Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who will be the new captains?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the new captains?

I can agree with him having been a lieutenant a little while longer, but under who's squad? The gap between captain and lieutenant is significant, but unless he's the captain commander's lieutenant, his gap between him and any of the other captains (maybe the senior captains) wouldn't be as significant. As far as power, intelligence, and battle prowess, he's definitely ready to be a captain...maturity, that's another thing. But then again, Byakuya wasn't always the mature, cool, calm, collected captain he is today either...

Quote Originally Posted by landundersea View Post
    as i said the only reason i get so pissed is because i really thought he would be someone like mr. next captain-commander and so far... 0
    I see what you're saying, but he still has ALOT of growing to do. Remember, the captain commander has been captain commander for over 2000 years...so we don't even REALLY know how old the guy is...so suffice it to say, Hitsugaya in another 100 or so years could be leaps and bounds beyond the other captains...I think because of his rank and all, we tend to forget he was a kid. The other captains have been captains longer than he's even been alive in the soul society, so for him to have accomplished what he has is still pretty impressive and the fact that he can fight on par with pretty much everyone (while still being the youngest) is impressive. He's got to be the youngest person to achieve bankai...(that's just an assumption)
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member landundersea's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the new captains?

Quote Originally Posted by union98 View Post
    I can agree with him having been a lieutenant a little while longer, but under who's squad? The gap between captain and lieutenant is significant, but unless he's the captain commander's lieutenant, his gap between him and any of the other captains (maybe the senior captains) wouldn't be as significant.
    he could had served under unohana or ukitake (replacing another genious who had a water-type zan ) or kyouraku (whose vice-captain we haven't seen since...) i get the feeling that maybe he got there so fast as soul society was trying to replace the mysterious ex-captain who went missing sometime before the TBTP arc. it must be fairly difficult to find captains and apparently they cannot really wait for ever, so i guess hitsugaya had the technical stuff but was not actually ready. it's like he had the good grades but lacked in everything else.

As far as power, intelligence, and battle prowess, he's definitely ready to be a captain...maturity, that's another thing. But then again, Byakuya wasn't always the mature, cool, calm, collected captain he is today either...
    again, he has the grades but maybe not just yet. and as for Byakuya... is it just me or his division is under the control of his family or sth??? i have mixed feelings about byakuya too, in the end i find sui-feng more mature and collected than both of them though she must be 'weaker'

He's got to be the youngest person to achieve bankai...(that's just an assumption)
    as i said, it seems to me there is sth weird with his zanpakuto, does hyourinmaru represent a separate entity, i mean completely separate another spiritual entity leaving in another dimension (dragons were afterall considered god-like in china and japan), that was 'compatible' with hitsugaya? because then we might have to consider that his marvellous evolution is also the result of this coexistence.

EPIC BATTLE!!! EPIC BATTLE!!!! BRING FORTH THE DRAGONS... not just black ink and a partially derranged super-villain
    ~ No matter how fast Light travels, it finds the Darkness has always gotten there first and is waiting for it.

~ Joel: Wednesday, do you think someday you might want to get married and have kids?
    Wednesday: No.
    Joel: But what if you met just the right man, who worshiped and adored you, who'd do anything you say, who'd be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?
    Wednesday: I'd pity him.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7