Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed

Thread: Kurosaki Isshin reference?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurosaki Isshin reference?

alright guys. i have just started the anime and in episode 41, when byakuya says to ukitake, "no relation to the man who just flashed through your mind. he's just a ryoka." i thought it may be referring to isshin. is this plausible?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Evil Mind's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurosaki Isshin reference?

It generaly agree that he said that in refrence to Shiba Kaien, Ukitake's former Lieutenant. But anything is possable I guess.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ro-kurorai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

u have a point manurudh,
    I didn't think about it earlier but it makes sense. Isshin is apparently a powerful shinigami captain and thus must have been known in soul society during his active duty days.

Since Byakuya referrs to Ichigo as ryoka he doesn't assume Ichigo is related to Isshin.
    I cannot think of another referrence.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

general and most likely meaning of the reference:
    Ichigo is the spitting image of Shiba Kaien

the following is a spoiler for everybody who is still so far behind the current events:

The reasons for the above assumption:
    Byakuya reffered to ichigo as a lookalike of "him", rukia has so far not anything to do with isshin, hell, she doesn't even know he is a shinigami when she is at his house.
    Kaien being a big point in rukias life and byakuyas seemingly bad relation to the shiba household (see the treatment of the younger shiba brother), solidifies this.

Kaien was the vice captain of Ukitake, and a very loved one at that. following that thought it'd make sense if he were to think of a relation between the two lookalikes ichigo and kaien.

everything points to it being a reference to kaien, i don't see how it could be a reference to isshin... or at least the possibility of it is lower than 2 percent for me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, with Isshin being a rouge, if anyone thought Ichigo was connected to him, wouldn't calling Ichigo a ryoka(intruder) just intensify thier suspicion?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurouno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Ichigo first does his Bankai, doesn't Byakuya say something along the lines of "he isn't a Shinigami by blood" which pretty much solidifies the fact he doesn't know of Isshin?

Isshin must be a VERY old Shinigami, if no one makes the connection, as often as Ichigo's surname is said...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Evil Mind's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know if Kurosaki is the surname Isshin use in SS or one he picked/made up on earth.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurouno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kudos, good point, and one I obviously didn't consider. ¬_¬

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member THETRUTH.com's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

manurudh, I think its possible. When I first saw the ep. in question I thought when Byakuya said something like "at least, not to the man who just flashed through your mind". The "at least" part specifically made me think it Byakuya knew he could be related to someone else in SS but not Kaien. But I cant remember that far back in the manga to recall how the coversation went.

As far as the others not recognizing Isshin, Rukia age group wasnt even around when Yoruichi left SS, Hitsugaya is younger than them, and Ikkaku probably isnt that much older than Rukia. She even called Captin Kuchiki "Little Byakuya" like he was a youngster. I think that it is possible Isshin left SS(and is as old if not older than Yoruichi) before Urahara and Yoruichi so it is possible that the shinigami being sent to earth arent even old enough to ever have seen him. Urahara knows Isshin so someone like Ukitake-taichou would probably know him but he wouldnt be going to earth.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Isshin was from a different part of SS that not many people know...The Royal Court, the place of which Aizen wants invade/enter.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    general and most likely meaning of the reference:
    Ichigo is the spitting image of Shiba Kaien
    That's my point of view with the reference scene. Thats all.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Isshin was known by Kurosaki if he was in the Gotei 13, otherwise people would have recognized the name. If he was from the Royal family then they wouldn't know. Maybe he took his wife's name?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is the ishida and the kurosaki familys have be tried together somehow and also the 6th captain said he used his true form of his bai kai one one other his could mean isshin. Also he has never seen ichigo's father in the real world. that captain is so full of him self that he thinks heis all ways right. When ichigos powers can back to him shouldn't some bells be ringing in his head i love arrogatace in the upper classes makes me lol.
    Last edited by mars0103; April 25, 2007 at 08:22 AM. Reason: i can not speel :@)
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ro-kurorai View Post
    u have a point manurudh,
    I didn't think about it earlier but it makes sense. Isshin is apparently a powerful shinigami captain and thus must have been known in soul society during his active duty days.

Since Byakuya referrs to Ichigo as ryoka he doesn't assume Ichigo is related to Isshin.
    I cannot think of another referrence.
    but it troubles me that ishin is also called kurosaki and ichigo is also, but no captain has even made a link with kurosaki ishin (captain class so he is well known) and kurosaki ichigo even being related to eshoulder, it maybe 20 or 100 years but still ukitake should known along with a few older captains but they did not even ask or mention anything a bout ichigo...

Thread Closed