Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the new captains?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will be the new captains?

Dont know if any one has ever posted about this but who do you think will become the 3 new captins replecing Gin Aizen and Kaname.

I think that Renji and Rukia are the most likely to
    become captins.

Renji is quite possibly the most likely to become a captin seeing as hes a powerful shinigami and has the ability to use bankai. and after the current arc maybe he has proven himself enough that he will be offered a captin position weather or not he will accept it or not is another thing.

Rukia i think also has the potential to become a captain maybe with with a reccomendation from her own captain and some help from her brother she may be a second candiadate.

I cant think of a third person other than ikkaku but he has said he doesnt want the posotion seeing as he will follow kenpachi forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hitsugaya_333's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be new captins

Well, Rukia may be dead (You're current with the manga, right?). And I'm not sure Renji will survive his fight. Everyone seems to be being defeated by the Espada in this arc, so I'm not sure everyone will survive.

I do agree with you that Renji has the ability to becaome captain, and, it doesn't hurt his status to defeat an Espada.

Rukia, with a few more years of training, could achieve Bankai, but she's only Lieutenant class at the moment.

Ikkaku will always serve under Kenpachi, unless his secret is revealed to others.

Matsumoto is training for Bankai, if I remember correctly. I could see her as a new captain awhile after Bleach has ended.

Yoruichi, Isshin, and Urahara are all captain class, and if the last two's exiles were revoked, they could be captains as well.

Signature Courtesy of Miso

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sojiroseta98's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be new captains

i think Renji will eventually be Captain...Ikkaku will prolly serve under Kenpachi forever but as for the third spot well i really don't think Tousen is gonna get killed i think they'll manage to "make him see the light" since his intentions are not exactly as "evil" as Aizen's or Ichimaru or not to say evil jus they don't seem to be for self gain so i think there will only be 2 spots available for new captains when all is said and done...however i also think that there will be at least 1 captain out of the good guys who'll die
    "You can tame a dog with food, you can tame a person with money, but nothing can tame a miburo"
    "A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they will ask ichigo's father to come back to be one of the captain... or even offer ichigo that position..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rikichikai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want to see shuhei take tosens' place as captain. that would be cool!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji and Ikkaku refuse to become ones even though they are the most fit.
    Matsumoto can't handle the paper work of a vice captain and I doubt she will accept being a captain if it means any more work.

I assume the best ones then would be Iba Tetsuzaemo (he went toe to toe with Ikkaku), Hisagi Shuuhei (he is a senior and seems to fill Tousen's place well so far) and Yamamoto's vice (dont' know his name but he looks wise enough to become captain).

Yachiru is too attached to Zaraki
    Isane is just too kind and not really a fighter but rather a healer
    Nemu is too submissive
    Ohmaeda Marechiyo is he is big, dumb and ugly and seems like the person who would love to show off by being a captain but for the Love of God don't let him become one
    Last edited by Silhouette; April 18, 2007 at 09:02 AM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ryderdm3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuukaku will by the end of the series

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see why Renji wouldnt take the job.

His only real ambition is surpassing Byakuya, and beomeing his equal in official status is one more step down that road.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji doesn't want to take the job because he wants to surpass Byakaka

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Endrance's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Renji doesn't want to take the job because he wants to surpass Byakaka
    Isn't that kind of an incentive to take the position?

