz teams ....

they will definantly wont survive if Kurono will be dead, no chance for them cause if the Gantz team will go against the Osaka team (eventualy it definantly happen) they wont win for sure if ofcourse Katau will do something , but hey need Kei back asap...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It never says that Kurono is only the 2nd person to escape the room unless I am mistaken. I think there has got to be some way to find out information from Gantz or maybe somewhere in that house, b/c Nishi and Izumi's knowledge is far greater than any1 elses. I think that alot of secrets will be solved soon, with them meeting the Osaka team though i don't think they will be the ones to reveal them.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davox View Post
    It never says that Kurono is only the 2nd person to escape the room unless I am mistaken. I think there has got to be some way to find out information from Gantz or maybe somewhere in that house, b/c Nishi and Izumi's knowledge is far greater than any1 elses. I think that alot of secrets will be solved soon, with them meeting the Osaka team though i don't think they will be the ones to reveal them.
    nah in da anime Nishi said that he was here from da start and that there was only one that got back-Izumi...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    nah in da anime Nishi said that he was here from da start and that there was only one that got back-Izumi...
    Keyword: In the Anime.

I don't think Nishi ever said he was a Gantzer from the beginning because no one knows how long the "game" has been going on. From my memory, Nishi said he had been a player for a year when the manga started.

If Nishi said something like that he probably meant that Izumi was the first player to come back to the room after being freed since Nishi had been there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Davox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    Yeah man in the anime, the connection between the anime and manga as far as I am concerned is very weak. And no one knows how long the gantz game has been going, I mean it can[t be for very long b/c Nishi committed suicide when he was in middle school and he is still in middle school.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i realy remeber that NIshi said taht there was only one to comeback,but dont u think that NIshi know more then Kei,Katou ant others , he might now everything when it started and everything , when Kei first came , he said taht theres a secret organization(if he was telling the thruth)i think Izumi was the only one , i dont see more people getting out of there

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Izumi is the only one we know of, doesn't mean he was the only person ever to return to Gantz after being set free. There are too many unknowns as it is in Gantz. Whether Izumi is the only one or not is probably not that important to the story anyway.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually guessing with whats happend so far the "it" talked about before could just mean missions going on & leaving it to better teams like the countries mentioned.

Also, I wonder if nishi knows about the other gantz team members in japan. Also about the game, who knows how long its been going on. It can be as old as 2000+ years old. They hunted those aliens that guarded the temple so it can go back as far as religion(s) started.

If you are gonna base gantz with anything from the anime. Forget it, the manga is so much deeper.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssjasper2003 View Post
    Actually guessing with whats happend so far the "it" talked about before could just mean missions going on & leaving it to better teams like the countries mentioned.

Also, I wonder if nishi knows about the other gantz team members in japan. Also about the game, who knows how long its been going on. It can be as old as 2000+ years old. They hunted those aliens that guarded the temple so it can go back as far as religion(s) started.

If you are gonna base gantz with anything from the anime. Forget it, the manga is so much deeper.
    yeah its definantly deep, wonder with what they were killing the aliens when the religions started...man i wanna know more , i thnk there will be pace 4

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, who knows mythology is crazy so you have no idea how far/insane Oku(gantz creator) can/will go in gantz.

Well since phase 2 gantz has been out bi weekly which is a pain due to the wait. I wish a lot more people read it & was in par with one piece & naruto popularity cause the storyline just beats both of them & makes em look like $1 vs $infinity. Well thats my opinion.

Its in phase 2 & after 247 chapters, much hasnt been explained yet, well their reason for doing it hasnt so gantz can go on for as long as oku wants/allowed to(as long as the stories are still good) .

I had an awsome dream last night that could be used in gantz lol.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssjasper2003 View Post
    Lol, who knows mythology is crazy so you have no idea how far/insane Oku(gantz creator) can/will go in gantz.

Well since phase 2 gantz has been out bi weekly which is a pain due to the wait. I wish a lot more people read it & was in par with one piece & naruto popularity cause the storyline just beats both of them & makes em look like $1 vs $infinity. Well thats my opinion.

Its in phase 2 & after 247 chapters, much hasnt been explained yet, well their reason for doing it hasnt so gantz can go on for as long as oku wants/allowed to(as long as the stories are still good) .

I had an awsome dream last night that could be used in gantz lol.
    ny thoughts exactly Gantz>Naruto>One Piece , the story is a story u cant copy, but i still like Naruto , but u know i think something will happen and Kurono will be revived cause Gantz will have no choise , if he destroys the aliens and will find no one like him,that would be awesome Kurono and Katau again, damn i wanna see that and what kind of a dream u had?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like them a lot also but when compared to gantz they fall short.

Well kurono coming back, he probably will unless gantz has something against reviving someone who didnt die on a mission. If he did it will probably be kurono from either the end of chapter 237 where katou got revived( if I am correct) or before the vampires killed him. So he should have knowledge about gantz unless he is a total noob.

Also his brother is a vampire so I wonder how he got vampire blood in him. He couldve just been turned a vampire or kuronos family is all vampires but thatd be a no brainer since the symptoms didnt show up for kei yet.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast