Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Just got this idea... and what the heck!
Well, I was thinking earlier, why should the 'General World News' forum always be such a serious place? So this thread is intended to break the ice here somewhat and make the mood a bit lighter.
So here's the thing. You know all these talk shows at night that make fun of the news? For example, David Letterman. Where does he get all his jokes from? Writers, of course, who listen to the news in the morning and so forth. Sometimes it's how some people actually learn about what happened during the day.
So I challenge you all: are YOU good at coming up with jokes based on news? Well, if you are, this is the thread to come and try your hand at it. Who knows, you just might make somebody chuckle and lift their spirits And you might find out you're a natural comedian.
Rules to keep in mind though:
1. You have to base your joke on something that actually happened (preferably a recent event). And be thorough in including a link somewhere in your post to, or c/ping and spoilering, an article reporting the news. That way you don't end up confusing people before you get your joke out.
2. Keep the mood light in here, so no serious posts allowed. You can start a different thread about the subject, though, if you really want to.
3. No racist jokes - or anything that would offend people too much.
4. No spamming - this isn't the Fun Forum. It's okay to say briefly that you enjoyed a particular joke - but I recommend just private messaging the poster to tell them how much you like it. The challenge here is for you to ALSO post a joke yourself.
5. Try to keep your joke short and sweet if you can, and limit yourself to at least three jokes per post. Give somebody else a chance
So you guys might have heard that a new planet was just discovered. Here's the article:
Guess what though...
EDIT: By the way, if you don't feel like you're good at it, it's okay if you repeat a joke you've heard before from somebody else. But PLEASE don't overdo it by posting a lot of jokes in one post and be sure to say that you didn't come up with it. Also, you still have to find the news to go with it
Last edited by Gold Knight; April 25, 2007 at 07:40 PM.