I'm hoping we see some new faces filling the positions, that might stir things up with the vice-captains. Maybe one of the oldies will take a space, too, but my money's on Hisagi. I'm sure if kubo does touch apon this more, he'll choose someone nobody will expect.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pollux's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think wanting to surpass Byakuya and becoming a captain are incompatible but I still think that Renji will remain the VC of the 6th division as I don't think being a captain (with all the responsabilities) would suit him.
    The only other one we know to have bankai is Ikkaku but he doesn't want to leave the 11th division.
    Now, about the others :
    1st division VC : I don't think Old Man Yamamoto would choose a weakling as VC so I think it's possible
    Oomaeda Marechiyo : seems too weak and stupid (poor Soi-Fon)
    Kira Izuru : too submissive, seems to be fit to be someone's underling, not the one with the power (but I want to see more of him)
    Kotetsu Isane : since she is a healer, her place is in the 4th division
    Hinamori Momo : seems rather strong but is currently unable to do anything other than thinking about Aizen's betrayal
    Iba Tetsuzaemon : seems responsible enough. Although it seems he was doing well against Ikkaku, the latter only use his true powers when he has to do as for him, having fun while fighting is more important than victory, so I think it's difficult to judge his abilities based on this fight
    Ise Nanao : I think her personality make her a good candidate but she probably lacks strength
    Hisagi Shuuhei : no problem with his personality and he seems to be in charge of the 9th division since Tousen so becoming a captain would not be really new for him. Plus the fact that, in the special chapter about Kira, Renji and Momo, it is said that he is a "genius" (that's not the term used by I don't know how to say it). A very good candidate in my opinion
    Matsumoto Rangiku : seems too lazy and too attached to her captain
    Kusajika Yachiru : Yachiru leaving Ken-chan ? No way !
    Kurotsuchi Nemu : way too submissive

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Renji is one of those three and the one with 69 on his ceek,but i think Renji will be lieutenant in 6th squad untill he becomes stronger the Byakuya and then becomes captain.......

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I don't think wanting to surpass Byakuya and becoming a captain are incompatible but I still think that Renji will remain the VC of the 6th division as I don't think being a captain (with all the responsabilities) would suit him.
    The only other one we know to have bankai is Ikkaku but he doesn't want to leave the 11th division.
    Now, about the others :
    1st division VC : I don't think Old Man Yamamoto would choose a weakling as VC so I think
    Man, you've forgotten that the old guy was defeated bare-handedly by Ichigo in just mere seconds and he already had his zanpakuto released.

Hmm, so you don't think responsibilities suit Renji? How bout Kyouraku and Zaraki? Do they look like responsibilities suit them? In the end, the list is cut down to those who know Bankai/captain-level . I don't think that Renji has a choice if he were chosen to be a captain and if he is nominated to be one especially when there aren't anyone many than him eligible for the job.Plus he isn't that irresponsible and it seems that he cares for the order of the gotei 13, evidenced when he asked Ikkaku to become a captain.
    Last edited by ran0001; April 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a proud Haruhiist. Join the revolution to change the world!SOS Brigade Rules!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pollux's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

When I think about Ichigo defeating 3 VC in one attack each, I like to think that it was partially caused by the fact that they did not think Ichigo would have a chance against them without Zangetsu so they were caught by surprise. Yet, I admit it is stupid as Ichigo could not be a weakling since he stopped the big phoenix thing. We should just ask all the VC to stand while Ichigo punch them in order to be able to make a comparison between them.
    As for Kyouraku and Zaraki, you're completely right but I was only thinking about candidates, not about captains so I didn't think about them.
    As for Renji, I made a mistake. It's not that I think it would not suit him or that he is not responsible enough. It's just that it seems that captain have a lot of paperwork to do whereas VC are more often on the battlefield so I thought that Renji would perhaps prefer fighting than sitting behind a desk all day.
    But that's only my opinion.
    Anyway, thanks for your remarks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    When I think about Ichigo defeating 3 VC in one attack each, I like to think that it was partially caused by the fact that they did not think Ichigo would have a chance against them without Zangetsu so they were caught by surprise. Yet, I admit it is stupid as Ichigo could not be a weakling since he stopped the big phoenix thing. We should just ask all the VC to stand while Ichigo punch them in order to be able to make a comparison between them.
    As for Kyouraku and Zaraki, you're completely right but I was only thinking about candidates, not about captains so I didn't think about them.
    As for Renji, I made a mistake. It's not that I think it would not suit him or that he is not responsible enough. It's just that it seems that captain have a lot of paperwork to do whereas VC are more often on the battlefield so I thought that Renji would perhaps prefer fighting than sitting behind a desk all day.
    But that's only my opinion.
    Anyway, thanks for your remarks.
    Its not that Captains fight less. But that there's no one they should be fighting generally.

If a Captain wants to fight no one can stop them, but most opponents arnt worthy of their abilities (that or plot magic dictates they not get involved.)

For instance the SS arc. Had the Captains decided to take care of the invaders personally it'd have been a short arc.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast