For the most part this has changed up a bit.Originally Posted by Phenom
01.) Rurouni Kenshin
03.) Fullmetal Alchemist
04.) Death Note
06.) Fairy Tail
07.) Samurai Deeper Kyo
08.) Change 123
1. Honey x Honey Drops
2. Watashi ni XX Shinasai!
3. Bloody Cross
4. Rockin' Heaven
5. Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu
7. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
8. Shinshi Doumei Cross
9. Hakushaku to Yousei
And, that's all I can think of right now :\ There's a ton of other ones that I like, but they're not my favourites.
1- Dragon Ball
4- Ultra Heaven
6- Ode to Kirihito
7- Hunter X Hunter
9- Black Jack
10- Hoshi no Samidare
11- Drifting Classroom
12- Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji
13- Lost World
14- Harukana Machi-E
16- One Piece
17- Tobaku Haouden Zero
19- Kokou no Hito
Hmm my favorites mangas/manhwas are :
1. One Piece/ Naruto
2. The Breaker+ New Waves
4. Tower of God
7. Fairy Tail
10. Nurarihyon no Mago
11. D-Gray Man
12. Eden no Ori
14. Shin Angyo Onshi
16. Defense Devil
17. Zippy Ziggy
18. Witch Hunter
19. 7 seeds
20. Liar Game
21. Immortal Rain
My updated rankings, in order. With a short summary of how I feel about each.
Current Top 3
1) Noblesse (This manhwa has a firm grip on my #1 spot.)
2) Beelzebub (My overall #2 and probably my favorite current manga)
3) Tower of God (A GREAT series, but my concerns about what certain plot elements mean for the series' future makes it's hold on the #3 spot very tenuous)
4) The Breaker: New Waves (This manhwa slid down a spot because a certain development with the main character is beginning to drag for me.)
5) Ubel Blatt (It's back and great as ever.)
6) Claymore (Fell a few spots because the last combat arc ended up dragging a little toward the end, but I expect it will recover.)
7) Bleach (It seem like Bleach has rediscovered itself a bit but for some reason the idea of another war arc sends a cold shiver down my spine; and not in a good way.)
8) Fairy Tail (A solid series that is, unfortunately, entirely too fond of battle tournaments.)
9) One Piece (I miss Boa Hancock.)
10) Medaka Box (I'm late to the party on this crazy series but the most recent arc has really pulled me in.)
11) TAL (The art is mediocre but it's dry sense of humor is highly addicting.)
12) Naruto (A pretty steady decline, due to a prolonged arc that I just don't think is very good.)
13) Id (Continues to recover from a weird time travel arc.)
14) The World God Only Knows (It's hilarious but the jury is still out on the goddess-focused plotline.)
15) Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Still fun, but it hasn't really set itself apart recently.)
16) Gintama (It's very good but I find it a lot harder to really appreciate in manga form.)
17) Ao no Exorcist (A very entertaining series that seems poised get even better.)
18) Girls of the Wild's (Great artwork, humor, and characters; but the protagonist needs to establish himself.)
19) Legend of Tyr (Exciting potential but little of it has been realized thus far.)
20) Geukji High (A new and hilarious over the top martial arts comedy.)
Quite a few changes on my list. Lots of new manhwa series, since I have been trying a lot of those out recently, and seven series fell off the list entirely for various reasons.
Some because they are completed series and I only rank ongoing ones.
- Veritas (I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's not coming back.)
- Mahou Sensei Negima! (Finished)
- Superior† (Finished)
Some because they just don't belong in my top 20 anymore.
- To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness (The plot just doesn't seem like it's going anywhere anytime soon)
- Onihime VS (Infrequent scanlation more than anything else has caused my interest to wain.)
- Rosario+Vampire (I'm not even really sure why I liked it in the first place, but the effect seems to be fading.)
- Nurarihyon no Mago (It's last few arcs have seemed awfully similar to me...)
Last edited by Jammin; May 07, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
It's hard to rank them all. So I will just rank the manga using the following question: For which manga/manwha am I really waiting each week ? So,like Jammin, only ongoing mangas in my classment this time .
1) Tower of God: Even if I was very disappointed by the last few chapters. It's still the one from which I'm expecting the most. The characters, the story, the world, the pace, the refreshing webcomic aspect, ...
2) One Piece: Still in second place but not even close to what I felt before this infamous underwater arc ...
3) Noblesse: Nice pace, good characters, original. Enjoyable.
4) HxH: would be ranked first if the manga still deserved to be called Hunter x Hunter instead of Hiatus x Hiatus
5) Gamaran: It's just an efficient work. It's simple but it's working. Each week I just keep waiting for the next fight.
6) Beelzebub : The most funny WSJ manga. Period.
7) Fairy Tail: Each time I want to talk about this manga, I insist on the bad points (nakama powerups, timeskip ...) but in the end, I'm still reading it because of one single fact: GREAT characters & cool fights.
8) Gantz: Unique melting pot of violence & strong feelings
9) Toriko: Pace is IMO too slow but still a refreshing read.
10) Kuroko no basket: best current sport manga for me. But I'm still waiting for a successor to Eyeshield 21.
11) Kurogane: I don't really know why I'm liking it. But fact is I do.
12) The god of high school: Great main character, martial arts & superpower ... enough to keep me interested.
13) Naruto: I'm just used to read it for so many years. I keep reading it. It is this manga which got me back in the mangaworld. And Naruto was even my main reason to become a member on this forum. And then there was a timeskip & the author lost control. As often in shounen, each character seems now able to destroy earth. Rules no longer apply...
14) Bleach: Still entertaining but what a wasted potential. Probably the biggest waste in manga history.
15) The breaker: new waves. This manwha can thank a certain old man who just was awesome. I put this manwha in my top just because of him. He deserves it .
16) HSDK: Cool fights
17) Cage of Eden: Honestly, I think I just got a thing for "people lost on mysterious island".
18) Claymore: IMO, again a manga where a timeskip ruined a lot. And I miss Claire & I didn't miss Raki one bit.
19) Liar Game: I thought it was brillant at the beginning. But it's just overly complicated when you try to read this on a weekly/monthly basis. Rules are now too complicated to get a grasp of what is really happening without reading twice. But still, I like the characters & it's giving me a nice "death note" feeling.
Edit: which was really needed.
Last edited by zelllogan; January 03, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Several completed series in my Top 20, but still I enjoy rereading them from time to time much over series that are still running.
- One Piece
- Fairy Tail
- Rock'N'Roll Ricky
- Ryuushika Ryuushika
- Ao no Exorcist
- Dragon Ball
- Captain Tsubasa
- To Love-Ru/To Love-Ru Darkness
- Aa! Megami-sama
- Choujikuu Yousai Macross - The First
- Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie
- Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
- RAVE The Groove Adventure
- Tekken Chimni Legends
(not in the list, but whenever I can, I read as much Kochikame I can get...)
Last edited by hoeru; May 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
- 20th Century Boys
- Slam Dunk
- The Music of Marie
- Kokou no Hito
- Onani Master Kurosawa
- Hoshin Engi
- Bloody Monday
- One Piece
- Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
- Vinland Saga
- Ping Pong
- Hikaru no Go
Good thing i didn't have to look out for
1- Dragon Ball
4- Ultra Heaven
5- Kokou no Hito
7- Ode to Kirihito
8- One Piece
10- Black Jack
12- Hoshi no Samidare
13- Drifting Classroom
14- Hunter X Hunter
15- Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji
16- Lost World
17- Harukana Machi-E
19- Tobaku Haouden Zero